Arc One- Chapter 4
204 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc One- Chapter 4


This chapter is still in the process of being editing and proofreading. There are a lot of grammars and errors. Please be cautious.



Coming back to my apartment was both a relief and yet a reluctance. Relief that I don't have to smell the rotten scents of zombies rotten fleshes and yet reluctant since that would mean fewer zombies coins for me to play with. The thing about killing zombies was that I don't have to feel any moral guiltiness since they aren't human anymore. Not to mention, the zombies' coins that I will earn from killing them. Alongside with training my abilities and skills, of course.

The apartment complex that I owned was still being sealed with the talisman shield. First of all, I have to unseal the door so I can go in.

Sealing the building took some energy and a complex code made from my own ki- very similar to a signature in nature. But, unsealing the building cost more energy since I am only unsealing a small part of it.

As a result, in three minutes, a hole appeared showing the modified building’s door.

I stepped inside and closed the opening. I didn’t go inside the building straight away. Instead, I checked the talismans surrounding the building and made sure that it would last.

Hmm? Worried about rain and hails? Ah- these talismans are water-proof and protected against anything that is liquid and fire-based so there was no worry. So, even if the hail and rain came down on earth again tomorrow, those seals and talismans will be completely dry.

To reinforce the Talismans, all I needed was a couple of drops of my blood and a small amount of ki. Which, admittedly, was slightly weird out because instead of ki, sometimes if I don’t concentrate, mana would come out instead. It’s a pain in the ass when that happens because I will have to redo everything from the beginning.

After reinforcing the Talisman with my blood and ki, I went back inside the building.

The first floor of this building was completely clean. There was nothing down here.

The second floor has been turned into a landmine for both zombies and humans. It was full of traps of all kinds. The windows on the first and second floors were completely reinforced with metal reinforced steel bars from both outside and inside. The window itself was made out of graphene-Dyneema fibrotic glasses that my father had created.

I don't know how that was possible. All I know was that this type of graphene-Dyneema fibrotic glasses was very flexible and yet stronger than even metallic glasses or bulletproof glass. Fuck, it can even withstand more than a thousand punches from me at full strength.

The only thing that I have to be careful of when using these graphene-Dyneema fibrotic glasses was the electrical conductor. If it was only graphene being a layer on top of glasses then I won't have to worry about electricity discharge. However, because my father had used Dyneema fibrotic strings to create the glasses with graphene, and this causes the electric charge conductor within the glass itself to be very... chaotic. So, I have to have a thin layer of wood or plastic sheet covering the whole building.

My building was built as a kind of high rise condo. There are three buildings side by side with parking lots between these buildings. These three buildings were built between a large and small street with plenty of land for tree planting and parking lots.

The one that I am staying in as my home was the highest building with a penthouse on top. Between my building and the other two, there’s a distance of more than 10 yards and a parking lot.

And no, I am not staying in the penthouse. That’s just asking for trouble. Why? Because of flying creatures and sunlight radiation. I mean, why the fuck would I stay in a penthouse when there’s going to be Flying mutated birds of all kinds, hails, high temperature, and cold temperature to worry about?

Truth, the flying mutated birds that I am talking about haven't shown up yet but they would soon. And this isn't just me being superstitious. This is me taking precaution base on my father's experiences.

Father had already gone through more than 50 worlds that had experiences with Wars and Apocalyptic times like now, so his notes and experiences were even more trustworthy than anything else. So, now I'm taking precaution toward the future.

According to Father's notes and the Analysis Catalog from the System, the winter season is going to be really, very, harsh. Snows will be the last of my worries because I have to worry about heating, water, food, snow-zombies, snow mutated plants, and flying variant zombies before I could even worry about the snow itself.

As for what I am going to do with the penthouse? I have plans for them.

Instead of living in the penthouse, I'm turning the penthouse into storage for energy and water purifying areas. So, I installed a lot of water purifiers and batteries inside the penthouse while installing solar panels on the roof next to the gardens.

