Chapter 13
647 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I descended the stairs and found Zane, probably waiting for me.

"You could have told me." I started

"Told you what?" he feigned ignorance

"For someone who prides himself of knowing all those that have been in this orphanage, you're telling me that you did not notice her state?" I glared at him

He sighed "I do not know everything about everybody that has been in this orphanage. You are a living example of that."

I narrowed my eyes.

"However, I did indeed notice her state. You have been pushing her quite hard haven't you."

I did not raise my voice because Nova was sleeping, if not I would have "And why haven't you mentioned it until now?"

"Because, you are her mother." '…He hit me right where it hurts…'

"… You don't really hold back with your words, huh." I made my way to the exit. I grabbed the knob and opened the door.

Before I got out, I heard "She's not like you Craven, look at her for what she is and not what you expect her to be."

"…" There wasn't anything I could say to that, thus I just closed the door behind me.

Outside, I brought my palms to my eyes to block out all the light and took a deep breath. My emotions controlled, I decided to have an aimless walk around the commercial district to distract me from my thoughts.

The commercial district was as lively as it was in the morning. I walked around looking at the different commodities being sold but nothing grabbed my attention, either because of my mood or because I do not have Nova with me.

'As much it pains me to admit, I do not have much interest in the world or its people. All I cared about was to live my life in peace. However, that was up until Nova. When she became my daughter, all that I wished was her happiness and for that I was willing to cross old boundaries I've imposed on myself.'

I stopped on the spot for a moment 'What boundaries? I don't remember anything like that. Is it something that came from Obsidian's Craven? Furthermore, I do care about people, although only the ones I am close to.'

I was being overwhelmed by alien thoughts, hence I started scanning the surrounding area for anything that could drive them away and I found something that cleared them for a moment. It was a shop sign, one that I recognized.

I decided to enter inside the shop. The inside was a mess, there machinery parts everywhere with no apparent organization. 'How nostalgic'

"Welcome! What are you looking to buy?" asked the shopkeeper. Chocolate colored skin and ash colored hair. Smelting goggles on her head and an overall messy appearance.

"I was one of your previous customers and I am really satisfied with your product. When I was wandering around, I saw your sign and that made me want to come in to check what new stuff you might have."

"Oh, a returning customer! I'm sorry, I'm bad with remembering people so I don't know who you are." She apologized 'that is the reason why I like to come over. No need to keep my game master mask on my face. I can just be myself'

"Oh, no need to feel apologetic, I know. It is not the first time we've had this conversation. Although, you might remember something if I tell you that I bought the winged bodysuit from you."

Realization appeared on her face "That I remember! How is that thing?"

"It works really fine, although I have to be careful when to use it."

"Why? I'm pretty sure of its quality."

"That, I have no doubts. However, I'm scared if a winged predator decides to attack me in the air and breaks some component. I'm not able to protect myself while wearing it."

"I understand." She nodded

I clapped my hands "In any case, what new stuff do you have?"

"New stuff?" she thought for a moment "Nothing, really."

"Nothing?"

"Nope. We did come to another world. What you see here, is what I had in my inventory."

That dampened my spirits "Is that so?"

"Yep."

I sighed.

Seeing me depressed, she tried to help me "What were you looking to buy?"

"I don't know… I was looking forward to some new weird inventions you might have built?"

"How rude! My inventions aren't weird!"

"Some of them are. Like I remember that smoothie machine that spewed acid for some reason."

"I did not know mixing those ingredients caused them to become acid!"

"How about the chair that was constantly jumping around for some reason?"

"… It was a vibrating chair…"

"There many more examples, you know. How about the coiling-"

"Stop! I understand! I might have one or two weird inventions but they aren't all weird!"

"I never said that they were all weird though."

"Good!" and that ended the conversation

I coughed "Anyway, I was looking forward to see you finally inventing a robot. That would be very useful to me."

"Me too..." and sighed "On Earth I wanted to build robots however I just became a programmer. While in Obsidian, the materials are way too different that I do not where to start."

