Witch Princess: Part 1: Chapter 0 – Prologue
1.8k 8 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 
PROLOGUE
 
“Tie her,” Cassivan mumbled.
 
“Cassivan,” Amirya begged. Hale, with a firm grip on her upper arm, jerked her forward to the wooden post and pushed her back against it. Several hands descended at once. They tied her ankles and chest to the pole. 
 
“You’re still my brother,” Amirya cried. “I know you don’t like me, but we, you and I, we’re still-”
 
Terror took over when she knew he would not look at her. Not even one glance - when he’s the one that sentenced her to death. Tears trailed down as her lips trembled. She could not move against the restraints and did not resist the hyperventilation overwhelming her, which drew out awful hiccuping and choking sounds. Cassivan refused to look at her, still.
 
She came. The demon queen, the kingdom called her. She emerged from the horizon, a grotesque image to behold. The inside of her chest was exposed; thick black tendrils bulged out from her white sternum and crawled outward, lapping over each other and entangled around her like ropes. The uncovered parts of her skin had purple and black prominent veins that looked like lightening. Her limbs were completely engulfed within that black mass which shaped itself to appear like taloned feet, clawed arms, and on her head - a spiked crown that covered her eyes. It created additional limbs: two more sets of arms, three tails, and wings. Long, straight, and glistening silver hair fluttered beneath the mock crown.
 
Her demonic monsters trailed behind her in different shapes of all the creatures that had been turned with that terrible black ooze bubbling from their bodies. If any part of their original bodies remained, pulsating dark veins covered them.
 
Amirya couldn’t breathe. This thing wanted to kill her.
 
“Brother,” she stuttered, squeezing her eyes shut. “Please. Please. Don’t. Th… think about this.”
 
Hale raised his arm, but Cassivan barked at him to settle down.
 
“For once,” Cassivan started, his voice harsh, “don’t think of only yourself. This is what’s right for the kingdom. It’ll be over in a moment, so just. Close your eyes and shut up. Do one good thing.” He did not look at her. “Think of it as, as being put out from your misery.”
 
“The… princess…” the queen rasped. 
 
Cassivan did not move. He glanced at the demon queen but flinched and turned his head away again.
 
Hale strode forward and spoke for him, “You! With this, keep your agreement, climb back through those forsaken portals.”
 
“We never… agreed to go through… the portals…” she stalked slowly forward, the tails swishing agitatedly. “We agreed… stay away from the kingdom… stay in the lands we have conquered… for two hundred and fifty human years… in this world.”
 
Though she spoke to Hale and the prince, she focused fully on Amirya. Amirya shook her head in a no and called for Cassivan. The rising desperation of her voice stung the air. A sizzling, buzzing sound crept above her like something was cracking.
 
“...We accept.” Hale called. He stepped away from the post but continued to watch, a fascinated gleam in his eye. The smallest upturn on the corner of his mouth. Cassivan turned around fully and began to walk away.
 
Amirya screamed his name and then ‘brother.’
 
The Demon Queen raised one of her back arms, the claw and limb extending and enlarging. It rushed forward. Five sharp stabs - in her chest, in her ribs, in her stomach. A tail pierced through the other side of her. She could not make a sound. Something ripped open in the air above her, pink and blue, but it all went black before she could understand what she saw.
 
2utTgJa.png
*Demon Queen*
66