Arc One- Chapter 5
216 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc One- Chapter 5


This chapter is still in the process of being editing and proofreading. There are a lot of grammars and errors. Please be cautious.


Souma. Souma Sengin. My fiancee and lover. The one who had chosen to seal himself away because of my power. The one that I'd tries to forget about because I wasn't naive enough to think that I would see him again in this lifetime. The one and only one so far that had caused my heart to beats with the rhythm of love. The one that I counted as a part of my body, heart, spirit, soul, and very self.

In terms of age, this planet was younger than he was but in terms of soul-strength-wise, this planet has that in spades compared to him. After all, there are billions of lives in this world. And over time, that number would continue to climb higher and higher.

Not to mention, when he had sealed his soul away, a large portion of his power was absorbed by this world’s core. Thus, he got weaker and not stronger over time. Of course, this was only because he was away from me. If he was with me, he would have gotten a lot stronger than this planet’s will.

I am not worried that he won't be getting stronger. Once I am strong enough for his real self to come out, it would be extremely easy for he to get back his strengths. In fact, for this man, getting stronger during this age of apocalypse was even easier than eating. All he has to do was absorbs the spiritual qi and mana in the air and his strengths would shoot up like bean sprouts. No, his powers and abilities would have increased at a much faster rate than even beansprouts.

So, I am not worried about him. Since that's just dumb and idiotic.

I don’t really know the connection between Souma and the beings who placed their attention on me from the higher realm, but I knew that Souma wasn’t from this realm of dimension. And that his real name wasn't Souma. His last name could be translated to something close to Sengin but this wasn't his real name, either. And no, I don't know his real name. He never told me and I had never asked for it.

Father had told me that when I was born, Souma had torn open the Space-Time-Dimensional rift and latched onto my soul and body. He was the reason why I was able to separate from that Thing that was born with me.

When I was born, I was born at home and not at a hospital. I was born inside a bound space that my father had set up. This was a must since I wasn't normal, even when I was still inside my mother's stomach.

Mother was very strong back then, so when she gave birth to me, she didn't faint until that Thing came out from deep within my Soul and cause her to faint. Father had to use more than 70% of his strength just to make sure that, that, Thing didn't do anything to me and my mother. And then, Souma tore space apart and latches onto me.

According to father, Souma and that Thing fought for 7 days and 7 nights within the Bound Space that Father had created. Souma had weakened that Thing enough to the point that Father could Seal it away. And then, Souma turned very protective of me. Very possessive and protective.

He won’t even let father come close to me until he recognized that my blood and father’s blood was nearly the same. And that fact that father wasn’t hostile to him and me. And no, this didn't include my mother, who had fainted afterward from given birth to me and from that Thing's appearing.

For more than 10 years, Souma was always with me. Bathing, eating, playing, sleeping, training. Everything. Everywhere.

So when he decided to sealed his soul, body, and mind away, the loneliness that I was never used to force me to get used to it very quickly. And very coldly.

By the time that I was 12 years old, Father had already long learned that no one but Souma could ever alleviate my loneliness. And that was only two years after he has sealed away.

Truth, I try to move on. Try to find someone else to like. To love. But... it was impossible. Not only was my personality not easy to get along with. My body built was also slightly intimidating for other people. Thus, so far after Souma left, I never got a boyfriend. There was no one who could handle my personality. There are plenty of people who look at me from afar but those that have the will and the determination to deal thoroughly with me daily? None.

A couple of hours of kissing and hugging each other later, I and Souma came back to my base.

We’d decided that before we did anything else, we have to reinforce the spells and talisman on the apartments. Because damn it, if my presence alone wasn’t enough to draw in zombies like flies to rotten fruits, then Souma’s presence was like catnip to a cat. Drawing even more and more zombies to this area. Thus, using my blood and his ki, we were able to upgrade the three apartment complexes that I owned up to 6 more ranks.

Now, only Level 7 and strongers are able to find me and him. But by the time that a Level 7 or Level 6 Zombies was born, I would already be on a much higher level than them so there isn't any trouble.

Nonetheless, I am not going to tempt fate by planning flags so I will leave that alone.

Afterward, we took a bath and just relaxed, snuggled in each other’s presence. It has been a long time since we’re together like this. So, we aren’t going to run straight ahead into the sex-zone so fast. Back when he left, Souma’s human body was already akin to an 18 years old teenager with all the hormones of one. But back then, I was only 10 years old physically, so we didn’t have sex.

We just wanted to feel each other’s presence and touch each other without all the haze pressure that sex could bring. Not that I know what it feels like. I am a virgin. And not to mention that right now, Souma’s body was that of a young boy. A 15+-year-old boy but a small tender- boy still.

Even if Souma was fine with using his current body to have sex with me, I wouldn’t be since this isn’t his real body. I could wait. He could wait. We both would wait for my body, soul, spirits, qi, and Ability to get strong enough to sustain having Souma being with me.

Thus, cuddling together.

When we got back to the apartment, it was already near 6 pm. Thus, we cleaned up, ate dinner, and stayed cuddling from 7 pm to 7 am, all night long. I and Souma knew each other enough to know that right now, we’re both fearing the same thing. We don’t want to wake up and find out that this is a dream in the morning.

I haven’t seen Souma for so long that my memories of his real appearance were already starting to fade. All that I could remember was his Qi life force reading. And that was how I recognized Souma no matter which body he resides in. But then again, Souma could change his appearance to however he likes, so remembering his physical appearance wasn’t a good thing.

I don’t know how I was able to recognize him within a nano-of-a-second, either. There were a couple of times that Souma was able to change his life qi signature and his appearance to something else but I was always still able to tell that it was him. But, I am not worried about not recognizing him after he truly came out from that Seal.

“Ah, that’s right, I completely forgot why I possess this boy’s body. Here, Kou-chan, have this memory jade. It's called Nirvana's Goodwill Recipes. I exchange that from my father after winning a game with him. It should teach you how to cook the spiritual and Magical high-rank plants from your Farming Systems Farm space. To be honest, I wanted to give you the Spiritual and Magical Cooking Manual Cook-Book but that book requires you to be far stronger than you are right now so it is useless to you.” Souma suddenly gave me a 1 inch by 2 inches by 5 cm jade stick that has a carving of what I could tell to be Amaterasu-Omikami on it holding a wok in one hand while the other holding a ladle. Behind Amaterasu were 12 pairs of hands holding various different kinds of cooking tools and knives.

