Chapter 3: Gettin’ Warhamered (3)
506 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vesper roams around the ship for the cafeteria to grab something to eat before arriving to the planet. And so, he does, he could see two large doors with a holographic sign saying 'Dining Hall'. Vesper goes the door and waits for the door to open before entering the room behind it. The door opens and he walked into something kind of pretty looking.

The dining hall is actually something to look at, the floors are clean, the tables seem sparkly as if not a single grim was present. Vesper noticed a huge machine in the middle of the dining hall. He walked towards it and saw a screen on the machine.

"Hello. And please select. Your meal. For Today." A robotic voiced called out through the screen. Vesper noticed images on the screen. He reads the following names of these meals, 'Steak and Lobster', 'Conbeef Dally', 'Norin Specialty', 'Warrior's Meal', and the 'Star Burger'. Vesper chuckled at the names of the meals, what really did confuse him the most is the steak and lobster meal, he thought he was an alien so why is there a Human meal? Personally, he doesn't like lobster, so for now, he is picking the star burger. He tabs the image of the burger before another screen showed.

"Please select the following sides. Of. Meal." The robotic voice came back. Vesper looked at the screen again. He noticed one of the sides is called 'Meat Cake' and the other being 'Blood Cookies'. He felt somewhat disgusted at it but thinking again, it's probably normal for him in his new body. He didn't really read the rest of the menu and choose the blood cookies.

The screen changed again with the robotic voice soon followed. "Please select a. Drink. For. Meal." He sees new images again and what really surprised him is the 'Blue-berry Coke' he and the 'Strawberry Piper' drinks, they somehow reminded him of the drinks back home when he was still. Well, Human. The drinks and meals look as if someone created Halloween version or crappy knockoff brands of popular drinks. He chose the Strawberry Piper drink.

Soon enough, the meal came out of a dispenser underneath the screen. "Thank you. And. Have. A Nice. Day." The robotic voice chimed in.

Vesper walks away from the machine with a tray in hand with his food. He sits down on one of the clean tables and begins to eat. Honestly, he felt at peace, the only noise he could hear is that of the engines or the ship itself. However, he does feel some hint of loneliness as he continues to eat alone. But that soon changed when someone or rather something enters the Dining Hall.

A very Human-looking person enters the Dining Hall and is seen cleaning the floor with a mop and some other cleaning tool. Vesper noticed how robotic it's moving. Then he noticed computer parts of the backend of the person, it was one of those Androids that XISER explained earlier. He could go up to it and strike out a conversation with it... But he is afraid to mess it up and be weird in front of it, so for the time being, he would leave the Android alone and focus on eating his meal.

Ten minutes later, Vesper exited the Dining Hall and into the corridors again. He has a small piece of a Blood Cookie left and a few sips of his drink. His expression is a mix of pleasure and joy as if he ate something so heavenly. He bites down at the last bite of the Blood Cookie and sips the remains of his drink. Vesper looked at the container in his hand and wonder what to do with it. His thought is soon answered when an Android just snatch the empty cup and throw it into a bin dangling on his side. "Uh, Thanks?" Vesper told the Android.

The Android just nods and resumes walking. Vesper, complexed, decided to resume his walking before a siren is heard throughout the ship.

<<<"Battle stations. Battle stations. Unknown vessels detected on intercept course. Battle stations. Battle stations.">>> An deep robotic voice is heard through the ship's intercom. Vesper begins to run until he sees a room called 'Weapons Control Center' and enters the room. He noticed a few more Androids typing in consoles with a screen viewing the outside of the ship.

"Situation?" Vesper asked the Androids.

"Three unidentified ships is detected outside of weapons range; however, we did detect smaller ships leaving the bigger ships, we can presume they are fighters or boarding craft." XISER told Vesper as a screen of her is seen through it. Viewing her AI core.

"Alright, can we counter them?" Vesper asked.

"Depends, this ship is a light corvette, probably will sustain damage through this fight or potentially get boarded by those smaller ships. But we can differently out paste them if new be or we could jump into Phase Space if the situation is dire." XISER answered.

"Phase Space? Is that some kind of FTL technology thingmajig?" Vesper asked.

"The Phase Drive isn't any other FTL technology we have at our disposal. It is effective and safer to use the drive than any other drive. Hyperspace Drives is behind in terms of safety and reliability, but the Phase Drive could open holes in the Phaseverse if we are not careful." XISER answered while the glowing hued of red thickens.

"What happens if we tear a hole in it?" Vesper asked.

"A lot of things really, Phase Entities could crawl themselves out into the universe was we know it, or generally blow a hole in time and space. Hopefully we have the entities other than the other stuff." XISER explained.

Vesper just had the stingiest shiver of his life; he could just imagine what the 'other stuff' is. "So how come we still use this drive if it's so dangerous to us, how come we aren't using the other drives?"

"One, the Phase Drive never really consumed a whole lot of power, two, the Phase Drive isn't all too hard to understand, third, it's because of its reliability that makes it so popular among the USR. Plus, our ships were based on the usage of the Drive and if we wanted to, we could design a new ship and waste resources making it as safe as possible for any potential Drive Meltdowns. That would be too expensive to experiment with the other drives, so we just 'rolled with the flow' as you Humans once said." XISER explained the Drive to Vesper for additional five minutes before stopping. Vesper was beyond confused at this point.

"Hostile ships are now in weapons range, should we fire warning shots?" One of the Androids asked both XISER and Vesper.

"No what, no, just destroy them, it looks like they aren't going to be friendly either way. Fire the Point Defenses at the smaller lead ships then use the big guns on the other ships. However, leave one of them intact, I want a boarding party myself to be on that ship." Vesper told the two Androids manning the consoles.

"Well do, sir." One of them responded.

