?Chapter 07: Expedition to Moises?
294 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

?Delphine 

Caius De Baptiste is infamous around the Empire, there is no soul in the Grendel that doesn't know him. Even when I was in the academy, I heard a lot of his achievements. He was the youngest appointed Commander of Cobalt at the age of 19 and the decorated hero of the kingdom. 

I've always wanted to meet him. I worked hard to get to the Cobalt Squadron and here I am, First-class sergeant. "Delphine--Can you please send the report about the sphinx last night" Dominic spoke sweetly. 

Ever since I arrived at Cobalt, all the officers were smoldering me with their attention but not the Commander. He would treat me the same as he treats his subordinates, his attitude will only change when Ameerah is around. 

Thinking about the Ameerah as his lover is infuriating. Why do I feel this jealousy... I never felt envy towards another person before!

I unconsciously crumpled the paper "Ah--Delphine if you are not ready to submit it, you can turn it in tomorrow" Dominic spoke with an awkward smile. 

"Oh--" I smiled sweetly "I will turn it in now, Sergeant Seultz" 

Dominic smiled at me sweetly. Yeah! That's right! They all treat me differently even in the academy--I just batted my eyes and they all fall for me..but why? I turned to the Commander, who was busily flipping the documents as he skim-read it.

Why hasn't he fallen for me? I stood up and quickly took the teacup and poured him tea "Commander, here is your tea" I smiled. 

"hmm...yes" He replied not taking off his eyes from the documents. Just then a blackbird tapped at the window. 

The commander suddenly stood up and opened his window as a blackbird flew inside and landed on his table. The blackbird chirped and slowly turned into a letter. The commander read it and furrowed his brows. 

"Everyone--"He called out "We are needed in the Palace"

"Is there another beast on a rampage?" Thibault inquired. 

"I'm afraid so-- We'll know it once we get there" The commander tapped his fingers on the letter "This letter was sent by Marigold. I suspect the summoners need more manpower, they will be raiding the forest"

"Woah! I want to go to the forest!" Dominic beamed. 

"We are not going there to have a picnic, you know--" Etienne spoke, he quickly turned to me and winked. "If you ever get scared...feel free to ran to my arms"

I narrowed my eyes "No need, I can take care of myself, Vice commander!"

Thibault and Dominic tried to hold their laughter.

"I only need two for this expedition..." Caius turned to Etienne "You stay here and mind the squadron while I am away..."

Etienne raised his eyebrows "You are the commander, surely you can send someone else for this expedition--"

"No, I'll go" Caius spoke as he put on his coat. Etienne shrugged his shoulders and bowed low "Yes sir!"

Caius turned to the three of us "Thibault and Delphine with me...Dominic--" Caius tapped the paperwork "Get to it"

"UGH!" Dominic grudgingly sat on his chair and pouted. 

I smiled to myself as I walked behind the commander. He chose me personally since he acknowledges my strength... right? Maybe I have a chance to get close to him.

We walked to the Palace's open grounds where Commander Marigold is speaking to two of her subordinates. I knew Ameerah but I haven't met the other one. She had ginger long hair and big green eyes, she is not particularly pretty but she has an alluring aura around her. The girl's eyes widened when she saw Caius approaching.

She likes the commander. She is pretty obvious about it.

"Caius!" Marigold cried out as she approached us "I never thought you will come personally...this is a surprise!"

"Well... I want to see this expedition through" Caius' eyes wandered around and stopped at Ameerah's face "I'm glad I agreed to go..."

Ameerah narrowed her eyes at him as he continued to smile.

Thibault leaned closer to me and whispered: "I've never seen the commander smile like that to anyone! Are the Commander and Commander Marigold close friends?"

He is not smiling at her but Ameerah. "I suppose so..." I replied.

"Then let me introduce my subordinates... This is  First Class Sergeant Marie De Par and Second Class Sergeant Ameerah Laurent"

They bowed low and Caius nodded. "This is First Class Sergeants Thibault Azul and Delphine Monclare"

We bowed low and Marigold enthusiastically smiled at me. "Oh! The Fire prodigy of this year graduates! I'm glad someone of your caliber will be helping us!"

"You flatter me, commander" I peeked secretly to see Caius' expression but he wasn't even paying attention to Marigold's remark. He was intently looking at Ameerah.

"Then...let's get to it" Marigold walked towards the table and laid a map. "We went here last night, we saw the monsters are coming from the other side" She pointed at the riverbanks of Moises. "The monsters are from Moises...I think they are escaping something and ran all--" Her finger scanned around the map "Over here!"

"Are you telling me that the Sphynx last night was from the forest of Moises?" Caius inquired. 

"Yes..." Marigold nodded. 

"Commander Caius...we also found some tracks near the riverbanks between the Sicca and Moises territory..." Marie spoke. 

"The monsters are--avoiding something..." Ameerah said softly.

"Avoiding?" Thibault spoke. 

Ameerah pointed at the map "The monsters in Sicca will not go rampage in the city since they are afraid of people...but the sphynx are very rare creatures that can only be found in Moises"

"There is something in Moises that these creatures are avoiding...more like--they are afraid of "

"How can you be sure?" I raised my eyebrows at her. 

"I--um..."She hesitated. 

"Ameerah, is there something you haven't told us?" Marigold asked her. 

"Spit out Ameerah..." Marie encouraged her as she patted Ameerah's back gently. 

"I saw...I--I saw the Pale horseman near the Sicca Forest" She lowered her head  "I know I sound crazy but that's what I saw--"

All of us went silent for a moment then Caius spoke: "I believe you..." 

