The uncrowned Queen
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Simon was acting as a psychologist right now. This began when he entered the cave and began to hear Camille complains about the dwarves. Then she started to talk about her illusions about them and how disappointed she was through all these years where the dwarves didn't treat her with the care she wanted when they signed their agreement.

Yes, he was hearing the complaint of a narcissist being. He was pretending to understand her with simple nods as he was drawing on the floor a dog. It was his old pet 'Moon'. A pretty dumb one if he had to say.

"Those monkeys! They dare to send someone TWO WEEKS LATER. What if something happened to me? Weren't they the ones who said they would be my fist and would carry my will? I didn't complain to them before as I was ashamed to tell them that a noble human was speaking shit about me... well it's not like I expected them to fight my battles but it annoys me that someone doesn't hold his words"

This was how he spent at least a few hours. He was so bored that he was able to enter into an illuminated state where he was ascending his thoughts. Where he found himself being able to accept that he was a man of culture.

Camille was oblivious to Simon ascension to a higher being as she continued to complain about the dwarves' uselessness.

But what did she noticed is that he wasn't paying her attention as he was closing his eyes, while there was something going under his pants as it appeared to be a tent. Sure enough, she became angry, but it diminishes as she began to remember that Simon was a normal human and that it has been a few weeks since he started to live with her.

She did know that humans were beings that followed their instinct, as they live much short than most of the races when she ventured to their cities she did see how much they need to relieve their urges. But still, even if she knows this, looking at him like that makes her feel uncomfortable and a little bit annoyed.

"Hey, you. Take care of yourself and come here again, I decided to start going to teach you a few things." She touched his head with her claw as mana spread through Simon's body. With that touch, Simon's enlightenment was disrupted. He looked at her in confusion as he didn't hear what she said before waking up him.

"Didn't you hear me? Go and do something about your tent, is uncomfortable being near you while you are in that state" Camille said once again and with a flick of her claws. Simon appeared outside.

Simon's face was full of interrogative signs as he didn't understand what's going on. Then he started to check himself, it was then that he noticed his raging boner. He chuckled and said to himself.

"it's not like it's my fault, I am a man, after all, you know" Knowing that she could hear him he tried to cool down his head. He felt uncomfortable knowing that she would know if he relieved himself.

'I need to find a way later, but sure it helps a lot being here, I didn't even think about it before this' He thought.

Camille didn't hear any strange sound from him. So she asked.

"Are you done? If you did, then tell me so I can start testing you." 

He smiled sightly hearing what she said, maybe it was how naive she can be sometimes but he noticed that she seems to overlook common sense.

Simon makes sure that everything with him was fine and said loud.

"Yes, I'm okay, you can take me there." As soon as he finished he appeared in front of the gigantic body of Camille, she looked at him as if she were searching for something.

"You don't have any magic channel in your body, how strange, even if you were cripple this shouldn't happen..."  

Simon was staring at her without knowing what does she meant.

'Don't tell me that I'm like those young masters in books that are incapable of doing anything... As ever my luck is incredible huh' He began to mock himself in his head as he started to feel down. 

"I don't know what you've been doing but there's something bad?" he asked in a dispirited voice.

Camille notice this and she thought that maybe he already has an idea of his body.

"Yes, I was seeing if you have the capabilities to learn magic, but I found that you didn't even have any magic channel. Do you know why is this? I haven't seen anyone without magic channels." She stared at him.

'The hell!? you're supposed to be a dragon, God damn! But well, maybe its because I'm a normal human from earth I guess?... But that couldn't be possible as my old body die. I don't believe that they take my corpse from Earth and then put my soul in it again. So maybe this is something from that God. He probably has done something to it... but why?' Seeing that he was lost at his thoughts. Camille waited for him, but the minutes began to pass and she started to become impatient. 

she couldn't take it anymore so she said.

"Simon, answer me." 

He snapped back and said.

"Uh! yes-yes-yes. Well, you see I don't know exactly why my body doesn't have that thing you said, But I think it has to be something related to where I came from, we're not able to use magic or any kind of power, so we use tools to do-"

"I don't care about what you people do, so you said everyone there is unable to use magic or any kind of blessing?" Camille cut him out as she asked.

"How rude of you! And yeah, everyone there is unable to use those things." Simon looked at her with death pan expression in his face. He began to accustom himself to her rudeness behavior.

"Well pity for you, because you're not able to use magic, so you are pretty much in trouble, however, if you pledge loyalty to me I promised you that I will protect you an-" Simon didn't let Camille finish her sentence as he said.

"That's not going to happen, also I'm quite sure that I'm able to use magic, probably you do not have the required knowledge to see through my special body." Simon closed his eyes and put both of his arms in front of him as he assumed a cocky posture.

'Yes, there's no way that I'll be unable to use magic or something, like in those stories I will be a special entity or something. Though is a pity that I didn't choose something better when the God asked me, well I wasn't my fault anyway.' 

Camille looked at him with a cold gaze and with disdain. She thought he was a fool for lying himself.

'But he does seem to believe what he said.'

"If you are that sure, why is so that you have stayed here with me in the first place?. I remember you said to me that If you ever go to any human town or city you would have been easily bullied..." She teased him.

