Chapter 16
457 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The pool may have been pointless from your perspective, but it was necessary to me. The chapters that I am bout to post have been revised multiple times, thus my confidence in them is nul. Therefore, the pool was just the push I needed to actually do it.

By the way, I have no knowledge of some of the topics you are about to read. So do bear with me, please.

I separated from Yukiria after grabbing my portion of food. I left annoying thoughts behind and quickly made my way to look for my inscription gear. Thankfully, it was still there. What I did not expect, however, is the presence of Evelyn, the mayor's secretary.

When she heard me, she turned her head to be facing me "Good afternoon."

"Good afternoon, to you too. May I ask you the reason of your presence here?" I replied

"Can I not be here?" she said with a hurt expression

"Would you kindly not twist my words?"

She chuckled "Just having a little fun." Her expression became more somber "After all that work, can I not have a fun moment?" she ended with an emotionless face 'Wow, that is scary.'

"Of course, you can." I quickly agreed

Her face returned to normal "Then, it is good. Let's have the meal together. I have something to discuss with you."

"Ok." 'There goes my peaceful lunch'

I created seats for me and Evelyn in opposite sides of my enchanting table 'I have mixed feelings for using it to eat lunch.'. We sat, took our meals from our respective inventories.

"That's odd." I thought out loud

"What is?"

"I was in the line when the inn just opened but I don't remember seeing you in the line."

"Special privileges."

"Right…" 'That makes sense'

We started eating. While the way I ate was pretty normal, Evelyn gave a feeling of… elegance, somehow. It was rather odd to me considering she is "that" mayor's secretary.

I finished what I had in my mouth and asked "So, what is that you want to talk about?"

She cleaned her mouth with a napkin she took out of her inventory and put a [Silent World] around us "First, there is this." She passed me a paper.

I glanced over it and found it was the building permit that I needed just a couple hours ago "Thank you." I responded while holding feelings of vexation inside of me.

"You're welcome."

"Although, I believe you did not come here personally just for that. Right?"

"Indeed. I will cut the pleasantries and ask you straight." She looked at me straight in the eyes "Can you lend us money?"

"You cut too much. I do not understand why you've come here to ask me for money."

"Simple put: Most of the town's money, from everybody alike, is in Obsidian."

"So, you're saying that we are broke."

"No. We have enough to start but not enough to thrive."

"Which means?"

"We cannot do investments. More specifically, we want to create a few mines to supply us with much needed metal and restart the economy."

"I see." 'The wellbeing of the town is, in a way, my wellbeing' "How much do you need?"

"Just enough for the mines. We've confirmed the presence of metal. Now, we only need to mine it. With the mines, jobs will be created, salaries will be given and consequentially the economy will thrive."

'How expensive are mines, though? I am willing to lend them money, but how much? I do not know. Furthermore, I want to be able to pay for my house and I don't know the price of that? For now, I should lend a small percentage of my money.'

"How does 200 million crystals sound?"

When she heard me, Evelyn quickly got up from her seat and fervently replied, "It is more than enough!" she realized her mistake and lightly coughed while slightly blushing "I'm sorry for my outburst."

I chuckled "It's fine. Thanks to it, I was able to see the cute side of the normally serious Evelyn."

"Oh my. Are you trying to woo me?"

"Who knows? Anyway, if I am lending you my money, can I expect some form of interest?" 'I will not just lend it, you know'

She thought about it "That is fine by us, only if you don't use the money you loaned as a way to manipulate the economy."

"I'm fine with it." 'Not that I care about gaining that kind of power'

"Then, let's make this a contract." She took out an empty paper from her inventory and started writing on it with an astounding speed. When she was done, she gave me the paper with a pen and said "Sign at the bottom, if you agree with the terms."

I scanned the text and noticed that nothing that would inconvenience me, therefore I signed and gave it back to her. She also signed, then she grabbed two corners of the contract and pulled. As a result, two identical contracts were created.

"One for each." She said while she gave a contract which I promptly put it in my inventory.

"Now. How should we do the transaction? I can just give it to you right here."

"Please don't jest with that 'I wasn't, though'. We'll do it inside the bank. There we will be able to quickly put it into one of the town's account for later use and make a proper contract."

"When do you want to do it?"

"Is it with you okay to do it now?"

'It seems that Yukiria will have to wait a while more' "Yes. Shall we go?"

Evelyn got up from her seat and cancelled [Silent World]. I, in other hand, saved my inscription gear inside my inventory and then started following her.

