Chapter 43: Changes in seven days
673 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven days may not seem like much, but at this moment when the situation was turbulent, they were quite enough to bring about many changes.

As for where exactly did these changes occurred, Luo Wei was still uncertain.

When he returned to the capital of Uruk on his way back, he saw the land completely rejuvenated, with villages scattered in all directions.

However, there was suddenly no sign of people.

The ones who had been waiting for his "resurrection" couldn't possibly have stayed in one place for a whole seven days.

But apart from their departure, there was no sign of anyone around, whether it was villages or settlements of various sizes.

Not even a single livestock was seen.

Empty houses.

There were no traces of battle or destruction.
Instead, there were many footprints and ruts left in the land.

It was as if there had been a large-scale migration in these seven days.

He felt he needed to find out everything.

He walked on, observing along the way.
.
.

A moment later...

Luo Wei stood still under the bright blue sky, looking into the lush, concealing landscape before him, covered in countless freshly sprouted shades of green.

He still wasn't entirely clear on what had happened exactly.

But through these subtle traces, he could still deduce many things.

A migration of this scale, spontaneous in nature, theoretically had only one possible explanation—the command of Gilgamesh, the ruler of this land.

And at this very moment, in order to confront the gods, the young king of Uruk, who had abandoned his former tyrannical ways and now displayed a wise demeanor, would certainly not act without purpose.

"Defend the walls...prepare for battle with all our might?" Luo Wei easily thought of this.

Clearing the wilderness, having all the people retreat behind the walls, and gathering all the resources in one place to meet the arrival of the enemy.

But at this moment, neither the Bull of Heaven nor Humbaba had fully manifested—the former, in particular, had been tightly restricted.

He did not sense their complete presence.

So the reason why Gilgamesh was eager to do this was not just to deal with the strongest divine beast and the mightiest demonic beats.

However, very soon—Luo Wei found the answer to his own question.

It was still the wilderness.

Among the undulating plains and hills, there were massive figures moving in various postures.

They looked like wild beasts, yet were not entirely wild beasts.

Regardless of their unusually massive postures, one could tell that they were definitely not ordinary wild animals just by looking at the radiant scales covering them, the tremendous waves caused by their open wings, and the extraordinary abilities that brought flames and thunder with their roars.

Just like the 'animals' in the Warcraft forest to the west.

These were beings born under the influence of the divine ether that supported the manifestation of the gods' true forms, the foundation of the mythological era.

They were creatures that only the divine era could witness on a large scale.

But now, they were appearing once again on a large scale.

Luo Wei used the power of the 'Key of Heaven' to conceal his presence and hide his form.

He stood on a high point, glimpsing their figures, then turned to look at the eastern bank of the Euphrates River.

He looked at the vast, blue sky above, where the Bull of Heaven was still wrapped in the aura of the underworld.

Only a wisp of clouds remained.

But what was ultimately scattered was just the body after all, and as time passed by, its essence would gradually gather more.

Other impacts would naturally follow.

For example, the gathering of 'ether.'

The environment's 'retro' transformation.

So, the birth of these Warcraft monsters originated from the ether emitted by the Bull of Heaven.

On the other side, perhaps the same goes for Humbaba.

Just at this moment, as if sensing something, the creatures strolling among the plain hills suddenly raised their heads.

They looked up to the sky, towards the bull in the sky, and started whimpering and howling.

Not like a pack of wolves but rather like the howling of lone wolves at the moon.

The ground began to tremble.

Dust rolled, gravel jumped on the ground, and the wandering beast shadows began to move.

Their footsteps shifted, leaving one mark after another in the soil.

The sharp claws were like tiny blades slicing across, leaving large and broken traces on the ground.

The group of monsters began to gather and surge faster.

Just like the tide of beasts that he had seen before.

They were guided by some inexplicable guide and rushed in one direction.

And that direction...

"The city of Uruk,"
Luo Wei didn't need to think twice.

They were going to attack Uruk.

Attack places where humans gathered.

If not for this, Gilgamesh would not have to "keep the wall clear".

"It seems I have to rush back -" At this moment, even if he stood still, these monsters could not kill him, so Luo Wei did not expect to die under this tide of beasts.

He wants to rush back.

Join Gilgamesh and Enkidu.

Only in this way can he complete the 'strategy' that he and others have set before - and complete the 'death-seeking' that he have painstakingly planned and managed step by step until now!

As soon as he thought of it, Luo Wei immediately turned around and followed behind the monsters.

But not yet close to the city-state of Uruk..

Instead, he saw a city wall dozens of miles away from the state.

It stood tens of meters tall, towering over the earth like mountains, strong enough to withstand all torrent-like giant walls.

On the wall, Uruk's soldiers were lined up in strict formation, ready for battle.

There were massive cannons mounted on it, aiming downwards to attack the surging beast tide.

This scene was so familiar that Luo Wei, a transmigrator couldn't help but be stunned and his pupils narrowed.

This is....the seventh singularity, the Warcraft Front! ?

He had seen it before, in one of the Fate series, a scene where Uruk, just like here, had massive walls built to combat magical beasts!

No, that's not right—"

Maybe it was just a similarity.

After all the singularity was just a 'fictional history' that had already deviated from normal history and was destined to be corrected.

Since it was destined to be corrected, all the great achievements created within the singularity will not be recorded in the world, and the individuals who achieved them won't receive recognition.

Luo Wei believes that the version of himself that existed previously at the root wouldn't have chosen such a place as a crossing point.

So it must be a coincidence.

Or perhaps it's a change in history caused by himself.

But in any case, the high wall has been built in a short period of time, and Luo Wei, as the theoretical king of Uruk and one of the Uruk leaders with equal status to Gilgamesh, could hardly stay out of it.

The previously planned strategy did not allow him to sit idly by.

So...

"Let's expel these monsters first, and then go and see what earth-shaking changes have happened in the past seven days!"

Luo Wei waved his hand.

Behind him, golden ripples undulated, and countless swords burst forth.

Cold light shone in all directions, formidable as a forest, chilling to the bone.

20