?Chapter 06: Am I pregnant??
179 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

?Ameerah

"I shall return for the child"

The moment he finished speaking his body began to disappear like dust. My hands trembled as I touched my belly. I can feel a little bump! Is there really a child inside me?

"What should I do?" I muttered. I tried to stand up but my whole body is cemented on the ground.

"Ameerah!" Marie called out. "Ameerah!"

"I'm over here..." I choked.

"Ameerah!" Marigold cried out

"I'm... I'm over here!" I shouted.

I can hear their footsteps running towards me. "Why are you here Ameerah?" Marigold inquired as she helped me up.

"I--I got lost" I force a smile. Marigold and Marie looked at each other and back to me "Oh you're hopeless!" Marie chuckled. 

"Come on!" Marigold spoke. 

I walked behind them with my hands on my belly.  How am I pregnant? I drank the silphium tea...Wasn't it working? I miss condoms! 

As we were walking down the patched grass there was a sudden roar! The bird began to fly away as the ground trembled. "What was that?" Marie cried out. 

 The Sphynx! "It must be a beast!" I exclaimed. 

"Ameerah carry the bags! Marie let's go!" Marigold ordered. I quickly took the bags and climbed up on my horse. As we reached the city, several soldiers are already injured and the wind mages including Anne, are healing them. 

"What happened here, Soldier?" Marigold inquired. 

The soldier is a member of Cobalt Squadron, he had his sword up but his hands are trembling "Th--the monster started to attack!" 

I looked ahead and the Cobalt Squadron is already battling it. Delphine was already muttering her incantations and several wood-like stems appeared tying the monster down but it was too strong! The monster clawed its way out of the rope-like veins. Delphine summoned her special magic, her flames began to scatter around the monster and with the flick of her wrist the flames rained down. The monster roared angrily as the flames hit it but it wasn't enough! The monster spread its wings and flap flap! The monster flapped its wings creating a strong hurricane that carried Delphine away!

"Ahhh!" She screamed.  I need to help her!  --but Caius was too quick! He leaped into the air and pulled Delphine out of the hurricane. He carried into his arms and put her down beside Thibault "Take care of her" Caius said. 

"Thank you, Command---" before Delphine could finish thanking him, Caius already launched himself to the beast. I have never seen someone fight like this--with a kind of brutal grace! The monster swung its claws towards him but he ducked and pierce his sword into the monster's leg. SLIT! The monster's leg was cut off, sending him into the ground. 

Caius immediately summoned his ice magic, the wind immediately turned to several ice daggers. Caius waved his hand down and the daggers pierced the monster's body, the moment the monster died the soldiers cheered and rejoiced!

"That's the Commander for you!" 

"Yeah! The strongest of the Empire!"

The soldiers continued to cheer. Caius walked towards Delphine "Are you okay?" He asked. Delphine smiled sweetly "I'm fine because of you, Commander!"

"Doesn't the Commander and Lady Delphine looked good together?" A soldier cried out.

Delphine blushed and tugged a strand of hair onto her ear "Ah--Commander" She peeked at him under her eyelashes as she blinked rapidly.  

My gosh! Is she trying to flirt? Ugh! But if it goes well-- then Caius might be falling for --why is he walking over here?

"Ameerah!" He shouted, "I didn't know you will be here!"

I looked at Delphine behind him.  Oho! She doesn't look happy at all. "My Commander and I were in the forest scouting when we heard a beast...so we followed it" I explained. 

Caius quickly held my shoulders with both arms and examined my body "You don't look hurt--then that's fine"

"But--Delphine" I turned to Delphine "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" She snapped. 

"Sergeant Monclare, Please get yourself treated--" Caius nodded at the wind healers direction. Delphine bowed quickly  "Yes sir!"

"You killed a beast..." I said as I watched the soldiers tear the beast into pieces. It wasn't a pretty sight and I think I'm going to vomit--again! Ugh! I covered my mouth and ran towards an alley and vomited. 

"Ameerah...are you okay?" Concern was evident in Caius's tone. He patted my back gently as he pulled my hair away from my face. Just then the Pale horseman words came to me:
 
I shall return for the child

...Child? My child and his-- I looked up and saw Caius's concern face. 

His child is inside me! Shit! Shit! Shit! I quickly stood up "I'm okay--I need to go to the hospital"

"It's already late...I will take you--"

"No--I'll go alone...besides, a commander should not leave his squadron"

He didn't respond so I caressed his face gently. "I will be fine" He placed his hand on mine and kissed it. 

"Okay"

?Anne

I quickly laid my hand over the soldier's wound and gently transferred mana on it. Wind mages are the only ones that can transfer their mana into a living thing. We are able to manifest a great amount of energy around us and heal wounds. That is why wind mages are born to be healers and doctors. 

I warm hand patted me as I finished healing the soldier. When I turned around it was Ameerah with a troubled look on her face.  What happened? 

"What's wrong...are you hurt?"

"No" She muttered "I need to talk to you--in private"

"Alright..." We rode the carriage in silence. I couldn't help but wonder what is she thinking in that little head of hers. We arrived in the hospital but Ameerah kept quiet...This is not the Ameerah I know! I twirled around and faced her:

"What is going on? You are so silent in the carriage? You are always have something to say...what got your tongue--"

"I think I'm pregnant" 

My jaw dropped as she said the word pregnant  "Are you joking?"

"I am not! Anne, what should I do?" Ameerah was starting to tear up.  It must be true!

"Wait a minute..." I massaged my temples as  I breathe in and out "Tell me everything--"

After Ameerah told me the whole story. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped once again. "You and Caius!?" I screamed. 

"Shhhh-- don't scream"

"But--but it's--it's unbelievable"

"I know--right?" 

"First things first! We need to get you examined..." I held my hands up and lightly touched her belly. 

"What are you doing?" She asked. 

"If you are really pregnant...I can feel the baby's energy...the air inside your body can tell me" The moment I touched her belly an electrifying current rushed through my fingertips sending shivers throughout my body!

"Ah!" I jerked.

"Wha-what's wrong?"

"Ameerah! I've never felt so much mana! I mean...judging from the air around it, it's only 2 weeks old...This is incredible! Your baby is interesting...I mean--"

"You're acting like a crazy wack doctor...right now!"

"No..I mean--come on! I've had several mothers visiting here, I felt their babies' mana but nothing like this--It's incredible...so incredible!"

The baby is still developing but the mana around it is incredibly strong. What will happened after the baby will be born? I would love to see the baby grow up and manifest his powers. He will become a beast with that mana energy.

"So I am pregnant" Ameerah spoke. 

"Yeah..." I straightened up "You need to let Caius know about this--"

"No"

"But Ameerah--"

"I said no...We will just become a hindrance to him"

"Wha--"

Ameerah quickly stood up "Anne, you are the only one I could trust right now...please keep this a secret"

I sighed and quickly gave Ameerah a hug. "yes I will..."  

Yeah, for now, I will support her--I am the only one she got right now.

       ❤️???? ???? ?? ??????? ??? ???? ❤️

6