Chapter 36: Destroying the country! Is it protection?
348 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luo Wei, who had successfully 'repelled' Ziusudra, stood there and thought for a while, not in a hurry to follow him or set off immediately.

He wanted Ziusudra to go first.

To keep their paths separate.

To minimize the impact—of course, Luo Wei also did not intend to return to his residence to avoid being entangled by Enkidu.

So, he found an inn to stay in within the city.

He rested for a night.

The next day, when the sky was just beginning to brighten, he naturally woke up.

Since transmigrating here, to ensure that he could find the best way to die at the right moment, he had always had a firm grasp of his daily routine.

Over time, this had become a form of self-discipline.

Although he didn't need much sleep these days, thanks to this habit, Luo Wei still made sure to allow himself to fall asleep at the right time.

When the time came, he naturally opened his eyes and got up.

After a simple wash and tidying up, he walked out.

The early morning wind naturally carried a chill that had accumulated during the night.

He yawned, patted the linen robe he was wearing, and walked slowly along the empty and deserted streets.

In Uruk, at this moment, or in other words, when there are no celebrations and festivals, it was very rare to see people during this time.

The lights were dim and the sky was hazy.

Luo Wei paused, turned his head and glanced at the only brightly lit place at the top, the royal palace where Gilgamesh was permanently stationed.

He shook his head and immediately walked away.

In the midst of blowing sand and wind, he headed to his first destination at this moment, a small city-state closely affiliated with the Akkadian Kingdom.

Of course, in the process, he also found the seal symbolizing the King of Uruk from Gilgamesh King's Treasure House.

He looked at it carefully, then resisted the urge to print something when he saw it, and put it away.

The King's seal possessed special powers.

On ordinary days, if there were any major matters that needed to be judged, Gilgamesh would take out this seal and stamp it for approval.

Although Luo Wei often quarrels with Gilgamesh, he didn't want to see strange rumors added to the legends that would be passed down in future generations.

For example, "Gilgamesh, in spite of his busy schedule, had personally stamped permission for the sow to give birth to piglets."

It might even evolve into some weird things like "What to do if a sow is in heat, and how to find sparkling gold in Mesopotamia."

Even though it was actually quite funny...uh..It's over, I'm getting more and more excited...

Luo Wei took a deep breath and resisted the urge to throw the seal back into the rippling Gate of Babylon.

Then he looked ahead.

The golden sand stretched out, and the once misty daylight had become extremely bright.

Luo Wei had already distanced himself from the city of Uruk and was heading north, getting closer to that small city-state.

Its just before he got close, he felt something strange.

All along the way... it seemed a little too quiet?

He paused in his steps and looked around.

The sun was shining across the fields, the loess was cris-crossed, and the vegetation was covered with trees, but there was nothing else out of the ordinary.

Luo Wei pondered for a moment and decided to ask someone first.

He wanted to be 'killed'.

So at least, he has to find the right pit before he can jump into it, right?

He closed his eyes, expanded his perception, and found the trajectory of human existence at the nearest location.

"Are you going to the front?"

There were a few merchants pulling donkey carts loaded with goods.

When they saw Luo Wei rushing to ask about the road conditions ahead, they didn't think much about it.

On this road that comes and goes, there are countless businessmen like them every day, and there are also countless honers like Luo Wei, who one could tell at a glance that they are of extraordinary origin.

As long as they didn't resort to violence upon meeting and with the gods as witnesses, there wouldn't be too much danger.

"Yes, I want to go to the state ahead..."

Luo Wei was talking about the name of another state.

It was another place that was similar but completely different from what he mentioned yesterday when he sent Ziusudra away.

They were both on the same road.

"In that case, I advise you not to go."

The leading merchant wore a white headscarf and had a rugged face adorned with a brown beard that trembled as he spoke. "Over there, many, many people are running away!"

"Fleeing—?" Luo Wei looked a little confused.

But deep inside, his heart skipped a beat.

He felt...a little uneasy.

Although, he gave him a task to clear any potential obstacles..

That guy wouldn't clear everything...right?

"Yes, fleeing!" The merchant nodded, his face filled with fear. "There are dead people over there."

"Many, many people died... It is said that all the nobles in the inner city were killed, and eerie blue flames have sprung up everywhere... The death of nobles is nothing.

Those nobles were used to being domineering, and we were also insulted a lot."

"However, it is said that... someone saw the 'murderer' - a figure wearing demon-like armor and holding a giant sword."

"They heard him say: The ruler of this city, your destiny is at its end."

"He should be revered in the name of Luo Wei, the sage of Uruk: toll the death knell for this city!"

What the fuck!!

At this moment, if he still didn't know what happened..then he was a shame in the name of the transmigrators.

He asked Ziusudra to go to that small city to 'explore a path' for him, and he also specifically specified that he wanted to 'hide.'

Is this your way of hiding, old man...

And you're using my name?

No way!

Luo Wei felt that he had to stop it.

According to this trend, his fame would probably spread throughout the countries.

Let alone taking action against him once he arrives in a certain city... the local ruling class might even kneel before him!

Saying goodbye to the group of merchants, Luo Wei rushed to the city without stopping...

A few moments passed.

Still in the early morning.

The mist from the Euphrates River hung in the air..

In the distance, Luo Wei could see a city built along a river, glowing with sparkling colors in the sunlight.

In addition to the rising sun, there was still a little bit of blue emerging.

Dang Dang Dang - the majestic bells echoed as if they were roars from the ancient times.

Luo Wei stepped up his pace.

He could sense that there were still people alive

As long as he rescued that person from Ziusudra and explained forcefully that this incident had nothing to do with him, he should be able to minimize the loss of his 'reputation'...

However, Luo Wei came a step too late.

Inside the palace, with the sunlight outside the window casting floating dust particles in the air, there was no blood, no wounds.

The lifeless bodies on the ground had already lost all signs of life.

He paused outside the door and looked at the tall figure holding a heavy sword.

"Where there is life, there is death, and where there is death, there is life."

"When the toll of destiny's bell resounds at its end, no one can stop it——"

In the eerie blue flames, a figure cloaked in a cape, clad in heavy armor, and wearing a pale mask with protruding horns lifted the heavy sword and brought it down on the last person.

"No, leave me some... leave some people..." Luo Wei opened his mouth, but before his voice reached the other person's ears, the heavy sword had already fallen, cutting off the fate of the last person.

Ziusudra looked over.

Luo Wei: "..."

Destroying a country with one person... Is this your way of protection?

Sneak to the point of killing all witnesses!?

"Yes."

Ziusudra said confidently:
"To be on guard everywhere is to be undefined everywhere.

So being undefined is the best defense!"

"From today onwards, you will awe all the countries in the northern region."

If everyone fears you...

"Who would dare to move against you!?"

Are you impressed?

19