Chapter 68
441 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Help by sharing this novel around.

Read 15 more chapters on Patreon or SubscribeStar, links below.

https://www.patreon.com/Samofthepen

https://subscribestar.adult/samofthepen

AN: If you like what you are reading, you can help by giving my novel Rating.

My first day of compulsory subjects went by rather monotonously for most subjects, I was just going through the motions as the different subject teachers did their “first day of school” introductions and a primer on the subject they were teaching.

And all throughout, I received the same reaction from my classmates as the ones I got from my carriage mates after killing those bandits, although to a lesser degree. Depressing, but i am sure they will come around.

Of all the subjects, the only ones that caught my attention were History and Literature, mainly for the History part, and Basic Natural Sciences, it was interesting to see the way this world looked at physics, and found out that they got most things right, and that magic, or mana in particular, bent some laws of physics in certain situations. 

As for the class of the 2nd language of my choice, it was the only class that was not held in the same classroom due to other students selecting different languages. We all split up to attend the classroom for the specific language we chose in our application.

For my 2nd language, I chose the Elven language… No! It was not because of any influence from a story of short people going on a journey to throw a ring into a volcano!... Ok, maybe a little… Fine! A lot! Shut up! You're the nerd!

When I entered the class and took a seat while waiting for the Elven language teacher to show up, I could not help but notice that a fair chunk of the students in the class were also elves.

Curious about what use Elves would have to attend an Elven Language course, I asked an elf I was sitting next to.

“Hi, I’m Luke Ironcrest.” I said as I offered my hand for a greeting to the elf boy beside me and was politely reciprocated with a handshake as he replied with his name, “Hello, I am Finrod Felagund, pleased to make your acquaintance.”

After getting the introductions out of the way, I asked, “If you don't mind me asking, why are there so many elves taking the Elven Language course? Is it not your first language?”

Finrod nods his head knowingly, “This is not the first time me and the other elves are asked this. We take this class mainly because we were born and raised in human lands and don't spend much time using the elven language, so we take this class to learn more of our native language.”

Just as Finrod was done explaining to me, the classroom door opened to reveal a tall slender elf woman walking in.

She had long blond flowing hair, vibrant green eyes, and full lips, a beauty by most standards. When my eyes went below her face, I was disappointed. Unfortunately, her beautiful face came with a less than well-endowed or proportioned figure.

Sure she had some semblance of an ass, but her chest area… let's just say carriage drivers would have more complaints of bumps on a normal road compared to her chest… the gods are cruel at times.

As the teacher comes to the center of the class, she looks around at the class, and her eyes lock on mine, “You! Why do you have a look of pity in your eyes?!” the elven woman said while pointing at me while covering her chest with her other arm.

Damnit! She is sharp! Did I even show a look of pity for her cutting board of a chest on my face? Quick me, act dumb!

I tried to give my best surprised face and looked around myself like she is pointing to someone else. Finrod was inching his seat away from me.

Eventually, when the pointed finger did not move, I gave a questioning look and pointed at myself.

“Yes. You! What's with your look, huh, you got a problem?” the elf lady shouted, almost childishly.

Playing dumb, I shook my head and said, “What? What are you talking about madam? I was not giving a look to anyone.”

After scowling at me for a few more seconds, she then huffed, stood up straight while adjusting her dress, and mumbled loudly “I will let it go this time.”

After adjusting herself until there was not a hair out of place, she introduced herself, “I am Lirelle Starflower, and I will be your teacher for the Elven Language course for the next 4 years.”

Soon after introductions were made, Lirelle got straight to business with teaching.

***

After 2nd language class, there is an hour's break before the first of the elective courses start. And as requested, I went to Professor Theodore’s office. 

When I arrived, I expected it to be a staffroom where teachers had their own cubicles, but I was sorely mistaken, turns out the school was rich enough to afford every teacher their own office… at minimum. 

I later learned that Deans/Heads of departments or distinguished teachers had their personal research labs attached to their office, compared to other less reputable Acedemys, this is a serious flex.

After being let into the professor’s office, I was sat down on a comfy sofa opposite Professor Theodore, “Do you know why I called you here today?” Theodore asked.

I nodded, “I assume it is in regards to me beating up Oswald and his 2 other followers?”

“Yes… I understand that you have… experience in real-life combat, but did you have to resort to such accessive use of violence? Oswald had a broken nose and the other 2 had some bad bruising” Theodore asked.

To this, I sighed, “Professor, I already gave them a warning to leave me alone, if they stuck to words, I would have left it at that, but they struck first, I gave them a chance and they tried again. At that point, what was I to do? Let them hit me?”

“No. At that point, you were supposed to go get a teacher.” Professor Theodore responded rather heatedly.

I shook my head, “Professor, I take it from Oswald’s group’s behavior this is not the first time they have caused problems of this nature?” I asked, only to have silence as my response, pretty much confirming my question. So I continued, “I thought so, the only reason they continue this behavior is because they have not met any true consequences, always hiding behind their family name. I have 4 years left in this institute, and I would rather not waste it on the likes of Oswald and his ilk.”

Having said my piece, I sat there with folded arms and as stern a look as I could muster. 

After a few seconds of silence, Professor Theodore released a sigh, “I understand your point of view, but I would ask you to adhere to the Academy's rules, I will let you off with a warning this time, next time, there will be disciplinary action.”

Oh? Then what of my attackers? Do they get off scot-free? I was tempted to ask out loud but let it rest to not extend this meeting.

After getting chewed out a bit more, I left the room to get a quick bite and head to my elective courses.

***

In the hollow gap between the walls that separate Professor Theodore Fairfax’s office from another office, was a man in a janitor's uniform and a face so average and generic, that if he walked into a crowd, he would blend in seamlessly.

As he observed the target of his observation leave the room and Professor Theodore Fairfax stay on his couch to pour himself a cup of tea, The man in a janitor's uniform silently closed a small slit he was using to observe and eavesdrop on the conversation and made his way to the next location he could observe his target from.

As he navigated the secret passages, he muttered to himself, “Interesting kid.”

Help by sharing this novel around.

Read 15 more chapters on Patreon or SubscribeStar, links below.

https://www.patreon.com/Samofthepen

https://subscribestar.adult/samofthepen

32