Simon's expression twitched a little as he heard her. But he still maintained his appearance as he said to her.

"That's true because at this moment I'm unable to do anything on my own, but that's doesn't mean I don't have a special body."

Camille contained her laugh while she also acknowledges what he said, mages often cherish special bodies and unique abilities, still, she asked him in a teasing tone.

 

"Why are you so sure that you have a special body? I am a dragon that surpassed most of the knowledge that any Mage has in this world, as there are few exceptions but I am pretty sure that they would have said the same to you. Why you are being so stubborn and don't want to accept my goodwill?" 

She was truly intrigued by him, she often heard him talking in manners that surpassed most of the wise people she has met in her life, although he has some problems with his personality as she saw him being absent-minded during times.

When she finished Simon facade falls down, and with a long sigh, he said to her.

"I want to believe that I am not trash, I have a bad life previously so I thought this could be a good chance to start all over again with something at my favor, but now that you said that I'm starting to think otherwise." There was a glint of hope in his eyes when he talked.

"How about this? I will stay here and help you with whatever you want that is in my capabilities, I saw that you have a problem to talk with to strangers so maybe I could help you with this, in exchange, I only ask for help to see if you could do something with my body. How is it?"  

She looked at him and began to laugh. She thought he would say something different.

"At least you have more guts now, to think that you would dare to negotiate with me. But yes I accept anyways, however, I must warn you that it is better for you to not have any hope about being able to use magic or having a blessing, your body is different from any human here. it would be a better idea for you to start to think in other ways to have strength, your race is pretty good at creating things."

Humans were a very creative race, something that they shared with dwarves. As a race that is somewhat lacking in other aspects, they made sure to cover their faults with equipment or machines.

This is the case with an empire in the heart of the north continent, where a powerful and advanced human empire rule among the orcs and demonkind. 

Orcs in this world were one of the most powerful race. They have a robust and powerful body that outmatched every other race. This allows them to have incredible stamina and an explosive force that makes them a nightmare on the battlefield. 

Also, their society makes every individual a capable warrior. 

So saying that is an awesome feature that humans can rule over them is not a small compliment.

Camille watched him carefully. He was much different from the humans she had seen, he was tinnier and a little bit smaller. But by any means he looked like a crippled or disabled person. So she thought that maybe he could have a different capability than the others, this is why she said that to him.

"There are plenty of resources in this mountain that you can make use of it. If you need my help, feel free to tell me as I have plenty of free time." 

Simon has been watching her all this time looking for a good time to start a barrage of questions, so when he saw her relaxing he began.

"Well, there are a few things I want to ask you. For example, since when did you become a Queen?  Having some dwarfs pledging loyalty does not mean that you are a ruler you know?" 

Camille started to regret not having beaten him when he ignored her outburst before. But she tried to calmly answer him.

"You really are good at ignoring people as I see. Answering you, every Dragon that owns or claims a domain is acknowledged as a King or Queen, but it's not common that other races support them. But having the Swarfal swearing loyalty to me make it "official" for the other races. I don't really like to explain everything in detail manner as it is annoying and boring. So yes, having some dwarves pledging me loyalty means that I'm a ruler." She said to him cockily.

"Also every beast and beast kind living in the surrounding area of the mountain has acknowledged me as their ruler by staying under my domain." She raised her head up as she was feeling with pride.

But Simon didn't think that there isn't anything to being pride upon. As he saw she was a poor dragon living in a barren mountain, without any contact with another living being. Thus, this was much different than the image of a Dragon Queen that he has in his head.

"you see, there is a phrase where I came from that said this 'any man who must say, I am the king, is no true king' you can apply this for you..." He said with a low voice.

Camille's body froze up. Simon's words hit hard to her as she began to think about what he said.

She stayed for a minute like that as her tail began to move in erratic ways as she said.

"It's not my fault that I live in this way, I don't know how to act according to how others expect me. I know that maybe I'm not that magnificent as other Dragons, so please be gentle with me okay?..." Camille's mood completely changed as she said to him in an almost pleading tone.

She notices her behavior as she began to feel embarrassed.

'Why I keep opening up myself like that to him? It feels like natural to talk him so openly' 

She didn't know if she began to trust in him, but she often talks to him about how she feels about something.

Simon wasn't surprised by her behavior, as he saw that she seems to be insecure and have low esteem. Also living a lonely life in a mountain probably makes worse for her, or at least is what he seems to think.

He didn't know when it happens but he began to look after him in this manner.

'She deserves more than living in this way, maybe one day I could make her a Coronation that could fit her '

Simon began to be fond of her the more he knows of her.

With a gentle smile and a soft tone, he said to her.

"I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just remarking you so you take it in account for the future. Also, see this as gratitude for letting me stay here and didn't kick me out, but I will try for you to make you feel like a Queen here." 

Camille's tail began to calm as she heard him. He often said things that make her calm down a lot when she found herself stressed or being anxious. So hearing him saying that he would make her feel like a Queen draw her a smile.

"Thank you, Simon."

Simon giggled and show a reverence posture as he said. 

"You are welcome, Queen of monkeys"

1