First of all, the roof already has a large area of gardening that I had planted from before. However, after being out in the open for the past 4 days, I had already noticed that some of those plants had mutated already. Although the majority of the plants have already gone bye-bye on me due to the extreme cold and hot weather in the past 3 weeks, there are still a couple of plants that survived the hot and extremely cold weather. I think that the seeds from those plants might be able to survive during this apocalyptic time.

I took out the plants that had turned weird-looking and burned them all to ashes. Leaving only the ones that still look normal. Next, I secured the surrounding area of the gardens with plastic sheets and pipes, turning the whole area into a greenhouse with a thick plastic sheet roofing over it. This was to minimize the radiation from the sunlight.

For now, that’s all that I can do. Why? Because this was just the start of the apocalypse. And planting new plants right now was just asking for a waste of effort and resources. I planned on waiting for 2 more weeks before the atmosphere stabilized. So even if I cultivated my seeds, I wouldn’t have to worry about sudden mutation and zombified plants. Because by then, any plants that should be mutated has already mutated, any plants that will be zombified would have already done so.

Currently, the zombies are still weak, slow, stiff and cannot open doors or climb upstairs, much less jump.

However, as time goes on, they will only get stronger and stronger. This is why I am going to use this chance to get rid of all the zombies that I can while they are still weak. At least within a certain distance from my block.

That is my current plan.

Still, right now, I am going to see what my quest completion gave me.

*** 1st Active Mission ***
Mission's Name: 1st Priority
+Details: Master needs to finish some priorities for survival in the apocalypse. Please prepare yourself to learn how to live in this time of Apocalypse.

Primary Resources Gathering:
+Food x100kg and Clean Water x50 gallons [Complete]
+Kills 500 Class 12 Zombies [Complete]
+Additional Resources: 5 types of Seeds of your chosen x100kg total [Complete], Wood resources of your chosen x50tons total [Complete], Metals Resources of your chosen x 50tons total[Complete]
+Find materials for Solar Energy [Complete]

+Rewards: Zombie Coins x 100, Analysis Catalog, Two Solar Panel from the year 2540(Alternative World).

[Thank you for your hard work, Master.]

[2nd Active Mission will be active in 26 hours]

The zombie Slaying system beeps out.

Below was a notification from the other systems.

1st Active Mission
System: Idle’s System
Please create a Workshop Laboratory for your magus workshop and research center.
Rewards: Material List for Transmutation and Alchemy
Chain Quest: The Study of Alchemy and Transmutation due to the Reality Field of Bounded Space.

1st Active Mission
System: The Knowledge System
Please gain knowledge of how the lives in your world have changed and organize the benefits/detriments it has.
Humans(10/100)
Plants (10/100)
Animals (10/100)
Rewards: Anti-Radiation Pills, Books of Knowledge, Comprehension Pill X10

1st Active Mission
System: The Martial Arts System
Please train yourself
Run 50km/day
5000 Push-ups/day
1000 Set-ups/day
Punch 500 Zombies to death without using Ki X100
Dodges 100 Flying Bullets from the Flying Guns
Rewards: +15 All Stats, 5 Mana Potion, Antidotes(10) for Grade 12 to Grade 10 Zombie Inflections.

1St Active Mission
System: The Farming System
Please activates your Farming Bound Space and;
Plants 10- Apple Trees
Plants 10- Pear Trees
Plants 10- Peach Trees
Plants 10-Grapes Vines
Plants 10- Lime Trees
Plants 10- Lemon Trees
Plants 10- Berry Brushes
Rewards: Corn Seeds (10 bags), Radish Seeds(10 bags), Carrot Seeds (10 bags), Star Beans Seeds(1 bag),

It seems like after the Zombie Slaying first quest got done, all the other Systems had also woke up.

Still... There’s no deadline?

