Chapter 4: State of Affairs
64 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A possible ReZeon mobile suit and carrier have been spotted three thousand meters from Tarvos base. An incredibly loud sound was reported to be coming from the north wing which is one of the four defense network points. The staff fear this occurrence may have led to the mobile suit changing course.

The mobile suit and its carrier have begun to move closer and closer to the area the base is situated in. The base was not issued a full alert warning from commander Adric as to not cause panic, however there are people in higher up positions scrambling in both the hangar and the south wing defense network. While the others are trying to figure out what is going on Ido himself is doing the same thing in the office. He looks outside of the office window and sees the Titans security detail taking formation in the hangar area, some of them can be seen boarding some Barzam mobile suits.

"Stay inside your office and secure the door, we'll handle this" one of the squad officer's sends a voice message through his PDA, the officer can also be seen boarding the nearest Barzam. The giant hangar bay door begins to slowly open up, the Barzams get ready to launch in an attempt to intercept the ReZeon mobile suit and carrier. Despite Ido being in a soundproof office room, he can tell the sound of multiple Barzam's launching would be deafening on the outside. A total of five Barzam's can be seen heading out, soon after they intercept and make contact with the mobile suit and carrier; upon seeing five mobile suits approach them the ReZeon suit stops in its tracks immediately.

"Stop right where you are, you are in a restricted space, we have an automated defense system that would have ripped you to shreds if we didn't come out here, just give yourself up and things will go peacefully" the squad leader attempts to send a voice message through the external speaker but there is no response from the supposed ReZeon pilot

"Can you hear us? shut down your mobile suit and step down from it now!" another officer yells out to the ReZeon pilot

At that moment a synced frequency sound can be heard being pinged, the live audio feed can be heard on all five Barzam units

"Stop don't please! I'm sorry" the pilot of the ReZeon suit sounds like a teenager, the mobile suit raises its hands up in a surrendering motion

"Who are you? are you ReZeon? answer me" another officer shouts

"No! We were apart of the mars independence army but we escaped, we were fighting ReZeon but now we don't want any part in this, someone's been following us, please we'll tell you anything you want just don't shoot there's women and children on the carrier here"

"Alright but come out slowly, we'll be taking you people in, the rest of you will be checking that carrier when we bring it in, let the commander know everything's good on our end" the head officer of the group says

One thing that was puzzling for the security detail was that they noticed they had no weapons, despite this they escort the mobile suit and carrier back to the base and into the hangar bay area with no issues. After this incident Ido attempts to head out the door making his way downstairs, he passes by the security detail and the mobile suits, he heads to the electronic exit door of the hanger but he is stopped by a person he hasn't run into before.

"Fucking hell man I'm glad that's over" Ido hears a voice behind him, he turns around to see who it is. Standing in front of him is a man quite taller than him, he has a military style buzzcut hairstyle and is wearing tactical shades.

"Who are you?" Ido asks the man

"Lugo, I'm a pilot and that's all you need to know" he says with a serious expression on his face. The man puts his hand on his forehead and starts to shake his head and sigh.

"I'm going to talk to commander Adric about this"

Lugo moves past Ido, he inserts an access card into the door and heads out of the hangar area. Ido gets a quick glimpse of the back of his head as he leaves. Stitches can be seen that form a long horizontal line across his head, Ido notices this but doesn't think much of it. Another voice can be heard coming from down the exit corridor.

"Hey Ido you there? Adric needs to see you in the defense network area, its in the north wing" the voice belongs to Dutch

Ido raises his voice calling out to Dutch "I'm on my way right now hang on!"

Ido runs out of the hangar area down the long corridor, he meets up with Dutch and the two continue on trying to find the fastest route.