"Craven." Evelyn said, while we were walking to our destination

"What is it?"

"There was something else I wanted to discuss with you."

"Go ahead."

She deliberated "It is hard to ask this of you after helping me-"

I cut her off "It is just words. There is no problem with talking."

"Thanks." She cleared her throat "I want you to go on a mission."

"What kind?"

"An expedition. To look for the other towns." She stopped there and waited for my reaction

"… When?" 'This will be a hard decision. I have quite a bit of stuff to take care of. But at the same time, if I can help, I will do it.'

"That depends. Our big goal is to recreate the teleportation network." 'Is it okay to say this out loud? I mean, I know that someone with two brain cells will not oppose this decision, but there are always those with a single brain cell.'

"Is that why you want to stimulate the economy? For the materials?"

"And the research."

"Research?"

"Yes. Even if we have enough known materials for the first teleportation module, the others will have to be made with this world's materials."

"Right…" 'Sometimes life seems so normal that I forget that I am in another world'

"The reason why we want you to do it is because of the size of your inventory and your speed."

"So, you want to me to transport the materials for the module to other towns?"

"Yes."

"I am not opposed to do it. However, just to inform you, I won't be able to do it at the present time."

"That is okay. We won't ask for the impossible. Furthermore, we aren't also ready. There is still a lot to do." She sighed with fatigue after her last sentence

"Are you being overworked?"

"Pretty much. Specially since that mayor isn't doing his." She spoke with venom

"What is he doing?"

"How should I know? He's probably gawking at workers hefting heavy materials."

"…" 'How should I respond to that?'

"But let's not talk about him."

"Okay…"

The topic ended there.

"Anyway." She chuckled "I did not expect you to grant your help that easily. It made all my preparations kind of worthless."

I shrugged "If it is for some kind of stupid conflict, I will be the first one to say that I won't have anything to do with it. This, however, is different. If I can help, I will help. Specially since it concerns me."

"It does?"

I nodded "I have friends and acquaintances out there and if I don't do anything, it will hurt my conscience."

"Wait." She raised an eyebrow "Your conscience?"

"Yup."

"Not their well-being."

"Nope."

"You're doing this because it will hurt your conscience?"

"That is what I said." I smiled

She shook her head exasperated "I do not know if I should call you selfish or selfless…"

I laughed and said "In the first place, I am not that worried for their well-being. They can take care of themselves, like we can."

"That is indeed true." She chuckled "I did not expect you to be this easy to talk to."

"It is not the first time I hear that from people."

I've always had this cold personality when I meet someone for the first time. After spending some with them, I will warm up. That is, if they aren't complete assholes. Furthermore, I enjoy hanging out with people from time to time, not computer programs with limited dialogue.

"We should go out for drinks sometimes. That is, when the bars are open."

"Sorry, I can't."

"Why?" She looked disheartened when she heard my reply. At least her scaly tail did. Her expression did not change.

"Because I don't like the taste of alcohol."

"Oh!" her spirits went back up and her tail with it 'It is just a small movement, but I can still see it. This woman is really cute' "Me neither."

"No way." I shook my hand "I've seen you down bottle after bottle in a bar at night."

"I only drink to drown my worries."

"That isn't a really healthy way to forget your worries."

Evelyn shrugged "If you have a better idea, do tell me."

"You could always spend the night with someone you like, you know."

"And who might that be?" she did a side glance at me

"Hmm~. What about me? I do enjoy being with you." I said with a smile

She kept walking with a seemingly cool expression, but her tail was moving more errantly than earlier "… Are you trying to court me?" she ended up asking

'No. I was being genuine.' "Who knows~." but because I loved to see her reactions, I ended up replying with a mysterious smile.

She stopped walking and turned to me "I am sorry, but I don't think I am interested in you in that way."

I wasn't expecting such a serious answer "Don't mind. In the first place, I was talking about just passing time with a friend or something and only that." I honestly said

Her facial expression finally changed and a blush made its appearance "Is- Is that so…"

"Yup." I nodded "Although I did not expect you to be so serious and misunderstand my feelings."

"Did I not ask the purpose of your words?" 'Ah, the court question'

"Because you were so serious about it, I could not help but want to mess with you." 'Really. My personality was not like this before. I mean, I still liked to mess with people, but not to this extent.'

"I would prefer if you did not mess with my feelings." Said Evelyn flatly

I shrugged "Hey, my proposal still stands."

"Did you not say I should spend time with my friends?"

"I did."

