Arc One – Chapter 2
382 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc One - Chapter 2


Many thanks to velestia for pointing out a couple things. Now I had change it as to the best of my liking :D


Three weeks have passed by since the start of the fall of everything that mankind knows of. It is currently February 29. This year was a leap year so February has 29 days instead of the usual 28. However, it wasn't a good thing since the world had already gone completely batshit crazy.

The outside world was a complete disaster filled with danger and deaths in every corner.

The world has never stopped moving even when everything had completely gone Armageddon on every living thing in the world. Yes, every living thing. Plants. Animals. Human. Shit, the only thing that hasn’t changed was ‘stones’. Even water has changed. And Fire, too! For that matter!

How was water and fire changeable? Their colors and density, of course.

The changes in the outside was 100% visible. The air was misty with redness, and the temperature was above 120°F/48.88°C on average. Heatstroke was the last of humans's worries.

At night, the temperature would drop to below -10°F/-23.33 °C. All water froze, including the water in this building that hasn’t been stored within the Control Temperature room.

At midday, rain and hail would fall for 3 hours each day, for the past three weeks. The size of those hails was larger than an adult fist so going out was asking for death. Not even the zombies go out during the times that it rains. That's one good thing, at least. Since the sounds of falling hails and rains confused the zombies' sense of smells, hearing, and their abilities to find living humans. Although, he doesn't know how long this rain and hails will last.

Kohinatsu didn’t know how or why the Blue Mist had turned into Red Mist in the three weeks that the earth changed, but he does know that humans were no longer the pinnacle of the food chain anymore. No, not in this world anymore; humans aren't.

Kohinatsu had already made his way back to his home from his parent's house, much to his mother's worries. 

He found out that nearly 80% of all the humans that lived between the area from his parent's house to his house(condo apartment) had completely Turned. He turned his home into energy storage units because he can't live inside it anymore due to the heat and the coldness at midday and night.

On his way, he had seen Tokyo completely collapsed with fires and bloody bodies everywhere. The smells of rotten corpses, burned buildings, cars colliding with gas being spilled created a complete atmosphere of a war-torn and apocalyptic setting. The collapse of society itself has never seemed grimmer.

The world really was ending.

Something in the air has caused all cars, electricity, and electromagnetic to stop working. So now, any lights that Kohinatsu can use are all from natural lights and battery-powered power since he doesn’t have any solar energy panel installed yet.

The former prosperous Tokyo was now a complete dead-world. No one was outside walking anymore. Only the undead walked outside now. Hell, even the zombies would go inside instinctively when it rains.

The government had moved fast enough to secure places for citizens to hide but they weren’t fast enough to secure enough resources for everyone. Not enough humans were willing to go out to gather more resources.

As a result, countless people are experiencing hunger and thirst in the past three weeks. Those who were still living in their own houses were okay, but this situation won’t last long at all.

Yet, they are still rescuing more and more people.

Luckily, from here, Kohinatsu can see that the building across from his building has survivors. And they had successfully been rescued just a couple of days ago.

The police came to get Kohinatsu too but he had refused to go. And since they can’t force him(not even with forces), they left 3 days of food and water here for him out of kindness. Such a humane group of public police-men. However... How long would that kindness of theirs last?

Today is the twenty-fourth day since the start of this... apocalypse. It has been three weeks and one day since then.

The building within a mile from here has already been evacuated since a while ago by both the Military forces and the Public Safety forces. So, this area was completely quiet. The only sounds that were heard from the winds and the roars of zombies stumbling on the streets.

Sometimes, there would be sounds coming from the trees and plants around this area during the rains and hails.

The sakura trees in the backyard have also started making crunching sounds once every other hour. I can see and hear it from where I am, I don’t need a microscope to see that the genes of plants are also changing.

The air was changing.

The world itself was either mutating or evolving.

The sun itself looks different due to the sky’s atmosphere. Hell, even the water that I had purified, multiple times, feels denser than normal.

Everything really was changing and mutating. Whether or not this was a good thing was still debatable. After all, countless human lives have already been lost to the dead and have become like them. The people who were rescued and the people who cannot be saved; there are countless lives that have been lost.

I don’t know what was going on with the world but I have been feeling the shaking of the earth quivering ever since earlier last week.

Using one of the drones that father had created, I planned on using it to investigate what's going on. The quivering of the earth was from the east where Tokyo Bay was located. But before that, I need to make some preparations.

