When you’re confident in your training
94 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took a bit of a hit to my mind and confidence after dumbly copied my ‘reverse smash mode’ way too easily, …did not get better even if he consoled me…..the smug bastard!.

Apparently Dumbly used his high transfiguration skills to switch a bit of  his mana to be similar to ki temporarily….although not true ki, he can use this pseudo-ki to combine together with mana to copy my ‘reverse smash mode’. He said that he was able to do so after studying the sorcercer’s stone.

He also hinted that even though he could not find a way for wizards or squibs to generate their own ki,…if he could further develop on his current theory, he could make pseudo- sorcercer’s stones which if used for long time from young age, could cure the squib problem completely for the young ones….although the stones will be quite pricey….hard to make apparently.

The older ones would need more effort and concentrated energy in the pseudo sorcercer’s stones and could use magic while holding onto the stone but not if they are away from it.

I suggested that he fix the stones onto wands and make a new kind of wand, preferrably more like a thick staff that could also work as a melee weapon that would not snap like the current thin wooden twigs.

I found some blueprints for a similar kind of staff in my parent’s stuff in the vault……I’m starting to think that my dream of them and fairy tail may be true after all….except the magic seems more like the ones used in edolas……at least it’s not azeroth, so I don’t have to worry about the burning legion…..i gave a copy of it to dumbly and he found it of great help, he promised to get me a new staff crafted …..wonder if nicholas flamel is still alive…..didn’t really hear any news of his death till now. I’ll have to wait until I learn enough about runes and stuff before I can understand my parents’ legacy.

…..anyway, with the reverse smash mode which can disable most transfiguration-styled duellists, my own fighting style is relatively complete. I can go head to head with most senior wizards, aurors and all….now just need to get more exp against dark wizards and creatures, magical creatures and other humanoid creatures like goblins, elves ….once I’m done with that, I should be pretty close to dumbly…..to the level where he was….no idea if he would actually get a lot stronger now……sigh!, still got a long way to go.

I continued my duels with dumbly, perfected my ‘reverse smash mode’ with proff kittycat and spent a lot of time with hagrid in the forest….fought many creatures, even fought a werewolf pack and some poachers…..that was fun, the acromanutla were a fun bunch too and they had a lot of numbers so they always made for a good workout plus they improved my poison resistance. I also found a group of mountain trolls deep inside, but left them alone…..they didn’t even look as tough as sandbag no.1.

By the time the exams started, I was sharper and more experienced and had completed my duelling style. It was based on my silent and wandless casting, both kinds of haki, rock paper scissors- magic style, mana-blasts, TSS, afterimage technique and the reverse smash mode….i’m sure to beat most senior wizards and even a group of senior wizards with my fighting style….after the exams, I’m gonna test it out on dumbly…..now I need to learn disapparition and if possible a flight technique…..gotta ask dumbly or snape for that one…..what little ki I can form outside my body is not enough to use the air dance technique even if I could figure it out.

The exams were fine, I’m sure I’ll pass……the duel with dumbly on the other hand….i failed again…..but it’s no longer a one sided beating…..dumbly said that I’m  at the top wizard level already, it’s just that he had a lot more experience and was familiar with my duelling style and had some recent improvements…..i’m not buying it….he offered me some training with moody and newt in the vacation, I agreed…..that will get me fights with me dark wizards and magical creatures….maybe even dragons and giants plus I need to know more about dark magic, curses and stuff so moody’s semi- auror training will be of great help…..so here I am after the year-end feast , packing my travel stuff , dobby took the rest to my new house, I bought it near hogesmade, nothing fancy, but it has enough room and dobby is getting some training facilities installed…..funny how the year went by so calmly…..the plot sure got blown away …..well, then I should start my journey too…..hopefully at the end of it….and the vacation, I’ll have become the martial warlock…….i gots to find a cool name.

[sometime later…. near the start of the new year at hogwarts]

[SFX: CRACK!]

"I’m back!!, yo dumbles!, fawkes! Did ya miss me?!”

“welcome back lex, you haven’t changed much…..well, actually you’ve grown quite tall”

“caw!”

“mmm, yeah I did have a growth spurt, increased my food intake a bit too, still pretty lean though, no sign of fattening anywhere, it also balanced out my ki control, i can make more ki now, and even hold it in my body for a bit without exploding ”

“…..increased food intake?”

“….that’s what you took from all that?.... don’t worry about it too much, It’s just a bit more than before”

“….i hope so….so how was your time with alastor and newt?”

“oh it was great!, I learnt a  lot, fought a lot, kicked asses of dark wizards, vamps, werewolves, many other dark creatures, even fought goblins and some house elves plus I beat up dragons & giants, they were not as good at fighting as I though they would be…..just big sandbags really….at least the dragons could fly…..plus moody gave me some auror training……basically shove any knowledge hoe could at me, luckily I could take it……think he was quite pleased at the end, even if he said I was no good, he probably found me better than most of his other interns who showed up for training…..he really tore into them…..he’s not wrong though, even I don’t get how they got the job”.

“…I see, seems the vacation has proved very fruitful for you……you seem to have perfectly controlled your powers”

“oh I’m good now, I also learnt disapparition and even though I can’t use it in the castle, I managed to scrape a bit off it into my after-image technique and TSS , so now I’m at a whole new level of speed, I’m like the flash except with no speed force”

“…yes, I’m not sure who that is, but you seem excited enough, so I’ll just take it that you are a lot faster….so are you now convinced that you have reached the top level?”

“…umm, I think so, moody and newt said so anyway…..but y’know…..a good practical session is always the best to clear off any doubts….”

“…..very well, shall we?”

4