"But you're not my friend." She coldly stated

"That's too bad. Because you are mine." I innocently replied "If you want go out with me sometimes, I am here." I tapped my chest

She sighed and gave up retorting "Anyway, we've been staying in front of the bank for a while. Let's get inside." She turned around to enter inside the bank.

"Well." I shrugged "At least a part of you is more honest~."

"What are you talking about?" she grumbled

"Secret~." I laughed internally

We got inside the bank. Evelyn continued walking to the counter and asked the receptionist "We want to make an important transaction. Therefore, we need a notary."

"Of course, Ma'am. Please go to my colleague at my far right who will be able to help you."

We followed the receptionist directions and went to her colleague.

"Good afternoon. How may I help you?"

"We need a notary to make an important transaction."

"Certainly. Please follow me."

We complied. We went up a floor and entered an empty meeting room.

"I will call a notary."

"Thank you." replied Evelyn

The bank employee slightly bowed with his hand in front of his chest and exited the room. Evelyn took a chair and sat. I did the same opposite of her.

I rested my head in my hand and just looked at Evelyn and she looked back.

I minute after I started Evelyn asked "What are you doing?"

'Nothing really' But because I was bored, I decided to mess with her "Checking how beautiful you are~."

"What!?" the effect was stronger than I expected and her face turned red

"What is that reaction? Were you never praised before?" I curiously asked

She cleared her throat "I am just saying this, just in case, but I am not attracted to women."

"I don't mind. I just want to see a beautiful woman having cute reactions~."

This time she was able to handle it better than before, however, her blush increased its presence "Would you kindly stop tease me?"

"Hmm~." I agonized with the answer and settled it with a "No."

She massaged her forehead "Your image is breaking…"

"What image?" I tilted my head

"I always thought of you as a cold and smart woman who can see right from wrong." Evelyn wearily responded 'Is that how I look to other people?'

"Well, appearances can be misunderstood. Now that you have seen the real me. What do you think?"

"… It is… unexpected…"

"But not hateful."

"Humph." She huffed in response.

I chuckled at her reaction. I heard steps approaching "Well, we'll leave it here." I changed my demeanor and straightened my posture "Let's talk business."

Evelyn reacted to my personality swap and returned to her professional attitude.

A moment later the door opened. "Please excuse me for making you wait." 'The notary, I imagine'

"It was no problem." I started with pleasantries

"Well, then. It is from my knowledge that you want to make an important transaction. Is that correct?"

"It is." Evelyn responded and took out the contract from her inventory. I copied her and did the same.

He scanned the contents and declared "I see that you've already written the contracts already. However, the amount is missing from them."

"We want you to rewrite a new contract."

"Of course. Will it have the same exact conditions written here or do you wish to add or change anything?"

"Exactly how it is written there."

"Please wait a moment while I write the new contract."

Although he said a moment, he wrote so fast that it was over in a minute yet the contents were beautifully drawn while being clear and precise.

"According to the contract. Miss Craven will lend a sum of money to Miss Evelyn as a representative of Dawn Breaker government. Miss Craven, I believe you currently do not have a bank account." 'Why does he know that from the top of his head?'

"That is correct."

"Then, can you present the crystals?"

"Of course."

I took out 200 gems from my inventory. Each of them equals to 1 million crystals.

"I heard rumors about your wealth 'So that's why you came to me'. However, it just baffles me to think you walk with it inside your inventory." Commented Evelyn

"I have no fear from thieves. I more or less understand their ways, thus I have countermeasures against them."

"Is that so. Well, I'm not complaining since it I'm benefiting from it."

"Excuse me." The notary called our attention "I've finished counting them and there are precisely 200 million crystals. What will be the interest rate of the reimbursement?"

"The interest." I started "I'm thinking of a yearly reimbursement of around 5%."

"That is fine with me." Evelyn nodded "Rather, it is quite generous of you for not asking for much more."

"My objective is not to make money." 'I just don't want to lend money with no strings attached'

"I see."

The notary cleared his throat "If you are fine with the terms, please sign at the bottom of the contract with your full names."

Evelyn signed first, then she passed it to me and I signed in return. My full name is very unimaginative. It is Craven Ethereum and it came to be just because it sounded cool to me at the time. The notary took the contract back and one became three.

"One copy for each party and one for the bank to act as witness." The notary then grabbed the old contracts, put them on top of a stone tablet, pointed at them with a wand and destroyed them with corruption. The special contract paper being organic based did not leave any trace left.

I got up from my seat "I guess with that we are done."

