Chapter 31: Do great things and commit great deaths!
430 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ishtar left the room in shock.

She really didn't expect——

Even in the face of the powerful means of direct termination by the gods, whether it was Gilgamesh, Luo Wei, or even the clay figure made by the gods, they all seemed fearless.

Aren't they afraid?

Although they had been acting extremely recklessly before this, it was different now than before.

The two ends of the strongest 'beasts' in the Mesopotamian plains, the mythical beast Gugalanna and the demonic beast Humbaba, can be said to be the strongest interference that the gods can exert on the human world at this moment.

As the incarnation of the Mistress of Heaven for Ishtar Rin, even thinking about it feels terrifying.

"I hope they can hold on..." Outside the house, on the streets of Uruk where the sun was shining, the goddess paused in her steps, then looked sideways and behind her.

The bare feet swayed slightly, and the graceful body wrapped in a long red coat looked quite uneasy.

Inexplicably, she hoped that Gilgamesh and the others would win.

Maybe it was because of Luo Wei's difference.

Or maybe...she was just influenced by 'Tohsaka Rin' and didn't want to see the tragedy of thousands of miles of barren ground and corpses littering the world happen.

"It's better to tell the goddess of the underworld..."

'Elli..maybe she could help.'

With this thought in mind, she left Uruk completely.

But inside,

After she left, the surroundings fell into a long period of silence.

No one said anything - they seemed worried, at least on the surface.

Well...let's not mention what worries Gilgamesh and Enkidu had for now.

The only thing Luo Wei was worried about was..

How to let himself die tragically.

Challenge the Bull of Heaven or Humbaba alone?

Or... completely transform himself into the 'God's Key' and achieve some other level of death?

'What is Luo Wei thinking?'

Enkidu blinked, seeing that Luo Wei was silent; she didn't know what to say.

But... the slender hand that quietly stretched out grasped his palm at the same time.

Feeling the soft and delicate touch of his fingers, the latter also came back to his senses; he turned his gaze sideways and saw the delicate face that was very close, with picturesque eyebrows, slightly parted red lips, and emerald eyes reflecting the stars.

Enkidu?

What does she want to do?

His subconsciously lowered gaze, however, pierced through her pure white robe, faintly glimpsing the fair and smooth skin beneath it.

Her waist was slender, her curvaceous hips slightly raised, and her long legs slowly came together to one side of his.

The triangular area at the end was gathered in a deep and profound way.

Shockingly beautiful.

But it also exudes an inexplicably reassuring aura.

"Luo Wei, it's okay, don't worry... we will win." Enkidu held his palm with both hands, looked directly at him, and said: "No matter what... I will stand with you together."

"Because we are friends, right?"

'I have never seen such a friend...'

Luo Wei squirted his eyes and glanced at the softness just a few inches away from him.

Obviously a female...

How is she asexual?

Of course, Enkidu, who was not interested in worldly affairs, did not have so many ideas and did not understand these things.

But obviously,

She mistakenly thought that he was really worried about the two beasts sent by the gods.

"Hahahaha, that's right!"

Gilgamesh laughed again, and it had to be said that this guy's laughter did have a magical quality that could make people either feel upset or at ease.

He sat on the chair with his arms folded across his chest, his crimson eyes gleaming with an astonishing sharpness under his flowing golden hair.

"As an honor for those who once fought alongside this king, I hereby grant you the status of being my friends, equal to this king!" he declared, "Then naturally, I will not allow anyone to harm my friends!"

"Siduri!"

He suddenly said loudly.

"His Majesty!" a crisp response came from outside the door, and a young female adjutant entered wearing a long dress, her face veiled by a light veil as she walked in gracefully.

Siduri, who had rested for a whole day, seemed to be in much better spirits than before.

"Tell them what preparations I have made!" Gilgamesh waved his hand.

"Yes!" Siduri faithfully performed her duties as an assistant officer, although in Luo Wei's view, this assistant officer was more like Gilgamesh's mother, helping him with everything.

