Chapter 34: Ziusudra Is Coming
324 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During this period, Luo Wei rarely went out.

However, he knew that the scenery of the city-state of Uruk remained the same, but many things had changed.

From that day on, as Gilgamesh, him, and Enkidu came to the final conclusion in the hut and turned it into actual actions, what they concluded and talked about also set the stage for what would happen next in Uruk.

So the 'Policy' was set in the direction.

And the Uruk people living here were the best at detecting this change.

So after this change, every time they started a new day of life and work, whenever they went out, they found that there were more guards on the city walls and fewer people on the streets.

Needless to say, there were few businessmen who had traveled from all over the world.

During these days, merchants were invited by Siduri one after another, accepted the employment of this young auxiliary officer of Uruk, and dispersed to various places in the Mesopotamian plain, spreading the news as planned.

No matter the era, businessmen were the most mobile group of people.

Even in the most remote villages and settlements, as long as it was profitable, they were never absent.

So, soon, all kinds of news spread like a whirlwind.

Some said that the gods were tired of humanity and planned to create the world-destroying flood of ancient times to destroy and recreate the world.

Others said that the gods wanted to sacrifice all humans and turn their power back to the Mesopotamian plains to rule the world.

These messages appeared one after another as if driven by an invisible hand, and regardless of how the sacrifices of various gods explained it, it had no effect.

In this case, even if the words of the gods were clear and the punishment was said to be sent, it would not affect other city-states, but when their credit was bankrupt, many countries still could not avoid being shaken.

So they began to unconsciously band together.

Originally, according to Luo Wei's and Gilgamesh's plan, these countries should have formed an alliance with Uruk as the leader.

After all, Uruk was undoubtedly the strongest country in this vast plain.

But now,

Even though many city-states had indeed handed over alliance tablets to Uruk and asked for asylum, but some of them were moving closer to another powerful city-state...

"Is that so?" Luo Wei asked, his voice echoing in the courtyard.

"Yes," Siduri glanced at Gilgamesh.

Seeing that the king just leaned his hand on the armrest and tilted his head, deep in thought, and had no intention of replying to anyone, she could only answer Luo Wei's question:

"It was the outsiders from the Akkadian city who took the lead in opposing Uruk."

Hearing the report from the young assistent, Luo Wei touched his chin.

He had obviously heard of the city of Akkadian - it was a record he saw while reading history books after discovering Gilgamesh's existence and knowing that he had transmigrated to the ancient Mesopotamia of Type-Moon world.

It was a city-state formed by outsiders hundreds of years ago.

In the future, it would even replace the state of Uruk after its decline and become the new overlord of this vast plain.

The famous "Code of Hammurabi" in later generations also came from this city-state civilization.

Of course, the subsequent heyday would happen later.

At least for now, the city-state of Akkad did not possess the power to rival Uruk.

And the reason why it was rearing its head at this moment...

"Is it to support the gods and take advantage of the opportunity to tear off a piece of flesh from our Uruk to nourish and strengthen their own power?"
He immediately thought of this, after all this kind of thing was very possible.

It was even possible that the state of Akkad had obtained the promise and permission of the gods....so they were indeed enemies.

"What are you going to do about it?" He raised his eyebrows and asked.

"Everything in the sky and under heaven belongs to this king. Faced with the rabble daring to covet what belongs to this king, we shall employ thunderous means to deter all who are not loyal!"
Gilgamesh's response was natural.

As a majestic king, he had one rule; those who dares to attack his territory deserves to die.

And his territory is everywhere.

Also he was not alone in this regard.

"Intolerable."
Even Siduri, who had always been gentle in the past, became uncharacteristically tough.

"Just kill anyone who dares to block the way," Enkidu also put forward her opinion with a smile. "Weapons are meant to be used this way."

This small courtyard had now become the second meeting place outside the palace.

And the opinions of those present were largely unanimous.

Because at this moment, they represented the attitude of Uruk, the regional hegemon, which would not tolerate any challenges.

"But the question is, can Uruk have the strength to attack now?" Luo Wei pointed out a crucial question.

The appearance of divine beasts and monsters on both the eastern and western fronts required someone to keep watch and guard against possible surprises.

