Despair-Desperation-Desperate measures and a wake up call
87 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the course of the next 2 months I spent my time doing quirrell’s recovery sessions, improving my mana control, accompanying hagrid into the forest and trying to get him into martial arts….he was briefly interested in  wrestling but nothing else, I practising melding my ki with mana to do mana blasts….i tried to do a mana wave or Kamehameha but it just fizzled out…..think I need to be able to concentrate a lot of ki outside my body and meld it with mana and charge it up for sometime to pull it off…..nowhere near good enough to attempt anything of that sort currently.

“ so, this is probably the last session quirrell, you’re body has already resisted my ki, today will be the last time, it‘ll need to make ki to reject mine….you ready?”

“i-I am!”

“great, let’s do this”

……. ………. ………. ………

“mmm…..quirrell?”

“I’m doing it , I can do it!....aaargghhh!....pant! pant!”

“….just a little bit….sorry quirrel”

“no!, this cannot be…..”

“……all right!, oi! you, you wanna bet your life on it?, if what we’re about to do fails, you’re dead for sure”

“I’LL DO IT!!”

“quirinu-“

“Don’t stop me!, let’s continue this mister dreyar”

“…..all right, I’m gonna concentrate as much ki as I currently can, and then I’m gonna force it back inside ya when your body tries to reject it….it’ll hurt like hell and start destroying your body if it stays inside for too long….unless you fill  the heart…get ready!”

“AARGH! AAAAAH! URGH!.....AAARGH!!”

[SFX: boom!]

“ha…pant! Pant!.....i feel it , I can feel it!, I have magic again!! Do you se-urk!”

I chopped him in the back of his neck.

“right!, his body is pretty banged up, madam pomfrey?”

“I’ll take him to her…..it worked?”

“…think it did, will have to wait and see”

Dumbly disappeared with quirrell and I ….fell asleep cuz it was a bit exhausting. I woke up a while later and went to the infirmary and found quirrel trying to pull his wand out of madam pomfrey’s hands …..and failing. Apparently he did manage to perform a few spells, and while his mana reserves were only half of what it’d been before, he was still happy enough…..maybe it’ll improve when his body heals up.

A few days later, dumbly sent quirrell back to newt after he’d thanked me in tears and tried to swear eternal loyalty to me…no seriously!, he actually tried to form an unbreakable vow until dumbly and I managed to convince him otherwise…..dumbly wanted to verify if the obscurus will have any changes when it is near quirrell again, I think it’s more likely that quirrell’s mana circuits will go back to what it used to be when near the obscurus…..anyway, that’s most of my vacation gone….still got a around three weeks….so….

“dumbledore!, let’s fight!”

“….ok”

A few minutes later he removed the ball of water surrounding me and I fell to the floor like a drowned dog….would have drowned if I hadn’t held my breath.

“hah!, hah….what kind of- hah – water is that?”

“that is heavy water used to trap opponents by duellists who specialize in transfiguration”

“tch….i dodged all your spells, you couldn’t have gotten me if it weren’t for transfiguration….it’s hard to react when your whole surrounding tries to swallow you even when you know it’s coming”

“your spellcasting speed is fast, you have no problem with dodging spells, and your aim is also very precise, you’re fast enough to suddenly get close to your opponent …..but remember that it may not always be a good thing, since even if you can break my shield charm, it gives me ample time to target you, Minerva could prepare a trap for you near her and severus may poison the air, filius can set up a charm to confuse your senses, or a charm which will remove all your momentum and slow you down or one to reverse gravity and many more…. not to mention if they just focused on defending themselves you can only aim for surprise attacks with your speed which is difficult to follow by the naked eye, or break the opponent’s shields and take them by surprise by your close combat……once the opponent is aware of your style , he has many ways to target you, and your current fighting style will be a bit restrained even if you can be immune to many spells relying on that magic armour coating you put on”

“hah!, I knew I had a long way to go…..beating percy was very easy”

“like I said, your way of fighting is uncommon and surprising for most people, of course students and normal wizard or even junior aurors will find it difficult to fight you even if they are aware of your fighting style….but an experienced wizard who has formed a personal duelling style can defeat you with some effort.”

“....how do I improve?”

“for one, you need more experience duelling against wizards, after a while you will be able to predict their moves and respond, of course that is if you intend to continue to polish your close combat style of duelling…..you hardly use spells while fighting …..why?, I don’t think it’s due to lack of reaction time, and you have mastered many spells, so why not use them? You have enough mana to make them more powerful than other wizards”

“mmm, …..it just doesn’t  mix into my fighting style naturally, actually have to think about which spells to use, not a good idea in the middle of combat, it should come naturally y’know….and it just doesn’t …..”

“….of course, you could try focusing on your ‘mana blast’ and it does do a lot of damage, enough to break most shield charms or transfigured shields, the explosive impact would set the wizard off balance and then you can take out the wizard by another blast or by stunners or close combat”

“yeah, I will….but the remaining three weeks I wanna fight you everyday, and learn silent and wandless casting too….you got time?”

“yes, I think I can find some time”

5