Chapter 37: Intimidating the nations
353 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It must be acknowledged that Ziusudra's approach was, in fact, correct.

He couldn't precisely know why Luo Wei didn't want him to 'protect' him, but he didn't insist because this immortal who had survived for a long time was well aware that forcibly following him would only lead to annoyance.

It would be a loss rather than a gain.

It's just that it seems difficult for him to comply with his wishes and protect Luo Wei at the same time.

So, he found the most suitable approach for himself.

And what he was doing at this moment was—

In Luo Wei's name, he would obliterate a nation, causing the other countries to tremble with fear.

They wouldn't dare to act recklessly!

Yes, they really wouldn't dare to act recklessly.

Well..they really wouldn't dare to move, but just let him strangle everyone to death at every opportunity without even moving, was that really okay?

_______

"Master Luo Wei, this is the agreement we signed. Please check it-"

A deep old voice sounded.

Within a city-state in the northern Mesopotamian plains, inside a royal palace.

Luo Wei stepped on the ground made of stone slabs, and under the sunlight, he took the tablet from the hand of the trembling king of the small country opposite, the corners of his lips twitched, but he managed to release a smile.

As a result, the old man's already weak knees staggered instantly, and he almost fell down.

Luo Wei: "..."

This was the fifth and last state he had arrived at.

The news of Ziusudra annihilating a noble of a country in his name had already spread throughout the northern nations.

Since it was a rumor, there were bound to be some exaggerations and embellishments.

But no matter what, it was a fact that a state was destroyed overnight.

So, whenever Luo Wei arrived in any country, he would invariably be treated with the most solemnity and served with great care.

These were all small nations.

Everyone was afraid of being wiped out by him.

It was also natural to present an alliance letter honoring Uruk as the 'sovereign state.'

After all, one must know, the reason why these states followed the Akkadian state was actually that they thought Uruk could not spare a hand to deal with them now and thought that they might be able to follow the state of Akkad to get a share of the pie.

Seizing the opportunity, there was indeed a possibility of rising from a small states to a dominant power.

But now, Luo Wei's conquest of cities/states proved that Uruk not only had the strength to deal with them but also had it in abundance.

Abundant enough to wipe out countless nobles within a country's city-state overnight.

Respecting the strong has always been a biological instinct.

So, Luo Wei's journey was smooth and perfect, without encountering any setbacks as he imagined.

Leaving the city-state palace and walking onto the streets, the low buildings were scattered in the sunlight and dust, resembling people crawling on the ground.

Compared to the Uruk state, these small states were far inferior in terms of scale and prosperity.

However, what Luo Wei was currently focused on was not the local customs and scenery.

It was the figure waiting outside the palace gates...

The old man who had accompanied him since the nation's conquest.

"It seems your journey went very smoothly," a hoarse and deep voice emerged from the shadows.

Ziusudra, who had lost his previous demonic 'assassin' posture and regained the appearance of a rickety old man, came out.

"Not only these five states, but even Akkad has submitted a pledge of allegiance to Uruk. Now, we can return."

The old man, with a bearded face, smiled, then looked puzzled. "But it seems you're not that happy?"

Should I laugh?

No, I can't muster a smile, much less laugh; tears are churning inside...

Luo Wei's face was expressionless, with happiness written all over his face: "What's there to be happy about?"

"Hahaha, is it because things are so easy that there is no sense of reality?" Ziusudra seemed to have misunderstood something. "But it doesn't matter. If you can live to my age, what is the difference between the so-called sense of reality and whether you have it or not?"

Living for too long and seeing too much, his perception of the world had long diverged from ordinary people.

"May I ask, how long have you lived?" Luo Wei was curious.

The catastrophic flood of the distant past was a well-known disaster, but its exact duration was never recorded.

"Staying in the gloomy soil of the netherworld, without day or night, so this old man doesn't know for sure," Ziusudra, with a thoughtful expression under his hood, said, "But probably for five and six thousand years?

"..."

...

"However, don't think too much," Ziusudra glanced at Luo Wei.
"Beings of immortality are a special product of the great catastrophe era. Nowadays, with the difficulty for the gods to intervene in the world, they have almost become extinct."

"As far as I know, there are only one or two of them in this vast plain, and the chances of finding them are extremely slim."

"Don't covet something that doesn't belong to you."

Clearly, he misunderstood Luo Wei's thoughts.

Oh well.

Luo Wei didn't intend to explain anything and just brushed off the dust from his linen robe and looked back at the city-state palace.

Countless local nobles, priests, generals, and kings were still standing there, not daring to move, trembling in fear, until he truly left.

He froze and then showed a smile.

Sure enough...it's just like Gilgamesh said."

Luo Wei waved his hand: "Alliance? Fight against Uruk? It's just a joke!"

"...How dare a bunch of insignificant people claim to be proud?"

The figure walked away with disdainful laughter.

When he came, he was the center of attention, and everyone was terrified.

When he left, he was even more wanton, but no one dared to show even the slightest hint of anger.

Because his name could annihilate a country overnight.

Because he had already truly shaken the Northern Kingdom and even this vast plain.

No matter how powerful the troops are, who would dare to move against him?

...

"Hahahaha, you are worthy of being someone whom the king values!"

In the palace of Uruk, on the towering steps of the towering building, Gilgamesh, with a hint of weariness on his face, looked at the five clay tablets that had been opened in the door of the King's Treasury and burst into loud laughter.

These clay tablets were all placed in the treasury by Luo Wei, and they served as an intermediary for Gilgamesh to obtain them directly from the King's Treasury.

In addition to these clay tablets, he also received information about Luo Wei's actions after heading north.

He seemed very happy.

"Before he left, I was still worried about what means he would use to deal with those scum... As expected, only this kind of clean and tidy approach can show the radiance of this king!"

"A king's rule should not only be gentle soil but also a storm to destroy everything that is not loyal!"

Siduri naturally smiled as well.

To be honest, Luo Wei did a really good job this time.

Only destroyed one country as a warning, but for other countries, he was polite and very courteous.

With the action of annihilating a country beforehand, the subsequent politeness would not be seen as a weakness by others; instead, it became a display of magnanimity.

Demonstrating strength while also displaying benevolence.

Changing places, if it were Siduri to go on a mission, she might not be able to achieve this level.

Not only because of insufficient strength but also because of the lack of 'magnanimity.'

However, she didn't feel any different.

After all, she had known Luo Wei's uniqueness for a long time.

Someone who could stand side by side with the king should be like this.

20