Chapter 7: New Toys (4)
189 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note:

I had technical difficulties with my computer, had to buy replacement parts for it and it took a while for it to arrive. (My computer is old, and Intel doesn't support it anymore)

I apologize for the long wait.


"What do we got?" Vesper asked XISER.

"Three ships, one appears to be a cruiser while the other two seems to be frigates. However, what really confused me the most is that they appear nomadic, their ships seemed to be heavily retrofitted and modified. Not to mention the ship designs look crude in nature, the cruiser doesn't even have weapons besides heavy mining and anti-asteroid lasers. Ship designations of the ships are the NFC Spirit of Wisdom, NFC Spitfire, and the NCF Enforcer. The Enforcer seems to be only militarily capable vessel out of the two ships. Probably a savaged ship from some race or faction. Before you asked, no, the Enforcer cannot puncture our shields let alone our hull. Basic weaponry is detected on board such as light gun batteries of lasers and ballistics and a single heavy weapon that appears to be disable." XISER told Vesper, Vesper narrows his eyes on the fleet through the bridge.

"Communications?" He asked the android manning the coms console.

"Nothing yet, their com traffic is hectic, but we managed to get a couple of transmissions of what we presume came from the bridges of those vessels. Weirdly enough, the vessels don't seem to detect us or see us for some odd reason..." The android trails off as he told Vesper about the situation.

"XISER, can you explain?" Vesper asked XISER.

"We aren't cloaked, hell even our reactor gives out strong emissions of radio interferences. I just don't understand why they haven't detected us yet. Unless they sent their scanners to passive, there is no logical way to explain this." XISER gives out a digital strung as she answers.

"Why would they put their scanners to passive?" Vesper asked confusedly. Passive scans are basically movement delectation scans, like heartbeat sensors. They could only detect moving ships and not still ships.

"Dunno, it's either a way to ease up on power consummation or they don't have access to regular sensors and are reliant on passive sensors. A lot of reasons really." XISER answered Vesper.

"Sir, should we attempt to communicate with them?" The coms android asked Vesper.

"Hmm... Let's wait a bit, XISER, scan those ships and report to me when you finish your scans. I'll be in the Training Dojo." Vesper told XISER before turning his back to the elevator.

"Should we tail them?" XISER asked.

He stops and thinks a bit. "Yes, but don't use anything that can give away our position." Vesper answered XISER's question. He leaves for the elevator and the elevator door closes.

"Easier said than done." XISER signed to herself in her core.


<<<In the Dojo>>>

"Hmm, it says 'summoning' on it, so I'm guessing it brings some kind of man into existence." Vesper looks at a blue screen while sitting in a cris cross position.


Skill: Summoning and Army Creation - Allows you to summon Military forces of the Unianions and to create armies based off of the Unianions. This allows you to recruit Xeno races into your army as well.


"Uhh... I guess I should use it?" He taps on the screen before another screen appears.


Summon Points: 50

Choose summon(s):

Tactical Infantryman x20 - Common trooper, part of the Regular Army, Tact Infantry excel in tactics and quick assaults. They are lightly armed and armored force, they are also trained to operate Landships(tanks), armored cars, and vehicles. Costs 10 points.

Star Marine x5 - Strong and durable, the Star Marine is the backbone of the Unianion Forces. They are trained in every aspect of land combat and space warfare. Costs 25 Points.

Surface Ranger x4 - The Surface Ranger is a great recon trooper that is trained to pilot light aircraft and motorbikes. Their marksmanship is unrivaled in the battlefield, they are often mistaken as assassins for their great ability to kill and locate officers. Costs 20 Points.

Enforcer x15 - The Enforcer is the Military Police of the Unianion Forces, they can handle with every aspect such as riots and crime. They are lightly armed but have decent durability, recommended use as a garrison unit. Costs 12 Points.

Technician x15 - Basic operator, repairman, and mechanic, the Technician is the jack of all traits for operating a warship or structure. Costs 10 Points.

Void Pilot x8 - Trained to operate aircraft and spacecraft of various sizes, when in a cockpit, they are a devil incarnate. Costs 15 points.