"Indeed."

"Evelyn, don't forget to come to me when the module is done."

"That is a matter of course."

I exited the meeting room and made my way to the exit. Outside, the sky was still blue. Informing me that I still had time for the eyes. I quickly went to the usual place and set down my inscription gear.

I took out Yukiria's eye and measured its dimensions. With the dark gem out, I carefully fed it and manipulated the energy to smooth out its corners. Since it would be the pupil, I compared the size of the gem with the camera of the eye and was satisfied with its size.

I grabbed an inscribing pen and started drawing pathways on the gem. Making one end absorbing energy and the other releasing it.

I thought about it for a moment and decided to destroy the pathways, since the energy spewed would get in the way of putting an outer gem.

With the dark gem back to its previous form, I grabbed an empty gem and started shaping it as an egg shell that should be around the same size as the artificial eye. I put the dark gem in the middle of it and elongated it, to be shaped as a cone with ridges, until it hit the other one 'the gem is getting clearer with all this energy feeding'. While holding the dark gem still, I filled the empty space by growing the outer gem. With that, the eye was more or less complete.

It was turning dark because the inner gem was absorbing the energy from the outer one. I took the inscribing pen and feed it with soul energy to start drawing the pathways. An inscribing pen helps with precision drawing and it increases the reach of energy. That's why even though I could only physically use the pen on the outer shell, I was able to send my soul energy further inside. The problem with this is that I had to more or less guess where to draw.

I made pathways on the inner gem so that all the energy would flow to the tip of the cone. I also made a temporary way out for the energy on the back of the eye so that it would not make the outer gem grow. I have drawn pathways around the outer gem that would make the energy received from the inner gem be guided outside while leaving a dead zone surrounding it so that it would not be reabsorbed.

Now, I could actually say that the eye was complete. From the front, there was a big dark "pupil", surrounded by a thin cloudy dark transparent "iris" and finally the white "sclera". While from the back it was the opposite.

'I need to make two of these, don't I…?'

I sighed, psyched myself and got to work.

.

.

When I was done, the sky informed me of imminent nightfall. I had the two eyes and I needed to give them to Yukiria.

I got up from my seat and stretched my stiffened back from being seated for hours. I saved my stuff inside my inventory and made my way to Yukiria's shop.

Once I was there, I opened the door and entered.

"A customer? Sorry I am closing the shop for today?"

I ignored her and said "I've got the eyes."

"Finally! I've been waiting for it since forever!" 'Like a switch'

"Sorry about that. There was a lot of stuff to take care of."

"No matter. Quick show me!" Yukiria's excitement went through the roof when I gave her the eyes. "They're weird but cool at the same time… I like them!"

"That's good." I said while I put back her prototype on the counter

"I imagine that the odd side is the one that will be connected to the processor..." Yukiria turned silent for a moment "And, if you make life energy go through it, its properties change. Meaning that we can use them!"

She then opened the door to her workshop and I started to hearing sounds of metal clanking from being moved.

"You come here too!" I heard her say

"Coming!" I entered her workshop. 'How to describe it?' It was a workshop filled with tools with pieces of metal with myriads shapes that I could not guess the purpose of. What caught my eye though, was the metal body on top of a table. It looked like a skinless corpse, only made of metal, with its torso open.

"Are those… muscles?"

"Hm? Oh, yes. You see, pistons aren't that good in my opinion, so a couple years back I tried to make artificial muscles. They don't have as much strength as pistons, but they give much more range of action. Furthermore, it gives the robot a more hominum feeling." She said while searching for something

"And you just had them in your inventory?" I asked dubiously

"Everything you see here came from my inventory."

"How big is your inventory to have this much stuff inside? Wait, that was disrespectful of me. You don't have to answer that."

"No big deal. It is simple, really. I'm a Crafter, not a Vanguard like you. Therefore, I don't have to safe space in my inventory for provisions, equipment, consumables and all the crap you guys need to prepare before venturing out into the wild. Hell, I feel that I could count the number of times I left the town since I have been pretty much holed up doing my thing."

"Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying that."

"No problem. Now where did I put it…? Ah! Here it is." She took out a thick cable and gave it to me along the eye with a "Here."

"What do you want me to do?"

She grabbed the same materials "This is a… metal cable…?" she said uncertainly

"Why the pause?"

"It is a material from this world, so I don't remember the name it was given." she shrugged "Either way it works. You've done inscriptions on weapons before, right?"

I nodded.