"Ameerah is right, the creatures from Sicca are afraid of people so they avoided any contact but the creatures of Moises can be a threat--but they do not wander far from Moises forest since it is their territory" Caius continued "If the Sphynx found its way all over here--that means there is something in the Moises forest that it is most afraid of...and it is already found its way here in Sicca"

"Do you believe that it is the Pale horseman?" Thibault wasn't convinced, he quickly turned to "I'm sorry Ameerah but the pale horseman is a myth--no one ever seen it"

"I can't even hardly believe myself--" Marie answered.

"But if Ameerah said so and Caius believed her --Let's all believe for now" Marigold smiled at Ameerah "If we go deeper in the forest--who knows, maybe we can encounter it"

The Pale horseman of the Apocalypse.  How can a mythological creature come all the way here, what does it want? They submerge each city into flames until none of them is left. I felt my knees trembled. 

Caius gently touched my shoulder "Are you okay?" 

"Yes, Commander"

Marigold rolled the map and smiled "Caius, will you head the expedition...you are more qualified to do it..."

Caius nodded "Then, we will meet here at first light tomorrow morning"

"Yes, sir!" We all replied.  

.

.

.

?Ameerah

We embarked on our journey first thing in the morning. The city of Moises is one of the largest cities in Grendel it specializes in trading since it is closer to the western kingdom.

The city streets were filled with rare herbs and ingredients, all kinds of colorful dresses and glittering jewels. Marie's eyes widened at the sight of satin dresses, I never knew she was the type to dress up.

Delphine wandered her eyes at the rare herbs. As a summoner, I understand her fascination. The children were running down the streets and the merchants busily shouting and selling their merchandise.

We stopped at the tavern and rested for the night. As soon as we entered the tavern, a sweet smell came from the kitchen that makes my mouth water.

Growl!!!Growl!!!Growl!!! 

Do I have a beggar inside my stomach?... I just chowed down the bread Marie gave me earlier!

My stomach growled again from hunger. The waiter laid out the most delicious smelling meat that was grilled into perfection, the salad was freshly picked vegetables dipped with Moises' special sauce and the hot mushroom soup that smelled so divine on the table.  They all looked so delicious that my inner self is already drooling.

I chowed down immediately, I couldn't help feel their gazes so I stopped "Sorry, I was hungry" I awkwardly laughed.

"I bet you are..." Thibault said as he gently pushed a bowl of his soup to me.

Delphine looked at me disgusted. What's her problem? I turned to my food and continued to eat. A cold hand suddenly brushed my cheek so I flinched.

"What?" I cried out.

"You have rice on your cheek..." He gave me a glass of water "Slow down..."

You're the one to talk! Whose fault is it that I have a beggar inside of my belly now! Why am I so hungry?!

After the delicious dinner, Marigold brought goblets of wine and started drinking! In the novel, Marigold was described as a heavy drinker. 

"Ah! Nothing but cold wine after dinner" She sighed. 

Thibault joined her and drank, he offered a goblet to Delphine, who slowly drank it. I didn't know Delphine could drink.  Thibault and Marigold started to converse with each other and totally ignored us. Marie sat next to Caius and offered him a glass as she accidentally brushed her enormous boobs on his arm. Caius flinched but his face is still emotionless. 

"Commander, do you want a drink?" She asked. Caius politely refused her, but Marie was persistent.  Her cheeks were like tomatoes from drinking. She can't do that... before I could speak Delphine slammed her goblet on the table.

"I think you are sitting too close to the commander, Sergeant De Par!"

"But the commander doesn't mind" Marie pressed her boobs firmly to Caius' arms.

I couldn't take it anymore so I stood up and left.  I don't want to go between Marie and Delphine I chose to live peacefully but--why is my heart aching so much? I hate it--I hate the way she embraces his arms as if they are familiar with each other!

I breathe the cold night air and sighed.

"Are you angry?" Caius's voice came from behind me. Did he follow me? I turned to him and glared.

"Don't mind her, she was drunk" He explained. I know that but I just couldn't control this raising anger inside of me.

"But judging by your expression, you like it" Oh! My mean mouth! I should stop... "You seemed to be enjoying yourself with her!"

The words just kept rolling out of my mouth. That's it, I made him angry. I peeked at him to see his reaction but he was looking intently at me with his lips curved up.

Why is he smiling?

He gently pulled me into a hug "You're jealous... doesn't that mean you like me too"

"Don't ge-get ahead of yourself..." I said shyly.

His body is cold but I never felt safer. I liked his scent like jasmine flowers. His arms wrapped around my waist tightly as he kissed my forehead.

"The only reason I want to go to this expedition is because of you--"

"Huh?"

"I want to see you everyday Ameerah, I want to kiss and hug you like this--" He looked at me "I should buy you lots of food when we come back to Grendel... I didn't know you are a big eater" he chuckled.

I slapped his chest gently "Stop teasing!" I buried my face in his chest.

"We didn't even go to a proper date... whenever we see each other all we do was have se-"

I covered his mouth immediately "Okay when we return to Grendel... let's have a picnic"

He nodded and smiled. We looked at each other for a long time, I couldn't look away from those magnanimous eyes. They are like magnets...pulling me into him. 

I was surprised with myself as I clung on his neck and kissed him. His arms hugged me tightly as our mouths pressed hard to each other.

I opened my mouth and he inserts his cold tongue. His tongue rolled inside my mouth and brushed through my gums as it found my warm tongue and playfully rolled around it.

He gently bit my lower lip and I muffled a moan. "Ah" 

His hands found their way to my buttocks and gently squeezed it. "Ah! Caius" 

My body started to heat up, I felt my hormones raging on! I want this man. I want him now. I want him inside of me!

???? ???? ?? ????? ? ??????? ??? ??? ????! ?

7