Chapter 5
351 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rain crashes down around me as I lurk in the canopy above watching my prey, an anjanath. I have been following it for a while now waiting for an opening to attack. As its head dips down to catch a scent I think I launch myself off the tree I'm on. Knocking it over in the process I thrust my tail into it, eye piercing its brain killing it. I look over my prey, a younger female and begin to eat. As I think about what happened over the last two years.

As I left the clearing I saw the admiral moving the unconscious and injured hunters to a safe spot. When I was further away I saw another flare go off in the distance as I looked behind me. A lot of things happened after that day they turned the clearing Into an outpost of sorts. They also caught away at the forest a little bit making it a bit bigger.

I also had another run in with the Admiral a few months after that. It was right after a fight I had with a pukie-pukie, a poisonous bird wyvern type. Least to say there weren't any blue herbs in the area. So I make my way home though when I stop by to cross the river. I see him, a beast of a man with golden hair and a body to match. Now I know why some would mistake him for a rajang. 

As I look at him our eyes meet and I can also see that he's holding something he smiles as I noticed that he's holding… ‘YOU BITCH!’ I think as I growl he has the damn herb that I was looking for. Without thinking I lunge for him right before I reach him. He tosses something at me then my vision goes white. That fucker had thrown a flash bug at me. I missed as my fist crashed into a tree. As my vision cleared up I could see he was gone, but the herbs were left where he was standing. ’How long was he there did he see the fight I was in. Damn it he's probably still watching me right now.’   

I dont go home and wait by the pond area washing myself up. After I consumed the herbs I immediately started to feel better. That was one weird day though I haven't seen him since that day or he got better at hiding. I grew over those two years as well. I think 3 ft putting me around 8 ft in total my tail also grew longer as well. It's 2 m now. I finish eating as I start to make my way home before it gets dark.

<Admiral> 

“Very interesting.” I close my book as the creature in front of me takes down the anjanath. Its features are particular With a height of 8 ft and a tail with a length of 6 ft. Its scales are peculiar as well. Instead of covering the entire body for protection it seems to only cover portions of it. Wrapping around the neck and covering the entire torso. As for its arms and legs the lower portion of its legs which includes its feet and, its hands along with the lower portion of its arms as well are covered.

“You caused quite the emotion the day we found you during that little expedition and the reports, when this reaches the guild back home they're going to have a field day.” As it finishes eating and wandering I could help but think. ‘Two years and still no name for this creature and with quite the appetite too.’ I looked over at the skeleton that was left behind. It had only eaten the heart, liver and the elemental sack.

<Astera> 

Back in Astera I make my way to The council table everyone else is already there I guess they're waiting on me. As I arrived I couldn't help but hear “Took you long enough features to show up, we almost started without you.” I smile “Well you should have you know I'm not too keen on being cooped up here all day commander.”

“I'm assuming you're trying to find out more about our new monster companion Over by Outpost 1.” The researcher looks at me. “Any new information, after the first encounter It seems that she's been avoiding our attempts to track her. You've been the only one able to track her down and find her successfully and the Scout flies having trouble which never seems to happen even with elder dragons. You seem to be our only source of information when it comes to her.” The chief researcher states .

“Not much information well if you include her enormous appetite and I've never seen a monster be so picky about what it eats before, and she grew a lot most she's most likely taller than me now.”

“Eris… That's what the guild will be naming her or at least the females of their species.” As the commander speaks up the other two .”Now that we got that out of the way, the main topic for today's meeting the 5th will most likely be arriving late because of the current storm. I have no doubt that this will be no problem for them. Though just in case if something were to happen, I want extra patrols on the coast and send a few hunters to The Outpost in case some manage to get stranded over In that area.”

“Well if that's all that you wanted to stay I have to get back out there to track the monster we came here for. I know it's out there somewhere I just have to find it.” As I start to walk off I can hear a call behind me. “Make sure you're careful and don't get yourself killed. It would be a shame.” The huntsman states. ”Will do I'm not a rookie so I'll be fine and as far as the name goes I like it!”  Time to get back on track I have a new Elder to find.

0