Chapter 60 : Battle With Murk Wolf
157 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The duo on the wolf traveled across a few large trees and obstacles and then they finally got to the place of fight ,

During their time here travelling to the battle spot , ruth had already gotten a few notifications from the system informing the deaths of a few goblins .

Ruth being ruth wasn’t really worried or sympathetic about their death but was scared of what might they be fighting against for them to be losing their numbers although slowly.

When they got to the place , the two saw a huge wolf , a dark blue colored wolf with very large grey stripes on its body going from the tail to the head , where the wolf had a large cluster of long and spiky dark grey and blackish fur making it look like a crown while also being dominating.

The wolf was about 5 times the size of the mista wolf they were riding upon but its speed contradicting its weight and being even faster than the fastest of the mista wolves.

The murk wolf , as they call it is a evolution from mista wolf and the wolf was currently surrounded by the few of hobs and about a hundred goblins but even with that force the wolf didn’t seem that scared or it made itself appear that way.

The wolf was jumping and growling while chipping away small bites and slashes at the surrounding goblins .

As of now total of 12 goblins have died but no hob and looking at the current scene it was very obvious to ruth that the wolf isn’t really that strong but making a facade about it , its weak and is only attacking the weaker goblins trying to scare the rest which was almost improbable.

[observe]
[murk wolf - level 52]

But did it really thought that was going to work ? Ruth was confused about why the wolf was acting like this and linking it to the quest he got about ‘killing’ it , in his previous quests he had seen ‘dominate’ them but it didn’t say about dominating the wolf but only killing him,

But that also didn’t make any sense to ruth because how can a normal wolf be untamed when the system is talking about dominating wyvern in the final quest .

And not possibly finding an answer ruth just pushed the question to the back of his mind and got his attention to the battlefield ,

Ruth by no standards was scared , he was probably as strong as mauve with her staff just with his raw stats not even using the combat style meaning the strongest in the entire camp and his small army of slaves and all that without even using all of his strength.

And seeing how the wolf isn’t trying to attack the hobs just means its weaker than them , ruth even if he can’t kill the wolf in a single strike there is nothing intimidating about it.

“Master , the murk wolf has no mista wolves following him and now after looking at the surrounding it seems the wolf was a part of the pack we just tamed and ran away and just recently evolved at the very maximum of 1 week before.” Mauve informed her master who just got out of his thoughts .

“Well that explains …. To be honest it doesn’t really explain anything I was thinking about but yea good job” ruth said as he relaxed a little and patted her head ,

Mauve who just got her head patted smiled and blushed slightly , just a few minutes before she was almost about to have sex with her master but now even the slight pat got her like that.

But she wasn’t completely in a daze but was thinking what her master meant trying her hardest to help her master in whatever way she could but she couldn’t come up with what her master meant with that statement.

She saw her master getting relaxed but she herself didn’t relax even a little bit , as his ‘maid’ , she won’t ever be able to do so even if her master said .

Ruth who obviously saw the way mauve was just chuckled a little and said ,

“You know , if you really want to fight so hard you can also join them”

Mauve was a bit startled by the sudden words of her master and a little confused too but none the less nodded and ran towards the murk wolf .

Ruth who knew that mauve didn’t wanted to fight but only protect him was again laughing and enjoying his time with his maid .

She was now about 10 meters from the wolf and fired a few fireballs at the same time towards the wolf , he dodged a few but even then 3 fireballs hit it , two on its torso and 1 on its rear limb .

The fireball didn’t really did any significant damage like blowing the part up but it did hurt enough to make the wolf growl in pain and stumble away from the maid .

But the hobs and goblins didn’t let the wolf get away like that , they charged upon him with their swords and attacked the same way they were doing before.

The wolf from the very start had no chance against them even without mauve there but with her being there the death toll was decreased and the hunt was made faster .

but just as the wolf was about to be killed , something happened and no one knew what it really was,

the half dead murk wolf which lay on the ground bloodied and torn apart in places was suddenly not visible but it wasn't just the wolf that was not visible because the wolf had somehow managed to create a very dark smoke in the area blocking a lot of light and making those inside the smoke very close to being blind.

though the skill was useful and could have saved the wolf had it used it before but it was too late now , the wolf was already too injured to save itself from the relentless charges from mauve and the other goblins.

in the dark smoke mauve's fireballs became small sources of light illuminating the smoke for a minute time in a very small range but it was enough for the mob to see the struggling wolf and then,

[murk wolf - level 52 has been killed]

Ruth just saw the scene and then the notification he got from the system and laughed , some people may call him lazy but he was only being so when he had the leisure to be so , when he is required to work and not be lazy he does it but it all depends on what the situation requires him to be.

and slowly the dark smoke dispersed into the air making everything visible again , the goblins came into view but unlike ruth imagined there was no goblin that was even the slightest of worried or scared , they all had the eyes and aura of a killer despite their low levels.