"This whole situation is crazy" Ido says

"Yeah I know, from the mars independence army asking us for help to this, they think the north wing incident was an explosion; a malfunction or something, I don't know lets go though" Dutch says as he waves Ido on

Dutch points out a special elevator at the end of the hallway "Lets take this aero elevator, it was made incase of emergency's and it'll get us there much faster"

Ido nods his head. The two enter the elevator, it takes them no longer than sixty seconds to reach the north wing. They enter through the automatic sliding doors, they are now currently standing in the defense networks north wing. Adric can be seen standing at the far corner, accompanying him is Audrey and Lugo from before.

"We suspect this defense system turret was sabotaged, I'm sure with your expertise you can tell just by looking at it" Adric exclaims from across the room. Ido and Dutch meet up with them. Ido kneels down and inspects the internals, he begins to explain his thoughts.

"Whoever tried to destroy it was in a rush, why pick just one turret when they could of blown them all up at the same time, that would of knocked out the defense network completely, we would have been vulnerable" Ido looks up at Adric and asks a question

"Who was in the room at the time, and who put out the fire?"

"Two workers we're stationed here, they are alright; as for the fire this room has an automatic fire suppression system, it uses VE or Vacuum Extinguishers" Adric points to the ceiling showing off the Extinguishers. "We may have reason to suspect that a worker stationed here on Tarvos may actually be a saboteur for ReZeon, we're looking through security feeds in this section to see if we have a lead on anything"

"Sir can you explain why?" Ido asks

"My reason for this is the person I attempted to talk into piloting the Gundam went missing the other day, not one person here has been able to get into contact with them and the timing is too suspicious, maybe it is pure ignorant speculation on my part" Adric says

"You think they're after the Gundam?" Dutch asks

"I don't think so, there's many mobile suits here and even if they did I would of caught them already, that's the area I work in you know that" Ido answers Dutch's question

"Whoever they are they're treating this like a game of hide and seek, well they surely wont be having fun when we catch them" Audrey remarks

"Also if you remember in the briefing I mentioned we took pictures of those ReZeon suits, well Lugo here is one of the Hawkeye pilots who took those pictures of the mars army suits, now we know that was them who we encountered earlier" he folds his arms and continues speaking.

"Now that everything's settled down for now listen up, I had the telecommunication operators send a cipher to Side 9's Haven colony about forty minutes ago, there has been no response as of yet and its very worrying as they usually respond immediately and they never responded to our ciphers we sent a few days ago; This is a direct order Ido, Audrey and Lugo will accompany you on this expedition and I would like all of you to figure out what is going on at Haven, I will be notifying everyone else as soon as possible"

"Sir I don't think I can really fight in the Gundam, I don't have any experience like some of the Soldiers here and I'm hoping it doesn't get to that point where I will need to fight" Ido exclaims

Adric puts his over his chest "I assure you Ido if that situation arises use the Bunnys system, keep in mind you also have multiple experienced mobile suit pilots here including Audrey" Adric walks over to Ido and puts his hand on his shoulder

"You're the only person I trust with the Gundam right now and you're also the only one who can pilot it for now, I can say that for sure" he turns and faces everyone else "All right, return to your posts until further notice, I will keep you updated on the situation and the date for when you will be heading out"

All of them salute commander Adric and head for the door in a line formation. The titans security detail can be seen walking down the hallway, they are escorting the mars independence army soldiers side by side, the soldiers are visibly restrained with special spider cuffs.

"Are they detaining them or sending them to be incarcerated?" Dutch asks 

"Most likely I feel they're going to be incarcerated or interrogated, I don't know what's going to happen to the civilians but this base doesn't take things lightly or rather the Titans never did in the first place, trust me" Audrey says, this statement resonates with Ido

"Ide like to hear more about your past stories with the Titans Audrey, if that's okay with you?" Ido says

"Maybe another time, ide be happy to but I have some business to attend to, I will see you later" Audrey says as she heads off down the opposite wing

Despite the tense situations today on Tarvos base everything returns to normal as if it never happened. The situation was handled well all things considered, however now the mobile suit team is given direct orders under commander Adric to gear up for a future expedition, the destination is the Haven Colony on side nine.

0