Chapter: 4
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing them, even though the extreme fear and the confusion as to why Luna had become like that, none of it had disappeared. Not even the slightest. However, what does change is that he felt a sort of relief, relief at seeing them, relief in the fact that they hadn’t changed — and didn’t turn into something like Luna.  

Although seeing them, he did not slow his pace. In fact! His speed seems to pick up, while he run’s to them frantically. In no time at all, he reached them, his breathing, heavy and roughed. 

Centered in the middle, with blonde heads around her was his mom. Her eye for some reason is blocked by a shade of black. But other than that, when she smiled at him. It seems to radiate brightness, giving Jaune a sense of comfort, which these passed minutes, he’d not experience. 

With a gentle smile she asked him, “What seems to be troubling you?” Her soft gentle voice seemed to echo across the dining area, giving off an eerie feeling. Momentarily Jaune could honestly say he felt a little creep out. Huh? How did mom’s voice echo like this, when she spoke so softly…? Although this thought popped out, Jaune didn’t think much more of it. 

Because what’s important now is to tell her and the others about what had happened to Luna. After all he didn’t have time, he could feel Luna approaching, closing the gap at a very fast pace. 

Trying to slow his heavy panting. In a second or two, he managed to force one word out of his mouth, which actually sounded clear. 

“L-Luna!!” 

“Luna?” His mom said, “Is something the matter with her?” 

“S-sh-” it was still very hard for him to calm down. “Sh-she turned.” He didn’t even manage to finish what he wanted to say. As the sound of Luna’s feet thudded the floor, it became ever so closer. And knowing this terrifies him so much that he forces his voice to come out.     

“Luna, she-she turned into a monster!!” He then pointed in the opposite direction. “R-right there! She’s coming! Coming…!!” Hearing him, his mom and the rest looked past him, and into the direction he pointed at. 

A good full second went by, without them responding or reacting. Another second went by afterward, finally they looked back at Jaune. “Sweetie there's nothing there. Your sister is not there either. Hmm, now that you mention it, where is that sister of your’s?”   

“Huh?” Jaune was confused. How could his mom not hear that huge noise coming from the hallway?It's loud enough for anyone to hear as long as they're in this building. Wait!? How come, I can’t hear the noise…any- Jaune thought were halted. 

His mom's voice interrupted his racing thoughts. 

“Oh yeah! She’s right here.” She looked slightly over to her left. Causing Jaune to instinctively look as well. And in just a second, his face contorted into a shocking freight — while also simultaneously staggering backward. Then, in fast motion he tipped over and fell flat on his butt. 

Luna! She looks to be normal again, no longer having that monstrous appearance. But even so this didn’t calm Jaune at all, as his heart started to race loudly. 

“Hm? What got you so freaked out? It’s just me. You're charming, Big sis.” 

Luna's voice had returned to normal and sounded just like the usual. However seeing the sight of his sister being normal again had not done wonders for Jaune, instead it made things worse. 

His teeth chattering loudly, he continued staring at Luna for a good five seconds. No amount of words can help him comprehend what had just happened. H-how is she here? Wasn’t she in the hallway? No! She’s normal looking again? His thoughts flow about, looking for questions.   

“Jaune, it's rude to stare at your sister like that.” Crystal spoke up, looking at her son she further added. “What has gotten into you today?” 

“Yeah, little brother. Although I ain’t complaining, but, I much rather you stare without looking so frightful.” 

“Yea, Jaune.” 

“Yea, Jaune.” 

“Yea, boy. What got into you?” 

All of them simultaneously said one after another, including his dad. In the end, the last to speak was his big sister, who is none other than Saphron. “Baby brother, is something wrong? You're acting like you’ve seen a monster?.” 

Hearing all of them spoke, like a statue, he was unmoving — until a good half a minute went by. Finally he could help but speak up, his voice still not fully steady. “I-you, I-I saw Luna turning into a monster. Then, she chased me down the stairs! Wanted to dress me up.” Jaune really couldn’t understand how Luna got here, moreover normal looking.   

“Chased you? How could I have done that when I have always been here.” She paused for a second and continued. “How could you call me a monster, furthermore, I had only thought of dressing you up later during the day.” 

