?Chapter 03: Fire can thaw Ice?
258 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

?Caius

"What do you think the Commander is thinking?" Dominic whispered to Thibault.

"hmm... maybe another new way to train the soldiers--" Thibault said as he piled the books into the shelves. Dominic and Thibault are the assigned guards to me when I inherited the ducal title. They have been my closest aids since then.

I hung my head on the chair and sighed. I want to see her...Ameerah... I can't stop thinking about what happened at the festival 3 nights ago. I can't stop thinking about how her skin felt beneath my touch...The way she moaned when I sucked on her flesh and the way she arched her back as soon as I enter--Tch!

My pondering was interrupted by Dominic who placed a teacup in front of me. I narrowed my eyes.

"Co--commander" Dominic whispered, "Do you want some tea?"

I clicked my tongue again and ignored him.

"I told you--don't interrupt him when he is thinking so intently" Thibault whispered to Dominic.

Dominic slouched his back and walked away. He is such a child. I took a sip from the teacup and smiled Even though he is annoying he makes good tea...

I placed the teacup gently on the table. The cup felt warm to touch just like Ameerah. I don't know what happened to me... All I could think about is her. I want to see her... I want to kiss those soft lips. Ha... I feel like I've become like Etienne.

I need to quench this thirst I have for her! Slam! I immediately hands stood up making the chair fall with a loud bang behind me. Thibault flinched, "Co-commander?"

"Tell the soldier that we will train!"

Yes, I need to keep my body moving or else I'll go crazy thinking about her.

I swung my sword as Thibault ran towards me with the heightened speed with this sword on hand.  Thibault swung his sword at me as I blocked it with my sword, I pushed it down and elbowed him on his face. He fell on the ground with a bleeding nose "Ugh!" he exclaimed. 

I immediately pressed my handkerchief on his nose "Sorry--Thibault"

"Ha!?" He shook his head quickly "No...no commander... I'm fine"

"Stop shaking your head it might get worse" 

Thibault walked towards Dominic. "Did I hear it right? The commander said 'Sorry'?"

I turned away from them and clenched my fists. What's the matter with me? I've never felt the desire to win so much even in training...Various emotions somehow filled my whole body after I met Ameerah... The De Baptiste Family is known to have high affinity to water and Ice, therefore our hearts were frozen in the process. Even my father didn't think twice leaving his family to pursue his conquests. We never let our emotions go rapture--What is happening to my body?

Someone tapped me by the shoulder as I turned my head, Etienne was smiling widely at me. "I've never seen you so worked up in training before"

"Neither do I..."

"A new fire mage has been announced by Louis ...She will join our Escadrille"

Fire mage? It must be Ameerah? "Where is she now?"

Etienne's eyes widen "I never knew you'd be interested...she's in your office, Commander" he smiled. "She is quite the beauty" he added as I walked to my office. 

My heart was pounding very fast as I picked up my pace through the corridors...  I placed my hand on my chest to calm myself down. I've never felt like this before--my heart feels like it will leap out of my body! I immediately opened the door and saw a slender figure. 

She turned her head and smiled "Good morning Commander, I am Delphine Monclare"
.
.
.

?Ameerah

"Ameerah!" Marigold called out to me. I walked towards her and place a pile of summoning books of magic on her table. 

"Here you go..." I smiled. 

"Thanks! I am so glad that you were recruited in my Escadrille" 

Marigold Florence is the Commander of the Second Squadron of the Empire. She possesses powerful earth magic and in the novel, she is one of Caius' closest friends. Marigold is mild and quiet if I wasn't a woman I might end up falling in love with her. 

"Ameerah, Can you please bring this book to Marie" She handed me the book of spells "--also she will be training you about the summoning magic, as a summoner, we are also very important to the army...because we can conjure protection charm"

"Will she be teaching me that as well?" I inquired

"That's right--on your way then!" She beamed. 

"Thank you!" I bowed and ran towards the open grounds where Marie is training other new recruits.

I walked closer and bowed low. "Fire Mage Second Class Ameerah Laurent" I straightened up as Marie nodded.

"No need to be so formal here Ameerah" She extended her hand "Marie, Fire Mage First Class..."

