chapter 58 : MistaWolves
365 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Footstep sounds were echoing in the forest where mauve and ruth were headed , their speed was faster than any of the goblins could achieve and hence the goblin party they formed was lagging a few hundred meters .

And suddenly all the footsteps diminished ,

“Its here ?”

“Yes master , scouts reported that a mista wolf pack is hiding in those crevices , considering how they are hiding they shouldn’t have an haze wolf yet”

“What are their number estimates ?”

“We estimated about 25 wolves .”

“Just remember , do not kill them unless i order to do so”

Mauve nodded her head and saw her master getting ready to fight , ruth pulled out a big and good sized sword out of thin air and swinged it a few times and nodded to himself.

Mauve also got up , her job wasn’t to get in the fight herself but help her master from the sideways and even that only when he asks her to .

Ruth wasn’t strong enough to fight them alone neither was he going to , he just wanted to test his skills he learnt from emma and trying to gauge his strength against the monsters of this world.

Ruth ran towards the crevice , its opening was large enough to have a few goblins pass through it side to side and even more with the length of the crevice .

And seeing the size of the crevice ruth’s doubts about the numbers were cleared , he moved and when he was about 10 meters from the opening he stopped.

Stopping on the giant stone floor , he got a hammer out of his inventory and bashed it on the stone ,

*boom**boom*

He made several beating sounds to lure and bait the wolves , and soon sounds were heard , these sounds seemed similar to footsteps while also being different .

And in a few moments about 6 wolves were standing against ruth , these wolves had blue color and their features and design was similar to eurasian wolfs .

The wolves were bigger than ruth had hopped them to be , the dimensions easily crossing 1m x .7m x 1.5m . They were bigger than most goblins and only a few odd cm short from a human adult or a hob.

The wolves stood in a steadfast line and their eyes scanned the surrounding , they were growling at their target hoping they could scare him off but ,

Ruth who saw the wolves and used [observe] on them saw that these wolves were only averaging about level 25 , and even if all 6 fought against him they would lose but the problem was ruth wasn’t supposed to kill them.

And when your opponent is determined to kill you and you can’t do the same , you are at a very high disadvantage due to the handicap .

Ruth kept his hammer in the left hand and the sword in his dominant right hand . Using the stone as a launchpad he pushed hard and launched towards the wolves at fast speeds.

The speeds weren’t mach-1 fast or something as he achieved with his fight with matthios in solhaven, but fast enough to give these low level wolves a disadvantage.

*boom*

*thud*

Ruth swinged his hammer towards a wolf's head and the wolf was slow to react to it , he tried dodging the hit but the speed of ruth's lunge and swing was too fast and he could move like a few inches but even then the face of hammer was big enough to compensate for the minute movements.

The wolf was hit by the hammer and with a loud thud he fell on the ground , its skull bone most likely broken but not in a state of immediate danger ,

The rest of the wolves were now scattered , each moving in a way as they circled around ruth .

Ruth was in the middle surrounded by the wolves , the wolves were scared but even then had a growl of a predator trying to say to their prey to not resist , it wont work here though because the prey here was ruth .

Ruth rotated in a full circle keeping in the movements of all the wolves and ,

*boom*

All the 5 wolves lunged forward at the same time with their claws out with the intent of killing him , their speed was fast but not fast enough for ruth to be not able to see.

Ruth saw the attack and bent forward missing two wolves as they went over his body ,using the sword to cut a wolf’s leg and with the hammer stopping the attack of another wolf , one wolf was still left to block,

The last wolf’s attack connected with ruth’s body and with its paw tore through ruth’s left leg .

"gghh" ruth grunted lightly with pain , 

The left leg lost half of its skin and was bleeding profusely . His muscles were torn through and lost the strength to even function properly.

Ruth lost his footing and fell on the ground with his face up and back to the ground , the wolf who was hit with the hammer was also on the ground unconscious .

Now ruth was against the 4 left wolves , the wolf who was hit with a sword was limping with the chopped off leg .

[heal]

Ruth’s leg was healed back and slowly he regained the strength in his leg to start and stand up but not giving him any time the wolves lunged forward again .

Ruth who was in the middle to trying to get up saw the 4 wolves lunging towards him but this time even though he could see the attacks his advantage of speed was stolen as he couldn’t dodge in time due to the leg or make big movements.

