Chapter 9: New Friends (2)
163 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A group of people were waiting patiently for the diplomats of a new faction, first contact most be viewed positively between not only to their factions but other species as well. Although the Spirit of Wisdom's Crew is entirely composed of Human Crew with some Eldary irregulars in the mix. One such man is pacing back and forth with hands tied behind his back with a nervous expression. Soon a sound is heard and someone on the intercom calls out. "Dropship docked, prepare to receive diplomats." A woman echoed out of the corridor leading to the docked dropship. Soon the airlock doors open and comes out large creatures. Six men wore black armor and red visors, the facemask looks like a typical gasmask you see in ancient Earth style militaries. The guns were unknown to them, the rifles are clearly bullpup and looked dangerous as the bolters. 

(What the Tactical Infantrymen looks like)

Tactical Infantrymen (Source: Wolf Brigade)

(SIIR-07 Rockser Looks like.)

SIIR-07 (SMR Rifle from Call of Duty)

"Uh, Captain, I think it would be unwise to go hostile against them, just yet at least." A man beside the captain told him.

"I'm well aware. They look dangerous." He sighs and walks towards the group. He notices another man in the group and that man appears to have a different armor set. The helmet's visor glows blue instead of the red color you see on the other men. He held no weapon, but he does have something on his waist, possible sidearm. The captain raises his arm. The man in the different armor raises his hand and shakes the captain's hand. "Captain Norad Smith, welcome aboard on the Spirit of Wisdom." Norad shakes the man's hand.

"Thank you, I am Vesper Norin, Admiral of the Unianion Star Republic Navy, I'm guessing you should know me since I talked to you through communications." He chuckles and pulls back his hand away from the handshake.

(Vesper Norin's Armor Set, CACS-717 Triller Marine Armor - original owner of the art/3d model can ask me to remove it if need be)

CACS-717 Triller Marine Armor

The armor has a tint of white with a mix of black. The visor glows blue, the glow seems calming and safe. Norad snorts and speaks. "Well, we should go into the briefing room, we weren't exactly expecting visitors so do expect some messy hallways here and there." Norad told Vesper while motioning the group to walk with him. The groups walk with him for a total of two minutes, it was awkward to say to least. It was silent. Soon, they reached the briefing room and Vesper sits down on one chair while another man in armor sits down on another, placing his rifle to his side. "So, why are you here so close to Tau Space?" Norad started.

"Well, for starters, we never really knew we were close to their borders. Thankfully didn't accidently bump into their patrols." Vesper answered.

"I see, so, want to discuss treaties? Trades? Alliances? Please ask away." Norad told Vesper.

"Right... We were just hoping a peaceful first contact between the two of our people. Mind me asking, why are you guys here anyways?" Vesper asked while motioning the person next to him for a tablet.

"Well... I guess you should say we are on a mining operation, we come from a much larger fleet of ships, we are mining for materials and fuel for those ships. But for the second reason..." He leads forward before speaking. "We are searching for a lost Imperial colony in this sector. Scanners were being scramble so we were also tasked for this."

"So, mind me asking, why do you want to find this Colony?" Vesper asked.

"Well, they would help us repair our ships and restore some ancient technologies we process. We are hoping they can assist us. But... Before our ancestors lost contact with the colony, a warpstorm came out of nowhere and we weren't sure what was the outcome of the colony, we did detect a signal from this system, a distress signal to be exact. We've basically searched for it for a week straight, every time the signal would get stronger, it gets weaker. It's as if someone is tricking us and wasting our time for it. But we continue onwards." Norad explained.

"Hmph, sorry for your trouble then." The man beside him taps on his shoulder and whispers something to his ear. "We however are able to find this signal of yours in seconds. We believed the reason why you are not finding this signal is because a warp storm is close by, but this storm appears... Different."

Norad grew confused. "How different?" He asked.

"We aren't sure, we just detected it and quickly noticed it different than that of regular warp storms. Let's say it's less active and it looks like a nebula than a storm. It disrupts scans, signals, and possibly navigation. Thankfully we find you guys since you would've been trapped forever in a loop." Vesper answered.

"Holy hell... Then as a thank you, we would like to host you for a feast, it's light since we've been rationing, not really a feast mind you but it keeps the hearts up."

"We humbly accept the invitation. However, we only eat meat, so any plant-based foods are solely for you fine folk." He chuckles before telling the man beside him something. He gets up and the man begins to whisper words on his wrist. "We'll tell the crew that we'll be onboard for a while. In the meantime, let our ship join your small fleet." He says before getting up from his chair.

"Anyways, Admiral, we shall meet again for the next Diplomat meeting. For now, enjoy your stay." Norad said and the group of men bowed and left the room. "Doctor, I want you to plot a course back to the fleet."

"Yes sir, wise choice sir."

"See you in the feast." Norad gets up and leaves the briefing room with the doctor soon followed.

5