"You were a programmer on Earth?"

"Yes, and let me tell you: it was tedious as hell."

"I see. However, because of that you have computer and programming knowledge. Won't that help you build a robot?"

"Like I said, the materials are too different to know where to start. I mean, even if we use storm energy to create electricity, we cannot use it because there is no way to conduct it."

"There isn't?"

"Like-I-said, the materials are different from the ones on Earth. Furthermore, I believe that the basic rules from Earth are different from those of Obsidian. That is why, we can only base inventions after the ones from Earth and not really copy them."

"I see. However, why did you not use Obsidian rules to make robots?"

"Didn't you listen to me!? I don't know the rules! Therefore, I don't know where to start!" she yelled

"I do."

She froze for a second "… You do…?"

"I mean, it is obvious if you know soul creation techniques."

"What's that?"

"Perhaps you know it as [Necromancy]?"

"There is [Necromancy]?" 'How closed in your bubble are you!? I mean I love you like that, but now I'm getting worried'

"Haven't you heard of the Necromancer's wars?" I probed

She thought for a moment and innocently answered "Nope." 'It was an event of the game!'

I calmed my thoughts "Is that so? I thought that you knew because I remember seeing some automates being used by necromancers which I believe came from your store."

She started thinking really hard, then she bumped her fist on her palm with "Ah!" 'What is that anime like reaction…' "I remember I selling some of my failures at creating robots. However, they were not corpses. I don't know how necromancers would use them."

I sighed and responded "Because necromancy in Obsidian is creating a soul inside an inanimate object and making it move according to the necromancer will, if the object allows such movement."

"Wait a second." She raised her head "So what you're saying is that these necromancers came here and bought my failures, right?"

"Yes."

"And they used necromancy to make them move, right?"

"Yes."

She took a deep breath "How!?"

I put my hands to my ears to protect them from the sound. "How, what?"

"How did they do it!?"

"Like I said, they created an artificial soul inside the automates and made them move."

"And how did they move!?"

"The souls are made of the necromancer's energy. Therefore, they could control them."

"That still does not explain it!?"

"I don't know the details but it just does. Maybe it is just like what you said, Obsidian rules are different from those from Earth."

She crumbled and fell to her bottom. She was breathing roughly from all the yelling and soon enough, I started to hear sniffles. 'Eh, she's crying!?'

I tried to do something about it "Come on, don't be sad. It is not that bad." I caressed her back.

She spoke between sniffles "Not that bad!? They did something I could not do for years!"

"Well, not really."

"What?" That brought her attention

"They did not actually created robots."

Hope filled her eyes.

I cleared my throat 'I can't mess this up' "You see, necromancer's have to control their artificial souls to move them."

She looked at me, expecting something more, but seeing me not speaking anymore "… And?"

"And, what?"

"Is there anything else?"

"No, that's it."

"Is that how you console someone!?"

I was taking back by her outburst "I mean, that is exactly the problem necromancer's have."

She calmed down "The problem?"

"They have to control the artificial souls or else they won't move."

"I understood that. Where's the problem?"

I sighed "They have to control every single movement of the raised body. They cannot just order it to move."

She thought for a second "So, you're saying that for a necromancer move a body, they have to control with precise detail their movement. Like for example, the strength and the position of each step to make it move. Am I right until now?"

"Yes, and that makes it creates a really awkward movement. That is why necromancers prefer either simple bodies or hominum shaped bodies to have an easier time controlling them. Most necromancers have up to ten bodies with them because controlling them takes some mental power."

"I understand the simple bodies part, but hominum bodies, they are much more complicated to control than you think."

"They are…?" I thought back to my rusty biology classes "I guess you're right. Why do they work then…? How curious."

"No matter! Moral of the story: [Necromancy] is really inefficient." She said with disgust "Why can't they make the bodies follow simple commands? That is more like puppetry than necromancy."

