Crazy Request and Solution 3
287 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Siros asked that question, silence blanketed the room. Besides the distant ramblins and shouts from the prisoners of the dungeon, only their heartbeats and breathing could be still heard. It seemed like any second a word, an utter, or even a movement would come from the devil inside the pentagram, but nothing happened.  Even after five....ten....fifteen minutes nothing was said from Jason, making Siros furrow his brows.

................

Even more time passed...maybe an hour, maybe more,  but the deafening vail of silence from the devil they had summoned hadn't been lifted. Siros was beginning to loses his patience,  Pierre had begun to tire, but the man was the worst of them all. He couldn't stop shivering as his mind was filled only with fear as he knew that if this went awry he would definitely be killed. Even if it went well he would loose his usefulness and he would again be killed,  so he wrecked his brain in order to survive. Finally Siros seemed to have had enough and spoke towards the man who had summoned Jason " You... answer me...what is happening? Did the summoning go awry? And don't lie to me...I don't have to remind you what happens if you do ."

"I..I....

The man tried to speak,  but Pierre beat him to it."My liege, I don't think we need this one anymore. The ritual has been completed and the devil was summoned....he is now only a liability."

Hearing those words  the man immediately begun to beg fle his life."NO...please have mercy your majesty! I....I can still be of use to you, I'm not lying.....

Siros raised his hand to stop the man's rambling, but didn't move his attention from the unmoving figure standing before him. It had facial features like a human, but it seemed to be starting straight into Siros's mind,  taunting him, playing with his emotions,  insulting his intelligence. Siros didn't like it beeing looked down upon, but what could he do but to endure it? The thing before him wasn't one of his subjects,  it was a 'devil'... a beeing not of this realm. 

"You...mage, better make yourself useful or you will become food for my hunting dogs by the end of this day."

"Ye....yes, your majesty......" as soon as he heard those words from  Siros the man immediately begun to pray relentlessly at the unmoving figure held within the crimson pentagram. He prayed, sung him all kinds of pleasant things,  stroke it's ego without end,  but it still didn't move. 

Pierre who was designated as the bodyguard approached Siros slowly and patted his shoulder, but the later  also didn't seem to budge. This of course startled Pierre as he looked closely at Siros's face and saw that he wasn't responding,  his eyes not even blinking....

"MY LEIGE! Are you fine....my liege!" yelled Pierre taking Siros out of his stupor,  but what awaited him was only a slap to the face which stunned him.

"My liege....

"Hmph...I'm fine Pierre." said Siros  as he fixed the collar of his shirt "I was just thinking about this situation...about how disgustingly correct it is. It is like I am seeing the past unfold before my eyes. Hmph....such seems to the the curse of a mortal. Don't you also see it Pierre!? The 'devil' has given me the information I need to turn the tides of this war."

Siros clenched his hands and finally stood up,   his expression was that of understanding. "Pierre...take the devil we have summoned and think of him as me, then take the circle that keeps him in as the city walls. After that, think of me as the enemy who wishes to scale those walls and get what  it wants.....in this case the 'defeat' of the enemy, but it wasn't so easily granted. It'll make you frustrated if such a thing happens to you for certain....it was the same for me.  'Why won't he he answer , why won't he grant me even a word ' were my thoughts as I gazed at him,  and over time those thoughts became stronger and stronger until it became desperation. Under this 'desperation ' one will do anything to gain what he wants....I'm certain of that.

If not  why would we be here?"

Pierre listened at Siros's words intently , but he understood little of what was said.  It wasn't that Pierre was ignorant or didn't know of battlefield tactics , but to him it just seemed like the ramblins of a mad man. Of course he didn't say such a thing,  but he was beginning to regret suggesting the summoning of the devil. 

"The same could be said for us of course." continued to explain  Siros "As the enemy cannot get what they want,  we cannot get what we want either. Despair is also our response,  but compared to them I've understood that. 'Hope'...such a fickle but a powerful thing indeed." 

Siros looked at the still unresponsive devil and couldn't think if he was just a kid that was beeing nudged into the right direction.' Is his foresight so strong that he can predict the situation so acutely? Or is it really that my experience abouut the world is insufficient?Either way,  'Hope' is the answer for my current situation.'"

With those thoughts Siros quickly left the dungeon of his castle , Pierre immediately following him. Plans were already blooming in his mind, and he didn't have time to spare at all.

5