First of all the drones that father gave me can only be used twice per day, with a maximum of 18 hours per day.

So that means that whatever it was that was going on outside, I have to have it exam within 18 hours.

18 Hours mean 2 ticks of energy. 2 ticks of energy mean that I would lose 12 units of blood. 12 units mean 7,350 mL of blood, more or less so based on calculation.

And that was not a small amount of blood. Especially when it is pure blood with no add-on or preservative.

Why do drones need blood as fuel? That would be because it is a Blood-Automate drone that father had created for the vampire clan in one of the worlds that the old man went to. This causes the drones to have sentinels and can be directly commanded using mind-link. So using blood was completely normal.

For the vampire.

But I’m not a damn vampire!

Drinking a large bottle of water along with plenty of sugar and a little bit of salt, I sat on the couch after I made sure that no zombies got into the apartment.

The doors to the apartment were locked with three extra layers of reinforced bullet-proof glass and a thin layer of tungsten reinforced steel sheet.

There was no one living in this apartment, aside from me so I didn’t worry that there might be someone here.

The residents that were living here had all turned into undead so I cleaned them up already. Which was why I’m the only person living here in this whole building.

This apartment belongs to me. I owned it. When I came back two weeks ago, everyone within this building had already zombified. Even children and newborns. Since this building doesn’t allow sizable pets, there shouldn’t be any pets here in the building.

But, when I came back two weeks ago, I found three zombie dogs and two zombie cats. Must’ve been the residential hiding them.

I killed the zombie dogs and zombie cats.

After checking around every unit, I found out that pets like fish don’t zombify at all if it was placed within a thick glass container. This means that the fish that my father had raised within the container in the family’s residence will not be zombified. This was good. In a lot of ways.

Moving on, after I killed every zombie and cleaned up the bodies afterward, I closed down this whole building.

So now, I am the only one living here. And I planned it to be this way for a long while. Forever, if I can help it.

Ah- again.

The whole building shakes slightly as if an earthquake was happening. Of course, it's not an earthquake. After all, I know what an earthquake feels like. I had experiences with earthquakes after all. And the earthquake was not this calm nor this stable.

Taking notes on the shaking with my right hand while my left arm was drawing blood into the drones, I can feel my brows twitch.

This is totally random. The first shakes of the day were early yesterday morning at 3:46 AM, then 5:32 AM, 8:26 AM, and then the rest of the time was scattered around randomly. This was the fourth time today that I can feel the shaking of the earth.

The shaking was light enough that no damage was done to buildings and the likes. However, it was hard enough to shake things that depend on dedicated balance to stand up. As a result, countless small objects had already fallen.

I sighed out loud with a groan. Why do my instincts tell me that whatever it was that’s happening? I can’t do a damn thing about it.

What’s with this feeling? Amazement? Conflict? Annoyance? What is it that I would be finding that caused me to be this comprehensive?

Do I really want to know? Arg, dammit, now I’m doubting myself! Okay, stop. Enough.

Checking the level of blood drawn, I can see that it is at 54%. So, 3-4 more hours of waiting and doing nothing but eat and drink enough water to replenish the blood that has been drawn. Still, breathing calmly would help the heart beat more rhythmically so I wasn’t actually doing nothing.

Breathe in, 3 seconds later, breathe out, 5 seconds later, breathe in, 3 seconds later breathe out.

I can feel my heart rate increasing by 3 beats more than before I started the breathing exercise. I don’t know if this method works for everyone else but for me and my father, this breathing exercise was a basic breathing exercise that works for me and my father.

Ahhh, doing this exercise is a little exhausting but it does increase the rate at which my blood regenerates and flows so I didn’t complain.

Three hours later, a beep indicates that the drones have enough blood to last for 18 hours maximum.

Another shake of the earth occurred right as I finished blood drawing. Sighs.

Really.

I stretch out as I clean everything up and make sure that there’s no blood on me. After all, on my way back from the family’s home, I saw multiple times what blood could do to the zombies.

Nothing good for the living, that’s for sure.

Five minutes later, after I made sure that all windows were closed and no electricity was on so that no noise was being made inside this building, I left through the door with my two Mystic Core Pistol, which came with a silencer of their own.

Checking the amount of ammo that I have, I frown.

Ah, there isn't enough ammo.

Even if I one-shot killed every zombie that comes my way, at most, I could only kill up to 5 million zombies.

That’s not even a tenth of the amount that I saw on my way back here. Afterall, the ammo that I used did not grow on trees.

