The voice in the mountain
44 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Simon spend two weeks doing some work outside the cave. First of all he builded with wood and some kind of mixture between mud and sand a place that he called "warehouse" where he could left the fruits he encountered. 

Then he builded inside the cave a small bed with some grass, as he couldn't yet hunt some beast and take it fur.

But he encountered a big trouble during this time. His stomach couldn't handle property what he ate, and to make it worse, he didn't  found a leaf that could be used as toilet paper. 

To fix it temporary, he went to explore for another lake or stream to poop and clean himself, as he couldn't do it in the lake where he drinks and cleans his food.

But putting aside that, his new life in this world wasn't bad, as he found himself thinking less about useless things, also Camille was a good partner to talk and philosophize. As she was a Dragon, they both talked about lot of things, an with Simon's useless but profound questions, Camille started to have a severe existential crysis. 

Simon tried to help her but there wasn't much about he could do.

"C'mon Camille, aren't you a dragon? maybe you being here is somekind of blessing to this world, I remember a story where the Dragons gone extint and magic stopped exist because of that. Then, thousands of years later dragons born again and magic appeared with them." Simon didn't tell her that those dragon's were pretty useless.

"But what I perceive as magic is something beyond myself, as Is something I need and not I produced.  So what you said doesn't make sense." 

With Camille's thinking about her crisis and Simon's works. Time went by and two weeks passed.

During this time Ivar, the solely survivor of the adventurers incursion. Spreaded the words about the adult dragon in the mountains. Contradicting the Lord's words, who said that there only lived a young Dragon who was not much of a threat. 

There were no words about Camille raid against the Lord's castle, as the majority of soldiers died and the survivors knew that voicing out about the dragon will add more damage to the people than good. 

But with Ivar everything changed, the folks were in state of panic fearing a retaliation from the Dragon. 

But with the weeks passing by, and without any sign of attack coming from the mountain, the calm started to surge again. But the people wasn't in peace as they were before.

But with the news about Camille living in the mountain spreading everywhere, adventurers started to appear in the closest town of the mountain, the town called Erkberd was in a state of alert as it was expecting something, also well with the flow of adventurers the price of beast skins were taking a hard hit. Making life in the city even more difficult.

Unbeknownst to them, the Dragon itself was taking a nap and doesn't even think about leaving in the near time her nest, as now she has someone to talk.

.

.

.

Today Wertar was in the unlucky team who was asked to travel to the surface of the mountain and see what happened a few days ago. It was unlucky as he knew it that a dragon lives up in the mountain, his ancestors came to this place a few hundred years ago, as result of the large pool of mana that was in the place. It was then that they came to know about the young dragon, his ancesters then make a pact with the dragon, they would build her a proper place to rest and give to her a few ores, in exchange she would let them live under the mountain, obtain the richness and be under the protection of the dragon. 

Dwarves weren't know for being a social being, most of their time they were mining, blacksmithing or creating gadgets. They were passional about what they like, and in strange cases, they would leave their underground cities to go up in the surface. 

But most of these who goes up were young dwarfs that were fascinated with the outside and the battles itself. 

Wertar wasn't one of those. He was your typical dwarf. Two days ago he came back from his journey through the deeps of the mines, he felt lucky as he found an ore vein. When he came to announce to his peers about the good news, he found himself being tasked to make a reconnaissance in the surface to see what happened. 

He cursed his own karma but he didn't felt that bad, since at the end of the task he will be start mining the new ore.

He was travelling with  another 9 dwarves. They were ascending up steadily.

As they saw the sun rays, they started to make serious preparations. As they could be attacked by beasts or even another race.

But they didn't encounter any trouble, just a few mishaps as they're all were young and never leave out of the underground cities. There was only one middle-aged dwarf in the group who once went out. With his guiding they calmed down as the foreigner things around them were explained to them.

Wertar though that it wasn't that bad in the surface. Also the cool breeze was really good and feeling his lung with fresh air maked him acknowledge that what the elders says about living in the deeps making them living a short life was true.

The group was in the foot of the path to the entrance when they heared a voice. It was a deep but melodic voice. It was singing in a foreign language.

The veteran dwarf started to frown as he could tell one thing from this voice. It was a voice that could belong to three different races. 

With that taking account he began pondering if the dragon were subdued by one of these races. As he didn't believe that a Dragon would be willing to live with an inferior being.

Wertar were asked to scout for the origen of the voice.

He cursed inwardly as he started to walk the path. He began to thinking in what could he found and if he would need to fight his way out.

As the voice could be heared closer and closer Wertar started to became nervous but his courage was making him step harder and energy filled his whole body. He didn't even notice how white were his hands as he griped thighly his axe.

The veteran dwarf wanted to sent another dwarf back to the underground city to alert them about the possibly foreign invasion to the mountain top. But he holded back as he first wanted to know with the scout about the situation up there. The best outcome would be that the dragon expelled whatever attacked him and that voice they heared were one of his prisoners.

---

"When the sun shines, we shine together

Told you I'll be here forever

Said I'll always be your friend~~" Simon was making a few tools of wood as he sing loudly a popular song of his previous world.

"Took an oath that I'm a stick it out 'til the end

Now that it's raining more than ever

Know that we still have each other~~" He was making an strange movement of hips as he sung with fervor.

