Chapter 2: Son of Furos
10 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the newly reincarnated Franz Logos sits in his room, he ponders his existence a bit now that he's suddenly become a baby.

(So it looks like I, Reiji Kusanagi, have become the Demon Lord's son Franz Martinez Logos.)

(I'll admit, hearing that I've become the son of a demon, and royalty at that, was pretty suprising. Now the question is, what do I do now that I'm a baby?)

Some footsteps can be heard outside the room.

"Franz, are you here, dear?"

It looks like his new mom Mia Logos was searching for him. Is it feeding time already?

"Your birthday cake has been prepared. Don't you wanna eat?" Mia asks.

(I do wanna eat, but I'm worried. It's been a long time since I could have a proper birthday party with others. I'm afraid I might screw it up again.) Franz contemplates to himself. He doesn't know what to do.

"How about after the party is over, we can get some ice cream? You might like that." Mia says, trying to cheer him up.

(I do want ice cream...oh, screw it. Whatever happens, happens. I don't want to feel alone again like last time.)

Franz raises his hands in the air, waiting to be carried by his mother.

"Come along then, dear." Mia picks him up and takes him to the party, while Franz is worried about how the party will go.

They eventually arrive at the party, and a lot of demons seem to be waiting for them.

"Prince Franz is here! Get the cake ready!"

A demon chef arrives with his birthday cake, and to Franz's surprise, it looks extremely well made. That chef must've spent a very long time preparing this.

(Holy shit! This looks amazing! I gotta hand it to him, he really went the extra mile. I've gotta thank him somehow.) Franz thinks to himself.

Then he gets an idea. He grabs a nearby napkin and writes the words "thank you" with the whipped cream on the cake. He quickly hand it over to the chef.

"My liege, there's really no need to thank me! I'm just...

Wait a second, when did he learn to write!? And such good handwriting at that!" The chef exclaims, he's surprised the newly born Franz had already become literate.

(Ah shit, I forgot I'm a newborn! I'm not supposed to be learning words yet.)

Then his father Furos and a humanoid, scaly one eyed monster with teeth on it's stomach enter the room.

"Are you blind? He's Lord Furos' son, of course he'd learn that much as a newborn. He's just that great!" The humanoid monster brags.

"Well that may be true, General Tarkus, but even I could do much more than this as a newborn."

(I couldn't even learn how to properly use my hands as a child! Even I'm surprised!) Furos thinks to himself.

(Oh hey, father's here! And it looks that one-eyed reptile thing is named Tarkus. I should try to remember these guys' names. This new world naming sense is confusing...)Franz thinks to himself, remembering to keep a note to self about demon names.

"Good evening, dear. I thought you had to take care of the heroes." Mia says.

"I decided to leave it to the elite guard, I couldn't miss my own son's birthday!" Furos exclaims.

"That's great and all, but you should really think about them too, you know! Don't just leave tasks to your subordinates like that on a whim!" Mia is mad that her husband is so irresponsible.

"Oh come on now..."

Franz tries to get his fathers attention through baby noises, he wants his father to say hi to him.

"I'm sorry about that, ha ha ha... How's your cake, my boy? I personally gathered the ingredients myself just for this occasion!" Furos laughs and brags about his achievement.

"See, honey? Even I can do this much! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

"You shut up now, you jerk!" Mia pouts, lightly hitting his chest.

(Cute...honestly I was kinda scared when I heard they were demons, but so far they've been great parents.) Franz is happy to have such a lively family.

Then a carriage consisting of skeleton bones and undead horses appears, with two people of the opposite sex inside.

"Franz, are you here!? Your older brother has arrived!" A man in red clothing steps out of the carriage, he appears to be royalty.

"Me first!" The girl inside pushes the man out of the way. "Hey!"

The two of them seem to be  in fighting between themselves. It's likely they're brother and sister.

"Stop it, you too. You don't want to look disgraceful in front of your little brother now, do you?" Tarkus exclaims, stopping the fight.

(Wait, are these two my siblings?) Franz thinks to himself.

"Oh, of course. Good evening, little brother. My name is Freya, I'm your big sister!"

"And I'm Ajax, your older brother. It's great to see you, little guy!"

Franz is surprised. He didn't think such high class people were his siblings. Though that's probably to be expected, since he is the son of the highest royalty right now.

"Hi big brother! Hi big sister! It's nice to see you!" (Oh crap! I did something unfitting of a baby again...) Franz has realized he made another mistake yet again.

However, they don't seem to care.

Freya: "Yay! He called me big sister!"

Ajax: "Psh, that's nothing! He called me big brother first. Which means he loves me more than you! In your face, ya brat!"

Furos: "Hey! No fighting! This is his birthday party, we're supposed to be enjoying this occassion."

Both: "Yes, father..."

"Good, now go to your rooms and get dressed." Furos tells them.

As the two of them walk away, Ajax gets close to Franz's ear.

"If your sister asks you to dress up for her, don't listen to what she says. Trust me, you'll regret it." Ajax whispers.

Unfortunately, Freya heard it.

"Oh yeah!? Well if Ajax asks you to be his sparring partner, don't listen to him either! He's a menace on the battlefield, and you certainly wouldn't want an older brother as scary as him, right?" Freya retaliates with a smirk on her face.

Once again, the two start in fighting between each other. Although, Franz doesn't seem to mind.

(I guess I'm no longer alone anymore. I really am happy to be in this family...)

2