In that case, I really wanted to do the martial arts system’s quest first. But... My instinct is telling me to do farming one first.

... why?!

But I want to do the martial arts quest!

And besides, I already have a lot of resources in my Inventory, why would I need to plant fruit trees?

... These feelings...

Ah! Fine. I will do it.

Just, not now. I want to take a shower and a bath first. And sleep.

I need my sleep first.

-----

The next morning, I wake up at 4 am sharp due to my biological clock being so fucked up now that I don't play games anymore.

The first thing that I noticed was my own body. It changes.

Currently, it is on the first of March. And it has been exactly 20 days since the apocalypse started.

Today, the first wave of ability users will awake to find out that their body has changed. These changes also include me.

I close my eyes and sense that now, I have all sorts of magical abilities. I follow my intuition as I flicked my fingers and a small fireball appeared out of nowhere. I narrowed my eyes as I look at the small puffball of fire. It's hot. Very hot. Then I flicked my fingers again and it turned into a ball of water. I blinked in surprise.

Dual Ability? No, I have this feeling that there's another ability that I haven't got to yet.

For the next three hours, I found out that I have all sorts of abilities and it wasn't just Fire and Water ability.

Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Wood, Thunder, Metal, Sounds, Mental Force, and Space ability.

I have all 10 abilities. This might not be good since being a Jack of All Trade Master of None was not good during this time period. I don't have enough time to train all my magical abilities...

However, I know that I will have to do so in some way or another.

Before I could do anything else with these abilities of mine, my head starts to ache with a deep buzzing in my mind.

Okay, okay! Fine! I will start the farming quest! Stop buzzing in my head, you damn intuition! For now, I will put away the thoughts of what these abilities can do.

I know that I trusted my intuition and instinct more than my reasoning but sometimes, like a lot of times, really, my intuition conflicts with what my heart wants.

1st Active Mission
System: The Farming System
Please activates your Farming Bound Space and;
Plants 10- Apple Trees
Plants 10- Pear Trees
Plants 10- Peach Trees
Plants 10-Grapes Vines
Plants 10- Lime Trees
Plants 10- Lemon Trees
Plants 10- Berry Brushes
Rewards: Corn Seeds (10 bags), Radish Seeds(10 bags), Carrot Seeds (10 bags), Star Beans Seeds(1 bag)

Huh, 10 of each tree, and it has to be cultivated inside the farming bound space.

The Farming Bound Space... How do I go in again? Ahhh- I’m here, already. So, I just have to think about it and it happens?

Wow!!! This space is completely surreal!

The whole space was completely flat with four mountains in the background that I can see from here. There were fields all around, broken up only by four steam/river at the bottom of those mountains, forming into a lake in the middle of the space. The sensation of something flowing into the pond in the middle cause me to blink my eyes with a somewhat confused feeling. Water sensing? I can sense the water flowing in here?

Surrounding the fields were some odd-looking trees. These trees were odd, I can’t tell their species nor their looks from where I was standing by. I can senses that these trees are very lively. Is this because of the wood ability that I now have?

The air was fresh and oddly enough, I can feel that the qi and mana here was oddly corporate into a harmonious aura. Just one breath and I can feel my whole body relaxed and my mind cleared. Is this what Pana Energy was supposed to feel and taste like? Because this was not just Qi in the air.

Hmm? Holy! There was even the smell of sea salt? Don’t tell me that this space has an ocean of its own! No, this might be an island!

Hmm? Odd, what’s this sensation?

This really weird sensation? It’s like the space in front of me doesn’t have direction and gravity at all. Odd... I can't tell which direction is North, South, East, or West. There's no sun in the sky for me to tell such a thing.

Wait a second...

No way... This sensation was similar to that sensation from that time when that hand in the sky and that weird-ass ship battled. Don’t tell me that this space has some kind of connection to those two weirdos?

Ahhhh... Did I just jinx myself?