On the other side of the jade stick was some sort of very small characters of words or letters of some kind. I can’t read it since it doesn’t look to be Japanese or Chinese at all. Not even Old Traditional Chinese characters and I knew every Chinese and Japanese Character by heart due to my father’s teaching and the Learning System.

“Sou... ?” What characters are these? How come I can’t recognize it? I asked as I lean back into his chest and relax while examining the characters on the jade. Like my father, Souma was able to read and understand me deeply so we never had any communication problems before.

“Hm? Oh, those are Heaven Dao’s Characters. Or what you called Akashi’s Origin Characters. Put a drop of your blood that contains both your Qi and your Mana on it and you will be able to obtain the knowledge inside.” Souma said as he held me tightly.

I did as he said and ouch!!! My head!

“Kou-chan? What’s wrong?”

“My head...” I groaned in pain as I clenched my head with my hands.

“Ahhh, hold on. You have to be strong, Kou-chan. The knowledge in that jade stick is very powerful so it will hurt your head for a couple of minutes,” He kisses my forehead as he rubbed my back tenderly.

For what feels like hours, Souma holds my hands as I will through the pain. I nearly cracked his bones with my hugs as I held his hand during this pain spasm.

Once the headache migraine pain stopped, I found out that there were literally a thousand different ways that teach me how to cook anything that has mana and spiritual qi in it.

And...

“Dungeon?” There will be dungeons forming in this world? In fact, 5 types of dungeons. But wait a minute... this world was undergoing an apocalyptic time. Not evolving to be a Magical world!

“Yes, Kou-chan. By the end of this month, the higher tier worlds will be dropping off Dungeons Crystals for this world. My father said that he too will be dropping off about nine hundred ninety-nine Dungeon Crystals around Japan, China, Korea, Mongolia, and the ocean.” Here, Souma sighed as he hugged me to his chest tightly.

“He said that all of the Higher Up had come to the conclusion that all dungeons must follow the Routes and Rules, such as Monsters that you encounter in dungeons will drop loot. You can get it by simply looting the monster, but you have to be careful of Ownership. Ownership of a monster goes to the one who contributed the most damage to the monster, so you’re not allowed to loot it if it wasn’t yours. Unless you are in the same Party and or Guild.

You can also dismantle monsters in dungeons for resources, however, the corpse or body of the monster will only stay for 1 hour after death so you must finish dismantling it during that time. There are only 3 kinds of goods you can get from monsters. First is Money, which will be in the form of USD or Chinese Yuan. The second is crystals with special mana structures that the monster has, the Monster Beads. Third, materials for crafting weapons. Monsters that are high level give out Gold and Rare Minerals instead. Occasionally, they drop what is called a “Key”, which can be anything, from Rare Dungeons to secret chests. Anything really.” Souma continues to explain.

According to what his father had told him after he’d lost the game, he said that some minerals will be needed as ingredients for crafting, some can be exchanged for an equivalent prize from the Dungeon. Which can be anything really. Not only that, but grinding also doesn’t affect your levels and strength until the last monster is defeated. Only then can you get your rewards and levels from the dungeon. No one will get stronger continually while fighting inside the dungeon so it doesn't really matter if you want to grind or not.

The looting system was really fast and convenient. All you have to do is tap the head or upper body of the monster that you had killed and you can loot. However, for dismantling, it is slightly different. It's real-world dismantling.

By the end of this month, the red mist that has been going around the world will start forming dungeons once the higher beings dropped off the Dungeons Crystals.

By then, a lot of things will be changing. This includes humans, animals, and animated objects. Humans and animals alike will start to change once the dungeons are forming. The mutation will be the last of human worries.

So, truly, humans only have 3 more days until those dungeons are formed and created. Since right now, it was already March 28. Thus, three more days until dungeons start appearing around this world.

Sighs... Just when I think that mutated animals would start to shows up and things would've started to stabilized by now, another problem pops up. Will normal humans survive past this year? Or does father had to do something to ensure their survival?

Souma can only stay with me for another 3 months since this human body was already half-way to death’s door when he took possession of it. This body can’t handle Souma’s soul for longer than that.

I’d checked the knowledge that the Jade stick gave out and I could see why Souma was willing to play a game with his father for this knowledge. My Knowledge System was so happy that it upgraded itself and gave out more than 10 different rewards for all the knowledge that the jade gives.

Souma’s father is not from this dimension, so it is very hard to make contact with him. But then again, Souma has the powers to torn apart space and come to this dimension, so I can’t judge his powers with just this knowledge. I don’t know if it was Souma who contacted his Father or the opposite, but I do know that Souma’s Father really likes me.

I don’t know how I knew. It was plain intuition.

Both I and Souma exchange looks as we put away the information that he gave me and continue to cuddle together.

Right now isn’t the time for information exchange. It's for cuddling. And then maybe breakfast time. And then lunch. Dinner came afterward. And then sleep while hugging each other. I completely ignored the quests that the other systems give out. I finished the Knowledge System’s first Active Mission already. I just haven't checked my rewards so I completely ignored it in favor of holding Souma for the night.

When I woke up the next morning right at 6 am sharp, it was with a snap from my intuition. Souma opened his eyes wide as he too got up from the bed with me to the windows.

Both I and Souma looked at the darkening sky with lightning stroking across and we frown.

Those things that were letting out lightning in the sky... Was that... birds?

Both I and Souma’s eyes were wide with surprise.

“... What...” What’s happening to the animals of this world? Has it already started? But didn’t Souma say that the Dungeons will be forming until the end of this month? It was only on the 3rd of April! Those dungeons aren't stable yet!

“No, that's not caused by the Dungeons. It's the Mutation of animals. It seems like the blood mist has caused the whole world to undergo a mutation. These mutations should not be occurring right now. At the current stage of this apocalypse, zombies should still be only getting from level 12 to level 11 and maybe very rare to a level 10. Animals shouldn’t have already mutated... Hmmm? Kou-chan, did you happen to get a certain kind of zombies slaying system by any chance?” Souma asked me.

Normally, Souma was always 4-5 inches taller than me so I have to look up before but now, he’s in a much younger boy’s body so I have to look down to see his eyes.

I feel slightly weirded out as I nodded to Souma’s question.

Souma blinked at my answer before he facepalms with a sigh. A slightly exaggerated look entered his eyes and yet there was this sensation of profoundness, confident, and yet ecstatic within his eyes.

