Chapter Sixteen
21 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shin Jun added the contacts of his family to his phone and sent varying messages, all of which were being recorded but he didn’t care.

To his eldest brother, Shin Yeong, he complained like an aggrieved child. [Brother, I was tricked! I can contact you at any time, I can even go out to work… Can you find an office or hotel room and buy me a laptop?]  

To his second brother, Shin Dae, he threatened. [When I get out of here I’ll tell Father that you’re the one who broke his prized vase when you were seven and blamed it on the dog.]

To his third brother, Shin Hye, he also threatened. [I’m going to tell Grandfather to send you on more blind dates.]

To his cousin, the cause of all of this he only sent a few words with a cute little sticker attached. [You bastard.]

He didn’t expect to receive a swift reply as they were all busy adults and he’d messaged from a random number, yet he’d gotten the weight off his shoulders and felt relieved.

Actually, he didn’t feel like running from the house anymore. Despite only knowing the other members for less than two hours, they seemed like generally nice people. The only worry he had was breaking someone's heart if they chose him at the end of the show.

Although he was repellent to the idea of love, disgusted by it in its entirety, it didn’t mean that he was invulnerable to friendships. Meeting new people, creating close relationships that could last an eternity… He craved that sort of connection.

Would it be possible here, where everyone is hungry for love? He wasn’t sure but after chatting and observing the men here… He thought it was possible.

Besides, even if he didn’t make a friend he would have memories to look back on and hopefully gain some inspiration or motivation for his next project.

Shin Jun placed his phone face down on the table and observed the unassuming group surrounding the table for a few moments. The other men were focused on browsing social media or setting up their phones. Ryung and Young-Sun were typing away furiously like he’d been a moment ago, yet their expressions were quite serious and he suspected that they were in a management-type role.

He’d find out the truth when the program allowed them to share their jobs but he was quite confident in his assumption.

The others… He had no idea. All of them could be part of a K-pop group or actors and he wouldn’t be shocked.

His phone buzzed on the table just as the doorbell to the house rang and Chul grabbed the card to answer the door, In-Su behind him to help carry the food.

Shin Jun flipped it over to see that Shin Yeong had replied. [I’ll tell uncle about it, we have access to the cameras by the way and I don’t agree to any of them being a brother-in-law. I booked a hotel room and I’ll send you the address and have a laptop sent over by tomorrow.]

[Cuddling… Do you know there are cameras on you?]

After musing for a while, Shin Jun answered. [Eldest brother is the best! Don’t spy on me, I’m shy.]

[… Be good.]

A moment passed and the group had set the table and began to eat in an awkward silence.

It was the first day and although the group had begun to interact with one another, no one knew the other’s eating habits. Does anyone prefer to eat alone? Do they like to have in-depth conversations while getting to know each other? Is anyone annoyed by the sound of eating?

Gosh, there are camera’s watching them eat!

Moreover, their conversations were limited as they couldn’t talk about work, names, ages, or anything that could expose their lifestyles.

Needless to say, the group finished eating quickly and took advantage of the dishwasher before meeting in the living room with drinks. They subconsciously sat in the same spot they had a few hours prior as if they’d decided it was their seat now.

Ryung took one for the team and started the conversation with a question as he poured himself a drink. “Who here can cook?”

Chul, Young-Sun, Tae, and Hanseul collectively raised their hands, although Tae added. “I can cook enough to survive.”

Shin Jun watched the scene and leaned back with a smile. “We won’t starve!”

The group laughed at his enthusiastic remark and Young-Sun hummed with a small smile. “I guess we’re the chefs of the house now… Is everyone busy tomorrow?”

Everyone nodded. Shin Jun had to go get his hair cut tomorrow and if everyone else was going to be busy at work then it’d make sense to get use of the hotel room and get some work done as well. He didn’t want to be sitting around on his ass all day.

It was a bit inconvenient to go to a hotel just to use a laptop so he might try to reason with his cousin or a crew member later on to allow him and the others who may be able to work from home to do so.

Tae tilted his head and asked. “Are we allowed to carpool if we’re going to the same area?”

Hanseul sighed and shook his head. “Probably not until we reveal our jobs.”

Day one passed without much excitement and the boys visited a second, small house on the property to give their impressions and answer questions that the crew prepared. 

2