Chapter Six
52 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three months later - in a small, undisclosed coastal town in Korea.
Shin Jun sat on the floor with his back against his couch, his hands typing gracefully and quickly along the keyboard of his laptop which was sitting on a messy coffee table. Pages threatened to be blown away with a small wind, whereas two notebooks sat underneath the loose pages. Beside the coffee table was a sprawled-out futon, left unfolded although the blankets were neat and tidy.
This had been his work area for the previous three months. He'd wake up, grab something quick to eat with coffee, go to his laptop, and write for a few hours, and then he'd watch some television as he ate dinner only to end up at his laptop once again with the television as background noise. The first few nights, he'd hurry up to his room once he was too tired but decided just to put a futon in the living room to curl up in.
Quite simply; it had been the most productive three months for his writing. 
A cell phone began to ring from the couch behind Shin Jun, but he kept typing. At the fourth ring, he clicked enter and leaned back into the couch with a large smile while reaching his hand behind his head to answer his phone.
Shin Dae was the first to speak with a bit of a coaxing tone: "My dearest younger brother, how are you?" 
Shin Jun looked down at his phone and then up at the screen in front of him with a raised brow, still smiling, but gradually turning into a laugh: "You haven't spoken to me like this in years… What do you need?"
"I'm glad you asked! Well, I'd like to inform you that me and Shin Hye may have taken the initiative to sign you up for a dating show… And it kind of starts this weekend."
"I'm gay."
Shin Hye stole the phone from the older twin of a few minutes: "We know you're gay, we're your brothers. That's why we signed you up for a gay dating show! Are you done writing your book yet? Do you have time? We just want to see you get out in the world, even if you just make friends it's okay!"
Shin Jun's face began to change as he tried to process all the information.
A gay dating show. A reality program. Gay. They're making a gay reality show… With dating. 
The world was so advanced? What had he missed? Would people actually be interested in it?
Wait, that's not the important thing… He doesn't want to fall in love again! Women suck, men suck, everyone sucks! Love isn't worth the pain it brings to others. 
His eyebrows furrowed and his voice was displeased: "Why didn't you inform me? I'm not going."
A fight began on the other side of the phone, and Shin Jun listened to it amused.
Shin Dae: "See, I told you he wouldn't take it!"
Shin Hye: "We've already signed him up, ah, cousin will be so disappointed in us!"
Shin Dae: "Cousin? So what if it's his company - think about how Shin Yeong will beat us later! Ah, I can't handle it. Shin Jun, little brother, the cutest brother in the world… Can you help us out? You don't need to fall in love, just make a few friends and choose no one at the end!"
Shin Hye: "Right, right, there are many different types of people there. You can take it as meeting new people and getting new experiences for your book, too!"
Shin Jun held his forehead and shook his head at the two idiots. How were these his brothers? Did they share one brain cell? 
Shin Jun popped into the conversation: "I've just finished the book. Fine, I'll make a few friends but nothing else."

4