“Kou-chan... why are your power strength’s systems so troublesome?” Souma asked with a deep sighed but his expression was completely wooden. Only his eyes were still so lovely red.

“...” What’s so troublesome about the zombies' slaying system? Asides from its assignment?

“Kou-chan, any strong systems out there that assist people over time always have their own cause and effect on the world’s will and destiny. For example, your father’s system, The War-Affair System, was a Grade SS system. As a result, whenever a world that aligned with the system’s core, your father will have to be transmigrated or summoned to that world for however long those wars last. However, what you don’t know was that due to the system itself, it could influence multiple worlds, continents, countries, households or clans to go to wars. This is the cause and effect of such a system. So, your zombie's slaying system could have influenced the natural evolution of the apocalyptic process of this world. As a result, mutation animals show up much earlier than it normally should.” Souma said with a shrugged.

“...” I know that. I mean, I grew up with three people in the family who have their own system. My mother has her cooking system, my father has his War-Affair System, while my grandpa used to have the Knowledge System. And when I was little, I had my own system, the Learning System, too. Which has caused my curiosity to be so wide in a range that I read and learn all sorts of things?

The only thing that changed was that my grandpa’s system moved to me along with three other systems.

Mother's System causes the world Food Industrial in Asia and Pacific countries to evolve. My grandpa has his Knowledge System that causes all sorts of things to be known about. For example, artificial intelligence. My Father with his War System was a given. Every time that he left and came back, the scents of blood was extremely strong.

So yes, I had already long ago noticed the cause and effect of the Zombie's Slaying System. How else were zombies always able to come to my region when I had already cleared off the zombies multiple times. Not only that, but my killing intentions have also already caused all the animals nearby to flee away from this region. So, there shouldn't be any attraction left that would draw in the zombies. Unless, of course, that it was myself that cause such an issue in the beginning.

It's like re-spawning mobs after such mobs have already been cleared once. Luckily, or maybe not, I noticed that there were no repeated zombies. Although all zombies looked the same, their physical appearance and clothes were somewhat different. It proves that these zombies were former humans and not zombies created by the system to motivates me.

I am, however, still slightly cautious with the zombie-slaying system. I don’t want to be manipulated by the system but sometimes, it was unavoidable. This system was not created by my father or Souma, thus it was not a normal system. Not to mention, the Idle’s System too was very similar to Idle Games Apps. However, the Idle’s System is a Magecraft and Thaumaturgy Caster’s System. Not a game app.

I even tried to see if I could use the Idle's System the same way as how an Idle Games Apps functions. Only to find out that, no, Idle does not function the same way a game application does.

If the Idle’s System was that similar or alike to the Game Apps that was on mobile phones, then it would have been really easy for me to update my strengths, levels, buy things, and survive the apocalypse. After all, all Idle Games applications have one common function such; more killing equals more money. More Money, equal more strengths and ability. Use money made from killing zombies to update strengths and abilities. This would have made it easy for me to survive in this apocalyptic time.

Luckily, or maybe not, the Idle’s System was a Magecraft Caster’s Ability system.

Its reenactment of pre-existing phenomena mystery upon the gate of Magic and Origin. This system was a system that will teach, guide, and shows me one of the ways to the origin of this universe via Magic creations and such study.

Thus, when Souma had said that there will be dungeons forming by the end of this month on this planet, I wasn’t really surprised. That was because my two systems are based on Magical Property and functionality. Both the Zombies Slaying System and the Idle’s System are Magically based. Not spiritually.

But then again, the Farming System and the Knowledge System, hell even my former Learning System, was all Spiritual Base so I don’t really know if that will influence the world in a bad way.

After all, Father’s System had already influenced four countries on this planet to go to war just ten years ago. Although he wasn’t directly involved with the war, a couple of my cousins had dealt with it through the mercenary group. Even I had involvement with them due to my cousin.

That war was won by Japan, the USA, and China. China came in first with Japan at second and the USA came in third place. I don’t know what truly happened afterward but the normal civilian was moved to Hokkaido with help from the US Government.

So, now, I knew for sure that sooner or later, my systems would somewhat influence this world, in one way or another.

We watched as the mutated birds flew toward the north.

Oddly enough, the last three mutated birds saw the sakura tree in the backyard and they came down.

My heart beats against my chest as I and Souma watch how the birds clank their neck at the tree. One of them went closer to the tree and started to rub against the sakura tree as it softly chirped.

Then, I and Souma watched as the other two birds jumped into the tree branches and... just like that, two large nests were formed underneath the two birds’ like it was magically created from nothing...

The hell?

However, within a couple of seconds, the two birds that had nested looked up and give out a loud chirp before flying away, following the rest of the mutant birds to the North. Leaving behind the one bird that was still rubbing against the tree. In the two nests that I and Souma could see was two pile of large stone-like eggs.

Not even ten seconds after the two birds left, the sakura tree branch twisted and turned and stabbed around the ground that the last bird was standing on, causing it to jerk in surprise before it calms down and once again rubbed against the tree with soft chirping.

Both Souma and I exchange surprise and confused looks.

What in the world?

And then, a very fantasy thing happened.

The tree enlarges itself rapidly.

If before, the sakura tree was about 25 meters in height, then right now, after enlargement, it was easily 200 meters in height. Its trunk was now ten times larger than before and the branches were at least 10 times larger and longer. The whole tree was easily 20 times the size of its previous size. The hell, why is a Sakura tree competing with the redwood for being the tallest tree for?! You are a cherry blossom tree, not a coastal redwood tree!

The sakura tree's size was nearly the same height and length as this apartment complex building. If looked from above, then the tree itself was the same size as this apartment complex and the two other buildings, making this whole block a block of four large and tall buildings.

I now know what happened to the tree. And what that mutated bird was doing.

They were assimilating their power together and forming a resonance between themselves. Binding their Spiritual Connection together.

I found out while farming inside the Farming Space that some plants have resonance between them. But, not every plant of the same species would have the same resonance length. A tomato vine can have a very high resonance assimilation rate with a winter melon vine. A chili pepper plant would sometimes have a very high resonance rate with a bok choy.  In other words, it doesn't have a limitation as to what species can assimilate with what. The majority of the resonance occurs within the same species but it was not always true.

Once fully assimilating, the two or more plants could combine into pairs and help each other grow up, mature, and develop. For example, a prune tree had somehow assimilated with a apple tree and had somehow cross-mutant into a new species. The fruits that that tree now fruits taste like a combination of a sweet prune and sweet apple. The sweetness was far higher than normal, and it's other tastes was also very great. It no longer taste like an apple or a prum but rather a sweeter combination of the two.