Which means that I would have to save ammo for when I really need to use it.

In that case, I know exactly what kind of weapons I should use for now. Something that can be used multiple times and are easier to replenish.

A very Special Bow and Arrows.

In this case, the bow that I am going to use is the only bow that I have ever used.

Made with the same material as my two Mystic Core Pistol and a type of wood called Silverine Threshold wood, this bow draw weight of 180 lbs, draw length between 75 inches to 85 inches, 990 FPSm weighted at only 10 lbs, and can only be used by me.

Its name is called Igna. Yes. Igna. It is its name.

This bow was very special as father had made it with the Silverine Threshold Wood and the same material as my other weapons. However, what made Igna different was the fact that as a recurve bow, Igna had five bowstrings made from the hair of a god.

How did father get the hair of a god and where? I really don’t have a clue since his System always takes him to other worlds for his missions.

As for the arrows? It could be made from anything, really. As long as I put whatever ‘stick’ it was on the bow’s nocking points or the bowstring itself, then whatever the arrow is made out of would-be reinforced into something completely different.

For example, three years ago, during Military Training with my cousin at a largely uninhabited island with his teams of mercenaries.

I used a twig that could be found anywhere on that island and killed a large python snake. An ash-red color anaconda python that’s 36 meters in length and weighed more than 500kg, saving my cousin’s team member from death. That python was odd because its skin was as tough as tungsten and it has more than 5 spen pancreas, which caused everyone in the Military Training to shiver in fear of the supernatural. After that night that I had killed that large anaconda, we left that island. Later, my cousin told me that that island vanished, and they can’t find it again. As for the body of that snake, I think that the Government has it.

Since it was a Military Training regiment, of course, it is being controlled by the Government.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I don’t have to worry about arrows and ammo when it comes to using an Igna. Any sticks that are longer than 5 inches can be used as ammo for me. In fact, I bought so many wood products like dowel rods that I have no worries about not having ammo for a long time. And by then, I could just replenish it myself.

In fact, I could even use Pencils as ammo for my bow.

Aside from Igna, I also took 2 large steel mining pickaxe and an extra thick and long katana with me. My melee strengths are much better for fighting zombies so that I can save my ammo. As for the other weapons, I best use them only when I want to save my strengths.

Igna might sound like he is very heavy but with my strength, I have no problem drawing him. Drawing Igna will still cost me both stamina and endurance, but by that time, I would have killed more than 10 thousand zombies easily. Of course, unless, like every zombie novel that I had read, the zombies can mutate, evolve, or level up, then yeah, I would have to use both martial arts and my pistol.

What a great way to practice archery.

*Cough*Cough*

Anyway, making my way out of the building, I have to give thanks to my father again for developing the Spiritual Talisman in this world. Why? Why indeed. Just as I left the building behind, it completely vanished. All that’s left behind was an old park that has street graffiti drawing all over it. There’s even smeared blood and rotten corpses of a child zombie being left behind. The scene was realistic for the current age.

Everything that’s inside the building itself had completely vanished. I can’t even hear the sound of wind from the surrounding spots, much less senses anything from it. If not for my intuition and instincts that called this place home, I would have completely ignored this place.

Not even 10 seconds after I left the complex, the Zombie Slaying System made a small and quiet sound that sounded like the tweets of a bird.

*** 1st Active Mission ***
Mission's Name: 1st Priority
+Details: Master needs to finish some priorities for survival in the apocalypse. Please prepare yourself to learn how to live in this time of Apocalypse.

Primary Resources Gathering:
+Food x100kg and Clean Water x50gallons
+Kills 500 Class 12 Zombies
+Additional Resources: 5 types of Seeds of your chosen x100kg total, Wood resources of your chosen x50tons total, Metals Resources of your chosen x 50tons total
+Find materials for Solar Energy

+Rewards: Zombie Coins x 100, Analysis Catalog, Two Solar Panel from the year 2540(Alternative World).


What? Ah, that’s right. I have the Zombie Slaying System. I totally forgot.

... Okay. Finding food and clean water isn’t that hard.

Killing 500 zombies that are class 12? Ah- the normal zombies. So the system grades them based on grade. 12 is the lowest? So grade 1 is the highest? Or was it 0? I hope that there aren't any other grades aside from 12 through 1 or 0.

Find resources... This might be harder since the military just did a round run today. Especially Solar energy materials.

Normal stores are a no-no-no then. Department store? Which one is the nearest one to me? Ah- that one underground store. However, underground stores always have a lot of crowds regardless if it's weekend or weekday.