Forget it. There’s no use thinking about such things right now. There’s no point. Let’s just do the quest and be done with it so I can start the martial arts quest.

So, ten plants of each fruit type, huh.

Where should I start? I guess the borders of the farm fields were a good place? Or should I do it like fields of fruit orchards?

Hmm, fruit orchard it is. Easier to organize this way. And I have this odd feeling that I will need to plants more of these fruit trees later on the road. So, making fruit orchard fields it is.

Finding the seeds and getting it to sprout was easy since I already have them. However, getting the sprouts to successfully grow was a pain in the ass, I found out. Sensing the strength, vitality, and consciousness of these sprouts was very taxing on my mind.

I have to repeatedly sprout the seeds into seedlings a couple of times before I could even successfully grow the damn trees. This might be because my Wood Ability was just at level 1 right now. Thus, it is harder for me to make sense of and understand these plants.

This method of sprouting seeds into seedlings was by using Spiritual Qi and then Mana. During this time, I notice that if I use my Wood Ability with Spiritual Qi/Ki and Mana together, the chances of success are higher. However, doing so was very taxing on the mind. So, the speeds that each seed sprout was slightly longer than how I like it to be.

Afterward, I have to use both equal amounts of Spiritual Qi and Mana at the same time to grow the sprouting seedling up high enough to sustain itself. This took a long time because I have to stabilized the sprouts with my Spiritual Qi/Ki and Mana at the same time. One mistake and the sprout will die. However, once the sprout stabilized itself, then I can let it go on naturally.

After that, the plants will grow and take care of themselves. All I needed to do was make sure that the waters from the rivers are clean and the earth is still dark with nutrition.

By the time that I properly learned how to grow the sprout into small young trees, more than a hundred of such tree seedlings had already been lost and my Wood Ability was already level 5. It was a good thing that I have enough seeds to waste like this. Otherwise, I would never be able to finish this quest properly.

By then, I have no clue how many weeks have passed by already since I lost track of time. After all, I have to really concentrate when seedling the seeds to sprout using my own mana and spiritual qi, so I haven’t got a clue as to how long I was inside my Farm Space.

When I came out from the Farm Space, I found out that 3 weeks have already passed by.

And looking outside, it seems like more than one zombie had already gained the ability to run and jump. I have no clue how many people had starved to death and how many people had turned into zombies during the times that I was inside the Farm Space. However, judging by the lack of people out in the street and the lack of sounds from the surrounding, I reckon that the weather was getting more and more unpredictable and dangerous.

It should be about time for the weather to stabilize enough for there to be good enough consistent data to rely on.

Hmm, seems like the zombies aren’t able to sense me yet.

But just in case, I went and checked the talisman and reinforced it with spiritual qi again. When I came back up, the first thing that happened was the grumbling of my stomach.

Ahhh. I was so focused on finishing the quest inside the Farm Space that I didn’t eat anything yet.

How was that possible? I was inside the Farming Space for a whole 3 weeks and yet, I didn’t starve to death or go into hydration.

Well, the Farming Space must’ve done something to my body. Thus, I didn’t feel hunger or thirst when I was inside the space.

But now that I am back outside, my stomach was demanding food. So, let’s make something to eat.

What should I eat? Ah, I’m too damn tired to make anything hard so let’s make something easy instead.

Instant noodles? Nah. I should save those for when I really want to. Ramen? Hmmm. I feel like having meat but I also want some noodles.

Ah. Spaghetti Neapolitan! With lots of meat!

Let’s see. Where did I put the meat again? Oh, there’s some in the freezer. Hmm?

Wagyu beef? Hmmm, it seems like my dinner tonight will be very high-class. Even though it's the apocalypse. But then again, it's best to eat the wagyu beef while it's still fresh since I don’t know when the electricity will run out and I will have to bring out the generator for this room. After all, it has been 3 weeks since I last checked the backup - electricity’s battery.