Ambassador x1 - Classy, strong willed, and remarkably charismatic, the Ambassador is great at his rule. He can be a decent Attache as well. Costs 30 points.

Valkyrie x10 - The Valkyrie, they excel in air assault but also decent as foot soldiers, but be warned, Valkyries are hard to handle. Costs 5 points (Points decrease based on unit(s) personality and behaviors.)

Star Knight x2 - Best in every aspect of warfare, grand protectors/bodyguards, great assassins. The Star Knight is a force to be reckon with as he could trample civilizations in an instant. Their minds are the strongest of all wills, they were brewed and born into the perfect soldier. Costs 1225 points.

Android x5 - Androids are the caretakers of ships or personal helpers, the Androids were more than happen to serve the Unianions. Costs 25 points.

Random Citizen x10 (Locked) - You can create a random Unianion citizen with random characteristics. Costs 10 points (Locked due to not completing the required conditions.)

Custom (Locked) - A custom slot of your choice, you can create a new life form or create your perfect lover. You could do anything with it. Creatures created by you will remain loyal and devoted to you regardless of what you do. Points cost depends on life form.


Vesper looks at the screen and locks his eyes on the Valkyrie. "Valkyrie?" Vesper asked himself. He noticed the warning. Curiosity came into him as he taps on the Valkyrie button. 

Summon Valkyrie(s)? 

Yes / No

Vesper taps yes and a blinding light comes out of nowhere. The light fades and Vesper open his eyes to see multiple women, average builds, average faces, average assets. The women looked around the Dojo before looking at Vesper with smiles on their eyes.

"We humbly thank you for summoning us good sir!"(x10) They bowed, and Vesper could do nothing but look at them with... Disgust? Vesper scratches his cheek because he was confused of his feelings.

"Uhm, I guess you should make yourselves at home." Vesper told the women, but the women just stood there waiting for something. "Oh, uh, dismiss!" He yelled. The women leave with smiles on their faces. One even... Looked at him from behind at his... Vesper ignores the stare and returns his attention to the blue screen once again.

He taps on the Tactical Infantry and press yes. The blinding light returns once again and comes out 20 men in uniform of camouflage. One of them kneels in front of him and speaks. "We humbly thank you for granting us the honor of assisting you in the name of the Republic." The man said.

"No need to thank me, go now, you are dismissed, but do expect me to request you for a meeting, err..."

"Second Class Sergeant Crad Vektor, Member of the Unianion Regular Army." He gets up and salutes. He slams his fist to his chest which is the salute.

"Alright Sergeant, get these men to their quarters, we still have some brothers to summon." Vesper told Crad.

"Right away sir, c'mon boys! Let's get into our bunks before more of our brothers gets here and claim them for their selves!" Crad yelled at the men and a various of 'Naorahs' were heard. Warcry? Vesper doesn't know.

Vesper summoned another group of tact infantrymen. The group was led by Second Class Sergeant Nord Welgard. He had the same response as Crad. Vesper decided to summon technicians to fully staff his ship. The light returns and the technicians were seen as the light fade. Instead of twenty men, it was ten men.

"We thanked you for choosing us for this journey, we will not fail you." A man in a mechanic suit told Vesper.

"Yes, you will not fail me. Now, get into your stations." Vesper quickly told the men and the man in the suit nodded and motioned his group out of the room. Vesper realized he never asked for the man's name. He mentally signed to himself.

Vesper noticed he had five last remaining points left and decided to just summon another Valkyrie group.

"We thank you, my lord for gifting us this chance." A woman walked up to Vesper and seductively looked at Vesper.

"Uhh, great to know, your name?" He asked.

The woman simply smiles and responds. "Neir Victross, Vice Sergeant of the Valkyrie Corps." She said while looking at Vesper up and down. She begun to bite her lip. However, Vesper noticed this and coughed.

"You should get settled in first, you are dismissed." He told the group as he couldn't stand the stares coming from them. They left Vesper alone in the Dojo. Vesper signed as he wonders that is the reason why they are so cheap. Vesper started to have regrets to have bought them.

Vesper flops down on the Dojo mat in exhaustion.

8