And this was why it was so hard for me to learn to farm inside the Farming Space. If one tiny bit of the magical and spiritual assimilating went wrong then the whole batch of seedlings dies, depending on which was which. It was not easy for plants inside the Farming Space. Of course, I could just let those plants grow and come to maturity normally by themselves but doing so wouldn't help me or those plants later since right now, things outside are changing far too rapidly.

Like I said before, training my wood abilities would only help me out later. There's no point in being lazy right now. I can't be lazy right now.

The Sakura tree outside creates branches that went down and the mutated birds climb up with a cheerful chirp as it flapped their wings happily. However, when the bird saw the two nests of eggs, it flipped its wings with an angry chirp and then kicked off the two nests away from the sakura tree.

... Jealousy?

Both Souma and I shared amusement looks. Souma chuckled softly before he held out his hand and the eggs from those nests flew up toward our floor's window. He had already known that I would ask for so he didn't bother to wait.

The bird on the sakura tree branch looks at the floating eggs as it makes its way toward us and its head tilted to the side. It gives a couple of chirps in confusion but didn't make a move as it watches the eggs flew to the windows.

The window was opened with magical forces and the eggs were taken inside.

That bird was surprised that there was a pair of humans living in front of their frontal view. So, it chirped at us with both a festive tone and a very quizzical curiosity tone. Seeing that we didn't reply or care for it, it continues to chirp at us with a tilt of his head. There was curiosity within its intelligent eyes that made the bird looks very adorable.

This mutated bird looks to be from the wild waterbird species Mandarin Duck with its affection and fidelity feather. There was a red bill, a large white crescent above the eye, and reddish face and whiskers. The mutated bird’s breast has two vertical purple and white bars of strikes below its neck, and with a ruddy orange sail at its back. It's a male mandarin duck.

Although, I thought that in the wild, Mandarin Ducks only breed in densely populated wooded areas near shallow lakes, marshes, or ponds. Not to mention, these migratory bird species are usually only found during early springs and up to late autumn in warm climates. Right now it is only early April and the weather was still very cold outside. Not only that, but this is also Tokyo. This area and region was highly populated with high-rise buildings. There aren’t a lot of trees or parks here. The only place that could handle these groups of migratory birds was the Garden of the Imperial Palace since Hamarikyu gardens are far too close to 'that' Area.

True, Kinuta Park and the Equestrian Park were nearby along with the Tokyo University of Agriculture but those spaces won’t be enough for a group of mutated birds. Actually, let's just said that aside from the northern region of Japan, anywhere near a large city isn't a good enough location for such mutant animals.

After all, just judging by the three birds that I and Souma had seen, their sizes were estimated to be from 15-25 meters long with a 28-36 meters wingspan. If not counting the feathers, then it is estimated that those three mandarin ducks would have weighed between 600kg to 800kg easily. Hell, the birds on the Sakura trees look to be even heavier than a bull, so around 1200 or so kilograms?

Before this mandarin duck had assimilated with the sakura tree, the tree could barely stay strong enough to host the two previous birds, who were two female mandarin ducks. But after assimilating with the male mandarin duck, the tree’s size increased by at least 10 times. Making it easier for this male mandarin duck to nest within or on the sakura tree.

However, I don’t even know if all the trees in those parks had also mutated and turned into some sort of ‘world trees’ or so. Thus, I know for sure that these flocks of migratory mandarin ducks won’t be staying close to Tokyo.

Just... I want to know and research or study if mutated animals and zombies have any relation. Normal animals and zombies? Hell yes, I saw multiple times that they flee away from zombies whenever they sense them.

To my knowledge so far, this was the first group of mutated animals that I had seen. So, there was no data to compare to see if zombies will also hunt mutated animals like how they hunted humans. Afterall, they aren’t normal animals anymore.

The eggs that Souma had levitated to our home was very large and it makes me think of dinosaur eggs. It was five times the size of an Ostrich egg and easily weighted ten times over. How was those two birds able to give birth to these eggs, I have no clue.

If the eggs were already this big, how big were the mutated birds going to be when they grew? Is it going to be larger than its parents?

I don’t know but I will be finding out once it hatches. I am, however, curious about how it would taste like. I wonder if it's edible anymore.

I send these eggs, a total of 9 eggs, to my Farming System. Within the Farming System, next to the barn that I used to store grains, a large chicken coop made with metals and wood came out from nowhere. The nine eggs were nested safely and comfortably inside.

The Knowledge System will cooperate with the Farming System to watch over these eggs.

Ting

[Knowledge System Notice: Mutant Mandarin Duck Eggs x9 is now officially ingrained to breed within the Farming Space System. Nutrition values: 6500 Calories, 50% Protein, 43% Fat. 1% Calcium, ...  ]

[Knowledge System Notice: Hatch time duration is 18 Days. Possibilities of unfertilized Eggs 12%]

Huh. It's Edible. However, the eggs are too big for just me and Souma. That's one high content of calories for sure. It contains a lot more calories than even an Ostrich's eggs. Proteins was also very high too.

I and Souma ignored the large sakura tree and bird and went back to sleep for a couple more hours before we had to get up to hunt zombies.

With the sounds that the two previous birds had made, more zombies will be drawn to this location so I will have to hunt them with Souma.

When we woke up a couple of hours later, we had breakfast which consisted of steam rice, grilled salmon, miso soup, and pickled vegetables, which in this case was shibazuke.

Homemade Shibazuke, not store-bought.

After breakfast, we talked about Souma’s ability real quick before we left the house. The mandarin ducks chirp at us as we're leaving, causing me to wave at it.

Souma has multiple abilities; Both Magical Ability and Spiritual Ability wise. Martial Arts that uses spiritual ki/qi instead of mana and Elemental Ability such as fire and water abilities that use magical energy, mana.

With martial arts ability, he could reinforce any weapons with qi to make it stronger and more durable, thus easily killing zombies with it. When he feels like it, he would also use his fist and feet to hit and smashes the heads of the zombies. The only problem this caused was the fact that it tends to get splashed by rotten meats and brain matters afterward. Thus, he has to always washed himself cleaned due to the sheer rotten smells.

With Magical abilities, he could and would be able to use fire, water, wind, and earth abilities to kill zombies with ease since his imagination and experiences with such abilities was far higher than mine. And thus, the applications that he could apply when using Magical Abilities was very diverse.

