Chapter 63
564 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Help by sharing this novel around.

Read 15 more chapters on Patreon or SubscribeStar, links below.

https://www.patreon.com/Samofthepen

https://subscribestar.adult/samofthepen

AN: If you like what you are reading, you can help by giving my novel Rating.

After entering the Royal Academy, we were ushered into a lecture theater, given an orientation speech, told we would be starting classes in a week, and then given a tour around the school. After that, we were all issued our textbooks. When it was my turn to collect my textbooks, Higher Education textbooks were stacked atop the Lower Education ones, this drew more attention to me, but after days of getting looks from everyone around, I had learned to tune it out.

Next was the uniforms for the nobles that were not revived any yet, we got our measurements taken, and given our uniforms, accompanying the uniform, we were issued a red cloak with the Royal Academy’s insignia which denoted us as freshmen. After I received my red cloak and turned to leave and make way for the person behind me, the lady who handed me the cloak said, “Hold on there, young man, I still have something for you.”

I looked back to see the lady looking at a piece of paper, then reached under the counter and handed me a blue cloak that was for seniors in Higher Education. I once again walked away with eyes following me.

After everyone was gathered once again, we were assigned our dormitories. And from seeing the trend of being assigned things for Higher Education, I was expecting to be placed with the seniors, but I was placed with all the first years instead. 

Just as I was about to leave to collect my stuff to bring to my new lodgings, I was stopped by a lady who I assumed to be one of the academy’s functionaries, she had major no-nonsense secretary vibes, “You Luke Ironcrest?”

I nodded and replied in the affirmative.

“Excellent. Here is a list of courses and application forms to apply for the courses you want to take in your 1st year of Higher Education, please make your decision and hand in your application forms 3 days before classes start, if you have any questions about the courses, please approach the academy’s guidance counselors. You got all that, hon? Fantastic. Bye.”

As swift as the wind, the lady plopped a stack of papers in my arms and walked away before my brain could catch up to all the words that came out of her mouth.

After giving the pile of paper in my hand a cursory glance, I shoved it in my suitcase and started hauling my luggage to my assigned dormitory… Note to self, bring about the invention of luggage wheels at the bottom of the bags for easier travel.

I soon catch up with the tail end of the kids from my batch and catch sight of the dormitory I will be spending the next few years of my life in, and I have to say, it is worthy of being in a prestigious institute such as this.

The dormitory stood as an imposing structure, rising three stories tall with a sturdy brick facade that exudes a sense of history and tradition. Its symmetrical design forms a perfect square, with each side adorned with tall windows framed by ornate stone trimmings. The central courtyard, a spacious area left open within the square structure, serves as a focal point, offering a tranquil oasis amidst the bustling activity of the school.

Upon entering through the grand double doors, I was greeted by a spacious foyer adorned with polished wooden floors and elegant chandeliers hanging from the ceiling above. The walls are lined with portraits of esteemed alumni and past headmasters, adding to the school's sense of heritage and prestige.

The ground floor houses various communal spaces, including a large dining hall where students gather for meals, a well-stocked library filled with rows of bookshelves and cozy reading nooks, and a common room where students can relax and socialize. 

We were instructed to leave our luggage in the lobby as one of the academy’s staff brought us on a tour of our dorm. Ascending the wide staircase to the 2nd and 3rd floor, I saw the dormitories, neatly arranged along spacious corridors. 

Going beyond the 3rd floor was the roof which had a lovely rooftop garden with numerous tables, and what looked to be huge… copper tanks? I will ask about that another time. From this vantage point, one can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding landscape, adding to the school's picturesque charm.

Throughout the campus, lush greenery and meticulously manicured gardens enhance the aesthetic appeal, creating a serene atmosphere.

After the tour ended, we went to grab our luggage and headed to our assigned dorms. That was when I noticed that all the nobles and some of the merchant kids were going in my direction, while all the commoners and most of the merchant kids went in another direction. I later found out that they were heading to one of the two wings of the dormitory that were dedicated to shared rooms, but not me though, all the nobles and rich merchant kids get private rooms.

As I was leaving, I noticed something, there were no girls anywhere here, and after thinking about it it kind of makes sense. The girls most likely got their own dormitories. There are 4 dormitories like this in the 4 cardinal directions of the campus, mine being the western one, and we can’t have horny hormonally charged teenagers sneaking into each other's rooms, that's just trouble waiting to happen.

Once I enter my room. I see it is outfitted with a comfortable bed, a study desk, and ample storage space, as I look further inside, I find a private bathroom… and is that what I think it is?

I went inside the bathroom and there it was, a faucet, after 8 years of washing my hands in a basin of water, it’s beautiful. I recently reached out and turned the handle, and true enough, water came out of the faucet… it brings a tear to my eye. It then dawned on me, that the water comes from those copper tanks on the roof.

If they came up with the faucet, could they have come up with a flushable toilet? I turn around to look for the throne of solitude that I longed for, only to find a chair with a highly polished wooden seat with a hole where my butt is supposed to be, and when I look down that hole, my dreams are shattered, it is just a big bucket that can be taken out by a well-hidden door at the side of the chair.

One day. One day, I will bring the glory of the flushable toilet to this world.

Help by sharing this novel around.

Read 15 more chapters on Patreon or SubscribeStar, links below.

https://www.patreon.com/Samofthepen

https://subscribestar.adult/samofthepen

31