chapter 53 : New Slave
377 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After giving the coins to luna , luna and the party moved towards the slave trader . There are two slave traders in the capital , one in commoner district and one in noble district.

The two slave traders come from the same family , the only difference being the slave trader in commoner area only sells low level slaves while the one in noble area can also sell high level and ranking slaves some even nobles , the very high level slaves and nobles are sold though an auction.

“So this is the slave trader ?”

“Yes young master , we just have to go in and pay the transfer price and then they can use their artifact to transfer the slave seal.”

“So how much is the fee and who is going to pay ?”

“The fee should be about 70-80 silver and we can do 20-80 as I own her , I should be paying more.”

Whatever she said made absolutely no sense , gin and aria who were unaware of the reason for it were shocked hearing what luna just said but ruth who knew just smiled thinking the hypnosis skill is working albeit not at its full power.

The slave trader’s store was rather big , the store was 2 storey just like luna’s store but its size was at the very least 4 times the former.

The place was quite maintained from the outside and 2 beastkin which were just cat people,  stood at the door as guards.

As luna and the others started going inside the store , the two guards bowed their heads a little opening the door letting us inside .

As soon as ruth got inside , he saw cages numbering almost a hundred . These cages had from cat person to lizardfolk and even a few lamias . Except a few , almost everyone was skinny and underfed .

Ruth didn’t waste any time and used [observe] on everyone he saw , the cat persons were all weak , simply because of their race . The lizard folk were rather strong despite being so slim , they had a few scales and their stats were focused around vit and strength which means they are good for melee type builds.

The lamias somehow all had potion making class , ruth knew lamias were famous and known for it but having everyone to be the same is just weird . Though they were all potion makers none of them had a class as high as aria .

As far as ruth knew the world , the natives have no way to evolve their skill even if they can evolve their race , as goblins can evolve to hobs and those to orcs , but the natives simply cant evolve class like ruth does.

And after the observation ruth came to the conclusion that each and everyone of these slaves was worthless and not useful to him.

“What can I help you young master and miss” said a middle aged man that wore brown suit and looked strong .

[observe]
[error !]

“We had a slave that needed to be transferred , how much is going to be the charge for that” asked luna to the middle aged man

“Is it that lamia that we are trying to transfer owners for ?”

“Yes”

“In that case the price will be 1 gold , both the new and old owners have to be present for the transfer to be successful”

“We have all the people here and heres your money .” Luna gave a gold coin to the middle aged man.

“You can pay the 20 silver to me later” luna turned her head towards ruth and spoke in a low voice to which ruth simply nodded.

Walking through a door the party reached a new room that was way smaller than the old one and looked more like a lab than a simple room.

“Lamia lay on the bed and have your slave seal face upwards” said the man to aria as he pointed to the single bed in the room. The bed was basically just few metal rods attached to a mattress from underneath with no side railings.

Aria nodded and without showing any fear or worry laid on the bed as she laid down facing downwards , but her chest was too big to allow that as her head was not able to touch the mattress and was in a very uncomfortable position.

The man walked back a bit and from a table retrieved a artifact , the artifact looked like a cube with some strange drawings on it , the drawing were nothing else but magic circles which were responsible for the artifact to work.

The man walked towards the aria , he held the artifact with both his hands and soon the artifact glowed green , he put the artifact on the back of aria and soon it started to hover a few inches from the skin and then a green light radiating magic circle was seen on the skin of aria.

Ruth and gin who saw this happening for the first time in their life were a bit shocked but didn’t let it show on their face.

“The transferor please step forward and drop blood on the seal.” The man announced looking towards ruth and the group ,

Hearing the man , luna stepped forward and bit her thumb as she dropped a few drops of blood on the green seal and backed off .

The seal ‘absorbed’ the blood drops and changed colour , it went from a bright green to a light blue and seeing the colour change the man looked towards ruth again and said,

“The transferee please step forward and drop blood on the seal”

Ruth walked forward and bit his thumb dropping blood on the blue radiating seal , the blood dropped on the seal and like before it absorbed the blood before changing the color back to the bright green.

Ruth felt a weird connection to the seal and then the lamia , aria .

“The transfer is now done , the slave lamia has been successfully transferred from the lady to the young man” announced the man as he backed off and put the artifact back to its place.