"According to his majesty's instructions, I have given an order to dispatch scouts to the east and west."
Siduri said, looked at Gilgamesh again, and then continued:

"According to the revelation by his majesty's wisdom, if the Celestial Bull and Humbaba were to appear, they would undoubtedly be in these two places."

"The east is where the sun rises, the initial sign of divine revelation, while the west is where the sun sets, the boundary of impending death."

"As the mightiest divine beasts and magical beasts, whether it's the Bull of Heaven or Humbaba, their descent requires the most suitable locations to absorb the ether from the atmosphere to shape their vessels for activity, and these two places are the most suitable."

"As soon as they appear, there will be immediate reports from the scouts!"

"At the same time--"

"At the same time." Gilgamesh took up the topic and said,
"I have also sent people to the temple of sacrifice, instructing those priests to proclaim my will to their gods: regarding their advice, I am considering it."

"Those rotten and stupid guys will inevitably believe it and temporarily slow down the power to support the manifested material bodies of the Bull of Heaven and Humbaba."

"We can also have more time to prepare, right?"

Luo Wei said nothing, and Enkidu was the one who continued to think.

"Yes, you are indeed a friend recognized by this king!" Gilgamesh said, looking at Luo Wei, seeing that he didn't speak and seemed to be thinking..he didn't care.

Instead, he continued: "The Bull of Heaven," 'Gugalanna' and " The Demonic Beast," 'Humbaba' are 'beasts' of the same standard, but Humbaba, who has been imprisoned by the gods in the snowy mountains and forests in the darkest place in the heaven, is wild and untamable and is far more difficult to deal with than the Bull of Heaven."

"So my idea is to deal with the Bull of Heaven first and then target Humbaba, easy first and then hard!"

"Although I hate to admit it, facing those two brutes, even with the brilliance as great as mine, and even with you to share, will still be very difficult. So I'm also considering reaching out to divide and gain the support of the gods!"

"Those rotten guys are never unified all the time!"

For example, the sun god, Gilgamesh's grandfather, Shamash, was in opposition to the current ruling god of the heavens, Anu.

And there's his own mother, the goddess of omniscience.

So, his strategic thinking was very clear, and there was no mistake in the general direction.

Should it be said that he is worthy of being a king who rules a country?

As long as someone doesn't make a mistake, it's still worth relying on.

But Luo Wei's thoughts followed his words and drifted to other places.

According to Gilgamesh's plan, they still have time.

According to the thinking of this young Uruk king, after making sufficient preparations, it did not seem impossible to deal with the two evil beasts.

However, this was not what he wanted.

Definitely not.

After experiencing several previous failures, Luo Wei, at this moment, had deeply realized a fact.

If he wanted to make a big death, he must do big things first!

After all, he had received the blessing of the goddess of the underworld.

Even though he was not directly immortal, but he was no longer influenced by the underworld, and in this world, the normal method of seeking death might no longer work.

So, at this moment, what he was thinking about was no longer solving the problem of the Bull of Heaven and Humbaba.

But... to completely eliminate the gods in the sky who claimed to control everything.

This was not possible before.

It would be difficult for just the three of them to do it.

But if they could gather the power of the entire Mesopotamian plain and unify all the forces of this ancient civilization... plus the three of them, plus the support of the underworld goddess Ereshkigal, it might be worth a try.

This was not impossible.

Humanity of ancient civilizations would unite in the face of a crisis that could destroy everything.

The Bull of Heaven and Humbaba could fulfill this role.

So, taking advantage of the situation, he could also turn this crisis into an opportunity!

Yes.

At this moment, what he thought of was once again using the Key of Heaven he possessed as the door, using the Lock of Heaven as the rope, using the Wedge of Heaven as the road, and using the connection between the underworld and the human world as the force...

To fulfill unfinished business.

To truly challenge the divine power.

To drag the gods down to the dust.

19