Hmmm, where did I put the spaghetti? Let’s check the cabinet first.

Hmm, it's not here. Then, it’s it in the large cabinet?

Ah, found it.

Let’s cook. The wagyu beef needs to be cut into small cubes size for best taste and then the vegetables, too.

In 20 minutes or so, a plate of wagyu beef spaghetti Neapolitan is in front of me.

I put the pan in the sink and washed it first before I ate my food.

Hmmm, that’s good enough.

Okay, now what? For the farming mission, I have to wait for the fruit trees to mature enough to bear fruit. And that would take about another 4 days on the outside.

So for now, can I start the martial art mission yet?

No??? Why not, Intuition?!

Ah?! The Knowledge Mission?

1St Active Mission 
System: The Knowledge System
Please gain knowledge of how the lives in your world have changed and organize the benefits/detriments does it have.
Humans(10/100)
Plants (29/100)
Animals (10/100)
Rewards: Anti-Radiation Pills, Books of Knowledge, Comprehension Pill X10

...Oh, the anti-radiation pills.

I see.

Hmm? When did the plants change from 10/100 to 29/100? Ahhh, because I understand the plants inside my farm space. I see. I see.

So, any understanding of plants works. In that case, I need to confirm some ideas and suspicions that I had with the Sakura trees outside.

I went outside and did a complete round around the neighborhood first and killed any zombies that I found. I found that the zombies were now much faster; they would sprint for a short amount of time, jump about half the distance that humans could, and they could even think slightly now.

Not to mention, their strengths were also getting stronger. Their nails, for one thing, are now pitch black, long, and if my intuition was right, very poisonous.

The chances of being infected by sketches are very high. I suspected that it was as high as 90%. The 10% left are for the poor fools and unluckily fellows who didn’t turn into zombies but rather turned into mutated beings instead.

Mutated Being- they’re anthropologists. They’re still pretty much human and not one of the walking dead outside, but their thinking and habits are pretty much alike to a cannibal. Luckily, they aren’t like ‘Tokyo Ghoul’.

How do I know this? Well, the answer’s right in front of me right now. Although, if my suspicion is right, this boy here still has his morals. Since, he’s starving himself by not eating human flesh but rather, plants. Mutated plants.

“I was scratched by a zombie 2 weeks and 4 days ago. And since then, I found myself smelling the scents of humans being something close to delicious. I nearly ate my mom!” He cried as he hugged his legs to himself.

This boy was a small, brunette, had large warm brown eyes, and hair that seemed to defy gravity.

He’s very skirmished around people and zombies alike. He’s always jumping at the oddest sounds, presence, and pretty much paranoids of everything. However, his intuition was very strong, too. Not as much as mine, but strong enough to help him survive all this time in this current madness.

Yet, there’s this odd sensation of something muffing the boy’s inner strength.

My mind flashed to that witch that erased my former college of the earth’s knowledge. Ahhh---

I opened the Martial Arts System’s shop and went to where the antidote was. It cost 20 Zombie coins each. But I have 3800 zombie coins from completing the first mission from the Idle’s System and from killing the zombies so far. Thus, buying one extra antidote for this boy was not that much of a problem for me.

I handed him the antidote.

Right now, we’re in the basement of a large market west of Old Tokyo. Within 2km of us, there are no zombies or humans at all. So, without hesitation, the boy, who’s named I never got and doesn’t want to get, drinks the antidote without any pause whatsoever.

Three seconds later, the boy’s eyes flashed golden amber, and oh--- now I know why I feel that this boy was oddly familiar.

He’s from the Skyline Family that Father had told me about. The one that was connected to a Sky God from one of the Higher Plane of Realm.

Hmmm... I have this feeling that my father might want to meet this boy. And that the higher being who was watching me was very thankful that I had helped this boy. This boy is very important. His life, fate, and future highly tightly ties with this world's fate. Unlike me who's fate was tied to Him and that Thing inside the World's Core, this boy's fate was tied to the Future of this World.

