Where the Dragons dwells
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the hours passed by, it was a new day for Simon, as soon as Camille notice him waking up, she closed her eyes pretending she was sleeping. Simon didn't take a notice of her, as he began to walk around looking for something to eat and drink, as he yesterday didn't found anything and didn't have the chance.

'Those day's in poverty pay their worth, as I can endure this amount of famine. But better off I found something before It gets worse.'

With this though, he began to wander around all over the nest, but it ended with him founding nothing but gold, jewels, some kind of crystals and precious stones.

'So many precious stones but nothing to eat, the irony'

He started to walk forward to Camille, then he began to poke her mouth while asking.

"Sorry for waking you up, but there's nothing here to ate and drink, I've been starving since yesterday, do you know where I can find something?"

He was somewhat ashamed, he said to her yesterday that he will try to notnbe a nuisance, but here he was.

Camille pretend to awake while say to him with a annoyed voice.

"How noisy! Follow the path you saw yesterday  and down below the mountain you will see a lake that is surrounded by trees with fruits, just try to not be eaten by the beasts though." With something that resemble a giggle, Camille said to Simon. Who without thinking too much. Began to walk to the cave exit.

"Hey I'm serious when I say that you can be eaten, those beasts will not dare to be close my nest but that doesn't prevent them to hunt you near the lake" Camille shout to him with some concern.

' That fool! He don't have a chance even against a forest mouse, what an annoying human.' Seeing that Simon did go without taking any measure for his safety or asking her. Camille began to become restless.

"I'll be back again in a few minutes, don't worry. Even if something happens I will only need to shout you for help" With that saying Simon walked to the exit while seeing the surrounding details.

The cave resemblance makes him remember greek architecture. He feel it was just right for this place, even if it was a Dragon nest.

While he was walking down the path, he began to analyze himself, he remembered to ask that God for a gift.Yesterday when he was watching the sunset he tried countless ways to see if something change in his body. While he asked for an spiritual space that can archive all his knowledge, he also asked for being more handsome. He didn't have a chance to see if there's was a change in his body or face, as he found himself in a strange place. Even though that he saw some inexplicable things, he wasn't in place to start thinking about them.

'What I know is that air here is breathable, at least for the time being. Also there's more oxygen in the atmosphere, so I can start assuming that creatures here are significantly taller and humongous than me. Even the humans probably are more taller than me.' Simon began to enlist in his head all the things that he could observe since he appeared here.

One of the first things was that gravity here is completely different  compared to earth, here gravity was more than half from earth,  he didn't know how bad this was for him in long term, but the benefits probably will be that he can became stronger, although his growth time ended a few years ago.

"Well I guess if the Dragon didn't kill me it means something good, always in this kind of world dragons are rare. So maybe I can ask her for teaching me a few things, I could exchange that for things that I know. Just think about being thousands of years without nothing to do, I'm starting to became restless without music to listen, I can't image how she's doing" 

It was a few minutes since Simon began to walk, he was close enough to the lake to start seeing the tall trees.

'God, look a those trees, they're taller than skyscrapers, sure enough my theory was right'

He was struggling with the dense vegetation, there was some scratches in his body as the plants were spiky and sharp.

Finally he was in front of a calm lake, the water was crystal clear, and all his surrounding was filled with trees ans high bushes.

But he didn't found any beast, and it was strangely silent since he was getting close to this place.

His guts was telling him that something wasn't right.

And sure enough. without him notice somebody was at his back, he felt something cold pointing his neck. 

Then a hoarse voice talk.

"Who are you and what are you doing here? Didn't you know what dwells in this place?"

'ooh shit, here we go again' Simon thought.

Slowly putting up his hands, he began to talk.

"Please put down whatever you pointing me, I'm just dying of thirst and I wanted to ate something, I didn't know that this is a dangerous place, pardon me if I intrude your place" Without flinching his eyes to lie, Simon said to the person.

The tall and muscular man clad in black leather armor put down his spear.

"It's not me who lives here, and this is not my place, a wrathful dragon lives in this place, we are an adventurers team who was sent to attack him. I suggest you to leave this place immediately, the moment we start to battle this place will be destroyed probably."

With a monotonous voice, the person kindly warned him.

"Here, take this, is a pellet that could help you with your hunger. Now hurry up and leave." 

With that saying and without further glance to Simon he walked  without noise  to the bushes.