"There is already a [Puppetry] spell that can move any object with no problem. However, its short range and energy consumption makes it unfavorable. Whereas [Necromancy] only works if you create an artificial soul inside an object and you can command it as long as it has your energy."

"Isn't [Necromancy] really bad then?" she said with triumph

"Depends on the situations. For example, I heard that they are really good with covert operations."

"I can see that. They just send their minions instead of moving themselves. Equip them with cameras and boom! You have a spy minion perfect for gathering information."

"Although, I've never heard of cameras existing in Obsidian." I commented

"There aren't?"

"I don't think so." Hmm, was there anything akin to cameras? I don't think so.'

"Something for later, I guess. Anyway, you said that [Necromancy] would help me achieve my objective?"

"Yes. Necromancers create artificial souls to move inanimate bodies, although they have to keep constant control with them."

"Yes, yes. I heard it before. How would that help me?" she said dismissively

"Simple. Just do the same, however instead of having a necromancer control, have computer-like thing do it for you and with that you have a robot."

"Oh! Not a bad idea! Except I don't know how to build a computer. Although I may have an idea how to do it, but there is also the question of the materials. Do you have any idea?"

"I do not."

She went into deep contemplation "Hah!" she ruffled her hair in frustration "I give up!" and laid down on the floor.

"You do?"

"Only for the computer part, for now. However, I need to test the [Necromancy] first to check if it is what I need. If it is, that is one step closer to my objective!"

She paused.

"What about you?" she asked

"Me?"

"Yes. Why do you want a robot?"

"Because it is useful."

"What kind?"

"A robot maid or something like that." 'Household chores are a pain in the butt to do. Furthermore, I need all the help I can get to take care of Nova and I don't really trust anybody enough with it. Well, except Zane, but he's another story'

The shopkeeper looked at me with wide eyes "… A comrade."

"What?"

She got up from the floor and patted her clothes and looked at me with shining eyes "I understand you perfectly!"

"You do?"

"Yup!" she nodded "Of course when one wants a robot, it has to be a robot maid!"

"Ok." I said in an even voice

"I've got an idea!" she pointed at me "You will help me with the robot!" she looked pleased with herself

"Look, as much I want a robot maid. I cannot help you, because I have no knowledge in robotics."

"Don't worry. Leave the robotics part to me!" she puffed her chest, which was on the smaller size 'Focus, focus' "By following the example of the [Necromancy], you know stuff that I don't. You see, I'm a little of a recluse 'a little, huh…' and I don't have much knowledge unrelated to my interests. However, you do! Therefore, with your help we might find ways to finally have a robot!"

"Ok." I did not know what to do in this situation, therefore I was taken along with the mood

"Good! Now let's discuss our project!"

"Before that, aren't you a shopkeeper? Don't you have customers to attend to?"

"Don't worry. You're the first customer I've had since opening the store!" 'that is not something you say while smiling'

I sighed "Fine, let's do it."

"Nice! Now, do you have any other suggestions?"

"Even if you tell me that, I do not know where to start. I guess it would be better for you to start telling me where you are with it."

"Me, well, I can build a frame easily with my skill with earth energy and my experience with it. The problem until now were the components. With [Necromancy], if it works, we've solved a great problem which was mobility."

"But [Necromancy] only works if the body can move the way you want to. Therefore, the frame should have gears or things like that allow the body to move, like bending your arm or your back."

"Don't worry with that, I've got it covered."

"Oh, right. Before we actually begin, we need to decide what we're going to build."

She tilted her head "What do you mean? We're building a robot maid."

"Yes, but the details. For example, I want the robot to shaped after an hominum, however with its own distinctive marks."

"The hominum part is matter of course. But, what do you mean by marks?"

"I don't want it to be a copy of an hominum race. I want it to be similar to us but at the same time with its own original shape with something that distinguishes it from us, really. Like, I don't know, gears or just lines across its face. This is hard to describe, but did you understand."

