i can do it……probably
94 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ Well, as per my theory, that is the case for most wizards,…..now for an obscurial, due to their dark emotions and fear for their own magic, their mana heart mutates during their riot and the formed ‘mana circuit’ is in a very active state to compensate for the previous suppression and practically forms a new entity called the obscurus, which parasites on their host the obscurial and strips them of the host of his or her life force in an attempt to maintain it’s active nature……which lasts until all the lifeforce is sucked out…..upon which the host dies and the obscurial disappears…..unless sustained by external magic…..”

“newt keeps the one he has and the new one in a bubble of magic….”

“…so what about squibs?”

“don’t rush quirrell, we’re getting there…..from what I’ve observed…..from myself, and filch-“

“I’m sorry? Yourself?”

“yes, quirell, it is quite probable that I was born a squib, was tested by my folks and the headmaster himself”

“indeed, I can testify”

“but yo-“

“shh!, I am a special case in many ways, don’t take me as an example of success, now you wanna talk about squibs or what?”

“yes, sorry, please continue”

“….right, so squibs, I’ve only observed filch from far, and I’ve been observing you from the morning, and from what I understand, most squibs form their mana hearts like normal wizards BUT, their hearts are never filled up properly, which makes them incapable of having a riot, so no magic circuits thus making them incapable of magic”

“ why are they not filled? And what fills the heart exactly?”

“mana of course, they form their mana hearts like normal wizard, but just forming the heart takes up all their mana, there isn’t enough mana probably because of an environment deficient in magic, or the power passed by blood was not enough to fill their  ‘mana heart’…..and once they have grown up, their bodies are incapable of forming complete ‘mana circuits’ anymore, their emotions over the time probably have a lot to do with it, the knowledge that they are probably squibs itself reduces their chances of being a wizard.”

“…….”

“now, your case quirrell”

“m-me?”

“maybe you didn’t notice, but ever since I bought up the possibility of your recovery, your stutter has been active again, like I said knowledge and emotions play a huge part, although your stutter was an act before, you developed it at a time when you were being possessed by voldy, you feared him, he treated you like a slave, scolded you and tortured you…..and all the time your own magic was being sucked by him, which your body …must have instinctively resisted…...and therefore the time when your body was most magically active not counting the obscurus state”

“and that means?”

“ you lost hope after becoming a squib, and now you have hope again, you’re body is automatically conditioning itself towards it’s state when it was most active to get you a better chance at recovery, so you see, with just hope, you are already onto your way to recovery”

“y-y-yes! (sob!)”

“…..so how do we go about it?”

“you agree with my theory so far?”

“it’s plausible and like I said, your theories have worked out well so far, besides quirinus volunteered”

“i-I did!”

“mmm, like I was saying, quirrell’s case is already different from most other squibs, in his case, he formed a mana heart and mana circuit like a normal wizard, but with voldy’s possession and stripping of his mana, the circuits were almost completely emptied, and then when he was an obscurial, his circuits were flooded with mana and overactive, and once the obscurus was stripped off , so were his circuits…..but his body still remembers the circuit as a phantom, and his mana heart, while empty, still exists….and so once he fills it up again, his magic circuit will re-form as it previously existed and remembered by his body….unlike other squibs who as I said, after some growth with age, would be mostly incapable of forming mana circuits ”

“g-great, h-how do I fill my heart?”

“mmm, and there lies the hurdle,….see, you have to fill it up with ‘your own’ mana,….which you don’t have……which usually keeps a squib in the circle of being a ….squib.”

“b-bu-“

“so, what’s your solution?, if what you just said is true, even if you pass your own mana into his body, he will at best be able to use magic temporarily”

“mmm true that,….and that brings us to the crux, he need to get some new ‘ki’ into his body so that his body can make it into mana and his mana heart can get filled again”

“….and you can make ki and pass it on?”

“mmm….yes an no”

“explain”

“ I can make ki, it’ll take a while but I can do it, but after I pass it on, there is a chance that he may not be able to fill his heart cuz it is not ‘his ki’…..so if that doesn’t work, he’ll have to learn to mould ki which will automatically mutate into mana …..which may be a bit impossible for quirrel cuz he’s ‘used to mana’ and not ki….or he might just explode when my ki gets into his body”

“w-what should I do?”

“…..the best scenario is  that my ki can fill the mana heart, otherwise, you’ll have to go through a lot of pain and experiments to see if you can mould ki by yourself, be aware that there is no technique to mould ki in the world as we know it, and I have no methods myself, I can do it because of ….a gift and cuz I always believed that I could, and once my mana formed, I mistook it for ki…..so I can only provide some reference….”

“……quirinus, go to sleep now, it’s getting late, think everything over and make a decision tomorrow morning”

“ i-I chos-“

“no! quirinus, think it over properly, this is at the moment, a theory, and all new grounds, sleep on it, think it over and tell us your decision tomorrow “

“i-I see, I-I will,….g-good night!”

Quirrel went out of the room and I was wondering if I should get a late-night snack when I noticed dumbly staring at me.

“wut?”

“nothing,….just wondering if you would care to tell about your theory for yourself?”

“is it important?

“i would not mind knowing”

5