'Shit, there's people hunting Camille? whaaa, fuck if I stayed there I would probably ended up dead. But that guy really gives me creeps, I'm sure he's not alone' 

Simon didn't think to much and gulped down the pelled, then he cupped his hand and began to drink hastily until he was satisfied.

'The hell should I do? I feel bad about Camille, she wasn't bad with me. I can't lie myself, I just wanted to see if she has a sexy human form.' 

Simon stand up and walked back to the mountain, he could probably gain more staying with Camille than going a human town. He doesn't have the physic of a human of this world, he saw that man. He didn't want to become a beggar. 

With that in mind he began to run up to mountain.

.

.

.

Camille was watching Simon with her astral view, this was one of the many abilities she possesses. Then she saw the group of human adventurers.

"How annoying, that bastard even sent a group of adventures. But is a surprise itself that they made they way to here. They doesn't seems to be hurt in any way. I wonder what kind of weapons they would bring to me?"

With a proud and mocking expression Camille began to change her body. The enormous body that could easily surpass the hundreds of meters, changed to a one of a dozen of meters. She then began to set fire her surrounding.

With all ready, she said in a rare language.

"ZON DUK AVKHAD"

BOOOOM.

As if her voice carried a powerful enchantment, the dust flew away, the near trees of the lair were desintegrated, the clouds in the sky were dispersed, a  sonic bom followed by a wall of blue mist enclose the human adventurers group. Who without time to take measures, started to fade, as if they were ashes. With only two of them who could stand the powerful attack.

"GOD DAMN, THAT WAS A FUCKING VOICE ONLY, THAT MAN SAID THAT IT WAS A YOUNG A WEAK DRAGON, WHAT THE FUCK WE JUST LOST UBAR AND LOTHGAR!" The man who talked with Simon shout as he was surrounded by a dim light.

"LARSON WE NEED GET OUT OF HERE, WE CANNOT FACE THAT DRAGON WITH JUST US. LET THE GUILD HANDLE THIS"

The man called Larson was with a shield rised  as he was also surrounded by a dim light, he was looking with determination to the mountain.

"IVAR, JUST GO YOURSELF AND TELL THEM, I HAVE TO FACE THAT FUCKING DRAGON" when he ended talking to Ivar, he began to slowly push forward.

The force that the shout carried feel it like a mountain was pushing him down. If he was not surrounded by the light, the winds would have cut down his skins until bones were left.

He remember once a man say he witnessed the battle between an adult dragon against an old man in robes. The man say that he saw how the old man faced the dragons words, then his roars and finally his magic and physical prowess with his bare fist. The man said that the old man was flying and a holy light surrounded him. That was the first time in his life that he heard about a combat style different of the adventurers and mages.

Now that he was facing just a dragon word, he was struggling with all his self. He couldn't even think how that man could carried the full of a dragon power with his bare fist and body.

'The Anuniminas blessing will end in a few minutes, this is all I have to revenge him, just a little bit more'

With his will force, Larson advanced steady.

And his perseverance pays him. He finally saw the entrance, without further thinking he run.

When his first feet landed the lair, a scorching heat welcomed him, a dim red light was illuminating the whole cave. 

As he was struggling with the intense heat and the suffocation as there was no oxygen to breathe, he finally saw it.Those reptile and violet eyes looking at him intently. Then his body was revealed. A black-purple scale body, with terrifying claws and teeths.

He himself used to think that he was brave, that few things could scare him, and that those things doesn't exists here.

But now he could feel  it, the fear of just breath loud in front of this beast. The fear that nothing he could do would work against this beast.

He saw in those eyes the despise to him, and he accepted it. 

He knew in this moment why you must never face a dragon. Because in this precise moment, he couldn't even move a finger. There was a knot in his throat, he wanted to cry just because he know that he would never accomplish his revenge.

He was just a human and no matter how much power he has gained through his life, it would never be enough against a dragon. 

He falled into his knees, as he saw the dragon opening his mouth, as it was smiling, then, just with a poke of his enormous claw, his body left his head. The last thing he saw was how the world was turning left as he was falling.

.

.

.

"That was lame, he couldn't even fight sigh I just hoped that he could give a good show"  Camille looked at the human body, then with a thought of her, all his belongings appears in her claw. Then his body began to desintegrate.

