Nearing end of Day 1
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

JUNE 5, 2089

......Later that night, around nine, I brought the dog to the room as he was somewhat OK. I kept it near our room's heater because I thought he was feeling cold. Then I felt a bit bored and I felt like either have a shower now at the moment or have it later. Well, I did what was obvious, and chose the second option. After all, I was bored in the room, so I thought of stepping out again and taking my pods and shoes for a quick jog. I ignored my Jordans as I couldn't bear them wet, water was still there on the streets. I watched everyone who didn't come out on the roads but was trying to. Well, the public wished for their work to complete but damn these floods made it difficult for them, although it was better. THE STREETS WERE QUITER AND SCARIER! I was a loner too, being an introvert ain't that easy, but expressing something is hard too. Then my mind caught on to the point of these thoughts. It was the time for me to think about my body. I knew myself suffering from insomnia, depression, and PTSD(Post-traumatic stress disorder) and my eyesight was blurry too. Nevertheless, I jogged for an hour till I reached the University of Texaford. Well, I can say it is my current college too. I hadn't been here for a couple of months, well 2 in particular. Although I am able to cover up my academics thanks to YouTube. The last time I was in this college, I had a fight with two of my batchmates on the ground. I beat them till they were in blood and were admitted to the hospital nearby. My professors knew it was their fault for insulting and teasing me. I am strongly a supporter of no to racism which made me hit them. Also, the professors advised me to stay at home for a couple of days. This was the reason for my 2 month long home lock. I also didn't have anything else to do, being a loner meant no friend who would actually look up to me in these times. I always had a feeling like that which is very hard to explain. I was about to head back home now, as after all, it's just a jogging session. It was already getting quite dark in the alley. I thought of having an appointment with the doctor of the college, or maybe a therapist, although I had no idea what to do. I was already quite a famous and substantial figure in my college. I was instructive, edifying, and a hard-working student. In a short time time, I became a key player in the soccer team of the college. However, in the recent few months, I was quite down for no reason that I can think about or maybe there were these few that are not explanatory. I know that PAIN and its REASON are inseparable but I'm incapable of determining them accurately. Maybe there was something either sweet or bitter tearing me insidiously. Then, I thought leave the big talk, just reach home already. It was a juncture when my roommate would arrive and I didn't want to give him any amusing surprises of me missing and a Dobermann sitting in the room.
While returning, I contacted my university doctor for an appointment for tomorrow. I thought his first expression would be "What happened to my young sad fellow" as he would say always. He asked rather surprisingly then assuming,
" Tomorrow??, do you know the day tomorrow?"
Well anyone would know the answer to that but in this criteria (me), the answer was a straight at the face ' NO ' in caps. With a sarcastic laugh, the doctor replied,
"It's Sunday tomorrow, you moron."
A sudden spark went through my body and my body started shivering. I suddenly asked,
"Doc, did I just forget tomorrow is a holiday by coincidence or am I really ill?"
This time he became a little serious but was still laughing. I couldn't get the point of why he was laughing. he said,
" Obviously you are not my boy, these are nothing. Don't think about it at all or you would worry everyone and even harm yourself."
So after all I was ill. These long nights of not sleeping, talking to a single friend who no one else could see, living in memories of someone who never existed, and having no interactions made me this man. I asked the doctor,
" Sir, I think I need treatment, although I don't know what it is that is within me, eating me up and I can't even tell you but I need help."
He asked," Do you know any counselor near your house?"
" No sir didn't have time to find one"
"Fine, come meet me on Monday, and be on time, and try staying happy, I never saw you smile too"
We then agreed to meet on the next day after Sunday. I should have just said Monday. It was diction that came to help. I finally greeted him ended the call and started jogging back.
my Spotify playlist was goated too that time, just as the call ended the song that started to play was The Weekend's After Hours and Kavinsky's nightcall...
"" Where are you now when I need you most?
I gave it all just to hold you close
Sorry that I broke your heart, your heart
And I said, baby, I'll treat you better than I did before
I'll hold you down and not let you go
This time I won't break your heart ""
"" There's something inside you
It's hard to explain
They're talking about you, boy
But you're still the same
I'm giving you a night call to tell you how I feel
I want to drive you through the night, down the hills ""
I made my playlist to make me cry only, however, I continued running......

to be continued...

0