This means that when the apocalypse happened three days ago, chances are very high that no one survives. However, high chances don’t mean that it is 100% guaranteed.

Survivors huh... That might be really annoying. If the survivors are the kind that totally depends on me then that would be really annoying. If they are the type that can learn for themselves, then, in the long run, they will be a resource for humanity’s survival.

Ah- not good. Thinking about the people who might have survived the underground stores is not good for my heart and mind.

Still, in terms of dangers and payback, aside from places like store warehouses and military compounds like the police headquarters, the underground stores in Japan and large cities around the world are the best place for gathering resources.

What? There is a reason why underground stores make millions of whatever currency it was in whatever country, okay? The resources poured into each store every day was enough to feed a mid-sized town for a day. And no, this isn't an exaggeration. After all, this is Tokyo. One of the most populated metro-cities in the world. And the stores underground in Tokyo were all mid-end to high-end class.

My clothes were mostly from there too.

Okay, that’s it.

Decision made, I didn’t waste any more time as I made my way toward my 202X AMG GLRS 77-44 RSB. You know what? I wonder what nickname should I give my 202X AMG GLRS 77-44 RSB?

It looked like an SUV mixed with a Knight XV from Conquest Vehicles but in terms of space and variation, it has everything that a Unicat Expeditionary Vehicle has with much more. Everything that a Knight XV has and a Unicat has, this little-baby of mine have too and much more.

After the heavy modification that the company made, this baby of mine came with 150 Gallon of water containers, satellite communication devices, double wheels on each side, 4x 120-gallon gas tank plated with 12mm skid plates for protection, storage capacity enough for a whole family of 6, technical equipment such as electrical devices, water supply equipment, batteries, heating systems, and generator. It even has a small laundry machine that is powered by solar energy.

The frame of this baby of his was made with steel- tungsten reinforcement metal. The body unit construction was made with a thick plate of metal that made the battle tank’s armor look like paper sheets. The roof was reinforced with metal spikes and the sides of the car itself have been reinforced with side-way blade traps, dart traps, and electric shock traps.

The wheels of this baby were actually made with metal and reinforced with three layers of thick rubbers. So such things as a flat tire aren’t something that I would ever worry about.

The speeds and noises that this car made? Very light, actually. I don’t know what the company had done to this car and I really don’t care how they did it. But for sure, this car was worth more than what I paid for it.

Just as I opened the door to my little baby, which doesn’t look even little at all, a beep suddenly came into my mind.

Some kind of information suddenly flows into my mind in a split second. I didn’t stop to comprehend what information it was nor do I care about it. However, after a couple of seconds of careful thinking, I knew that I needed to acknowledge the information.

***Zombie Slaying System Contract Vehicle***
Model: Survival Vehicle Platform 202X AMG GLRS 77-44 RSB Form 1 (Can be updated up to 7 Forms)
+Configuration: Bedroom X2, Kitchen X1, BathroomX1, Living Area X1, Storage AreaX2, Power Storage AreaX4, Resources Storage AreaX4, Weapons and Ammo Storage Area X2.
+Weapons Configuration: Projectiles Turrets(Cannon, Minigun) Must use Ammo: 30mm Bullets, 32mm Bullets, 36.8mmX35.25mm Bullets, 15mmX28mm Bullets, 62.4mm Bullets, and 8.4mmX12mm Bullets. Precision Sniper Rifle (Cartridges:.308 Winchester/7.62x51mm NATO), Modified NATO Sniper Rifle (.308 Winchester/7.62x51mm NATO).
+Power/Energy: Gasoline, Electric, Solar Energy, Power Core, Zombie Core.
+Specific Details: Owned by Asari Kohinatsu, camouflage as an SUV, others cannot drive this vehicle aside from the owner.
+Quality’s Durability: 19,999/20,000. Please fix the auto-vehicle before the durability hits less than 10%.

Just as I finished reading the last line, I noticed right away that the outside appearance of my little baby changed into an SUV. A modified SUV but an SUV nonetheless.

So the system changed my little baby into a contract item, huh.

Opening up the weapons and ammo storage, a window shows me that there are currently 8 types of boxes of ammo for each weapon. Each box contains up to 5 Thousand rounds and costs 400 Zombies Coins. There are more than 100 boxes of ammunition.

What the fuck? Where do these ammunitions come from?

Hm? A note?