Camille used again her astral view as she saw the other adventurer run away, but she was too lazy to do something about it. She changed her view to Simon who was trying to came to her nest, but it was so slow that it will probably take a few hours. She giggled at the view of him, then she whispered a few words and simon appeared in front of her. 

As he was running with his hands in front of him to move the brush in the forest, he didn't notice the change in his environment as he smashed against Camille's body.

He then shouted.

"OH GOD IM MELTING FOR FUCK SAKE, WHAT IS WRONG?"  He couldn't open his eyes as the heat dry his eyes and makes painful to him.

Then he began to suffocate as there was no longer oxygen in the nest, his lungs also were hurting like hell.

'I am dying again? But how? I was running a second ago'

Then he heard Camille's voice.

"Don't worry, you will be fine."

With a wisp of her tail, the heat gone and a vortex formed, bringing air from outside.

But then again, Simon was still suffocating, as now the air was being pulled out in the vortex.

It was like that for one minute, that it was enough for Simon to knock out.

'He's so fragile, if he goes outside like this he would be bullied. Where the hell such being could come from? How is that they weren't subdued? '

Camille didn't worried too much about him, as she felt he was still alive.

In the meantime she was seeing what the adventurer bring to her. 

"Just chain mails and a mithril spear, what a waste." With disdain she thrown away the belonging of the former adventurer and closed her eyes. She began to take a glance with her astral view to her mountain.

The beasts were a bit fearful as they heared her words spread through all the place. The beared monkeys who lived in the underground of the mountain became a little restless, but then there was nothing much.

With that she opened her eyes as she saw Simon waking up. 

"You're weak" She said with a mocking smile.

As the first thing to hear after a painful near death experience, he say to her with an angry voice.

"Thanks for the compliment, as I'm not a dragon it was pretty pleasant to feel your body burn and get suffocate. Don't know if you are knowledgeable about how that feel." 

He then began to move a little as his entire body was burnt, it was not that bad as not feeling any piece of it. But it was really painful, he didn't wanted to see himself as he was sure that he looked like a roasted limb.

"I know how pain feels, don't suppose things just out of the blur, you might offend someone you can't afford." 

Camille then opened one of her claws and a white light lit up.

"Touch this, it would help you with your injuries. You're welcome."

When Simon saw the light he felt the air being more pure and his lungs feeling better.

He struggle to get near, and when he touched her claw, his entire body began to heal. 

' This feels amazing, how useful can this be.' 

With eyes closed, Simon let himself drown in the warm feeling across his body.

"I see that you don't have any notion about magic, you could easily make a spell to protect yourself before." Camille interrupted the peaceful moment as she began to intend to inquire about him.

"Yup, you can say that I am a country bumpkin." Simon respond to her. His eyes then lits up and asked her.

"Yesterday I say that today I would leave this place. But seeing those guys before and how you used magic, mind you if I can stay here learning a few things from you? I mean you're a Dragon and there's no better teacher out there." 

"How shameless, do you think that you can afford to being able to learn from me? I see that you don't seem to know what is your situation right now, you barged into my nest, just like those guys before. I didn't did the same as I saw you were not a near treat, but why should I let you live in my place and teach you my knowledge?." With a clear dissatisfied voice, Camille said to Simon.

He became silent as he searched for the best words he can tell. His gut was telling he cannot afford to lose this chance.

"Well you're right about those things. But you see, I don't have nowhere to go, I have no money with me. I don't know if I can work in one of those towns or cities. Probably I'll be scum. BUT, I  have knowledge that you may be interested. Also don't you find boring living here alone? I may not be the best company but I'm sure that I could entertain you with my stories." With resolution, Simon voice out.

"Hoo, I see that you're confident. I don't see any use in whatever your knowledge may be, but yes, it's pretty boring here. I'm going to test you first, then I'll see if you can learn something. When my friend's come again, you're going to leave with her, she would take care of you. That's all, take it or go." 

"I'll accept!" Without thinking further, Simon shouted.

The dragoness body move a little as she began to take her normal length. Then she said.

"I hope you don't disappoint me."

"Sure I will not" With a bright smile he walked away as he didn't ate nothing but that pellet until now.

"Don't mind if I'm starting to farm outside and bring some animals right?" 

"Just try to not be noisy." Then Camille moves further deep in the nest, leaving Simon sight.

He walked while thinking.

'I hope this life could get better'

1