Chapter Five
52 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"Do you have any family in the countryside?”
“Do you have a girlfriend?”
“Have you graduated?”
“My youngest granddaughter is single. She’s intelligent and went to university, she works in Seoul but she’s remotely working right now to take care of my husband. She’s a catch, do you want to see a picture of her?”
“You’re both so beautiful, imagine what your babies could look like!”
On a small, light blue bus headed out of the city, Shin Jun found himself in a predicament. There was an empty seat next to him when he first got on the bus, but it was quickly snatched up by an older woman at the next stop.
Since then, she wouldn’t shut up about her granddaughter. Admittedly, she was a very beautiful person, she had good grades and had a stable job. There was no issue with the woman's granddaughter.
The issue was that he was gay, and he only recently became single!
Shin Jun fought against his own face to stop himself from cringing, smirking, or laughing inappropriately and decided to act exhausted. It had been six hours since he pretended to fall asleep on the bus, and she still hadn’t gotten off!
This was all his own fault. His rash decisions had landed him in this position.
After leaving his and Lao Yun’s apartment he had the last-minute thought to run away. Yes, he was running away from his problems.
He boarded a random bus from the terminal without knowing where he was going and decided to set up a new home wherever he ended up.
One of the reasons was… He knew his siblings would pamper him like no one's business if he went home. Aren't siblings supposed to hate each other? Why did his love him so much?
He simply wouldn’t be able to get his own space with his brothers and cousins around, not to mention his father and grandparents.
The other reason… He hadn’t been able to write for six months. It was as if his inspiration had been sucked away by some unknown force, and he wanted to try to finish his sequel while he took this break.
Besides, he had been behind the scenes of the family business for the past couple of years and had never taken time off.
This was his breakup leave!
Breakup leave? Shin Jun scoffed in his mind just as the bus came to another stop.
“Young man, I’ll leave my granddaughter's phone number with you. I hope you get the hint when you wake up…”
Shin Jun held his breath for two minutes before slowly opening one of his eyes. She was gone. The old matchmaker of a grandmother was gone! If he wasn’t on a bus, he would have really gotten up and jumped around excitedly.
Other than himself, there were only two others left on the bus, both being older men who kept to themselves silently.
The bus started moving once more, and Shin Jun watched as the trees separated to show a beautiful, cozy coastal ocean town that he could imagine being on a postal card somewhere.
“This is the last stop.”
This would be his home; that was his decision as he grabbed his bags and stepped off the bus.
5