[C6]: System abilities
1.1k 2 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Their television was small, but all that didn't matter to them; they were together doing something as a family. Not worrying about money, the gang that's bothering them, or anything else for a moment. Just a family that loves each other watching a movie on their shitty ass TV.
 
It had been a while since Max saw her mother genuinely smile like she did right now, and he swore in his heart that he would find more time for simple things like this. Things that made them happy.
 
So, After some much-needed family bonding which took a fair amount of hours, he was once again alone in his room. Although his sister had tried her best to attach herself to him again like some type of parasite, Max had gotten rid of the girl, For now.
 
He had said that he wanted to masturbate, That she had all the fun last night, Staining his bedsheet, and that now it was his time to enjoy himself. This only had the opposite effect and made her more eager to join him, but after he explicitly told her that he wanted some privacy and that he wouldn't forgive her if she didn't give him just that, she finally gave in.
 
He was pretty sure the girl was somewhere else rubbing one out, fantasizing about whatever that girl thought about when she got so worked up. Yet all that didn't matter to him it never had, and it most certainly didn't now that he had bigger things to worry about.
 
He dropped himself on top of his bed and thought back to the world travel stuff he saw earlier in his head. He was pretty sure that it was real. Either that or all the stress and bullshit was finally getting to him and got insane.
 
After thinking about it and what it all meant, he got another prompt.
 
[ World travel: The ability that allows the host to travel between two worlds. ]
 
After thinking hard about what else there was, he got two more prompts
 
[ Mark: Allows the host to mark an individual as a follower. Followers can have pain or death inflicted upon them by the host if the host chooses to do so. The host is also able to set rules and guidelines, and the host will be notified if said rules/guidelines are broken. Followers can only be marked if they volunteer for it - Current limited 0/1 ]
 
[Quests: Follow system innated quests for a reward. Quests are randomly triggered.]
 
[Storage: Allows host to store up to one cubic meter worth of goods. Goods inside don't spoil.]
 
 
Max thought hard about what this all meant, which, If he didn't become a lunatic, was quite a lot.
 
The mark was pretty detailed, so didn't leave too much room for questions besides its limitations and rules. For example, If someone was marked, was he able to remove the mark, or would it be stuck on that person forever? Would it return if that person passed away, or would it be a one-time use ability?
 
The Quest and World travel brought up more questions: What type of quests would he get, and how would they be trigged and generated? Would it be made by this..... System? Or whatever he should call all of this, or was it generated based on his own mind's emotions or maybe something else entirely? Could he influence it?
 
The world travel was pretty self-explanatory, although it was quite hard to believe, but the biggest question was what type of world would he go to, A medieval-like world? Is it a fantasy world like in those games, or something totally different?
 
Similarly, the storage option didn't leave him with many questions either, with the only exception being whether or not living things could be stored inside.
 
Max eventually decided that whatever this was might very well be his golden chance to get out of this. If there was another world out there, then surely he could profit from it, right? He could, one way or another, make money, maybe by selling modern goods in a medieval world? Or if it was another modern world, he could just become a criminal there, right? I mean, He'd turn into something he wouldn't be proud of, but if it was for his family, then.......Either way, Good things didn't come by themselves, and Max decided he had to prepare basic necessities, so looked into his savings. With most of it being paid to those gangsters to keep them at bay, he had about $1200 left for himself. Which wasn't much considering he had been working since he finished high school. Since he was 21 by now, it meant he worked for quite a while already.
 
' Better than nothing. Let's do this! '
 
42