CH 4:- INITIATION TEST
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Ryojin sat down to enjoy his meal, the door suddenly swung open.

Shinra entered the room and locked eyes with Ryojin. Simultaneously, they exclaimed, "YOU!!!"

Ryojin couldn't hide his shock. "What are you doing here?"

Shinra retorted, "Well, I could ask you the same damn thing."

Haruka, sensing tension, interjected, "Do you two know each other?"

Ryojin explained, "Well, I met him at the training ground where he asked me to leave."

Haruka was taken aback. "What? Why would you do that, Shin?"

Shinra deflected the question, saying, "I dont care what this guy doing here. He's a freaking outsider. they're all the same, mocking us at every turn. You should know it more than anyone, Mom"

Ryojin, surprised by this revelation, couldn't help but blurt out, "Mom?"

Haruka replied," Not all of them are like that"

Shinra replied," Tell that to him and his creepy smile"

Ryojin, feeling misunderstood, protested, "Hey, my smile's not creepy, and I wasn't mocking you. I can smile properly, see..."

Ryojin attempted to smile, but it came out as eerie. Both Shinra and Haruka stared at him wide-eyed.

Haruka offered some advice, "Ryojin, you shouldn't do that to anyone; they might think you're thinking of something else."

Ryojin, perplexed, asked, "What? Is it that creepy?"

Shinra nodded, confirming, "Yeah."

Haruka attempted to diffuse the situation, suggesting, "Okay, this seems like a misunderstanding between both of you. Why don't you two make amends?"

Meanwhile Ryojin sat there with a defeated look, contemplating his whole life.

Shinra remained skeptical, declaring, "I dont care, I'm going to freshen up"

Shinra walked away, heading upstairs.

Haruka called after him, "Shin, come on, at least eat your food,"

Shinra continued heading upstairs ignoring his mom Haruka. "dont worry about him, that brat is like that to everyone but his heart is in the right place"

Ryojin continued to enjoy his meal, relishing the delicious Miso pork cutlets.

The following day, Shinra was walking with another disciple who was a close childhood friend of his, Kenjuro Shiba

As they strolled, kenjuro couldn't contain his amusement and burst into laughter" wait, wait, wait, so you're telling me the newbie you picked a fight with yesterday is living at your house." He chuckled, clearly finding Shinra's predicament amusing 

Shinra nodded, with a hint of annoyment in his face, "yeah, he was just stuffing his face with my mom's stupid cutlets"

Kenjuro's eyes widened with disbelief," wait your mom made her special Miso Pork cutlets and you didn't call me you asshole and I thought we were friends and you're probably the only one person who doesn't lik....."

Their conversation was cut short while they noticed a small crowd gathered around.

Curious, they moved closer to see what was causing the commotion.

Ryojin approached Kiba, the guild's martial arts instructor, and made a bold declaration.

Ryojin expressed his intent, "I would like to join the guild as a martial arts disciple, sir."

Shinra, shocked by Ryojin's audacity, couldn't contain his outburst. "What is that idiot doing?"

Meanwhile Kenjuro was standing and looking amused with the unexpected turn of events.

Kiba, the martial arts instructor, stood their with his eyes slightly glowing as if he was observing Ryojin.

Shinra persisted, "Sir!!! You can't let him join the guild."

Kiba signaled for Shinra to cease his objections with a simple gesture of his hand.

Kiba addressed Ryojin, "I'm sorry, Ryojin. I can't let you in. We have no idea where you are from or which family you belong to.

Accepting you could be disastrous for us. Our guild is nearly rundown, both economically and socially.

We only have a few talented individuals, and adding a new disciple at this time would not be in our best interest."

Ryojin, undeterred, replied, "Sir, I'm an orphan. I don't belong to any guild or any family. As for martial arts, I'm willing to learn and work hard to excel."

Kiba paused for a moment while considering Ryojin's request and then proposed a challenge. "All right, how about this? I will give you a martial arts journal containing some sword movements.

If you can defeat Shinra here in one month using only the techniques from this journal, I will consider letting you join our guild."

Shinra protested again, "Sir!"

Ignoring Shinra's objections, Kiba continued, "Shinra is our best disciple, and I'm only making this offer because I believe you won't win the duel.

Joining our guild may not benefit you or us. However, if I'm satisfied with your skills, I might reconsider.

To level the playing field, you both will only be allowed to use the movements from the martial arts journal.

Kiba sternly looked at Ryojin with a serious face and asked again, "Now, do you still want to do this?"

0