"Yes, I know that you mean." She deeply nodded

"Other than that, I want it to be able to do its tasks efficiently. You know, the maid tasks. Oh, I also want it to be strong."

"Of course, no robot maid is a robot maid without being able to do that." She said in all seriousness

"Right… Anyway, that is all for me."

"I agree with all that you've said. Now that we are in agreement, we can start discussing it."

"Indeed, we can."

She cleared her throat "Then you start."

"Eh, me?"

"Yes."

"Ok. What do have as a power source?"

"A high-tier gem should do just fine. Power, here, is not a problem."

"Really, I thought that a robot used a lot of power to sustain its activities."

"If you have anything you want to add to it, just say it."

"Ok. I think that 3 gems would be better."

"3? Why?"

"One for its body, one for its actions and another as an emergency."

"I mean, that is fine by me. But is there a reason why you want that many gems?"

"Hmm, just to be cautious, I guess. If for some reason one breaks there is another that can take its place and the third is to extra careful."

She rubbed her chin "If you say that way, then yes, it will be done. What else?"

"I don't know a lot about robotics so I don't know what to ask… I got one!" I snapped my fingers "You should start researching cameras right away."

"Why?"

"Because, then the robot will not be able to see."

"Oh! Right, the sensors! I forgot about them completely!" she held her head between her hands and dropped to her knees. 'So exaggerated'

"Why are your reactions so anime-like?"

"They are?"

"You never noticed?"

"No one told me. I mean, I watch, I mean watched, a lot of anime, hence I might have picked a thing or two from them."

"Is that so?" I tilted my head

"Maybe. Moreover, didn't you just do an anime reaction too?"

"I did?"

"Yes."

"I also watched anime, although it has been quite some time since I did."

"Really, what was the last anime you watched?"

I was about to answer her but I held myself "We are getting derailed from our original topic."

"Ah, you're right."

"Do you have a chair or something? I don't want to be standing all the time while we discuss."

"Hang on." She went behind the counter and picked up two crates.

I grabbed a crate from her and put it on the ground while she did the same. We sat on the crates.

"Now, where were we…"

"… Ah! The sensors!" said the shopkeeper with another anime-like reaction

"By the way, what is your name? I've been calling you shopkeeper in my head for a while now."

"I'm Yukiria. Nice to meet you." She presented herself with a full smile

"I'm Craven. Nice to meet you too." I replied with a smile of my own

A moment later "We're getting distracted again! The sensors! Let's talk about them." She hit the crate with her hand

"Right… We need to make cameras for the sake of vision. I don't know what to do for the other senses."

"For the taste and smell we can just make a sensor that analyzes the composition of the molecules."

"Ok. Although I can see a problem with that plan."

"Which is?"

"The rules of this world may be the same or closer to Obsidian instead of Earth."

"Right, I almost forgot that we are in another world…"

"I'm sorry for reminding you."

"No problem. I did not have that many roots on Earth. So, it does not bother me that much." She shrugged

"I see. Anyway, for the taste and smell, perhaps we can have the robot use the same process of analyzing as the alchemists spell does." 'So, when alchemists analyze stuff, they use a spell, huh. The more you know'

"So, taste and smell are good."

"Now hearing."

"Sounds are vibrations. I believe that hasn't changed, so we can use kinetic energy backwards to analyze the vibrations in the air."

"And the one we've been avoiding. Sight."

"… Is there light energy?" Yukiria probed

"Never heard of it." 'Although I did create a darkness energy that is not really darkness'

She laid her head on her hands and made thinking sounds.

I also thought how to tackle this dilemma while tapping my chin 'Is there even light in this world? If not, how do we see? If yes, where does it came from? Energy?' "What if…"

"Hm." Yukiria hummed

"I was thinking: what if we made the robot able to see energy instead of light?"

"Energy?"

"Yes. Have you heard that everything has soul in the world?"

"…I may have heard something like that. Yeah. However, that was in Obsidian, does this one counts?"

