Chapter 4
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

[/ So hears chap four 2k words hope you enjoy and comets and editing advise is ALWASE NEEDED so comment have fun  ]

A loud bang reverberates at a clearing in the forest in the late afternoon. Four hunters are in the clearing, one unconscious and bleeding from the mouth and the other with what looks like a massive gash in her arm. Their weapons lay strewn about a longsword and a heavy bowgun. Another bang rings out in the clearing as the three occupants are stuck in battle a male hunter with a charged blade and another female with a bow. The creature that the group of hunters are fighting are nothing like they have ever seen before. With a humanoid body a thick black tail with scales like polished obsidian covering parts of its or her body. At least that is what they can observe in their current situation.

<Hunters pov>

(“DAMN! This thing is strong its put another dent into my shield i don't know how much more my weapon can take MIA you got a plain to get us out of this situation!”) As I say, the creature in front of me backpedals as an arrow flies past where its chest used to be. I see an opening and go for a charged downwards swing as I do it spins countering with a kick. It connects as I'm sent flying through before I Smile as I hear a pained scream. I slammed into the tree  as I coughed up some blood. (‘That's definitely going to leave a mark.’) My vision starts to faint as the last thing I see before I pass out is a creature Running shoulder first into Mia right after she's able to send a flare off. sending her straight into the rocks behind her. As I black out wondering how we got ourselves into the situation in the first fucking place.

<A Few Hours Ago> <Ash POV>

As I woke up my entire torso was itchy as well as my forearms and my calves. As I open my eyes the first thing I see is my skin. It looks like I had spent an entire day in water and pieces of it are missing revealing scales underneath. “ WHAT THE FUCK! Am I shedding Why couldn't the tail be enough.’ I also felt Unbelievably hungry. It felt like there was a massive hole where my stomach is supposed to be. Even after I ate the last two jagras I was still hungry.

‘I should probably go hunting but I need to wash up first.’ As I say that I jump up to the food of my small room and make my way to the river. Thinking about what I should hunt. ‘The only thing I could hunt successfully right now would be an aptonoth. They're not that dangerous but I probably would have to worry about some other predators coming to take my meal if I'm not careful.’

<Hunters> 

“Hey guys there's an investigation/expedition Quest on the board .” As I say that Mia is the first  to speak up. 

“Well what are you waiting for? Tell us I need the details!”

“Would you calm down? I'm sure he's about to tell us before you interrupted him. You damn adrenaline junkie!”

As she looks over at Ajay she smiles and just proceeds to irritate Ajay even more before the two could get into an argument. Sylvia broke it up. “Okay you too how about you both shut up so he can give us the details already.”

“Thank you Sylvia, So the assignment for this Quest is to explore the far west side of the Ancient Forest as well as find some sort of evidence of a new Monster in the area. We will also receive extra rewards for any decent campsites found.” 

“Well that doesn't sound very fun so we're just going to explore. This quest sounds boring. I mean am I wrong? Well I'ma go get ready it's not like you guys are going to leave me here alone.” As Mia begins to leave she walks over to her chest next to her bunk, and pulls out a backpack, a bow. As she makes it to the door she hears. “Yeah that's because of what you did last time!” 

Oh Fuck you Ajay! And before you say anything Max I'm going to the armory. I need some more arrows so I'll meet you all Down by the canteen.”

 <ONE HOUR LATER>

“Finally what took you long enough so I'm assuming we're flying there since it's so far because I'm not walking.”As Mia says this she's at a table with all of her items and armor already equipped smiling she also has that look in her eye. “What come on guys don't look at me like that that's another new adventure possibly a new monster but we got to find it first so” 

“Yes we're flying will be landing at campsite 30 then I'll be on foot from there on Did you pack enough supplies we're going to be there for about a day if not more” Maxwell states As he walks past Mia “ Did you bring a flare?”

“Yes I got the flare so when we are waiting for let's go!

<Ash>

I finally managed to find a herd Was a lot easier than what I thought it'd be. I also found out I have an enhanced sense of smell as well so it's so funny when I found out. I don't plan on taking one back so I'm just going to kill and eat it here. I guess as I look over the clearing in front of me I can see about a dozen aptonoth. I crouch down on the grass trying to get as close as possible to them before I strike. I already see the one that I want. It's a bit further away from the herd closer to me in the process. It also looks injured. I smile to myself as I creep closer.