He swinged his sword and the wolf with broken leg was hit again this time in the neck and he died , the sword's swing also hit another wolf in the leg and the leg was cut off.

Simultaneously he also swinged his hammer with the left hand and hit a wolf in the head ,the wolf dropped on the ground unconscious but just like the last time one wolf managed to get away from his attacks and his claws met with ruth’s body.

The claws this time tore through ruth’s right hand that had held the sword , the hand along with the sword held into it fell on the ground as blood started to gush out of the cut.

[heal]

The hand healed back on but the chopped hand was still on the ground but ruth didn’t have so much time to pick that dropped sword , he pulled out another sword from his inventory and held on his right hand.

Only 2 wolves were left now , one had no major injuries on the body while one had a leg chopped off.

The two wolves stood across each other still trying to keep ruth in the center and circling around him but ruth who was healed due to heal and had no more injuries felt the two wolves as child’s play.

Before the wolves could attack , ruth lunged forward toward the undamaged wolf and swinged the hammer to its head and with a loud boom and then a loud thud the wolf dropped to the ground , alive but barely.

The last wolf with the chopped leg had no way of surviving or getting out of it now , he just accepted his defeat and lowered his head in fear as his body was shaking , he had never in his life seen a human so strong.

He had killed many humans that came inside the forest to hunt monsters but none of them was this strong , not only this human managed to defeat 6 wolves together but he also didn’t did so with the intention to kill them , except the one unlucky guy.

Ruth saw the last wolf had dropped all the resistance and accepted defeat , he walked towards him and stood in front of him , the wolf shivered in fear of what might come next.

Ruth forced the wolf’s jaw open and pulled out a vial from his inventory , the vial had his blood in it and from the vial he poured some blood in the wolf’s mouth .

The wolf who didn’t understand what was happening was worried but he still gulped all the liquid that was poured in his mouth.

[1 new target under mind control]
[mista wolf - level 23]

[mind control : 1%……50%…..100%]
[mista wolf has been mind dominated]

“Can you understand me ?”

The wolf was surprised as he understood what the human meant and nodded his head.

Ruth nodded his head too and with his hands gestured for mauve to come and handle to raid from here on .

Ruth was almost beaten by the 6 wolves had there been more who came out he would have lost badly , he wouldn’t have died because of his standby team but still would have lost badly .

Ruth was strong and even learnt how to fight but he wasn’t proficient in fighting and even more so when outnumbered.

The wolf saw the human in front of him and somehow his mind felt the need to not call him a human but master ? His mind had the urge to become that human’s slave and call him master.

The wolf saw his master gesturing something with his hands towards a certain direction and he tilted his head to that direction and what he saw sent shiver down his spines.

The direction his master gestured had goblins coming in that carried sharp weapons , the goblins numbered more than a 100 and the scariest of all were the 6 goblins that were taller and stronger than any of the rest.

The 6 goblins were hobs and one of them was mauve who led the whole team , the party came forward and bowed their heads.

“You saw how I didn’t kill them and just knocked them out right ? Just do the same to all the ones that are inside and carry their bodies outside”

The goblins nodded their head and with the command from mauve they all rushed into the crevice , the crevice wasn’t very large but it was  still big enough to have the troops enter in with decent quantity and rate.

Ruth just stood near his new slave and tried to check a few things .

“Speak”

“Ooowwwww”

“Well , thats weird . So you can understand my language but not speak them huh”

The wolf just tilted his head as he didn’t knew what was going on but just did as his master told him to.

The two waited at the entrance and before the whole party could even enter the crevice the goblins started to return from inside .

At first were the goblins that last entered and they had done nothing and slowly came the hobs and a few other goblins that entered the crevice from the front lines , the hobs were carrying 1 wolf each and the goblins were carrying 1 wolf per 2 goblins.

All the wolves were taken out and then placed near the ones that were unconscious during the fight with ruth .

Ruth gave them a few vials of his blood and then ordered them to make the wolves drink the blood .

The vials of blood ruth carried don’t rot because of the inventory and hence when he gets the chance to , he just fills up these vials which makes it easier to distribute his blood especially when he is not around.

[27 new targets under mind control]
[mista wolfs x27]

 

#free character illustrations at patreon.com/sanssyyy             [ no free nsfw because it gets flagged ]
#the same is available at discord : discord.gg/HsakQhYzPf    [has free nsfw]

4