When we talk about Souma's powers, the sheer fact of diversity was very wide and very strong due to how much he has control over it. Each of his Abilities was stronger than mine, at least, since his control and manipulation over them was far better than mine.

The only disadvantage that he had was that Souma could only use a limited amount of abilities per day since this human body wasn’t strong enough to use more than the limitation. So, only up to 500 times per ability, per day. No more than that or he will start bleeding in places that shouldn’t be bleeding and then faint.

As for me... Asides from Martial Arts, my weapons that my Father had made for me, I too am also very powerful.

Ever since the Zombie Slaying System activates and my mana awakes back at the beginning of March, I had mainly trained the Four Common Elemental abilities that I have but, that doesn't mean that I don't train the other six rarer abilities too.

Earth, Fire, Water, Wind. These Four Elemental Abilities was going to be the most Common Elemental Abilities during this Apocalyptic Age. Wood, Thunder, and Metal was going to be Rare Ability. Sounds Ability, Mental Force Ability, and Space Ability was going to be the Legendary Alpha out of the three types.

Of course, this doesn't count the other normal abilities that increase the defense and offensive powers of the abilities users. Like a large increase in Strength without harming the body of the users or being able to find a certain object within a limited amount of time. Or, causing and turning one's own body to mist. Of course, I don't have such abilities. Mines are more elemental in forces and concepts.

I can use all of them. The stronger I got, the stronger my abilities get.

With Earth Ability, I can manipulate earth and create earth walls, stones, and traps easily. Turning dirt, earth, to sand and then turning sands to gravel before turning it into stone. These are all applications of the Earth Ability System. With testing and experimenting, I found out that as the level of my Earth Abilities increase, so does the way that I use them. There are various different ways and methods on how to train and uses this Earth Ability System of mine.

With Fire Ability, I can create all sorts of Fire ranging from red hot fire to blue flames that leave no ashes behind. The sizes, rotational forces, temperatures, usages, and all sorts of ways were used by me to experiment with this Fire Ability System. I found out that from the normal flames, it turned darker and then lighter before it turned to pitch dark in a certain color. The temperature can changes from a negative degree to thousands of degrees in positive, easily. Thus, for all the zombies that I met and hunt, I used the Fire Ability and turned all corpses to ashes.

With Water Ability, I can control all sorts of liquid and its temperature. One moment, a zombie will dry up so fast that mummy looks watery in comparison. The next, it froze completely or cracked all over due to my water manipulation. I can extract the water content from both the zombified people and non-people alike. After killing the zombies and burning them to ashes, I would use the Water Ability System to senses the contaminated liquid that was the blood of the zombies and purified it by controlling both Fire and Water at the same time.

With Wind Ability, I can create all sorts and sizes of tornado, wind blades, flying in the air, increase my speeds, and do all sorts of things. For example, I found out that within the brain of a zombie, there was a very small amount of air within the brain matter. All I had to do was force the air inside the brain to increase, and it will lead the head of the zombie to completely explode. After all, the bones of the normal zombies was now very soft.

Although I have to be careful to not let its brain matter get on me when I do that. It stinks very badly. Emphasized the bad part, please.

With Wood Ability, I can control plants of all kinds to do a lot of things. Manipulating it to struggle and absorb the energy within the zombies’ nuclei crystals was not easy but once I learned how to do it, it could become the norm. Manipulation of Woods was what made it possible for me to grows things inside my Farming Space this fast. And thus, I found out that I like using Wood Ability the most. But Wood Ability was not my innate ability. That would be my Space Ability.

Thunder Ability was the one that I have a problem with. My personality was not Cold and yet explosive hot like thunder. So, the Thunder Ability that I could use was a variant mutated kind. I could only use it to shock, slow down, and burn things to a certain degree. It wasn’t powerful enough to one-hit kill anything in one hit. Three to four-hit killed? Certainly. One-hit Kill? With my Thunder Ability? Not a chance. Although, with the Thunder Ability, I don’t have to worry about electricity ever again. Of course, this was only if I used the Thunder Ability by itself. If I combined it with my other Abilities, like Water or Fire, then the application diverges largely, and its powers and functionality increase by a lot.

As for Metal Ability. I have to say, whoever gets this ability is going to be a very powerful man at this age. Although my Metal Ability was a variant mutated ability, it was also an ability that was very strong and pure. I can manipulate any minerals that are metallic in nature. I can even strengthen those metals with metal manipulation, then mana manipulation, and reinforce it with spiritual ki. Things like sensing where metals are were just one of the skills that came with the Metal Ability System.

My Mystic Core Pistol, Igna, was now 5 times stronger than before. And also, I don’t have to worry about ammunition ever again. If I don’t buy them from the system shops, then I could just create them myself using metals bought from the shop. And then, using my other abilities to help craft the ammunition myself since I now know the methods to create the ammunition for Igna. How? The rewards from the Knowledge System's updates due to the Jade Stick that Souma gave me. Those methods within the Jade Stick was at least 3 Realms higher than this world. Thus, it was worth a lot. So, the rewards that the Knowledge System gave me included in the methods for creating Ammunition for Igna and if I wanted to, I could also create more ammunition for the weapons on Stigma.

As for my other Ability; Sounds, Mental, and Space...

I can only use it as support since all three of these abilities was variant mutated abilities.

With Sound, I can only use it with Talismans to either increase or decrease a certain sound that forces my enemy to slow down or stunned for a short time. Of course, this was by confusing them and could also distract them. I could use sound to make a small Echo for mapping purposes or using Sound to find hidden zombies that didn't want to be found with Earth and or Wind abilities.

With the mental ability, there are three things that I could do; forcefully control over the living and zombies’ behavior and thinking, subtle manipulation of the mind, and the deadliest of all, controlling and manipulating variant creatures for a long period of time. Of course, using Mental Ability is hard for my mind and I have to be careful of backslash. So, I rarely use this ability. In fact, I had only used it three times ever since I found out about this ability, and since then, I didn't use it again. It was freaking damn taxing on the mind and soul.

As for Space Ability. Asides from how it influences the System’s spaces and inventory, it also made it possible for me to control a certain space within my circumference. If that wasn’t enough, I can also teleport to anywhere in this world that I wanted to. Although, using the teleportation Ability was very draining. Even more draining than Mental Force Ability... The only reason why I was able to use teleportation in the first place was due to Space Ability being my innate original, not influences by the systems, ability. If by any chance, I don't have these systems, and the Apocalypse came and I survived, then awakening to Space Ability would be the first Ability that I got. And then, Wood, Earth, and Water later. The rest of the other ability won't come to me without those Systems' influences.

