Chapter 5, First Hunt
2.3k 4 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The red arrow bring me to a plain field, "Now what monster live here?"

[This place is the habitat of  false scorpion. False scorpion are monsters that took appearances of giant grey scorpion with two stings, their shell can be used as armor material and their poison can be used for potion. Killing a false scorpion will increase your stat randomly.]

"False scorpion huh. Okay then, let's hunt!" 

Just as I said that, I encounter one false scorpion, the creature was about 4 m long, "Damn, It's scarier than I thought." I could feel my body shiver from it. "Dang, this is different from game." I didn't think long before fighting this thing, I just remember this is reality not a game." The scorpion attack me with it's claw, I barely dodge it because of my stat. "Add 10 points to dexterity."

[Confirmed. Your dexterity are now 16. You have 120 points remaining]

I could feel my body became lighter, I can move faster. I immediately ran backwards away from the monster, "How do I use the skill?"

[Just spell it in your mind]

"Okay then." I tried doing what the system told me, "Fireball" suddenly a ball of flame was shot from my hand, too bad it doesn't really work on the false scorpion and just slows it down. "System, what are the most effective skill to use against a false scorpion?" I panicked.

[False scorpion was immune to a lot of damage due to it's shell. So I suggest you use acid splash to melt it's shell and then use fireball]

"Acid Splash." I shot an acid arrow to the creature's face, it worked, it melts the face's shell and the creature groaning in pain."

"Fireball." I didn't let it take a rest and shot his face with fireball, it immediately burn it's brain, killing it

[You have killed a false scorpion. You've acquired 10 points. You're now have 130 points]

"Huh, I think I can't fight alone."

[Want me to recommend you some skill]

"Yes, please."

[Okay here are the list :]

[Animate Dead (12 Mana) - Resurrect corpses into your undead] 10 Points

[Create Lesser Golem (8 Mana) - Create a human sized golem with nearby material] 14 Points

[Tame (Depends on the creature) - Tame a monster] 20 Points

"Hmm, I won't take the tame skill, because it had a possibility to waste my mana. Not to mention that tamed monster needs lots of food. Undead army sounds cool and don't need sleep or eat, but I don't think I can bring zombies to farm or town, also corpses would get smelly. I think I'll choose Create Lesser Golem."

[Order confirmed. You have 116 points remaining]

I'll immediately try my new skill, "Create Lesser Golem" The ground nearby me start shaking a little, followed by the soil start to float and fused into a golem, the golem is about 1.8 m tall and weight about 80 kg. "Follow me." I ordered the golem and it immediately follow me. "You see the false scorpion corpse there, extract all valuable part and bring it to me." The golem do as what I said, it's hand turns into tools to help it extract the corpse. "If you done, bring it to this area."

I repeat this process, I summon a lesser golem to distract the false scorpion, then I will kill it with Acid Splash and Fireball. The golem will then extract the scorpion's corpse. I repeat this process 5 times and finally I kill 6 false scorpion. "Uhh, how do I bring all of this?"

[You can shape the lesser golem into a cart and command some golems to pull the cart]

"I'm glad I choose this skill. 4 golems, turn into a cart, the other two bring all shells and poison glands into the cart and pull it."

After 20 minutes off walking, we finally arrive at Wysia, the nearest town in the location. This town is a freelance town, because this town is near a lot of monster nest, the profession in the town mostly consist of monster hunter, with only some shop. The first time I see this place, all that I can think about is a military camp, I'm lucky I can enter this town because the guard only check my belongings and not my identity.

If this was a RPG game, there should be an adventurer guild here, but here, it's called monster hunter association. The building looks just like the regular town building, the only difference is that this place outside part is decorated with monster skull and the front doesn't even have a wall, just some pillar made from concrete, so everything inside can be seen clearly. But, this was a good thing for me since I can enter it with my golems.

As I enter the place, the association officers immediately look at my loot, bring it to desk and said, "The total is 50 dalet." He then gave me the money in the form of 50 copper coin. "Are you a golem summoner?" he ask me. "Not really, I'm a sorcerer." I answer. "How long have you been hunting monster?"

"Just for a week. Can I register myself as a member here?"

"Ooh, a super rookie.  Just put you hand on this tablet. Your card will get printed here."

"Thank you."

Gaining money wasn't my only goals, I look around, the monster hunter mostly consist of buff man with heavy weapon and some slim guy with bow or crossbow, even most of the woman is muscular. "Hey, mr receptionist. Are all monster hunter a warrior?"

"No, but mostly. There are some monster hunter that are mage, but they are really rare. In our city, there are 3 mage, even though our city is the second biggest city in the Artos kingdom behind the capital." He said. "But I don't see any mage." "They join a raid group to raid a monster nest near the capital. Sir, mage can't fight alone, so I suggest you find a partner."

"Don't worry. I have golem, but hunting alone is boring. I'll try find some."

"Huh, a rookie? You better go home before you ran out of luck." Suddenly a woman come to me, she has short pink hair, a hair that matches her feminine pink eyes and E cup breasts. She always wears black strapless dress, black robe and black collar. "Ohh, Miss Luna. You already come back from the dragon nest?"

47