I Rise to all fours tense and my legs push off the ground. I end up startling the herd but the aptonoth in front of me was already dead as I reached it. I wrapped my arms around its neck to get a hold of it. The thing starts shaking its head violently trying to throw me off as I maneuvered my tail and sliced into its eye pushing it further and eventually reaching its brain. As I do it drops dead on its side.

As I look down I don't feel Anything doesn't feel a sense of accomplishment nor do I feel proud that my first hunt was successful. I feel somewhat empty and disappointed so confused and mixed up in my emotions I let my hunger take over as I begin to eat. I hear a snap behind me and turn my head and look at the forest edge. I don't see Or smell anything as I take a deep breath through my nose. I Hesitantly go back to eating but keep an ear out just in case.

<Narrator>

“The fuck is that.” As the group of hunters watch with the ghillie mantles equipped. Mia couldn't help but state. “This is very interesting. The research commissioned are going to have a field day when they see this” Syliva states with intrigue as the others are bewildered by the scene in front of them. 

“You know we should probably try to chase her off.” Mia states as she draws her bow. “ I don't think that's a good idea and why a she of all things.” 

“Well mister Maxwell look at her figure and you tell me” 

“Umm. Guys I think it might have heard us” As Ajay states that the creature stands and turns in their direction. As she they all silently agree, after it stands up they can see more detailed black scales that cover its entire torso, stopping where the hips and legs meet. With scales covering her back as well as half of her forearm along with her hands and calf being covered as well as her feet they assume are scaled as well since her calf is covered. Along with a tail that is almost 2 meters long.

An arrow flies past towards the creature. She steps to the side avoiding the arrow but not the explosion that comes afterwards. “DAMN IT! Mia you always have to start some shit don't you don't even know how strong she is.” As the others rush out into the  the clearing they wait for the dust to settle but suddenly a figure rushes out of the Dust Past the other three striking Mia Before it could get another strike in Ajay Intercepts with his long sword attempting to cut into the creatures side just to be surprised that The cut left was barely if anything. Not deterred he continues to press the creature back so the others have time to recuperate. “ FUCK SHE MIGHT BE A UPPER HIGH RANKING MONSTER BE CARFUL!”

“What's Mia's condition Syliva ”As Max ask as he readies his shield.” Her arm absorb most of the blow but I think she might have a broken River so nothing a Max potion can't fix” 

“Damn she hits like a brachydios!”

A massive Roar breaks out in the clearing stunning for hunters leaving them disorientated. Giving her enough time to get to Ajay and grab him claws first proceed to throw him into Syliva. Creating a deep gash in his arm in the process. 

<Ask Pov>

 Sword dies down. I just need to get a heavy bowgun girl out. I Sprint over to her and try to go for a kick but I'm hit with an arrow This time and it gets through my scales as I let out a pained shriek.  pushing forward I get to the girl and kick as my foot connects I see a few teeth go flying. And see her eyes go rolling into the back of her head. I look up to see them  yell something  but I can't understand them. which just makes things even more difficult for me. 

I rush the charge blade boy. He already has his shield in front of him so I decide to test something. As I get closer I real my fist back and with all my strength into the first hit I strike his shield. He doesn't go flying but he is sent back aways but my hypothesis was correct they don't have high Tier gear by the massive dent in his shield. Massive toothy grin spreads across my face as I look at his shield, shocked by my smile the boy in front of me calls out. I strike three more times not giving him time to recuperate but multiple arrows assault me from behind. I stepped back giving him room to slash as he came toward me. I lift my leg for a counter kick as it connects pain like no other explodes from my side and back as he flies  into a rock. As I look behind me I can see a dragon piercing arrow sticking out of my back. I charged the last girl as I saw she set off a flare right before I hit her with my shoulder feeling her chest giveaway as it breaks and she's flying back. No time to contemplate what just happened. I ran home.

<Admiral>

As I see a flare go off into the distance.. I rush over see if the hunters in the area are strewn about as I my way into a clearing, I see black humanoid figure with the tail no less runoff into the forest but before me Lays four severely injured Hunters I set off another flare a different one  a colored one to get more attention to this area for reinforcements this could make so the hunters are able to get home safely back in Astera “Luckily none of you were dead we will still take some time for reinforcements to get here till then one of you have to tell me what happened” As I look around at the four unconscious hunters in front of me. okay now 

 

0