With these Elemental abilities, I could use it as long as my Ability capacity was able to support it. However, for the Sound, Mental, and Spaces abilities, I could only use it up to 10 times each, per week. Compared to Souma, my Abilities was very weak.

Currently, my level for the common elemental Ability was at level 5. My Thunder, Metal, and Wood level are at 7. And Sounds and Mental are at level 2 while Space Ability is at level 10.

Space Ability is at level 10. Yes. This is due to the four Systems so it has nothing to do with me. I didn't train this ability as much as I trained the other ability. This is because the Space Ability has already assimilated and emerge with the four Systems' spaces. Such as the Inventory, The Barns, The Workshops, and the likes.

According to the Zombie Slaying System, to increase my Space Ability level, I needed to go out to Outer Space and get the minerals called the Chaos Enorell Pearl. This isn’t possible for me so I will have to ask my Father for help.

As for why my Thunder, Mental, and Wood was so high, that would be because of the Farm, this apartment building itself, and how much electricity I use daily during training.





In order to protect these buildings on this block of neighbor, I had to use both my Metal Ability and Wood ability to manipulate all the metals and woods in this region to creates and reinforce large walls surrounded this block.

I had also use my abilities to reinforces all these buildings' walls, ceilings, floors, and foundations.

Asides from that, the very foundations of this whole block of neighbor was also fixed, modified, and reinforced by me.

The penthouse on top was protected by both a thin layer of wood sheet and a thick layer of metal plating glasses. This is to protect the penthouse from future flying enemies and future natural disasters such as stronger hail and thunderstorms.

These three whole buildings was reinforced with a 3-meter layer of metal tungsten plate on all walls from the outside and inside. The foundation that these buildings are on itself was reinforced with a 10-meter metal plate, a 5-meters wall of reinforced concrete, a 3-meters of metallic glass sheets, and 2 meters of diamond earth- earth soils and other materials mixed together that was compressed to be as hard as diamond. All around this whole block. Originally, I wanted to only reinforce these whole building blocks with only metals and diamond earth but once I know about those dungeons, I went all out and overkill everything. Diamond Earths was just soils mixed with sands, gravels, waters, wood dust, and marble stone. Using Earth magic to manipulate the hardness and density of the composition to be as hard as diamond itself. So, Diamond Earth was what I called it.

Surrounding this block of neighbor, which has three buildings and 150 meters more of lands, I reinforced it with a couple of thick layers of various earthen and metallic materials. Just in case.

In the future, this place will be Father's Base. So, I have to really work hard for security purposes.

When I did this, it was with the four systems’ help. Otherwise, it would have been impossible for me to do all this thing even with my own strengths.

Japan is an island country. So, I have to be careful of how deep I made the reinforcement for this block of location.

Since I know that sooner or later, I will have to live with other living beings, I made sure to create the surrounding foundation quite deep into the earth.

I had also used my abilities to created multiple flooring deep underground for more spaces.

This was done three days ago during my training section while I was trying to understand how this world has changed. It was right after I cleaned up this building and the surrounding two neighbors of zombies that I slowly did this. I met Souma three days after meeting the Haganezuka mother and son. Thus, during those three days, with the Systems' help and with all the zombies' nuclei that I have from killing zombies ever since March 25th, I had trained until it feels like years has passed by and not days.

By the end of this training session, all of the materials that I had in my Inventory was completely gone. There wasn't even a rock left. So, the next time that I wanted to create a place for myself, I would have to go gathered more resources and materials myself.

As a result of this hell-like training, my Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind increase to level 5 while my Thunder, Metal, and Wood increase to level 7.

How was this possible? This was possible because the Systems had worked together and slowed down the time for the area that my home was located. One hour of working equals eight hours, instead. Thus, three days of working and training non-stop was actually 24 days of training in high intensity.

If it was only slowing times down, then it would still be impossible for my abilities to increase this fast. The reason why my abilities was already this strong was due to the Systems help with absorbing all the energy within those zombies' nucleus crystals. If it was done by myself, then with the speeds of absorption that I have, it would have taken me more than 2 weeks to increase just one level.

But because of these four Systems, the speed of energy that I absorbed from the nuclei crystals was so fast that any energy I had used up to train was also being renewed just as fast. Thus, training for 3 days, when in fact was 24 days, caused all my ability strengths to level up to this high. My training methods only work for people like me who like to trains using hell-level methods, so it wouldn't work for other people.

And I don't even have to worry about instability due to how fast my abilities level up. Why? That would be because I trained them using my own body, mind, and soul to understand them. It wasn't like I was doing nothing while the Systems works for me. It was actually the opposite. I worked hard to train, thus resulting in the Systems cooperation to help me train. The more I train, the smoother all the Systems work together.

When Souma and I went outside to cleared off the zombies, we confirmed our understanding of our abilities and our fighting powers again.

Although, halfway through, I have to stop myself because I have this very strong urge to fight against Souma...

Can't be helped. I have no rival after Souma left. Father fought with me a couple of times before but whenever we got serious, his System would always interrupt and took him to another world. Thus, I was never satisfied with fighting.

All the zombies that I had killed before weren't strong enough to feed my bloodlust for fights. And thus, when I saw how strong Souma was with his abilities, I have this urge to fight. My bloodlust was so strong that it causes all the nearby zombies to flinches in fear.

Ohhh? The zombies was also getting stronger in a variety of ways. Their instincts towards dangers aren't just for show now. I wonder when will a level 5 zombies become a thing? Right now, only level 12, 11, and 10 zombies existed. There was no level 9 yet that I know of.

I shouldn't be looking forward to stronger zombies but I can't help it. I am a fighting otaku thoroughly. I love fighting so much that I didn't even mind this world-changing apocalypse happening!

And yes, I know that I am very selfish.

When Souma and I came home that night, our faces was warms with excitement from fighting and getting to know our abilities in depth.

Now, he doesn't have to worry that I might be in trouble when those dungeons form afterward. Even when he has to leave me behind again once his time limit ran out.





On the last day of April, both I and Souma sit down together near the window to watches the mutated birds and mutated Sakura tree in the backyard.

The bird was shivering in fear as it drove into the Sakura's tree's trunk and the Sakura tree was using its branches to surround the birds protectively.