“Is there anything to your fancy young master , we have a lot of good products here”

“Hmm , do you have a slave that has ‘skills’ related to engineering or construction here ?” aske ruth to the man. The skills ruth mentioned weren’t the actually skill from system but the literal skills a person may have , like how you have the skill to read smut all day and jer… cough .. Cough..

“That is a very specific request , we as of now do not have any such slaves but the branch in the noble district might have some , I would suggest you try your luck there”

“Its alright when I ever visit the place I will try my luck ,now that we are done we will take our leave” ruth said as he respectfully left the place.

Ruth was indifferent to weak but to the strong he acted as he should , he might love disrespecting people he loved his life more.

The crew left the store and stood in front of the store ,

“I will take my leave young master as I have some potions to brew which should be ready in 3 days .” Luna said with a slight bow of her head.

“Okay then I will send someone to fetch the potions in 3 days , do keep in mind to not delay the delivery” ruth said as he also gave the remaining 20 silver to the lady ,

Luna again bowed slightly and nodded as she walked towards her store.

“So my new slave , aria right ?”

“Yes mas-master”

“Do you know why I bought you ?” ruth asked as he looked and checked her body from the top to the bottom.

“N-no I don’t master , but I believe master wishes to open a potion store”

“Nope my dear slave , I don’t want to open a potion store from the potions you make but want them only for personal needs , do not disappoint me”

“M-master my old master used to say I have no potion making talent , please I am very sorry master but I have no skills . I am very sorry…

“Hahaha , first of all don't call that bitch master , your one and only master is me and secondly as your master I am the only one with the right to decide your worth.”

“So don’t be dispirited just do your best .” Said ruth to aria , as she went front scared and apologizing to awed and motivated to work for her master.

Ruth wasn’t being good to her out of goodwill or something he just wanted to shit talk about that disgusting lady , no hate to flat girls but luna had no charms and just looked disgusting .

aria had been sold to luna when she was only 13 , not even adult by this world’s standard. During all this time when she was trained by luna she was always beaten and punished everytime she did something wrong or something not against the instructions by luna.

Everytime she got punished , she was disheartened , she lost her confidence in herself and because the native don’t even know their class evolutions she didn’t knew about her true value and was always treated like a garbage .

Was aria bad in her potion making ? Nope it was quite the contrary , she was too good , but to get to that final product she had to follow her instincts which she wasn’t allowed to ever follow . Luna forced aria to follow her crappy advices which made not so quality products but even those were turned better by aria , so good in fact that luna could never be compared to her .

Whatever goodness she just experienced from ruth was more than she ever got from luna throughout her life , it was so overwhelming for someone like her that who was always thrashed and punished .

The emotions overflowed as she couldn’t hold them in as her eyes became misty and slowly tears started to flow out of her eyes.

*sob**sob*

Her head was bowed but she bowed it even lower as she used her palms to wipe the tears away.

Nothing was unnoticed by ruth but he simply decided to not act and stayed silent. After she calmed down he looked at both of his slaves with him and said,

“You know what , I was thinking about going back to village but now that we are here we should utilize the time as there is still time before sunset so lets buy some more things.”

Ruth took out the map from his pocket(inventory) and went through many different stores buying a lot of things.

Some were potion ingredients for aria while some were stuff ruth planned to get for his goblins , these things were ropes , iron tools , swords , strong bows , wooden furniture , clothes , books about constructions and recipes for making different building pastes like concrete.

The stuff wasn’t in any way sufficient for them to use it but it was just to give them a prototype to work towards and create .

It ruth were to give these items to the goblins they will learn to make and use them and slowly create them while being completely self sufficient , this plan only has one flaw , they have the final product but not the base components its built from and will need to be provided those and hence ruth’s work isn’t done with giving the goblins the stuff once.

He will probably have to give them lots of different stuff next time to teach them but it will all definitely worth it in the future .

 

# i hope the last few chapters have been an improvement from the older ones , i have started to use 3rd person more as it makes the story more natural and like a story rather than a work log .
# i have also started to write more descriptions about stuff and i hope it is working in , and as usual any criticism is welcomed so don't hold anything in and comment anything you have in mind ... thank you : )

5