She finished, while seemingly taking out a girl dress that looked similar to the other one. In fact, it didn’t look just similar, it perfectly resembled the previous one. Seeing the dress, Jaune moved backward hastily. He pointed one finger and said with a haste voice, “that dress!” 

That dress started everything, he remembered that when Luna tried to put that on him she inexplicably turned into a monster. 

“Oh…little brother, did you by chance? Have nightmares because of this.” She holds the dress in front of her with two hands while sighing. And she wasn’t the only one that sighs, the others as well. “Baby brother, I think Luna is right. You might’ve had a nightmare.” 

“Nightmare?” Jaune murmured, then immediately his voice intensified. “How can it be a nightmare? When it felt so real!.” 

“Sweetie. I think you might have thought about it a lot before going to sleep. And so it may have caused you to have a nightmare.” She paused slightly and added. “But, it’s all over now, best not to think about it anymore. It's breakfast time, thinking about it too much may ruin your breakfast.”   

Breakfast? Jaune looks at his mom. Although her eyes were blocked by a shaded black thing. Jaune didn’t seem to notice any of this. Because truth be told, all of his family's eyes can’t be seen, as it's blocked by the same thing like his mom.  

Is it really just a nightmare? He was filled with confusion, unable to understand it. N-no, wait! It felt…his thought was interrupted, as his mom came closer to him and extended her hand out. 

Her smile seems to illuminate and dismiss any and all thoughts he currently has. Making Jaune feel comfortable and no longer have those thoughts. 

“Come. My sweet little Jaune, the nightmare is all over. Forget all about it and have breakfast with all of us.” 

A brief moment went by, hearing her, he looked blankly for a moment. Before unknowingly accepting what she said. 

Because this final sentence had completely eased his mind, after all it came from his mom. Now, treating everything as they say. Just a nightmare. With slow speed he stretched his arm out and grabbed her hand. And she immediately pulled him up gently, in just a moment he was up, now standing on his two feet. 

He looked at every one, his sisters, his father and his mom. And with a raised hand, he bumps it together with his head. Then, he said with a smile, “eh…I can’t believe I dream of such a nightmare. Heh? You know, it’s all you guys fault.” 

“Our fault?” Luna and Saphron simultaneously responded. 

“Yeah, if it wasn’t because of you all I wouldn't be having such nightmares.” Although Jaune loved his sisters, he won’t deny that the nightmare came from them. A moment of silence passed, Luna grinned and giggled. Likewise Saphron mirrored her…

“Little brother, we’re sorry about that.” Luna apologies seem to be genuine, but at the same there seems to be something contained within those words. Unfortunately, Jaune was ignorant of this, completely taken in by his mom’s words previously. 

“It’s just…you're too adorable in it. Making it hard for me, Luna, and the rest of us to resist. You can understand how adorable you are in those dresses, right?” 

Saphron completed the rest of what Luna wanted to say. However, hearing them Jaune huffed. “Well…just to let you all know, that I won’t ever let those dresses be put on me. And I’ll try my best to make sure that happens.” 

“He he he he….” Both Luna and Saphron giggles ever more so. “Then, try your best. After all were quite skilled at making our brother more adorable.”  

Holding Jaune's hand, Crystal walked forward with him. “Mm, it’s nice that you're all getting along, but remember we still got breakfast to eat.” She continued with slow steps while the others followed, eventually being in front of them. 

Jaune heaved a sigh, his mom can alway break off conversation whenever she wanted. Taking a couple more steps, Crystal halted suddenly, causing Jaune to halt as well. “After all…we wouldn’t want to spoil our fun afterward.” She turns back to Luna and others. Speaking in a low, yet, echoing voice — her smile became somewhat mysterious. “Right? Everyone.” 

Fun afterwards? Puzzled, Jaune was clueless. He then looked up high into her face and asked. “Mom is the ‘fun’ you mention being the sightseeing part of our trip?” 

Crystal looked down and replied after a moment of time passed. “Why no. My dear sweetie.” 

“Then what is it?” Jaune was genuinely clueless, by now. If it isn’t that, what could it be? Clueless, his curiosity started to kick in. Having been asked, Crystal replied softly, “you’ll know once breakfast is done.” 