I shrugged "If there is energy here, I'm willing to bet it is like Obsidian. If it isn't, I don't know what to say to you."

"However, we are able to see because our eyes capture light. How would our robot see? Furthermore, does energy radiates even outside one's body?"

"… I did not think about that… I was thinking more in the lines that all energies have a glow, so perhaps…" I answered uncertainly

"There is nothing wrong with trying something. If it works, good. If it doesn't, then that's too bad." She shrugged 'Isn't that a mad scientist mentality?'

"Ok. But how to do it?"

"We'll use gems." She stated as a matter of fact

"Gems."

"Yes. Sensitive gems that are able to catch smalls quantities of energy in the air, they'll be absorbed and analyzed by the brain/computer part, but we'll deal with that later."

I raised my hand "Is it okay for the robot to absorb that many different types of energy?"

She thought for a moment "Probably not. Then we'll have to make the energy caught by the gems analyzed, then thrown outside of its body."

"In that case, we can have the eyes be two-layered. The first layer will absorb the light, whereas the second will expel it."

"Can't we do it with just a single gem?"

"No, because that would cause a paradox. The gem would absorb and release its energy only to be absorbed again."

"Are you an expert on gems?"

"I do enchanting. Mostly combat focused."

She smiled "That's good! Then, I'll the eyes to you." 'I should have expected…'

"Wait, first of all, I do not know how to make a sensitive gem."

"You'll have to figure it out."

"I see…" I sighed

"I'll start with the hearing."

"For the hearing, you're going to use kinetic energy, aren't you?"

"Yes."

"Does that mean that the robot will be kinetic attuned?"

She thought for a second "Not really. The robot only needs kinetic energy for its hearing, that does not mean I should just make it all kinetic. It would increase the energy consumption all around for stuff other than kinetic energy itself. Furthermore, I want to use other types of energy for the body."

"Why does the cost increase? I would understand if the speed decreased, not the cost."

"You don't know?"

"No."

She puffed her chest with pride "Then, allow me to tell you. It is really subtle, but when you transform energy into another type a small quantity is lost during the transformation."

"It is?"

"Yes."

"I never knew that." She puffed her chest even more when she heard me 'somehow that annoys me'

I cleared my throat "In any case, I can make you prototype eyes, however, I won't promise you that they'll work."

"That is good enough for me."

Something crossed my mind "What about voice for the robot?"

"That is something we'll need to think about it later when we get a way to make a brain/computer that can analyze language."

"Do you think that the alchemists analyzing spell will work with sensors?"

She thought about it for a moment "I don't know. I mean, it is worth a try… Although, I never bothered to learn the spell."

"Neither did I…"

"Then, we'll need to ask an alchemist to teach us the spell." She got from the crate and was heading towards the door.

"Now!?"

"Yes. What better time to start than now?"

I got up from my crate to follow Yukiria while saying "I can't say anything back to that. Shall we go?"

She opened the door and grumbled while squinting her eyes "I hate the sun."

"Are you a vampire?" I jokingly asked

She shrugged "Kind of. I'm not really an outdoors's person. Anyway, enough talk. Let's move."

"Where?"

"To an alchemist' store!"

We used the road of opposite direction of the mountain. I started seeing other types of stores. If the area I was before was the Local area, then this was the Crafter area and, by following this reasoning, the Vanguard area must be further away. It's understandable that the shops have been classified this way. Because of the noise and danger of the Crafter and Vanguard oriented stores, they have been put farther away from the center of the town.

"Hey, Yukiria."

"Yes?"

"Do you know why food stores haven't opened yet?"

"Not really. However, I've heard some rumors of them being hired to make the food for the celebration of the town construction."

"Is that so?"

"I really have no idea." She shrugged "By the way, do you know any alchemist personally?"

"You mean one that won't mind teaching us the spell? No. I've never bothered with alchemists."