"It is basically the same. Except you will use the cable as a medium for it and make a connection to the eye. No two connections, one for the exit of [Inspect] and one for the entry."

"Is there a need for two?"

"Have you tried [Inspect] yet?"

"No, not really."

"Well, TLDR you have pay attention on the life energy to understand the changes and it takes time. My solution to that, is to make the changed life force be directly sent to the processor for analysis."

"Won't the changed life force be a problem?"

"Not really. When [Inspect] is used, it only does minimal changes to your life energy. You can still take it inside your body. That is unless the changes are more significant."

"How do you know that?"

"I experimented it on myself."

"…"

"…"

'Let's just ignore that' "Ok. How long should I make the cables?"

"Around 30 centimeters. We can always cut them if they are too long. I'll also do it so that we can finish this today."

"I'm okay with it." I scanned the workshop and picked a corner where it should not constrain me while I work. I sat on a wood box. I took a knife out of my inventory, circulated my soul energy inside and used it to cut two pieces of the cable 'they should be around 30 centimeters'. I took out an empty gem from my inventory.

"Ah, crap!" I heard Yukiria exclaim

"What is it?"

"My stock of gems is out! Do you have a gem you can give me?"

"Here you go." I said while throwing a gem at her

"Thanks!"

'Now, where was I…? Since it will be a life energy cable, I need to use life energy.'

I took out a gem infusing pen out of my inventory. It was a pen with a sphere on its end. I opened the sphere and put the gem inside, then I closed it. I feed life energy into the pen. I put a cable on top of another crate and slid the pen across its length. While I doing that, the gem inside the pen was being stretched into a thin line then it would be sent inside the cable.

This is how item inscription works. By sending a gem directly inside an item and creating pathways with it.

I stopped and looked at the eye and though how to make the pathways to connect the cables and the eye. Obviously, it needed to be at the end of the cone, however, the pathways would need to avoid the others.

'This is a problem. I made pathways all over for the sake of making the energy released uniform and not just make a single stop bright while the rest dark.'

"Hey, you… What's your name, again?"

"Craven." 'I believe I told you my name before though'

"Right, Craven…" She tilted her head "I think I heard that name somewhere, but I don't know where…"

"You may have heard my name somewhere."

She shook her head "Anyways, I need another gem."

"Here." I threw another gem

"Thank you!"

"You're welcome."

I returned my attention back to my own work. First of all, I cut a tip of each cable into four equal pieces. By circulating my soul energy as a saw inside the dagger, the cuts were clean. I used the infusing pen to adjust the gem. I checked if the gem was not broken by sending life energy through it. Then I twirled the cables together, making sure that the eight tips alternated between each cable.

I linked the eye with the tips of the cables. I double checked the position of the tips and when I was satisfied, I really carefully grew the eye gem so that it enveloped the tips. I kept growing it until it reached the tips origins, the cables.

With my inscribing pen, I carefully made four pathways that crossed the cone. Every tunnel is an [Inspect].

I looked at the end result and felt satisfied by it.

'I may have exaggerated with the tips but now it really looks like an eyeball'

"Here." I heard a voice beside me and hand with an eye gem and cables. "Seeing your work. You will be able to make it better than me." Said Yukiria while I took them

I gave mine to her "Here's this one. Are you happy with it?"

She glanced over it "I see no problem with the pathways. However, is there a need to four [Inspects]?"

"Probably not. I wanted the cables to be fused with the eye, thus that was my solution for the problem."

"That does not explain the four tunnels."

"OCD."

"Ah. I get it." She said with a deep nod "My OCD is also acting up and I can't let these two cables be separated. I will quickly weld them together."

"Okay. While you do that, I will work with these."

I regained my work focus and started working. It was a basically a repeat from before, but faster because I knew what I needed to do: cut the tips, adjust the gem, twirl the cables, fuse it with the eye and create pathways.

When I was done, I got up and stretched my stiff body 'I'm feeling tired'. I looked over to where Yukiria should be.

"You're done?" she asked

"Yup, and you?"

"It only took a quick minute to do it." She dangled the eye playfully

"I don't smell metal burned. Did you use earth energy?"

"Yes."

Earth is easy to manipulate, tempered metal, not so much.

"You're pretty good."

"Huhuhu." She puffed her chest "You can praise me more, you know!"

"Yeah, yeah. Here's another one."

She took it and like she said, she was able to finish around in a minute or two. The cables, rather than welded, they were fused together.