The city-states that had already submitted alliance tablets to Uruk would also need to meet and coordinate..

In the past, it seemed that there was really nothing Uruk could do against the Kingdom of Akkad unless Gilgamesh took action himself.

"But again, the king must not move lightly - even if he has a bad mouth, he is still a symbol of the kingdom and the ultimate deterrent.
More importantly... without any pretext, everyone in other city-states will be free.
It's dangerous and not conducive to our plan,"
Luo Wei glanced at Gilgamesh and suppressed his eagerness to try.
In fact, it was just a random excuse that Gilgamesh couldn't refute.

"So, let me do it!"

"Let's first explore the background of the city-states that have taken refuge in Akkad and see what those guys are planning to do...and then make a decision!"

That's right, how could he be omitted from something that was already planned and had the chance to lead to death?

The cistates of this era did not have the custom of not killing the envoys when two countries were at war...so it was definitely worth giving it a try.

"It's up to me to carry out the king's orders when dealing with foreign countries to frighten them!"

"Then me too..." Enkidu immediately also raised her hand.

"Little En, you should stay in the royal city!"
Luo Wei didn't let Endiku finish what he wanted to say:
"You are the real core, and I can only rest assured if you stay - this is for you, we can use this in the future and sense each other's presence."

Although Enkidu was reluctant to separate from Luo Wei, he still nodded and took the 'key' handed over by him.

This 'key' allowed them to communicate with each other and allowed Luo Wei to know their status at any time - even if there was only a slight abnormality, he could know it instantly.

"I'll give you one too." Luo Wei tossed one to Gilgamesh.

The latter took it without refusal and, as usual, said something that seemed difficult to understand.

"A stray dog that just returned from scavenging in the gutter not long ago, do you still want to go wandering?"

He actually wanted Luo Wei to rest for a few more days.

"Compared to me, a guy with a bad mouth like you is more likely to die from overwork, so you should worry about yourself first!"

"Don't think that I don't know. Since the plan was finalized, you have been staying in the palace all day and staying up all night to comment on such matters."

Should it be said that it was because of him that Gilgamesh, who was always involved in everything in his later years, appeared in advance?

Facing the plan to fight the gods, the young king of Uruk had indeed shown great interest.

Luo Wei stretched out his hand: "Hand it over!"

"Huh?" Looking at the hand stretched out in front of him, Gilgamesh was stunned for a moment, unable to react.

"The seal that symbolizes the envoy of Uruk!"

He was going on a mission to an enemy country.

How could he prove his identity without a seal?

"The king's emblem—that thing is in the treasury, you go find it yourself!" Gilgamesh sneered. "Also, since you're going as this king's envoy, this king reluctantly allows you to use this king's reputation that spans the four seas for your actions!"

"Well then, I truly thank you...who knows how many people you've offended with that foul mouth of yours. I just hope I don't get beaten to death as soon as I step outside with this seal in hand!"

Well..if this happened, he would really die from joy.

After waving his hand, Luo Wei stood up and said, "Then I'll go get ready and leave immediately."

To prevent any delays and to ensure that those city-states didn't change their minds about surrendering to Uruk during the night.

"Hmph, this king will leave first too."
Gilgamesh stood up. "And you, Enkidu, a mud figure created by the gods, you can be considered a friend approved by this king!"

"This king also allows you to walk in this world under this king's protection!"

Enkidu tilted his head, looking puzzled at the golden ripple that appeared in his palm.

The Gate of Babylon - Just like Luo Wei, Gilgamesh also gave Enkidu the right to use it.

But even though Enkidu didn't understand, he still wanted to thank him.
"Well, thank you, Gil."

"Gil? Hum, you can call me whatever you want!"

Gilgamesh stepped away.

Luo Wei also went out after some preparations. Only Enkidu was left inside the door.
And...Ishtar.

"Ahhh, can you let me go before you leave!?"

Inside the house, Ishtar, who was still hung up and locked up, screamed even more shrilly.

However, Luo Wei couldn't hear her cries because as soon as he left the room, he was stopped.

Stopped by a ragged old man who looked like a homeless wanderer and, even more so by the self-proclaimed man he spat out...

"Ziusudra?"

15