The general population of alchemists creates potions with a variety of effects and materials from various ingredients. I've never bothered with them unless they had something that caught my eye. Their potions give different, limited effects that are akin to my own spells like, for example, increased strength or increased energy pool and regeneration but my own body constitution does that already. If I wanted more energy I could always use [Nodes]. The materials they create are more Crafter oriented, so I did not really care about that.

"I felt that you were a Vanguard, therefore I thought that you might know an alchemist or two."

"I am more or less a Vanguard but at the same time not." 'Game master, after all'

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what I said."

She gave a weird look but did not pursuit her question

"What about you?" I asked "Do you know an alchemist?"

"That is why I was asking you. I don’t have any."

"You don't? I thought that you might since their materials may interest you."

"I do buy the materials from them and that is the limit of our relationship. I've never bothered to actually have a contact with one."

"It is too bad that we cannot learn the spell from the library." I grumbled

"Wait? There is a library in town?" 'Didn't I have a similar reaction?'

"Yes. Do you know the place named "Palace of learning"? It is there."

"I see. And you said that we can learn the spell from there?"

"No, I said the opposite. The library is empty of books at this moment, therefore we cannot."

Our conversation stopped there. We kept walking down the street and finally we ended up in front of an alchemist store.

"So, how do you want to do this?" asked Yukiria

"What do you mean? We just ask the alchemist if he or she can teach us the spell. If not, we'll just go to another."

"Right…" 'Is she worried?'

I entered the store with Yukiria following me. We approached the counter where the alchemist 'hopefully, she's not just an employee' was placing her commodities. She noticed our presence and said with a professional smile.

"Welcome! What can I get you?"

I responded "Hello. We wanted to know if you can teach us the spell you use to analyze stuff."

"The [Inspect] spell? Yes, I can teach you, however-"

I cut her off "-Don't worry, we'll pay for your time."

She thought for a moment "Okay. It will be 100 crystals." 'Cheap, but it is a basic spell, therefore it is reasonable'

I wanted the robot, so I was willing to pay for it "We'll pay half now and half when we are done." I took my crystal and touched hers while willing 50 crystals go into hers.

This is how the currency in Obsidian is. Crystals are energy mixed in a way only known to banks. They can only be hold in a specific type of gem, again its creation is only known by the banks, and the number of crystals that can be hold inside depends on the gem. When there is an exchange of money, the gems need to touch each other and the party giving the crystals needs to will them into the other gem while the receiver will be able to count how many crystals have been given.

For reference, 5 crystals should be enough to buy a simple loaf of bread.

"That's fine by me." She cleared her throat "[Inspect] is a life-based skill in which the user sends waves of life energy through the subject the user wishes to analyze."

"I don't get it. How is that analyzing it?" asked Yukoira, I was also at a loss so I listened closely

"Analyzing is always made through a point of reference. In this case the analysis is made with our body being the reference. Although, nobody will actually test with one's body that is why we send the life energy in our stead."

"I see." Yukiria quickly understood, unlike me "Then you just watch the changes that happen with the life energy to understand what effect may the subject have." 'Oh! That's smart. A safe way to test if stuff without requiring test subjects or anything like that.'

"How accurate is it?" I asked

"That depends." She shrugged "There are a lot of variables: the quantity of energy you send, the type of the thing you wish to analyze, the reaction of the life energy, etc... You need to take into account multiple details to determine the effect of something."

"In the end it is experience that will determine the answer of [Inspect]." I grumbled. Yukiria had an odd face.

"That is one way of putting." The alchemist nodded approvingly

"I see." I grabbed my crystal and touched hers to end the transaction.

"Thank you for your patronage." Said alchemist with a smile

I played with the crystal gem on my hand while thinking. In the end I said "Can you give us a multitude of various materials for analysis training. Various types, please."

Her smiled widened "But of course!" She took some materials from her inventory, then went around the store to gather others before putting on the counter. "They are rather cheap materials but with a large range of effects. All together comes to 350 crystals." 'More expensive than the spell itself…'

"I'll take it." I ignore my greedy heart. I touched her crystal once more "By the way, do you have any kind of material akin to rubber or silicone?"