"YOU CAN STAND UNDER MY UMBRELLA, ELLA, ELLA, EH EH~~" As he finished the chorus with passion he froze in his place.

There was a thing with hair watching him in the path. It has a well made axe. Also it has the same height of a children. He himself was somewhat tall, as he has 6'4 feets. And that thing could reach his waist easily.

But the thing is, he was embarrassed as he was catched acting weirdly.

With shame all over his face, he asked.

"Need something?"

The hairy being was staring at him. With curiosity in his eyes.

Then with a hoarse voice he spoke.

"Wer bist du und was machst du hier?"

Simon was taken aback, it was the first time he heard a lenguage that he was familiar with. He strangely could talk the common language of this world. But he learned from Camille that there was racial languages and even regional.

There was quite a high diversity of cultures as there wasn't a kingdom or empire who could unify all of those races and people. The common language was introduced by the wizard union as mean to spread their knowledge, as it was easy to learn and it had a strong support, it was openly used 

'GOD HE SPEAK GERMAN'

Simon head was thrown in disarray as the surprise came so sudden.

'How can this be? I can't believe that a creature here could speak that german from there, is this some kind of coincidence?'

With more questions in his head he tried to not look alarmed.

With a cough he answer him with what he remembered a little of german he learned.

"Ja, Hallo, wie geht es dir? Mein Name ist Simon und ich bin verloren."

With an horrendous pronunciation, Simon said to the hairy being. He wasn't confident as he learned this oration with a certain company that works with an AI.

Wertar was taken aback, it was the first time that he heared someone talking that bad.

'Is he dumb or something?'

He didn't even think that the person in front of him didn't talk his language as he lacked common sense.

Seeing that the hairy being didn't answer him back, Simon began to feel embarrassed.

'Lucky me I never travelled before to Germany, I would have embarrassed myself If I tried to talk like this.'

"Sorry if you couldn't understand me, I thought I could try but I guess It goes wrong. Can you please repeat what you said? I couldn't understa-"

He couldn't finished his sentence as Camille voice sounded back. 

"Grovel before your Queen, monkey, why are you here? Speak" 

Simon began to suffocate at the pressure that Camille was exerting. It was the first time that she give him that feeling.

A feeling of inferiority.

Wertar was trembling, as the pressure and the voice was directed to him. He didn't even see it the dragon but he could feel the dread.

He tried to talk but with no avail as he bite his tongue.

Seeing that Wertar was unable to answer her. Camille appeared in front of him. She did felt the dwarves group. But she didn't know what they wanted. As she was recently  attacked she was with her guard up.

"What are you all doing here and why you aren't showing your respect in front of your Queen? Don't you think that sending one to the top is disrespectful? I guess you, monkeys, have forget your manners during these years." 

With an annoyed tone, Camille said loudly to the dwarves group. The dwarves began to tremble and fall to their knees as they ears and nose were bleeding.

Simon was flabbergasted. He was surprised for two things, the first one was how smoothly Camille could talk when she's not trying to be sociable. The second was that she really posses a formidable aura. It wasn't like he has already met other powerful beings, but he could feel the difference between time. It was the first time and it feels uncomfortable.

'Just this morning she was asking me about introspection and entropy. How could she be the same being?' Simon was staring Camille dumbfounded. There was sweat forming in his head without him notice.

He tried to speak but with not avail. He felt his throat being grabbed by an invisible hand.

With that uncomfortable feeling he saw how an entire group of those beings appeared in front of him. 

It could have been an humorous sight, but when you add their hair and how rough their skin seems. You could only feel that it was weird  and that they weren't people to mess with.

There were ten of them and all of them seems to be in pain. One of them tried to talk, he seemed more mature than the rest.

"W-wir... we pass our greet to your Highness The Queen, we didn't mean to offend you by any means. We, the Svartálfar, didn't forget our pact. Today we were sent here as a request of the elders to see if something happened to your Highness." With clear weariness in his voice, the dwarf spoke respectfully in front of Camille.

"I would have die long time ago if it were by you and your people..." With clear dissatisfaction Camille talked loud.

The dwarf began to shiver as he heared her.

"W-we didn-" He couldn't finished as he shut up when he felt the aura of the dragoness froze his surrounding.

"I don't care. If there were someone who can hurt me, you and your people would never have a chance. Get out of my sight now." With disdain and a cruel glint in her eyes, Camille voice out and throw them outside of the mountain.

"TELL YOUR ELDERS THAT THEY'RE NOT WORTHY OF MY PRESENCE ANYMORE. ALL OF YOU ARE FORBIDED TO PUT A FOOT ON MY MOUNTAIN." 

Camille voice resounded through all the place.

Simon was confused.

'Since when did she became a queen? And why she was so angry?'

As he wanted to follow her and start a round of asking, he found Camille looking at him with a frightening stare.

"Come inside." That was all she said as she disappeared from Simon's sight.

"What the hell... what is wrong with her?" He asked himself as he began to walk inside. But before he looked down to the forest as he pondered something in his head.

'And there it goes my first chance to experience my first interracial conversation... well gotta be another time I guess ' he shook his head and walked in.

1