“Go here with this letter,” I said as I handed the boy a letter. Although, before going there, there’s something else that he needs to worry about.

Sigh.

“Before that....” We need to get you some clothes first because damn it, you are completely naked.

“EH? Ieeeeh??!!!”

3 minutes later, I have to use some of the special clothes that my father made to create some clothes for the boy, whose name was now known. Why? Because he’s body temperature keeps burning the normal clothes that normal humans wear.

“Haganezuka Tsunayoshi, drop three drops of your blood onto these fabrics,” I told the boy, who was now known. He didn’t ask me why and I didn’t tell him why either. I just proceeded to use the now blood bond fabrics and made 5 pairs of clothing for the boy, along with 4 pairs of gloves and shoes.

While I was crafting the clothes for him, the boy himself was checking over his body. Now, he doesn’t feel like eating human meat anymore. Much to his happiness.

I then gave him a cellphone that only he could use and see, before helping him learn how to drive a car and sent him to my father. Well, of course, after we went to pick up his mother first, that is.

Honestly, that boy’s a trouble magnet. But compared to me, his path was not as a loner. Because for that boy, whose strength came from protecting others, the more people who he considered His, the stronger he gets. He’s completely the opposite of me.

The more people closer to me, the weaker I am. No, I mean this really literally.

Because, goddamnit, even if I didn’t do anything, my strength would still leave me and slowly made the people who I consider Important to Me, like my family members, stronger. That’s why I have to leave my family.

Grandpa was the first one to notice the abnormality within the situation when he found out that he was actually getting stronger. Even though grandpa was already 135 years old this year. That’s right, he was already 135 years old this year, and yet he looks like he was in his 50s.

That’s why I have to leave. I was already starting to affect my mother, who now can punch a wall of metal into oblivion. Of course, the cost of getting my Important People stronger was getting weaker myself.

And as I get weaker, my body, spirit, and mentality compensate by getting my senses higher and higher. That’s why I was able to read, sense, and get overwhelmed by Father’s presence.

Thus, the situation of me living alone.

I watched as Haganezuka left with a sigh after he picked up his mother. The woman who I can remember to be a witch. A very powerful witch, too.

She had looked at me with shocked eyes and trembled lips. She wanted to say something but instead, her eyes sadden and she bows at me before leaving with her son.

... This woman was a very powerful witch. For her to be able to tell that I am not normal with only one meeting was... once again, she’s very strong. But, she wasn’t strong enough to heal her son of that seal. That bow was both as thanks and a sorry from her for her inability to do anything for me.

The antidote works on his body. The antidote was strong enough to heal the boy’s body of the seal. So now, Hagenezuka will be completely immune to the zombies' infection from now on. However, the powers that would come to those who survived the inflection will never awaken for him. Now, his abilities are more of Bloodline Abilities that got extra boosted by me.

... That might not be a good idea since according to my father, the Sky Bloodline was very powerful. But for who? Not I and my family members, that’s for sure.

But then again, who am I to say such a thing. Due to the four systems, I now have multiple abilities that are far stronger than the abilities that normal people could get from surviving the inflection. After all, all these abilities of mine were all from the slightly Mutated and Variant with very powerful effects branches of Magic and Spiritual Abilities.

I left after the mother and son had gone outside the range of my sensing and continued on with my mission.

Three days, three rain hails, three freezing temperature nights, and three thousand zombies dying later, I am nearly done with the mission from the Knowledge System. These three days were used to test, learns, and get to know the four elemental abilities that I have and to understand how this world has changed.

Zombies and non-zombies alike have now changed toward a direction that will define mankind and the animal's future. There are five other abilities that I had found that aren't the same as my abilities. Some humans had also gained these abilities asides from the ones that I had; Speeds, extra strength, sensing ability, keen intuition, memories, and knowledge that had nothing to do with learning.