She and Yukiria looked at me with a weird look. The alchemist responded to my question nonetheless "I believe I may have something for your… needs." She went inside a storeroom 'I think' and came back five minutes later with a potion in which inside there is a silver liquid.

Noticing my confusion, the alchemist explained "This is a bottle of liquid cushion."

"Cushion?" I parroted

"Yes. It has a bizarre name, but it is just like its name, by feeding life force into the liquid, it will expand into a cushion. It was developed to cushion unintended falls and in rare cases it has also been used for training dolls because of their hominum like softness depending on the energy it holds."

"That's perfect." I turned to Yukiria and asked "What do you think?"

"About what? You mean that stuff? You can do whatever you want. I won't judge you." She said with a side glance at the bottle

"I have no idea of what you are talking about… No, I meant to use that as skin for the robot." I pointed to the bottle

"Oh. Oooh!" Recognition flashed through her face "I don't know. It's not a bad idea, though." She faced the alchemist "How long can the whatchamacallit last? How strong and soft is it?"

The alchemist seemed to be taken back by the sudden interest of Yukiria "Depending on the amount of life force running through it, it can be very soft to extremely hard. If it has no life energy, it'll turn into liquid and evaporate since it is an unnatural creation. The only way to keep its existence while in liquid stated is by keeping it closed inside of the bottle, that way the slight energy it currently has won't dissipate."

"Can you change its shape or it will be a fixed shape?"

"It is liquid with weak energy running through it. Therefore, like gems, it is possible to shape it. Although, for the same reason it will be more difficult for it to have a specific shape."

"How much is it?"

"500 crystals." 'that's even more expensive than the mass of materials from earlier'

"That is pricey." Yukiria grumbled

The alchemist shrugged "It is an emergency potion. Its materials are expensive and its creation hard, but there is no price for life, right?" she said with a smile

Yukiria took her crystal "We'll take three bottles."

"Thank you kindly." Responded the alchemist while storing her crystal gem inside her inventory

Yukiria put the bottles in hers and made her way to the exit with me following her.

"Oh, right! Be careful with those bottles, they were made for throwing!"

I waved at the alchemist before exiting.

The sky outside was turning orange, indicating that nightfall was close.

"I will meet you tomorrow." I said to Yukiria

"What? Why?"

"It's almost nighttime."

"Ah, is that so." She looked at the sky "Do you have a place to stay?"

"Not yet."

"So, you sleep in the woods… Ok, tonight you'll sleep at my place."

"That's okay, I'll just-"

"-It's fine, I tell you. Let's go." I was cut off by Yukiria. She grabbed my hand and pulled me with her.

"Then, thank you for your consideration."

She looked at me and said with a full smile "You're welcome."

Hello, everyone. I hope you all have been well. I, myself, have been feeling weird (getting better though).

In other news, I have been losing the touch for writing. Not the creative part, though. It is the part of sitting behind a computer and just put it into words (the gaming season is also not helping with it). However, I promise that I will not leave the novel in a cliffhanger and that I will at least finish the Dawnbreaker arc which, at this rate, may last until chapters 30s or possibly 40s.

Anyway, as you might have noticed, this story is one focused on concepts I find interesting. So, I thought it would be really cool if I could add your ideas into the story, thus changing your position from a receiver of chapters to actual actors. Which, in respective, will bring you more interest on the story.

The idea can anything really: political strife; spell; religion; character; countries; culture; organization; species/race; or just a name. Just leave it in the comments, then I will first check if it doesn't break the balance of the story and ask for more information from you, if needed. After that, whether or not it will be in the story will be up to me, thus the element of surprise from not knowing what will happen next will persist.

Too much to ask, then what about this:

Question: "If the robot mentioned in this chapter actually works, what will its name be?"

Or

Question that has been plaguing my mind: "You've heard about composite/combined elements, if life and air are combined, what kind of element is born?"

32