I took her hand and gave it a gentle shake. 
"hmm... your grades must be outstanding to be promoted to Second class mage right after you graduate"

I smiled "Well, there is someone much outstanding than I am"

Marie crossed her hand around her chest "Hmm... Are you talking about Delphine Monclare?"

Oh. I think Delphine is even famous outside the academy.

"She is indeed outstanding..." Marie agreed "maybe that's why she was recruited to the First Escadrille"

What? The First Escadrille? That's Caius' squadron? Did they meet? I want to see it! As a fan girl, it would be the most memorable scene!

"Ameerah?" Marie called out to me. When I looked up she is already walking ahead of me.

"Oh coming!" Oh, I spaced out.

I caught up with Marie and inquired "Where are we going?"

"The new recruit mages in the Palace needs to be familiar with the Commanders of each Squadron so...The emperor is calling all Commanders and down to 5th Class mages to attend his annual speech" She smiled 

"The emperor's welcoming speech...you mean?"

"Oh, you know it?" she giggled. 

"My brother told me about ...he nearly dozes off in the middle of Emperor's speech!" we both laughed. 

"I remember Commander Lucien dozing off... Commander Marigold was the one who woke him up!" Marie laughed. She looked at me "I thought you will follow your brother's footsteps and become his Vice-commander--it is a place reserved for you"

"I want to start from the bottom and I don't want to rely on my brother too much" I smiled. 

"Well...I can see he loves you dearly--you are quite famous on his squadron!" She laughed. 

Ugh!"What did he say now?"

"Nothing much... it's just he has a cute little sister!" She laughed as I slugged my shoulders down. "Ugh! So embarrassing!"

"No" Marie giggled, "I think he such a sweet brother!"

Marie and I walked inside the court. The Emperor's throne room was enormous! The walls were painted in gold and silver with an eagle decorated on it. The 'Eagle' symbolizes the Emperor as the ruler of the Empire. My eyes wandered around the chamber, the ceiling was so high with several chandeliers hanging and on the center of the room, a massive chandelier with diamonds decorated on it hang fluidly. 

The Second Squadron was placed on the far side corner of the room, I straightened my back as I stand beside Anne. Anne Dewitt is Sarah Dewitt's younger twin sister, she has long curly golden hair and green eyes. I suspect Sarah cut her hair into a bob so that people will not mistake her for her younger sister. 

Anne smiled at me and whispered: "I'm so happy that we are together"

"Me too" I whispered back. Anne became my only friend in the academy well...merely because She and Sarah don't seem to see eye to eye at times. I turned my head and saw my brother standing in front of his squadron. He is wearing this blue uniform, he flinched and turned quickly to my direction and beamed! He raised his hand and waved at me. Does he have a sister-radar? 

 I waved a little then my eyes caught the sight of him. He was wearing his black uniform with golden ornaments hanging on this shoulder, he had his silver hair brushed up which made him more dignified. The way the shrieks of light from the glass ceiling made him more ethereal.  I can see the ladies' eyes wandered around him. In my imagination, the ladies' looked so in love with him that I can almost see them shooting hearts from their eyes. I giggled from the thought, I looked up and this time he was looking at me. 

His golden eyes scanned me from head to toe and back again to my face. I can't seem to look away from his intense gaze, it's as if he was pulling me to him! He tilted his head and slowly licked his lips, I blushed and he gave me a devilish smirk, I lower my head immediately. 

That pervert bastard! I peeked at him under my lashes and he is now looking ahead at the empty throne. A sudden movement caught my eyes and saw Delphine behind him! 

Shit! Did they already meet? I didn't even get to see it!  Delphine leaned over to him and whispered something. Caius nodded and smiled, They looked beautiful together...Did he come to like her? 

In the novel, Caius fell in love with Delphine at first sight. Did he fell in love with her now? I felt my chest tightened.

 What am I thinking? Is it better that they come together? So why do I feel like this?

My thoughts ceased as the trumpet sounds echoed the chamber. The emperor walked inside with the crown prince tattling behind him. 

We bowed low as he raised his hand and said "At ease"

We straightened up as the emperor began his speech. 

  ❤️???? ???? ?? ??????? ??? ???? ❤️

11