?Chapter 05: Fire can thaw Ice 3?
236 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

?Ameerah

I opened my eyes and it was already dark outside. I suddenly sat up and to my surprise, I am already dressed.  Did Caius dress me up? My eyes wandered around the darkroom and a figure suddenly stood up and approached me slowly. 

"Are you hungry?" He spoke. 

I shook my head. The events that happened earlier kept flashing through my mind and made me blush. "Um...I --I need to go" I quickly stood up but he pulled me into his arms and embraced me tightly. 

"You're not going to push me away anymore...right?" He asked. 

I patted his silver hair "I won't"  There is no use pushing him away anyway!  

"I'll take you home" He offered.

"No--Um...if someone sees us--" I hesitated "It's already evening...if someone sees us then it might create a scandal--"

"If any scandal that may arise I will take responsibility..." He said confidently. 

"Responsible? For me? I can take care of myself" I patted his chest. He smiled and let me go, "But still-- I need to take you home...I am still a gentleman" He smirked. 

 All the things you have done to me...was that even gentle?UGH!

As we were walking down the hallway, he would occasionally slow his pace to match mine. I can't help but smile with his gesture.  He seems like a giddy kid! His little finger wound around my little finger until he is holding the tips of it. 

I can hear my own heartbeat.  Thump Thump Thump  I peeked at him a little, his hair was a mess and strands of hair fall on his forehead. I touched my chest to calm myself, I think I really do like him. I can't seem to quench the heat inside of my body! As soon as we entered the carriage I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him into a kiss!

He kissed me back gently, our tongues playfully rolled together as he brushed his tongue against the roof of my mouth. I moaned softly "hmmm..."

He pulled gently away and I closed my eyes, waiting for him to trail his kisses down my neck but --nothing. I opened my eyes and he is already seated opposite me!  Bastard! 

He smirked, "Do you want more?"

"Shu--shut up!" I looked away. I popped my elbow and rested my chin on the back of my hand, I can feel his gaze upon me. "What?" I exclaimed. 

"You look very pretty today" He smiled.  What? This bastard, why is he making my heart flutter with his flattery!  "I am happy to see you today--" he continued. 

"Me too"  What did I say?

?Grendel Forest of Sicca, A week after the ceremony. 

 Marigold wandered around the forest as I tattled along with Marie. We had received reports that there was a magical beast that is roaming around the forest. It is said that the beast was responsible for the disappearance of three bodies.  

I opened my bag and handed Marie a jug of water. "I think the beast hasn't gone far..." Marigold said as she picked up a broken tree branch. "Judging from his tracks...he ran here--then" Marigold walked towards the river "Jumped into the river"

"The magical beasts will never enter the city...they always hide away from people" Marie spoke. 

"That is a mystery... there must be something much scarier inside the forest for the beasts to cower and run away"

"What would that be?" Marie inquired. 

In the novel, the Grendel Forest of Sicca is home to some strong mana beasts. Some adventurers would travel and capture these mana beasts to extract some energy from them. I already read about it in the novel--but I can't just blurt it out to them.

The Sphynx is one of the beasts that tormented the city of Sicca and the one that killed it was Caius. I walked up to Marigold and said: "The beast doesn't come out in the day-- we can search for it by night...um it might be a Sphynx?"

Marigold looked at me "How do you know?" -- Because I already read it in the novel! 

"Um...look--" I pointed out the tracks, "I noticed the footprints...aren't the same as lions in the forest...it's bigger!"

"Oh, she is right...it is bigger but we couldn't know if it's a Sphynx...I mean, they are just myths!" Marie spoke while looking at the prints. 

"let's camp out here..." Marigold ordered. 

"But--"  The Sphynx will attack the city tonight! "Shouldn't we go back to the city and see if the beast will come back?"

"Beasts don't come back twice after they raided a city or forest"  Marie answered.  Oh! But it will!

Marie started to set up a campfire "Ameerah, I need some fire here" She smiled.

I pointed my finger and ignited the wood into flames."Woahhh!Not too big"

"Sorry" I muttered. I can't seem to be at ease, if the Sphynx attack the city tonight, Caius will have to face it. What if he gets hurt... What a minute...am I that worried about him?

I sat down next to Marie and handed her a portion of canned food. She started chowing it down, she offered me a can and I took it. The moment I smelled the tuna I felt my stomach turned. I quickly ran towards the river and vomited. I think I emptied my stomach! Marie patted my back.

"Are you okay?" Marie asked.

"I'm fine... I am not a tuna lover" I laughed.

"You can have bread..." Marigold said as she was approaching us.

I nodded.

Marigold and Marie swiftly fell asleep after dinner but I stayed awake and watched the stars.   You will never see this in Manhattan! My stomach growled I miss the Italian restaurant down the street from my apartment! I tossed and turned to ignore my grumbling stomach.

I stood up and rummage my bag and found a piece of cheese. I took the bread from Marie's bag and begun eating it. Why do I feel so hungry?! I felt like I haven't eaten for a week!

After eating I walked around the forest and to digest the food. As I was walking deeper inside the forest, the darker it got! I turned around but I forgot the way I came. My eyes wandered around but I couldn't find the way. Shit shit!

There is no other way but to continue this path. I walked inside the forest when I heard hooves. I ran towards the sound and saw the most magnificent horse I've ever seen.

The horse was pale with a silver glittering mane. The light from the moon made it looked even more ethereal. I reached out to the horse and touched it as it neighed.

"No mortal is able to touch him..." The voice came from behind. I quickly twirled around but he was so fast, he was already next to me when I turned around. My hand was wrapped around the sheath of my dagger, I pulled it out. He quickly grabbed my wrist before I could even plunge it to his chest. 

He grabbed my face and I can see his eyes gleam under the moonlight. His eyes were like rubies, but there was something about them that scares me. It's as if he was looking into my soul!

"Interesting...A mortal given the eternal light, you are not from this world are you?"

I can feel my whole body trembled. I quickly ignite my hands with fire, He released me as I grabbed him by his collar and set him ablaze. I ran further away from him!

He swung his hand and the flames disappeared. What is he?

"You have incredible mana inside of you..." He was smiling widely.

"What?" I managed to speak

"Oh, you do not know..." He walked towards his horse and climbed up. "The child inside you holds great mana energy..."

My hand immediately went to my belly. Child? "What are you talking about?" My voice trembled.

"The child holds great promise... I'll return for it after the fifth blood moon arises..."

"Who the fuck are you!?" I shouted.

He titled his head "I am Death... the pale horseman of the apocalypse"

My knees grew weak and I fell slowly down on the ground. His presence was so great that my whole body shook in fear.

"I shall come back for the child"

  ❤️???? ???? ?? ??????? ??? ???? ❤️

8