These five newly found abilities are different from my 10 abilities. I found out that about 25% of humans have awakened these abilities and only 2% awakened the other abilities like mine.

To my shock, it was very easy for me to understand that these abilities of mine aren't just purely spiritual wise but was also magically. This was because I had checked the people who had gained those none-elemental abilities and found out that they don't have a lot of qi/ki/chi. They have more mana instead. So, I gathered that to have those 10 abilities of mine, the human body must have a lot of qi/chi/ki first and has to awaken an equally great amount of mana to fully be able to have those abilities.

The Fire Ability's temperature was now high enough to instantly turned a zombie into ash within five seconds. The Water Ability was now able to pull up any moisture from within the zombies' bodies and cause their bones to crack with fragility. Thus, those zombies that have speed or strength ability can't do shit even with their ability. Why? The answer was the cause of my Water Ability. Once all the water within the zombies were extracted, their bones turned very fragile and weak. So, for the speed zombies, when they ran, those old bones of theirs cracked and completely collapsed. Same for the Strength Zombie's attack.

The Earth Magic has a variety of ways that I had learned to play with. Mainly, I use it to make traps for the normal zombies by creating holes and stone-steel-sharp spikes for them at the bottom and side. Asides from using Earth Magic to trap zombies, I also learned how to make use of Earth's Ability to manipulate gravity for a certain time. This has certain effects; my speed, lightness when I drive Stigma, and the masses of those brain-death zombies.

The Wind Ability was slightly troublesome. I can use it to search for living and non-living beings. I could also create Wind Blades, Tornado in various sizes and strengths, create airs of various concentrations, and hell even created an area completely airlessly. The only problem I found when using winds was that if I wasn't careful enough, the smells of the zombie's blood and gores would stink me to death.

I trained these four elemental abilities to level 3 all the while continuing on with my mission.

1St Active Mission  
System: The Knowledge System
Please gain knowledge of how the lives in your world have changed and organize the benefits/detriments does it have.
Humans(90/100)
Plants (100/100)
Animals (100/100)
Rewards: Anti-Radiation Pills, Books of Knowledge, Comprehension Pill X10

The only thing that’s left was to confirm my understanding of the current humans’ status.

There’s just something about me that just can’t 100% understand humans. Even though I am one, too.

Maybe the fact that I tense to remember the facts that my Fiancée was not human and was still currently being sealed deep within this world’s core? Or the fact that I do love that man? Or the fact that I even have the spines to have sentiments toward someone like him?

Ahhhh. I missed him. So far in this life, he was the only man who could see my Systems. Aside from Father, he is the only one that can fight with me without dying. So, admittedly, my connection with him is based on fighting and then snuggling with him.

So far, I have been with him for thirteen years in this life but even then, he is so important to me that it cost my strengths to weaken that much faster.

That’s why he begs my father to seal him. Because he knew that if he stays close by, then I will die.

I refused. Of course, I did. But when he threatened to end his Immortal life just so that I won’t die? Yeah, I let my father seal him away. That was the only answer.

This was why I didn’t complain much when the other systems activate. Those systems will make me stronger. And the stronger I am, the more that seals will weaken. And I have to be strong enough to do that when that seal vanishes, or else I can’t be with him without dying.

Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I went to the largest bookstores that Tokyo and its surrounding has, especially in Shinjuku City. Of course, I also didn’t forget to clear all the zombies out first. Then, I took everything in there. Especially books like medical and human knowledge. No, sorry, make that manga and video games.

The Knowledge System was very happy with what I have gathered since it keeps beeping with clear and happy chirpy tones. Especially when I got to Shibuya and then Ikebukuro and Shinjuku. I hit all the bookstores on the map and got gods knows how many millions of manga. BL manga, novels, and video games.

Once that’s done, I also go to the public and private libraries that I know of. My intuition keeps twitching inside my mind and my instinct keeps buzzing, causing my head to ache very badly for the past three days. So, I need to see if there might be any survivors that the military forces haven't rescued yet in those places.

