Chapter 40: He Dies Like Fireworks, and Is Reborn Under the Morning Sun
329 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A deafening roar echoed through the dry and desolate land, as the frenzied, pale storm continued to batter the immense barrier that had unfolded in that moment, accompanied by sharp whistling.

The refugees who had just fled were left dumbfounded.

Who was that...

Someone who could withstand a natural disaster with their own flesh and blood!?

They were astonished, stunned, and then a voice sounded in their ears, old and deep, "It seems that your destiny has not yet arrived."

They followed the voice and saw an old man, shrouded in a black tattered cloak, with a hood covering his head, leaning on a wooden cane.

He had appeared by their side at some point.

"Who are you...?" someone stammered.

In this situation, even a fool could tell that this person was associated with the one who had blocked the disaster.

And they were not ordinary people.

"It matters not who I am," Ziusudra raised the face covered in a beard under his hood and glanced at them. "What's important is that you should feel gratitude towards the one who ensured your continued fate—"

He lifted his cane, pointing upward.

The crowd once again looked at Luo Wei..
_______

His robe billowed, and his hands were outstretched as Luo Wei bore immense pressure.

After the research he had conducted earlier, he had become even more adept at harnessing the power of the Key of the Heaven

So, it's only a matter of blocking, and there's no need to use the 'Treasury of the King' granted by Gilgamesh.

Just the ability to unfold the 'Key to Heaven' allowed him to turn the space in front of him into a door, and after closing it tightly, it naturally became a huge barrier.

To be honest, restricting the Bull of Heaven was not difficult for Luo Wei at all.

After all, the it has not fully manifested yet.

The power of the Key of the Heavens can easily restrict it to a certain area.

But—

He didn't want to do that right now.

After all it was such a rare opportunity, and he naturally didn't want to let it slip by.

Just like this was not enough to vent Luo Wei's unhappiness.

For someone who craves death, recklessness is only natural.

The deafening roars echoed in his ears, and the raging storm became even more ferocious.

But Luo Wei merely raised one hand and supported the barrier.

Then, he extended his other hand, pointing towards the sky—

Ripples spread, and in an instant, the Treasury of the King appeared, dozens of swords emerging from it.

They fall straight down from above!

Bursts of light splattered, and countless chains trailed from their tips, encircling and intersecting, instantly embedding themselves into the turbulent storm.

As if piercing flesh, firmly securing it!

Tightening-- :

"Moo!

Although the Bull of Heaven had not yet fully appeared, but he had descended in his true form after all, and this storm had already carried part of its essence.

It let out a roar.

The storm bound by the heaven's lock gradually began to outline the shape of the bull, like clouds.

The massive bull horns rose into the sky, and its hooves continuously stomped the ground.

Its eyes were fixed on Luo Wei!

The people below were already frightened, and when they saw this scene, they didn't know what to say.

"Wait... golden light, chains... that person, could it be Auxiliary Officer Luo Wei who suppressed the World of Warcraft Forest to the west some time ago, right!?"

"Assistant Luo Wei? The gentleman who is rumored to be friends with majesty, the king? The big shot who destroyed an entire country overnight?"

"Really, can it really be that adult?"

"Could it really be that person?"

Someone recognized Luo Wei.

Ziusudra still leaned on his cane, standing to the side, not saying a word.

Recognizing him was a matter of course, after all Luo Wei's reputation was already not small to begin with, and after experiencing the previous 'national annihilation' incident, it has fermented to the point where there would be no such person who hasn't heard of it.

But what the old man hidden under the black robe was thinking about at this moment was...

"Luo Wei, do you want to defeat the Bull of Heaven in a way that exceeds your own limits?"

He raised his eyes, and a hint of blue flashed through his eyes under the hood.

The old man, who had survived the last world-destroying flood, had extremely sharp eyesight.

He could see that the power stirring up in Luo Wei's body at this moment was surging and violent.

It didn't look like a normal release trend at all.

It looked like..

