34 – The First Follower – Reina (2)
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

34 - The First Follower - Reina (2)

 

“Miquela, I never asked you, but what is your full name?” – I asked embarrassed.

“Miquela Aram.” – she said with a small laugh.

“Miquela Aram, do you accept being a follower of Ocien Equalante and Reina Diviner?” – I asked, trying to sound formal.

“I accept.” – she replied immediately.

We wait a few moments to check the system

“She is an Enchanter, one of the candidates for Patronus. The other candidate is the fourth Prince of Vilgarte.” – said Ocien finally.

This confirmed our suspicions, our techniques influence Patron candidates.

“For me, we can confirm her as Patron.” – he suggested.

I agreed knowing we wouldn't get to the other candidate anytime soon. Vilgarte was one of the Kingdoms on the continent and was almost opposite our position.

Opening my system, I went to the followers/companions tab and there I saw the message saying that she was one of the candidates and the other was the Prince.

 

[ Followers / Companions ]

 

Ocien Debulis / Ocien Equalante: Husband

Miquela Aram: Companion / Follower (Candidate for Enchanting Patronus) [Confirm]

 

Focusing on her name I confirmed it.

Her information changed and the prince lost the qualification of being a Patronus and her awakening method emerged.

 

[Status]

 

Name: Miquela Aram

Age: 23

Title: Enchanting Patronus

 

Cultivation:

Mage: 2nd Circle / 2 Stars

 

Techniques: Basic Mage Breathing

 

Affiliation:

Aram (member)

Aden Hospital (Medic)

 

Life: 300

Mana: 838

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 10

Constitution: 15

Intelligence: 43

Will: 24

Wisdom: 39

Charisma: 24

 

15 to 30 days of joint meditation / Body Connection

 

With all of their information laid out in front of me I realized that she was a very competent mistress.

What the Enchantress class was based on will and charisma. Mages are more focused on intelligence and wisdom while Warriors are more focused on strength and dexterity. Would you still have an increase in your intelligence, wisdom or would it be less?

She would maintain the Mage path and be powerful, but not extremely powerful.

“Your Mage Path will not be obstructed, but it is probably best to let it grow naturally. You have a completely new Path to discover.” – I suggested.

Having accepted the proposal, Miquela didn't seem to have much conflict with my suggestion.

“Now that you are part of our group, all you have to do is meditate together with us. Within a month your path should awaken.” – I explained, opting for the more conservative alternative.

Ocien directed a look at me.

“At home we have an extra room, you can keep it or we can organize ourselves in some other way. You need to stay less than a hundred meters away from us while meditating.” – he explained, turning to her.

She agreed to the proposal.

“I've been living in the hospital since I came back to the city. My family ended up moving to County when my parents reached the 3rd Circle.” – she said a little nostalgically.

As she prepared her belongings to follow us home she began to laugh lightly.

“It's still difficult to accept that you are younger than me, but you are stronger.” – she complained jokingly.

As the day was already ending, we caught a little movement along the way. Once again we were flooded with murmurs and comments from people who recognized us.

The empty room had all the furniture necessary for Miquela to settle in comfortably. With my bed broken, Ocien and I ended up settling in his room, which was next door.

I still needed to fully absorb the techniques and skills, so we didn't plan on doing anything other than meditating and sleeping.

The Basic Mage Kit was identical to Ocien's, but the Basic Warrior Kit was different. He had received the Skills: Tiger Step, Mountain Breaking Fist, and Wave Palm.

I on the other hand received Feather Step, Hand Slash and Deep Impact.

The results of the skills were similar, but the way they work differs slightly. Tiger Step is an aggressive movement Skill, while Feather Step is subtle and focuses mainly on lightness. Hand Slash emphasizes penetrative power while Mountain Breaker Fist increases Impact effect. Deep Impact injects my aura into the target to cause damage from the inside out while Wave Palm transfers aura in layers focusing mainly on destabilizing the internal organs and skeleton.

A new routine began. Miquela would have breakfast with us and go to work at the hospital during the day while Ocien and I meditated at home. When she returned from the hospital, we went to a restaurant for dinner and returned to meditate once again.

I needed to absorb all the concepts of the skills before I could think about anything else.

After a week I achieved initial success with my new Skills and was eager to put them to the test.

Inviting Miquela for a hunting mission, we went to the Adventurers Guild to register us. To my surprise, my registration was made with the nickname I had gained after the Beast Wave, Ocien also received an updated Adventurer plate with the nickname Iron Staff.

Our registration said we were Warriors and Mages and out of obligation we needed to reveal our levels.

Miquela, despite being known as a doctor, had not received a nickname.

The mission we accepted was not a hunt, but rather a clean-up. The journey to the location was slower than usual, Miquela was not used to walking through the Swamp and we didn't want to push her too much.

Before leaving we discussed the distribution of resources. Ocien commented that she noticed impurities in his energy when he used Cores and Mana Stones. Miquela confirmed the existence of this theory through her connections with the County.

According to her, before actually reaching a truly insurmountable barrier we should not use resources, otherwise it limits our potential.

Mana Stones worked better, but still affected over time.

Ocien commented, just to me, that after the last session he could no longer feel the impurities.

Because she had access to this information, Miquela cultivated mainly by meditating and used all her resources in her medical studies and therefore never used resources to overcome barriers.

She was originally a Talent, a very different situation than our starting point. We don't know what her normal potential was, but together with us she would grow much more than she initially did.

We arrived at the area we needed to clean, it was close to lunch time.

I immediately drew my saber, Ocien's staff and Miquela prepared her spells. She did not possess a suitable weapon as she had dedicated the last few years entirely to medicine.

The level of the beasts that inhabited that area ranged from the end of the 1st Circle to the middle of the 2nd. We arranged for Miquela to only face the 1st Circle beasts and the rest was up to us.

Even though we were on a similar level to the beasts, our versatility and skills proved superior. Only the leader of the Red-Eyed Monkeys, the predominant species in the area, took a little more work, in the end it was necessary for Ocien and I to work together to defeat him.

The beast's fists were so powerful that my saber couldn't make more than a few superficial cuts. Facing him head on kept him busy long enough for Ocien to prepare a Titanic Crush.

The moment the beast was distracted, Ocien took to the skies with a jump and delivered the Skill directly to its head. The ape was stunned enough for my saber to slip through its defenses and reach its neck.

The cut was not deep, but enough to reach the carotid artery.

We collect the Cores and return to the city. We were tired, but Miquela was even more tired. Only at the beginning of her journey had she struggled and that had been a few years ago.

We stopped at home, took a shower, went to the restaurant and ate enough to scare Miquela. She was used to our voracious appetite, but after a few hours of fighting that appetite was multiplied.

With a visit to the Adventurers Guild we sold all the cores, including those collected by Ocien in recent months. This was in preparation for ordering a custom weapon for Miquela after her awakening.

We still didn't know exactly how Miquela's Enchantress Skills would influence a battle.

Night came and we got ready to sleep.

0