“That’s not fair, they get to know. Why can’t I” he puffed his cheeks out and pretended to whine. If his sister knows, he’d want to know too. As he continues to pretend to whine. At the very least a few seconds have passed, and in that time Crystal faced Jaune with her hidden eyes. Her thoughts unknown at the moment, Crystal pursed her lip slightly and in the next few seconds…then chuckles with a quiet and echoing laugh. 

After an unknown seconds passed, she paused and then parted her lips. “Alright, if my sweetie is so eager. How can I refuse?” 

Hearing her agreed, Jaune's whining voice halted immediately. With a curious tone, he inquired, “then can you tell me now!?” 

“In a second.” Crystal replied. Then turn over to her husband and daughters, “you heard. Our little Jaune wanted to know. Should I say it, or one of you be a dear and tell your brother…” 

“…?” Jaune's ears pricked up, while one eyebrow furrowed. It feels odd to him that they will need to do this when it is just telling him what they’ll do after breakfast. Is there a need to hide it from him when basically everyone knows…

“Me. I’ll tell little brother” Mostly expected. Luna was quick to answer, she looked thrilled to be the one to tell him. Taking a few steps forward, Luna eventually halted close to Jaune — while he stood without moving, waiting for the answer. Heh? Why doesn’t mom just say it herself? He inwardly thinks. At the same time, also sighing, feeling that it is not like them to keep him waiting …well his mom that is. 

He was sure that his mom only hides secrets and keeps him waiting when it's something important, or like when it’s his birthday. To him this was getting a little unusual. 

Without saying anything Luna lips curled up into a grin. She then puts her hand together, “little brother, before I can tell you. I need you to close your eyes.” 

“Why?” His voice was filled with puzzlement. Immediately he inquired, “why do I need to close my eyes?” Still with her eyes, blocked by an unusual dark shade of black that covered all parts of it, which Jaune still doesn’t seem to notice. She chuckled and responded with a whispering voice. “Because it’s very important.” 

Important? then how come everyone seems to know…? Jaune wanted to blurted out. But he held himself back, currently only wishing they hurried up and told him already. With a retaliate expression, Jaune nodded. “Fine…I’ll cover them with my hands. Are you happy?” 

“Heh. Yap.” Satisfy, Luna nodded at him. 

Without much delay, he hoisted his hands up. Then with a normal pace — moved it near his eyes and quickly covered every last inch, leaving no room to see out. Unable to see, he immediately notified her. “My eyes are perfectly closed, now can you tell me.” 

His words were met with silence. “Huh? What aren’t you speaking? Did you hear me, I’m ready to hear it now.” 

Yet again, none responded. Causing him to be annoyed, so he called out a few more times. But no one answered, and with that. In the blink of an eye, a whole 30 seconds went by. He still didn’t gain any response, causing him to be more than annoyed, even slightly mad. 

“Hello! Luna, Saphron, mom—is anyone gonna say anything!” 

Unknown amount of time passed afterward…With no one still not responding. He was beginning to be tired of this, whatever prank their pulling, huffed inwardly. Humph! These jerks! They could at least say something…he was irritated. Feeling that they had fool him, with no hesitation he uncovered his eyes. Upon his dark blue eyes being fully uncovered, Jaune thought the first thing that would come into view would be them. But instead he saw none of his family members. 

A moment passed, in a quicken voice Jaune called out to Just about any of them. As in this moment, not seeing either one of them — strangely gives him a bad foreboding, making somewhat nervous. 

With that said. Seeing no one he called out and out, but let alone not receiving a response. They didn’t even show up. Because of this, Jaune’s nervousness rises. Once again fear crept out from within his mind — and it only continued to grow, the more time passed.   

An uncertain amount of time passed. Unable to get why they suddenly disappear, added with the extreme nervous and uneasy feeling. Tears were about to leak out of his eyes when suddenly…the once silent place began to have sound coming from the back of him. 

And it wasn't just any sound. Instead it was the sound of his family seemingly talking amongst themselves. With haste he turned around and there they were — seated in one of the middle dining tables. Happily eating and talking, while their eyes are still covered by a strange black shade.  