So, mutated beings can feel the changes that Earth was undergoing. The Zombies certainly don't notice such a thing at all.

The Red Mist in the air has now concentrated all over the world. I could still see the Blue Mist higher up in the air but it was the Red Mist that was now the owner of this world.

I looked outside from the window and saw past the wall surrounding the area that I had reinforced. The Red Mist was forming smalls tornados storms in multiple places. Making the scenes look quite creepy and eerie. From the sky, the blood drones were rapidly taking pictures for me. And thus, I was able to notice that not all dungeons were formed equally.

Checking the map and using Winds and Earth Abilities, I was able to locate where the nearest Dungeon would be located. The pictures from the drone just reinforce and confirmed what I had noticed.

Honestly, I am slightly excited about these dungeons forming. Okay, fine, I am very excited about those dungeons forming this closed by.

It is currently 12 pm in the afternoon right now. It should be raining hails about now but due to the Red Mist and the Dungeons forming, there haven't been any rains today yet. If there was any zombies nearby then they would probably be looking at the sky with confusion on their rotten faces but since there are no zombies nearby, I wasn't able to see if the zombies are affected by this procedure as the Mutated Animals.

Just as I was about to take out some materials to create more ammunition for Igna, my phone rings. The phone that hasn't rings ever since my father gave it to me, ring for the first time.

Souma lifts one of his eyebrows at the sound.

"... Father?" I answered the phone by bringing out the holograph picture. Father shows up from the other end with mother in the background, looking worried and yet excited.

"Hina-chan!" Mother's voice called out to me. Yes, my mother sometimes called me Hina-chan. Which was very girly but I didn't react to her teasing so it didn't really matter. My attentions were on my father, not my mother. I nodded to my mother before concentrating on my father.

"...Kohinatsu..." The world's changing again. The clans will be making our way toward your location. Had you prepared the places? Father seems to ask. I nodded back at him without saying anything. I just show him what I had done to the places for him.

"... Going..." I and Souma will be leaving this location once you all get here. I had already prepared all the needed resources and materials that I could. Once you all get here, I and Souma will be leaving toward North. We won't be living in the cities but rather going around to see if there's a smaller town that we could reinforce and live there.

Father looks at me with a deep profound look and then sighs out loud.

"Souma?" Souma's out there with you now? He asked.

"Hmm." He's here with me but only for the next three months since he took possession of a teenager's body. During this time, I want to be with him for as long as possible. So, I will leave this place for you to take care of.

"... Well..." Very well. I will take care of it. Although, I know that it wouldn't be for long since I have someone else in mind. Someone who can control and rules far better than I will be able to do.

"... Haganezuka?" It seems like my intuition was right. This boy's future and the world's future are tightly tied together.

"Hmm." I can't always be present here in this world. Once I leave, if no one controls the places, then zombies will raid and seizes the whole place to the ground.

I nodded. If father was the one that trained Haganezuka to be a leader then I have no worries left. Although, my intuition and instinct told me that there would be someone else coming by soon to also trained Haganezuka? Odd. What's this odd sensation?

"...Souma..." Souma won't' come greet me?

I looked at Souma, who was sitting beside me. He looks at me and then the holographic video of my father and he rolled his eyes.

"What happened, Father-in-Law?" Souma asked with a normal tone.

"... Dungeon..." My house turned into a large ass dungeon. We can't stay here anymore. Do you happen to know why Dungeon Crystals suddenly start appearing in this world?

Souma rolled his eyes at my father and then repeated what he had told me to him.

In the end, my father went quiet for a long while before nodding at both of us and hang up. Father's not just quietly moving the family and clan to here. He was also researching why the Higher Beings chose this planet, his home dimension, to have dungeons forming. After all, this world wasn't a magical world. It does have a very small amount of magical mana in the air but in the end, this world is a Spiritual World. Not Magical.

The fact that my father's System was a magical base system and my mother's system too was a magical system wasn't lost to me. I found it odd that both father and mother's systems were clearly magically based, but mine was originally a spiritual base to be slightly confused. The Learning System is 100% Spiritually. This is a fact. However, my father and mother's systems were 100% Magically bases on. This is also a fact.

So, if my father wanted to know why and how it was possible for Dungeons Crystals to took hold of this World's Will and Force Foundation, then he would first have to ask himself why his System was a magically based system and not a Spiritual Base.

Both I and Souma exchanges look before we both rolled our eyes and continue to watches the dungeon forming process outside.

While I and Souma watch the outside world, my hands was not idle. It was constantly moving and manipulating metals to form into bullets and metal arrows of all kinds. Some have specific details for specific functions while others were made to concealed certain things inside the arrows. Some arrows were long, some thick, some small, some thin, some twisted, some bulky, and some have weird-looking tips.

In the end, asides from Souma, I was the only one who knew what these arrows are for.

And I planned on keeping it that way.





The first of April has long passed by already. In only one day, the survivors found out that no - just living in the apocalypse wasn't enough and that yes, gods hate mankind enough to creates other monsters asides from zombies.

Originally, after humans, animals, and plants started to mutated, zombies was supposed to be the next topic that everyone talks about. By that, I meant Zombies Leveling Up. However, for the whole week, since the April 1st hit, all the radios that are still working were all talking about the Red Mist that formed those Spaces that are now called Dungeons.

The Scientists and Researchers that were still alive today all came out with three explanations. One; The Earth is Dying. Two; The Earth is Mutating to save itself. Three; The Red Mist that had occurred back then was the Earth's Natural defensive energy that reacted to save itself and thus formed those dungeons.

Scientists and researchers have found out that people who have abilities all have a small amount of that Red Mist inside their bodies. The larger the Red Mist the body has, the Stronger the abilities. And this included zombies, animals, and plants. Evidently, the cause of why animals mutated that so big was also because of this Red Mist.

However, humans aren't plants and animals. If the Red Mist occurred a thousand years ago, then humans would have a large percentage of survival. However, now, in this modern age of technology and peace, mankind's survival percentage was as low as 0.00008%. This is because humanity's instincts had now dulled very badly. As for the people that had survived, one of the big reasons was because they all have good instincts for surviving.

The first wave of humans that had turned into zombies was those that lacked survival instincts. Elderly people whose strength no longer can support them. Ill people who have weak hearts. People who don't fight against their illness.

The second waves of humans that turned into zombies were those that was 'nick' by the previous wave. Bite, scratches, and infection were the leading causes of zombification in the second wave.