I thought that the cause of my ringing intuition was Hagenazuka but even after helping him, my intuition still rings unstop for the past three days. I am seriously having a headache right now. It was to the point that I am tempted to use migraine meds. The meds that the Systems’ stores sold. Not the normal ones that I had.

Currently, I am in Minamiazabu in Minato City, Tokyo. Inside Arisugawa no Miya Memorial Park where the Tokyo Metropolitan Library is located. I am here especially for the 5th floor where the special collection room and research room are located. I have a feeling that I needed to go to the Nursing room next to the cafeteria and the stairs.

So, I went around the whole block and cleared off all the zombies there before clearing the zombies inside the library, too. I swore that my presence seems to cause them to gravitate toward this area and my area more and more nowadays. But that’s a good thing since I get to practice archery on them, I guess.

But then again, there’s a reason why living with me is dangerous. Fate seems to love me as much as they loved to prank me, so that’s saying something.

I found out the reason why my intuition was ringing not five minutes later inside the nursing room with a barred metal windows fence and doors. Odd, why is a library room for nursing this barred off? This is very tightly barred off. Either to defend the person inside the nursing room or to defend the people outside... But... These metal bars look new?

Still, I need to go in so I took out my katana and cut the metal bars off with one swing. Once that’s done, I removed the cut bars into one of my spaces and went inside with a beating heart.

I froze on my step as I saw who actually was inside the room.

A teenager who looked to be thirteen or so looked up at me from the floor.

The boy looked at me and his eyes flashed bright red with something akin to the excitement and wanted inside his eyes before he jumped from the floor with a speedy movement that was completely unseeable, and before I could even do anything, he had me on the ground with him already.

I feel something warm and tense on my lips sucking on it. His lips were already sucking on mine with an intensity that caused my lips’ blood to bleed.

Tears stung my eyes.

Bump. Bump. Bump.

Oh god.

Oh god.

Oh god.

This is not my imagination, right?

Bump. Bump. Bump.

I blinked. Blinked. And blinked again but the person on top of me still hasn’t disappeared.

Bump. Bump. Bump.

My vision blurs.

“Don’t cry, Kohinatsu. Please don’t cry, I beg you.” The boy wipes the tears away from my eyes but I didn’t really feel it since all my senses were trying to make sure that what I’m seeing right now wasn’t an illusion.

“Kona, baby, please don’t cry, please.” The boy begs softly but the more he talks the more my vision blurred.

Small kisses were placed all over my face as my tears were wiped clean.

“Come on, Kou-chan, please don’t cry?” He continues to wipe away the tears but my vision still keeps blurring. The weight on top of me was still there. The boy’s eyes were flashing red. There was a long and sharp vampire-like fang on his mouth, and his breathing smelled like blood. I could feel all my senses concentrating on this teenage boy.

“Souma, am I dreaming?” I asked the red-eyed boy on top of me. Tears still caused my vision to blurred again even when he just wiped it off. Damn it, when was the last time that I cried this much. Oh right, it was when he had asked Father to seal him off after he had completely frozen me with his powers. I couldn’t do anything as my tears blurred my vision at that time too. I was too weak then. I couldn’t even stop him from freezing me in the spot.

“Baby, Kona, baby, Kou-chan, I am here. You aren’t dreaming. It's just that my current body is only capable of holding onto my soul for another 3 months before I have to go back to the seal.” The boy, a teenager really, kisses my face again and again as his eyes flash red and his fang nips my lips with a tenderness that no one else has ever done.

My relief at that answer caused my whole body to relax as I kissed him back with just as much passion, tenderness, and all the emotions that I had been feeling ever since he was sealed and left my side.

Tears continued to drop from my eyes but I completely ignored it in favor of kissing him deeper and deeper with all my being.

Here comes the ML and a little background information.

 

8