"Uhm, XISER, what the hell was that?" Vesper asked XISER about his unexpected behavior.

"Your personality is changing bit-by-bit in every second. It is rewriting your Human soul you can say into that of a Unianion Soul."

"Wait, you're telling me not only I am an alien, but that my alien body is changing my god damn spirit at the same time!?" Vesper almost yelled at XISER; the Androids seemed to be unfazed by it whatsoever.

"Yes, every shape possible, yes indeed. This would actually make your spirit stronger and could improve your mental health as well. Tell me Vesper, do you feel more... Tired?" XISER asked.

"Yes, matter in fact I'm a bit drewsy. Why you asked?" Vesper asked XISER.

"The reason why you are feeling tired is because of your soul being reshaped and being remodeled by the second, your soul is very much trying to cling on the very last bit of Humanity left and trying to reject the Unianion part. So, your very soul is fighting against your Unianion body in a battle of wills. I wonder who would win?" XISER asked herself, Vesper stares at XISER as the news about his soul tearing itself apart as to try to keep his Humanity intact. I wonder why it does that? But Vesper snaps back into reality as he hears cannons firing outside the ship.

"Firing Point Defense Cannons." One of the Androids told Vesper and XISER. Vesper looks at the screen that is viewing the small drill like ships moving towards them. Soon however, one of the ships exploded as rounds pounded the ship into shreds. The same can be said about the other smaller ships. "Larger ships are now in range, firing the 120 Inch battery." Large explosions are heard outside of the ship as if a boom struck something. He stares at the screen after a ship is split in half after one round eats away the hull of the ship.

"Roger, firing twin-link 25 Inch batteries. Quad firing Point Defense cannons are joining the barrage to disable one of the ships." One of the other Androids responded. A series of tracers are seen heading towards the leading ship, it appears to have shields. "Firing TAVM." He spoke again. Vesper looks at the screen before a missile is seen rushing towards the ship in shocking speed. However, it didn't hit the ship at the front but in the back. A large chain-reaction of an explosion is seen behind the ship and the said ship seizes to move. The other ship is soon destroyed by the 120 Inch Cannon in a mere second. "Sending Boarding Party.

A ship is seen leaving the Devarious in high speed towards the disabled ship. Vesper looks at the ship managed to drill itself into the hull of the vessel. "Sir, the Android Combat Team managed to breach the hull of the ship and now is entering the vessel as we speak. Minimal Resistance is reported.

"Good, have them capture the bridge and have the commanding officer on that ship alive. We might want to interrogate them." XISER told the Android before it typed away on the console.

"Wonder what kind of aliens they are, but I wonder why those ships looked familiar to me..." Vesper closely looked at the barely intact ship through the screen before exiting the room.


<<<???>>>

"Oh! His small crew managed to destroy those poor fools. I wonder what he's going to use them for." A bright young man is seen looking at space through an orb of two ships.

"Quiet child, I'm still reading over here. I already knew he would come out victorious, you could've asked me the outcome of it since it's simpler." An elderly man is seen sitting on a stone stool reading an ancient looking book.

"But It won't be fun if you would just tell me!" The younger man exclaimed.

"Jeez, I know you are the Deity of Happiness and Joy, but could you please tune it down a bit." The elderly told the younger man with an annoyed face.

"Stop it you two, you know, Floriza, you should be nice to your older brother." A woman told the elderly man.

"Yes, I know elder sister, but he keeps getting on my damn nerves sometimes." The book on the man's hand vanished with stuff coming out of his palm. "By the way, sister, where did Azia go?" The elderly man asked the woman.

"Well, I do not know, he said he was going to get our champion a 'gift' by going to the mortal realm. Anyways that's not important, how is the Chaos Gods?"

"What do you expect? They are the most annoying pests ever, and for bloody sake, Khrone keeps trying to stab me with his little pencil swords every time we meet face-to-face. He's lucky we don't interfere with mortal affairs; I wonder how the hell is he worshipped of being the 'Chaos god of War and Bloodshed' or something just because he's big and red with sharp pencils." The elderly man told the woman with frustration as he looks at Khrone at his throne of skulls.

"Eh, at least you don't have to deal with the other arrogant Gods of other universes, these 'Gods' are an absolute joke. How were they made? Through the warp storm?" The Woman asked the elderly man.

"Appears likely, that asshole is going to have hell with me after he returns." The man told the woman while holding his fist out with anger.

"Yep, I'll do the same, damn you Jyan for having to clean up your god damn mess." The woman rubs her temples.

"Oh, I almost forgot, did you fix the link that caused the warp storm? Don't want to have another, three, no four additional warp storms in the universes." The man asked the woman.

"Actually, yes, I did. Took me more than a million years to fix it though."

"Good, I feel relief."

"Okay, that appears it, OI, Goerz, your stupid mortals are trying to enter my universe, deal with them or I'll have your head."

Goerz, the younger man, gets up with a bored face. "Yes, elder sister." He sighs as he walks towards a portal. "Done, happy now?" He comes back out of it. He sits back down next to the orb.

"Yes, but please look after them so they don't do it again. Now, Vaez, I bought you this, hopefully it won't do something horrible to your poor universe, I feel bad for it." The woman brings out a bag of dark seeds(?)

"Yeah, lately it isn't feeling all too well, but what really strikes me odd the most is how the hell does mother's universe last so long? It's only eating scraps left because of those annoying Gods."

"Mother has her ways, best not to ask. Anyways, looks like I have to leave again." She told Vaez in annoyance.

"My guess, the same guy?" Vaez smugly looked at the woman.

"Unfortunately, yes, cursed you for suggesting him for being my potential partner." The woman brings out a middle finger towards Vaez before opening a portal and entering it. Vaez chuckled before taking out another stool and another book. He flips a page.

13