***Zombie Slaying System Notice***

A couple of certain powers had noticed you and had given you some ammunition for free.
Please entertain them by doing what you want to do.

...what the fuck is this?

Wait... Certain Powers? Do you mean Gods? Like those gods that father had contracts with? The Beings from the Higher Dimensions? Like that person's Father and himself?

Arg, my head hurts. What did I do to attract Higher Being’s attention?

It is because of the Martial Arts System and the Knowledge System?

... What is going on?

My brows keep twitching for some reason.

Ahhhh! Whatever! No use thinking about it!

My intuition and instincts tell me that someone important to me is among one of those higher beings, but the chances of me meeting them are not in this world.

So, for now, all I can do is do my thing.

Shaking my head, I started to turn my little baby on. Hmmm, you know what? A name just popped up in my mind just now.

Stigma. Stigma.

My little baby should be named Stigma from now on.

Ignia and Stigma.

There’s a reason why my father said that my naming is both profound and weird. Which was why he never let me name any of his weapons. In fact, he never lets me know what his weapons were called, oddly enough.

Well, anyway.

I found out that Stigma was very steady and swift when driving as if its weight was nothing at all. I couldn’t even hear the sound of Stigma moving, much less the sounds of the zombies outside.

Did I accidentally install sound-proof materials into Stigma? Because when I bought Stigma, the seller said that there is a thin layer of sound-proof materials but not enough to block out all sounds. It just added as the shock absorbed that will keep the sound inside the car in, not letting the outside hear it. However, you should still be able to hear the outside.

Nahhh. Which could only mean that the system did something to my Little Stigma.

Well, whatever.

I set off.

The outside sky was gloomy with red and purple color looking mist. The clouds were shrouded in a thick purple-blackish haze that looked very ominous. There was no sunlight to be found. It had rained while I was fueling the automated drones so I don't have to worry about hail and rain for the rest of today.

I can’t even see if the moon was still up there in the sky anymore.

I have lived in Japan my whole life, but that doesn’t mean that I know every street so I see no shame whatsoever as I used the GPS to make sure that the roads were really headed toward Tokyo Bay. Yes, the GPS works with Stigma's power.

Due to all the obstacles in the way, it took me 3 hours to get to the location. However, those obstacles were buildings. Not zombies and humans. Why? Because I was floating in mid-air. My Stigma was completely transparent and soundless so no zombie noticed me at all.

My eyes started to twitch as I looked at what the former Tokyo Bay looked like.

All of the private boats, the ships, and whatnot were all gone.

The Keihin Tohoku Train Line was completely gone. Fuck! Don’t even mention the train line! Even Chuo Bohatei and the Tokyo Gate Bridge were completely gone! All that I can see is a blank space filled with surging seawater.

Shit is Haneda Airport okay?!

Gone! Haneda Airport is completely gone!

Panic nearly struck me there for a second. That was dangerous.

Telling the drones to go scout from the sky, I continue to look over the clean-cut drop of land that completely erases what was known as Tokyo Bay’s waterline.

When the drones came back and showed me a picture of the current landscape from the sky, all that I could say was: “...”

Do you know what Tatsuya from “The Irregular at Magic High School” did to the ocean due to Material Burst in episode 26 of the anime? Scorched Halloween was it that day. Only in this case, it was smaller and more stable since there was no risk of a tsunami. And there were multiple holes all over Tokyo Bay and Chiba prefecture.

Yes, more than half of Chiba’s prefecture ground level had completely vanished due to those holes.

The water was completely blue with plenty of darkness mixed within. From the picture shown by the drones, this area of Tokyo and its neighbor was oddly quiet since there were no zombies in sight.

This was probably due to the aura found from the deep of Tokyo Bay. The aura from the depth of Tokyo Bay was really profound and solemn.

Even from here, I can feel it. This feeling of not knowing what is within the depth of Tokyo Bay and the fact that I can feel someone’s gaze on me from within.

It was a glaze that was filled with loneliness and solitude. There was no ill intent from the glaze whatsoever.

... I don’t know why but my intuition tells me to keep coming here once every two to three weeks...if possible.

I wonder why?

Well, for now. Let’s continue on with the quest.

Luckily, Ginza plaza was still intact. So the stores in Ginza plaza were still here.

The first store that I went into was the Matsuya Ginza.

I parked my little Stigma outside and turned it invisible before slowly and quietly making my way inside.

There’s a tea store inside Matsuya Ginza that my uncle owned.

