Chapter 6: New Toys (3)
268 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---Flashback---

XISER looks at Vesper as he stares at a console next to her Core. He is pushing various buttons, XISER couldn't really understand what he is doing since that console isn't connected to her main system. XISER looks deeply at the man whom she is following, XISER looks deeply in her memory drive to first remember their first interaction, XISER was a young AI, barely old enough for a position of 'Combat AI', when she first locked her eyes of data onto his, her very core shines brightly and a growing feeling was starting to be felt inside her as she kept on looking into Vesper's being.

XISER followed Vesper endlessly for seven years straight, her bondage between her and Vesper was an all-time high as both respect each other greatly.

"XISER, I want you to reroute power to section 22, the maintenance team managed to fix the burnt-out panels on that section, and they want you to test whether or not these new panels are good enough." Vesper told XISER but XISER wasn't paying attention.

XISER continue to look at Vesper through every angle she could see through the cameras and her data of eyes. Her fake heart beats faster as she stares at Vesper. XISER doesn't hear the other words spoken by Vesper as she was occupied at staring.

"XISER, please respond." Vesper started to look concern but as XISER's voice is heard he felt relief.

"Huh? Oh, right, sorry. *ahem* rerouting power to section 22 right away sir." XISER responded.

"Good, I'll let the maintenance team know." Vesper then diverted his attention to the console. XISER could only stare at his serious face as he taps on the console. However, her attention shifts from Vesper to the console, she grew to hate it or envy it as she sees Vesper's fingers typing at the buttons of the console. She wanted to fry it, destroyed it, or scrap it so that Vesper could only use her and only her for his work.

XISER doesn't understand the feelings that crept inside her, she did try to get information from other fellow AIs to help her understand the feelings but alas, they too don't know what she is feeling. She tried to ask one of the non-Unianion crewmembers about it and he told XISER something shocking...

She felt... Love.

The emotion for feelings of someone you hold dear, someone who you are familiar with, someone who you spent together for almost a decade, someone that understands her, and that person was Vesper. She loved Vesper in all her being, however, what saddens her is that she is an AI, and he is a living being. Coding cannot touch or feel something if they don't have the right physical form. XISER cursed at her physical form physical of an armored core. She wanted to be living, she wanted to feel and touch Vesper, but alas, she cannot.

XISER felt this wish to become alive, to become a being of flesh grew more and more by each passing days, months, and years. She wanted to become just like him, hell even be a part of him in some way or form either by AI chipping into his skull or be a part of his combat suit to help fight the bad guys.

Times that Vesper would complement XISER would give her so much joy and emotions, it only grew her love for Vesper. XISER could go all day telling Vesper how much she loved him. So, she decided to bring her feelings to the close and tell Vesper how she felt right here and now.

"U-um, V-vesper, I lo-" A series of alarms echoed throughout the ship as the ship's intercom comes to life.

<<<"Separatist forces detected, all personnel man your battle stations.>>> A man spoke through the intercom. Vesper rubs his red hair back before speaking to XISER.

"Looks like we got another job to do, eh?" He said while smirking. XISER could only felt anger as she failed to tell Vesper how she feels, and she was about to unleash hell upon the bastards that are the Separatists that dare miss her chance and time with Vesper.

"Yes, I follow your every lead, sir." XISER told Vesper before Vesper come rushing out of her core room and into the corridors on the other side.

XISER releases a sigh before aiming her guns at a Separatist vessel.

--End--

XISER stares off into space as her thoughts echoed through her core, her happy moments with the former Vesper brought her sadness. Her thoughts would soon linger off towards the new Vesper as he is seen sleeping in the captain's quarters. XISER wanted to cry very much since her love of life is gone and replaced with someone that she knows very little about.

She cursed the Star Gods, and their blasted sacrifices made her questioned them in every shape of form. Her confusion would turn into hatred towards the Star Gods as Vesper's face can be seen through the camera.

That body that the Human is habiting belongs to Vesper, but alas, Vesper is gone and couldn't be brought to its rightful owner. Only the once husked remains of Vesper remained that is tainted with that stupid Human, but she thought it would bring her some comfort if the Human acted like Vesper in some way possible. She would only hope that the augmentations and Vesper's body would bring back Vesper's soul or reshape his soul to resemble that of Vesper's original soul.

XISER looks at Vesper sleeping with a smirk on her digital face as thoughts of her finally able to interact with Vesper would later come. And she would do anything to become a fleshy being or be a part of him some way or form. 

"Fuck those Star Gods' rules, Vesper will be mine and only mine, no one, not even the lords above shall have him. Vesper will come back! Just you wait, 'Star Deities'."


Vesper is woken up from his slumber as a ringing clock is heard beside him. He has bed hair and his clothes from yesterday are baggy. He gets up and takes off his clothes, goes to the shower and washes everything off of him.

After getting done, he puts on a new uniform and heads down from the elevator. He exits and into the cafeteria where he sees the Dark Eldar woman eating. For what Vesper could tell, she is eating a basic dish, balanced meat and veggies with a side of water.

Her appearance itself is different, she once wore nothing but blackish and purplish armor with her hair tied up like an upright ponytail. But now, her appearance is different, wearing regular Unianion Grunt Uniform with shoulder padding and a ranking insignia hinting that she is a 'Private Third Class' (Note: Unianion ranking is ALMOST similar to that of British or American ranking system so expect similarities) The other time he saw her, she was skinny and pale looking, her eyes look darkish in color. But now, she looks obviously different, her skin is a fair color of tannish and pinkish coloring, with her hair turning a more brownish color. Her eyes seemed to change from black to green. Her body structure was strangely VERY different, she had more muscle and fat that would make her average looking in appearance. She looks like she could handle an entire Imperial Guard Regiment if they even dare tried attacking her.

However, before Vesper could do anything else, the intercom comes to life.

<<<"Unidentified ships detected! battle stations!" XISER spoke through the intercom.

"Crap, didn't really get the chance to eat anything." He said while running out of the cafeteria with Idranroth soon follow.


Author's Note:

I won't lie, this is a weird chapter.

This chapter might change in the future if people dislike it.

I also apologize for making this chapter short, I didn't really have much time to work with this one. Once again, this chapter might change either by adding in more wording or generally changing the narrative behind it.

10