Luo Wei, even if he died of exhaustion——

He wanted to eliminate the influence of the Bull of Heaven completely!

Resolutely...even at the cost of his own death.

"Those who seek life die, and those who seek death live."

"It's no wonder that such a brave man can become the savior of disaster."

Ziusudra understood.

But he didn't know the joy and excitement in Luo Wei's heart.

The pleasure was naturally because he was venting the dissatisfaction in the heart.

The exciting thing was that right now was the most suitable place to die.

In a way that transcended limits,

Exhausting himself?

Using a method beyond the limit, forcing the Bull of Heaven... to kill the most vulnerable self after exhaustion!

Only a being like the bull of heaven could make him like this - able to squeeze himself to the limit, which seemed natural!

Fighting the Bull of Heaven to death..

Glorious.

"Huh ha ha ha...beast, are you scared?"

He laughed.

Seeking death, rampant and arrogant.

Moo!

The Bull of Heaven's cry did carry a bit of fear, and he was indeed scared.

Afraid of his next crazy move.

He had not yet fully appeared, and the process of appearance couldn't be interrupted, but this did not mean that he would not be hurt.

If the impact was severe enough,

The Bull of Heaven would still be in pain and would be injured.

Even - would die!

So even though it did not have much wisdom, under instinct, this huge 'cloud beast' subconsciously turned around, wanting to flee.

It's just it couldn't move.

It was nailed in place by the Heaven's Lock.

Divine beasts also have divinity, but the power of the bull of heaven was not enough to break free from the shackles of divinity.

At this moment.

Luo Wei raised the hand that held open the barrier.

He used the power of the 'Key of Heaven' regardless of the wear and tear in his body, transcending his own limits.

Turned the ground under his feet into a huge 'door'.

Gathered all the dust on the 'door'— the concept of 'drought' - in the palm of his hand.

The people on the ground looked up and found that there was a little more moisture in the air.

Some people who were staggering on the desolate land discovered spring water in front of them.

Some dehydrated people who fell to the ground found nectar falling from the sky.

Heavy rain fell; the ground sprouted, and the riverbed was once again covered with wet trails and floods.

The people also discovered the figure in the sky who single-handedly blocked the natural disaster.

Who was that person?

No one knew.

But they would remember that at this very moment, there was a person who used his flesh and blood to stop natural disasters and saved them all.

Luo Wei also believed more—

Thousands of years later, there would be people who would still remember him for this.

Remember that there was once a person who took the vast earth into a drop and moved it in the blink of an eye.

That's enough.

Boom!

The expanding power surged out uncontrollably like a tidal wave, flooding the world with endless light and brightness.

Mou!

The Bull of Heaven let out an extremely shrill cry, hoarse under the severe crisis, which made it move forward instead of retreating... It propped up its huge cloud-like horns and charged forward!

A moment of light.

The scattered streams of light tilted like flames, and when viewed from a distance, they bloomed like flowers.

The Bull of Heaven had disappeared.

The 'storm' that had finally gathered was immediately dispersed.

Only a wisp of cloud remained.

The last one to fall to the ground,

It was a standing figure.

The long-distance running was fierce, and although he did not fall to the ground, his eyes were closed tightly, but there seemed to be no sound.

"Master Luo Wei...what's wrong?" Someone on the ground said softly.

"He died."

Luo Wei was dead.

He died without hesitation and resolutely.

That death—

Gorgeous, yet warm as the sun.

Everyone was shocked and did not expect such an ending.

Only Ziusudra remained calm,

Because he knew...

'He died like a firework.'

'That will be reborn again in the rising sun.'

_____

"Luo Wei...why are you here?"
A clear voice sounded in his ears.

Luo Wei opened his eyes helplessly.

Looking ahead...

A blonde girl with radiant red eyes sat on a throne formed by the chaos of the world, looking at him.

As he opened his eyes, she couldn't help but blink, with a hint of surprise: "Are you... here to see me?"

"Luo Wei?"

Luo Wei: "....

20