And his tea was always something that I would welcome more often so I needed to go grab it before the survivors around here grabbed it. It has been only 3 weeks since the start of this nightmare, but there were only a couple of survivors left in this area.

The military government had already made a round around Tokyo but they haven’t come to Ginza yet. Why?

That would be because of the number of zombies that Ginza plaza has. Ginza Plaza was full of high-end stores and building areas so there are plenty of people who come to buy and shop here. As a result, nearly 99.99% of all those people had already turned into zombies.

Inside the Matsuya Ginza department store, the first floor had utterly chaotic scenes. Dead bodies were everywhere with plenty of zombies devouring it. Luckily, it has only been three weeks since the End of the World as We Know It and the weather was oddly stable with lower temperature so the smell wasn’t so bad.

Silently, I pulled out my bow and arrows and aimed toward a group of zombies on the ground that was eating the body of a pregnant woman. There were 7 of them so I have to be careful.

I carefully aimed at the heads of 7 zombies with 7 arrows notched onto my bow. I am not my father, who notched up to 12 arrows at a time easily. So I will have to be very concentrated as I aimed, otherwise, it won’t hit all targets.

Calming down the rate of my heartbeats, I let loose the arrows as it flies toward my targets without any sounds whatsoever. With a small air-like popping noise, all 7 heads of the zombie explode softly. The sounds was barely there but it still draws some zombies' attention.

I steadily ready the next arrow sets as a couple of zombies had their heads turned toward the sound. Hmm, they are very sensitive towards sounds, alright.

I continue to let loose all the arrows that I can as I killed more and more zombies on the way. I made my way down to the B1 Floor of the Matsuya Ginza building as I continued to kill any zombies that are in my way.

Whenever a zombie got too close to me, I would use my Katana and pickaxes to smashed and picked up zombies' heads instead of my bow and arrows.

30 minutes later, floor B1 was completely cleared of zombies. The only reason why I had this much easy of a time killing the zombies was due to the fact that the zombies were still very stiff and slow at their current stage.

Their necks and mouths were the only parts that were easily moving. At the current time, their joints were very stiff but as time goes on, those joints would loosen up more and more and before you know it, Class 12 Zombies would turn or evolve into Class 11, then from Class 11, it would evolve into Class 10.

I don’t know how long or how much time was needed for a zombie to evolve and what condition. So right now, I will kill as many zombies as I can. One zombie killed is one zombie less to worry about.

After triple checking that every zombie is dead and won’t come back on this floor, I went straight ahead to Fukujuen. This is one of the stores that I frequent. The tea in plastic air-tight backs was still on the display shelves.

I didn’t waste time as I had the drones collect everything while I went to the back storage room and also grabbed everything there.

Next, I and the drones went to Itoen Tea Garden and also grabbed all the classifying tea leaves from there too before going through the rest of the shop and grabbed all that I could. B1 Floor of Matsuya Ginza has a variety of shops, so by the time that I and the drones were done, more than 4 hours had passed by already and the sky was darkening into the late evening.

By the time that I went down to the Second Basement Floor and killed every zombie down there, night had already descended upon the human world.

I have a feeling that doing night activity was not a good idea so I rushingly grabbed everything that I could. Excluding the meats that were contaminated by the zombies, I grabbed everything that I could possibly do before going to the first floor and did the same thing.

By the time that I cleared Matsuya Ginza from B2 to 8F, morning had already arrived.

Outside, the roar and stumbling sounds of zombies were getting louder and louder. It seems like a small horde of zombies was passing by.

I step outside quietly as the last zombie from the horde vanishes toward the Tokyo Building Tokia. Checking the surroundings, I noticed that every zombie within 500 meters from here was gone. Where and why are they heading toward the Tokyo Building Tokia for?

Whatever it was, I wasn’t planning on finding out. Stepping out of Matsuya Ginza, I made my way toward the surrounding stores vigilantly. In this corner of the street, there’s a couple of Jewelry Stores so I also went there to collect everything possible. And yes, I also went to the cosmetics store next to Matsuya Ginza too. In fact, all of the stores in Azuma Street(dori) and Matsuya Dori within a 1000 meters distance from Matsuya Ginza were picked clean by me.

Including the MUFG Bank Ginza Branch.

Yes. The Bank.

... Wait a minute. Am I forgetting something?

... The Underground Mall!!! Shit! The zombie horde was making its way toward the Tokyo Building Tokia but that’s not it!

Shit!

The horde was going toward the underground mall!

12