Looking at them, unable to hold himself back. Jaune kicked off and hastily ran off to them, emotion flared up as relief overtook him. In just under five seconds, he had gotten close to the table his family seated at and halted. He exhaled for a brief moment and cried out. 

“What’s the deal? Playing this disappearing joke on me like this!” Although, he may have come off as wanting an answer. But, in truth, he was very glad just to be able to see them right now.   

Meanwhile a breath of time passed. Hearing Jaune, Crystal halted her forks mid-air then slowly turned over to look at Jaune. Her eyes may be covered, but one can tell that she was smiling. “Hmm, oh? Sweetie. Why didn’t you come eat with us sooner?” 

“Sooner? But Luna told me to cover my eyes. And I did! Then I called out and no one answered. No! Never mind that. Why are you all here!?” Jaune words were hastily worded out by him. 

Pausing for a second, no one replied — until eventually his mom did. “Oh that, sweetie I’m sorry…hmm, tell you what.” She pursed her lips slightly, then continued “I got a surprise for you.” 

An surprised? He was puzzled. So he hurriedly questioned her, “mom, I don’t get it. What are you talking about? Also weren’t you or the other gonna tell me about the ‘fun’ thing you mention. Also what was that for?” Tears were almost leaking, he couldn’t believe that they'd leave him alone like that.  

Chuckledly,Crystal seems to not notice his almost tearing eyes and instead mysteriously siad. “This is the surprised, because…” stretching out her hand from the left, out of nowhere a little drass suddenly popped out. Then with no delay, she held the clothes out to show Jaune. “I got you a dress” 

In the same time the dress was held out, Jaune eyebrows stand on end while his eyes widen. Hesitation, and a feeling of something bad occurred slipped into his mind. 

With a panting breath, he took a step backward, while at the same, thought of asking his mom if he'd heard wrongly. However, unfortunately with the show of the dress being held out so openly. He involuntarily didn’t think he’d heard wrong. 

Halted, a second or two went by…he looked at his mom with a hesitated gaze. Not able to understand even after thinking. Jaune felt the need to ask his mom. 

“M-mom. I didn’t know you were such a joker.” Although he wanted to clarify, a part of him also thought that his mom was just joking around. 

Smiling mysteriously, Crystal replied with a small chuckle. Then, a moment later, except her, all the others moved their chairs slightly backward and then stood up with a grin hanging from all their faces. Next, like Crystal the same looking dress appeared in each one of their hands. 

“No!?” A horrifying thought surfaced in his mind. Recalling the appearance his sister had when she was chasing him. 

“It can’t be!? How could all of you!!” His voice abortly halted. As the last of his family members to stand up was his mom. “Don’t worry, it’ll be quick.” She said, upon fully getting out of her seat. Then! Without even time for Jaune to respond, she suddenly transforms. 

Her appearance became similar to Luna monster form, although with the difference being that they look originally different, making her monster look similar, yet, different from Luna. 

“Ah…!” Her transformation causes Jaune legs to go weak. Although from his sister Luna he had kind of expected that this may happen, but even so, how could he be ready to see it happen again. With his legs going weak, Jaune fell and slumped hard on the floor. Causing a thud sound to unusually echo. 

“Baby brother…hehe I can’t wait to put this on you.” After that, Saphron turn into one as well. And amidst that, Luna also says a few words, then the same happens to her. While the rest follows as they begin turning into similar types of monsters. 

Meanwhile, amidst the middle of this. Jaune quivered with extreme terror, unable to move as his legs became limp — seemingly rooted to the floor.  

“What’s wrong Jaune? Don’t be afraid. It’ll only take a minute.” Turning into this their voice became more harsh and rougher, giving Jaune the utmost freight. “No! No! Don’t come over. Don’t come over…!!” 

He cried out loudly. His voice quivering extremely while his teeth chattering, making rapid sound. Unfortunately, Jaune words did nothing as they continued to stride over to him, their feet thudding the floor with each step. 

Eventually reaching him, as their monstrous face looks downward at Jaune.   

“Alright. Are you ready.” 

They said while extending their hand downward. The dress being held in their hand, as they all seem to want to dress him up. In no time, their hand began to touch his, which he struggled with all his might. “No! No! No…!!” His struggles seem meaningless, yet, he continues to do so. Until, eventually everything seems to go black… 

0