The Third wave of humans' zombification was from taking too much Red Mist. For animals and plants, taking in Red Mist can cause mutation and evolution. However, for humans, if your body, mind, and spirit weren't strong enough, then taking in Red Mist is very risky. Death was the least of their worries at this stage. A mutation could occur and like how Haganezuka Tsunayoshi used to be, they would be turned into anthropologists instead of zombies.

And no, I don't mean the anthropology "the study of human societies and cultures and their development / or/ the study of human biological and physiological characteristics and their evolution." I mean that evolution mutation of human physiologically and biological turning and developing taste for their own kind all the while knowing and wanting it. In another word, Cannibalism. 

At least, with Haganezuka, his intuition and instinct was high enough that it affected his morals. Thus, causing him to only eat mutated plants and not his own mother.

Of course, contamination was the fourth cause of human turning.

Scientists and researchers had already given out news of what would happen if people don't purify their waters multiple times before drinking.

All in all, what the scientists and researchers are saying was that "The Red Mist is a new form of energy that causes various kinds of mutation and evolution. Turning into zombies was just one of the causes and after-effects. Those dungeons that were forming have a very high concentration of Red Mist. Thus, only ability users are allowed to go in." Short and precise.

... This was only 1/4 right.

I look at my hand which has both the Red Mist and the Blue Mist from before and sighs out loud.

The Red Mist was actually Magical attribution mana while the Blue Mist was Spiritual attribution Qi.

In short, Red Mist was Mana and Blue Mist was Spirit Energy.

... What had the world become?


A week after the dungeons formed on Earth, my father and clan members all moved to my location.

The Asari Clan has a lot of people. However, the ones that have the power to make decisions was my father and grandpa. Thus, during the process of moving to my location, the clan people all learned why father won't make me the Heir to the family when they meet Souma.

After I give my father the blueprints for this block of neighbor and buildings, I and Souma left without turning back.

Of course, before we left, my mother forces me and Souma to relearn a lot of things. Especially things about plants that are edible and plants that are poison but aren't useless. Much to Souma's surprise and delights, mother didn't hate him for 'stealing' me away from her too soon.

But then again, Souma will only be here for three months. So, in a way, mother was actually pitying him?

Our destination was to the North, the base where I drop off the two Totsuki brothers. I had promised them that I would be visiting them once a month but ever since I came back home, I was so busy that I have completely forgotten about the two brothers.

On the way, I talked to Souma about the two boys and their abnormality.

"Ohhh! So, that's why the Higher Up goes active! If what you said about that baby boy was true then, there's an 80% chance that he's the reincarnation of one of the Higher Up or something close to them. Originally, before I came to this dimension to find you, my Father had already made plans and wanted me to reincarnate in one of the higher-ranked worlds. However, because I knew that if I follow my Father's plans, I won't be able to see you for a long time, so I rejected my Father's plans and came to this dimension instead. So, that baby boy could be someone from those higher worlds." Souma replied back with glittering eyes full of amusement and excitement.

"... Attaches..." Although the baby boy was very young, he was oddly attached to me. Same with his brother.

Souma smiles softly as he looked at me with a tenderness in his eyes. Although, on this baby-teenager face of his, the picture was oddly discomfort. Maybe because this face wasn't his real face?

"Kou-chan, I been wanting to tell you something for a while now. But I don't know if you want to know about it..." Souma said with a soft, tender, and yet blank look on his face. He didn't want me to read him?

"..." What is it? Don't just poke my curiosity and then go away!

"Kou-chan... You... Have you start to have weird dreams yet?"

"... how..." How do you know that I started to have weird and very fantasy-supernatural-like dreams?

True, ever since coming back with Souma from that library, I been feeling slightly weird. My abilities started to change slightly and sometimes, flashes of pictures and dreams flashed by my vision whenever I fell asleep. I thought that it was because I was getting Souma's memories of the lives before he has torn open space and time and came to this dimension. But... it seems like I was wrong? No, not wrong exactly. Just not fully right.

Here, Souma's expression was completely blank with nothing in there for me to read. "Kou-chan, you're soul is starting to Awake. And that "Protector" would soon come to you,"

"..." What? No, no, no, I must have heard wrong. That Thing is going to what?!

"You have 5 more years to get stronger." In the end, Souma's eyes was dark and profound as he said this sentence.

5 Years... Shit, will that be enough to trains all my abilities to level 10? Because if all of my abilities aren't at the same level, then That Thing will be visible to the World and even to Outer space!

The Protector that Souma was talking about was the Thing that was born from my soul.

It is a large, very, very, very, large, sword that was actually a space-ship-like-thingy.

The sword was weird. It can change its shapes to however it like. Sometimes, it looks like a fantasy sword that was embedded or enchanted with magic. Sometimes, it would change its shape to look like some futuristic sci-fi swords, and yet, sometimes, it would turn into to look like just a normal katana.

In another word, this sword has a spirit of its own, so it has a conscious.

The reason why it was sealed away was because its size was nearly the same size as the moon. Not to mention its powers and abilities... No one could control this weapon that called itself "Protector". Especially not me. I was only a newborn back then, okay? There was no way that I could have control over that Thing.

Not to mention, that Sword was actually a weapon that won't lose to those two weirdoes from the beginning of the apocalypse in terms of powers and all aspects. The Hand in the Sky and that large ass Star-ship. In fact, Protector was actually larger than that Star Ship. Only in this case, that Star Ship was circular while Protector was in the form of a long katana-sword sci-fi-like thing. Everything Protector was, was, is a weapon. But it was also a mobile stellar battleship-hybrid-spaceship.

With one glance, anyone can tell that Protector wasn't from this dimension. It was too high tech and more too sci-fi, fantasy-like, supernatural-base, to be from this dimension.

Fuck! If that wasn't enough when Souma was fighting with Protector over me, father had recorded the fight and I had already noticed one thing that father didn't notice back then.

Protector was actually capable of innate growing.

And you are telling me that I only have 5 years to get strong enough to control this Thing?

... Why am I excited?

Souma took one look at my eyes and he sighs out loud with fondness and exaggeration like he knew this was what I will be feeling.

Well, I like fighting. Just the thought of fighting against Protector with all my abilities being at level 10 causes all my senses to shivers with excitement and anticipation.

Although, I have this odd feeling that I will be very disappointed? That Protector won't fight me?

... The Martial Arts System was already sending out warnings to stop me from having such a wild fantasy-like hope.

 

6