Prologue ‘Decision’
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was spending my day as I always do, I woke up ate my breakfast, put on my uniform, and left the house. When I arrived at my station in Camp Pendelton I quickly began my work, which to be honest wasn't much, medics aren't really needed outside of active conflict so I spent a good portion of the morning helping the members of my platoon with their tasks. My tasks were simple, finish the assigned PT and make sure my squad were able to meet the standard of the USMC, such is the responsibility of Sergeant Damien Nishimura.

 

"Hey Sarge, can I ask you a question?" The man asking me in such a casual manner was a long-time friend Corporal Emanuel Henderson. "Manny I've told you time and time again when superiors and around drop the Sarge," I said while holding my head in my hands. He's the last person I want to treat me like a superior, I hate that shit. the only reason why I'm a sergeant and he isn't was a battlefield promotion a year ago. "Are you doing ok Dame? You look like you haven't slept well in a while" he asked with a look of worry, damn is it that noticeable? I really should go grab some coffee or something. "I'm fine, just had a mountain of paperwork last night is all" I stated while trying my best to smile, it wasn't exactly a lie, but it wasn't the truth either. "Don't worry so much, it isn't a good look for you" I said while patting him on the shoulder, when I say not a good look I mean it, this man could be considered Adonis, worry looks terrible on him, I should really try my best to keep that look off his face.

 

Just as I was thinking this I heard the signature screech of the PA system coming to life. "Sergeant Nishimura report to the base commander's office, repeat, Sergeant Nishimura report to the commander's office'. What does the commander want from me, I don't recall my squad or my work being substandard at all. " What the hell did you do?" Manny asked seemingly stifling a laugh. "I have no idea......guess I'll find out shortly, see you later Manny"' Later Dame" we stated as we separated and I made my way to the commander's office.

 

Upon reaching the door I gave a loud but quick knock. "Come in" a female voice stated and I opened the door. Just as I was about to stand at attention the woman said in a calm voice "Please just sit down this meeting is informal." Huh? Informal? Why does she want to speak informally? "Umm Ma..." While I was trying to respond to the woman she interjected "Auntie..." I was confused "You always used to call me Auntie, when did that change?" she asked looking a bit dejected. "I'm sorry your right," I stated as I shut the door. "Hi Auntie what did you need?" "That's better, I've been your father's friend for 20 years and taken care of you for 10 so I'd hope you wouldn't toss that aside just because I have an eagle on my collar". Colonel Melissa Hart, she's right She has been considered family far longer than she has been my commanding officer so I guess it might hurt her feelings to suddenly be treated like a stranger, I'll have to keep that in mind.

 

"So Auntie, what did you need?" I asked while sitting down. This whole situation has my mind on edge, usually, Antie Lisa doesn't call me in for a chat so I'm guessing it's something important. "I'll get straight to the point......I'm transferring your squad to Japan."

"......"

"You once told me that you wouldn't go to school here in the States due to past experiences"

"......"

"So in order to get you to at least have a somewhat normal teen experience I've decided to give you a little push"

"......"

"Don't worry about anything, all the paperwork is done, you and the members of 301st Charlie Squad leave at 1500 hrs so you'd better get prepared."

As I look down at my watch it is already 1230 so I only have 4 and a half hours to prepare.

"I appreciate this Auntie but I didn't think you'd take my request back then seriously"

"of course I would you need to live a teenage life, being a scarred-up devil dog isn't something I would wish on  anyone, least of all my best friend's 17-year-old son"

She really does worry about me, why, there's no reason for people to worry about me so much, I'm fine. However, I'm not going to dismiss her concern just because I don't believe I deserve it. I suppose this is probably what she believes to be best so I should just be grateful right, I mean, this was a request of mine from a while back and I have been learning Japanese for years at this point, so other than packing I should be all set.

"Well, I suppose you've already enrolled me in school?"

"yes I have you'll be attending Shingetsu High"

"I have one request."

"What Would that be"

"I want Manny enrolled as well"

"Oh that's been done already"

"......"

"And don't worry we will still see each other quite a bit...... I make trips to Japan every 3 months to check on things"

"well I suppose that's it then," I said as I stood up from the desk and started walking towards the door only to hear my commander speak again.

"you need to be a kid. Go to school, have fun, fall in love, do something please." She said while her eyes began to water. "please do your best to live as normal a life as you possibly can you should have wonderful experiences and friends, so enjoy it" Tears now lightly falling down her cheeks.

"I will, Thank you, Auntie Lisa, I'll see you later". I said as I walked out the door giving her the brightest smile I could muster upon my departure.

'I guess by this time tomorrow I'll be living in Japan'

 

Little did I know that this Decision would be the turning point my life desperately needed.

 

AN. I know the prologue is a little short and I will be going into more detail about many things but this was the best way I could think of to get this story started. hope you enjoyed the start of my first story I'll be updating this story twice a week so please check back. Thank You.

 

1