“Good job guys , we lost 14 goblins and 1 wolf but that was for the greater good , we killed a murk wolf and it just means that the guys that died were just weak . We have to get better and stronger for the camp , for me !!” ruth announced to all the hunting party members as they showed joy after killing the wolf.

Not a single goblin felt sad for the lost one neither angry to their master for treating them like this , they knew what and how they are meant to act .

[Quest Completed : kill the murk wolf]
[claiming the rewards]
[added 1000 cruz coins]

Ruth as always smiled and felt good about the loyalty and servitude of his goblin slaves and just signaled them to move to the camp and for a few to carry the corpse of that wolf.

But he was still standing where he was standing the whole time and looking at his screen as he smiled even harder by looking at something .

[shop]
[attribute : basic mana control : 2400 cruz coins]
[cruz coin balance : 2450 ]

‘Buy that shit now’

[purchased attribute : basic mana control for 2400 cruz coins]

[attribute : basic mana control : Enables the user to control basic levels of air, water, earth, and fire mana elements, but limited to a beginner's proficiency. While the user can handle and use them effectively, combining more than two mana elements at once or creating complex mana combinations is beyond their capability. This mana control doesn't reduce the cost of using mana and carries the same mental strain as any regular skill. ]

“Hahahahaha”

‘I have no idea what this mana deduction and stuff actually means but just the face that I can now use mana just made me stronger than anyone as same level as me’ ruth thought to himself as he looked at the screen and thought different things.

The main reason for his confidence was the fact that he knew natives can’t access shop to buy skills and attributes and most don’t even possess attributes at all .

Ruth just laughed loudly  but even then couldn’t contain his happiness and mauve who stood beside him saw her master’s joy and felt good too , she didn’t knew why he was so happy but just related it to the killing of the murk wolf .

Ruth laughed for a while and after he recomposed himself got to check his new attribute that should make him way stronger than he already was.

Leaving his wolf and mauve behind he walked forward and stood where the battle took place as it left a open space for him to test a few things.

First thing was how to activate the attribute but when he was trying he felt at first a very faint idea on it but as he focus more and more the presence felt very bright and somehow understood a lot about mana without even doing anything.

He felt a little headache for a very short time but it was healed just as fast as it came , as he somehow knew how to use mana ,

He opened his hands and focusing a bit created a ball of wire on top of his palm , the fire was close to him while he did feel the heat from it , the fireball itself wasn’t very hot to burn him instantly .

He ‘broke’ the fireball , he just simply stopped thinking about the fireball and stopped any mana from moving towards it simply killing the fireball ,

With the same hand he then created a ball of water followed by a ball made of high speed air revolving on itself and at the very end a sphere of rock.

Mauve who was standing near the wolf was observing what her master was doing , at first he opened his palms and just stood there with his eyes closed and then opened them back and just a few moments later created a ball of fire .

Mauve’s lips curled upwards in a smile , she just saw her master create fire which she couldn’t without her staff that she found in a cave in the forest .

But her smile was short lived , after a few seconds passed with the fireball , her master destroyed the fireball and then somehow created a ball of water and then a ball of air and at the very last a ball of rock .

Mauve’s eyes opened wide in shock , she knew her master was strong and special but she never knew he was this strong .

Mauve actually didn’t knew anything about mana or how aptitudes worked or how people do not usually have access to multiple aptitudes simultaneously was in shock as she was comparing it to her and the goblins ,

To her creating a fireball with hands was miracle enough but her master also had the power to create water , air and even earth . To her , her master that was already in a very high status just destroyed the boundary and became almost a god , the almighty being .

‘Hmm , its not as bad as I thought when I read the limitation to 2 element at a time but having access to mana itself is really good I guess’ ruth thought .

Thinking a few more things , he turned back and saw the face of her maid , her eyes were wide spread and her face was shocked as she saw a ghost , ruth didn’t knew what happened but considering she didn’t tell him it shouldn’t be a danger at least.

“Lets get going or you want to look at that tree for a few more minutes ?” ruth spoke teasingly ,

Mauve woke from her stupor and her face turned red from embarrassment and just got on the wolf.

Ruth smiled seeing her maid act like that and just got behind her on the wolf and the two left for the camp following behind their troops.

#free character illustrations at patreon.com/sanssyyy             [ no free nsfw because it gets flagged ]
#the same is available at discord : discord.gg/HsakQhYzPf    [has free nsfw]

6