"All done!" she exclaimed

"Good. I'm tired, so I'll go take a nap. Sorry, but can I sleep here once more?" 'I feel that I will become a freeloader'

"Yes, you can go on ahead. I'll stay up for a little longer." She turned to the body on the table and started opening the skull 'probably to connect the eyes'

"Like you did yesterday?"

"Yes."

Hearing her affirmation, I approached her and picked her up princess style. I was rather small in height, probably below average for women, while Yukiria was a little bigger than me. Although, I believed I could just use my natural strength to keep us balanced, I still used [Soul hold] to glue my feet to the ground just in case.

"What are you doing?" she calmly asked

"I'm taking you to bed." I did as I said and started making our way to the second floor.

"Why?"

"Because you should rest. By the way, careful with your head." I informed her as we passed the door frame

"It's no big deal not sleeping for one night." She dismissed it, while curling her body

"Indeed. Yet, you stood awake yesterday and probably many more days before that, haven't you?"

"It's fine~."

"Perhaps to you, but I'm not okay with it."

"What are you? My mom?" she said jokingly

"I can be your mom for tonight: Young lady, look at the time. Go to sleep." I followed her joke

"Yes, mom~."

"By the way. You seem rather calm in this situation." I asked while climbing the stairs

"That is because I'm used to it."

"Did other people had to drag you out like this?"

"No, I used to be paraplegic. Therefore, my parents and boyfriend did it all the time."

"I can believe you were paraplegic. But a boyfriend, that is another story." 'with her memory issue…'

She somehow puffed her chest from her position "What can I say? I am pretty charming!"

"I agree that you are quite cute. However, I feel like you and romantic relationships don't go hand in hand together."

"Hmph!" she just disregarded my comment

I stopped in front of her room door.

"Do you need help opening it?"

"No. I was just about to ask you: When are you releasing the tools from your hands?" She still kept the tools she was using in her hands

"Don't worry about them!" she exclaimed

"Well. I don't trust you. So, can I ask you to give them to me? I'll return them tomorrow morning."

"How? Your hands are occupied?" she shrugged with a cheeky expression 'Translation: There is nothing you can do right now.'

To her blatant baiting, I created a limb of darkness with a hand "There is one hand free at the moment." I said, doing the "give me" gesture with it

Yukiria intently watched the darkness hand and gave it the tools while sighing "I did not there is actually someone who can use that element…"

"You know what it is?" I asked surprised while I was using another darkness hand to open the door

"You don't."

"I only recently found out about it and I was looking for information. Can you tell me what you know?"

"Not much. I only remember reading on the internet that it was a useless element as its requirements were quite steep 'If I did not have [Node] to make the element automatically, I would say the same'. Other than that, nothing."

"Too bad…" 'That means that I have to be the pioneer for it'

"Anyways. Can you put me down?"

"Only, if you promise-"

"Yes, yes. I'll promise." She said it like a spoiled child taking a chuckle out of me.

I put her down and watched her making her way to the bed. In, parallel it put the tools inside my inventory 'Remember to give them to her tomorrow'.

"Wait a second."

She stopped lifting her covers "What is it?"

"Are you going to sleep with those clothes on? The clothes you worked with?"

"It's fine~."

"It's not."

She sighed "Okay… You're being quite meddlesome right now, you know that."

"I can be more annoying if you want~." I replied teasingly

"Please, don't."

"Then hurry up. I'll stay here until you are tucked inside the bed." I turned around to let Yukiria dress herself

"Why did you turn?"

"Manners."

"There is no need to do that. We're both women, so it's fine."

'If she said it's okay then' "Okay." I turned back to her and noticed she was already on her pajama

"What? Were you expecting something else~?" She said with a teasing expression 'Damn, I forgot about the switching technique of the inventory'

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Oh. I'm sure you do~." She spoke with laughter "Are you sure you don't want-" she put herself in a quite seductive pose. One where she bends forward with a hand on her hip and the other beside her lips"-Me." And finished with a wink 'she definitely took that from an anime' "Just kidd-"

I put my hands on her shoulders and pushed her onto the bed with me on top.

"What are-!?" I put my finger on her lips to shut her mischievous mouth.

"Yukiria, you should not play with someone's emotions." My finger slid down from her mouth to her neck and I did not stop there. I kept sliding it across her body, through her valley to her abdomen. I stopped there with my finger and I kept rotating there. I put my mouth next to her hear and whispered "Or else, you will get into situations like this one."

"Wait." She said with a barely audible voice. Yukiria whole personality seemed to have changed from the always playful and energetic persona to a meeker one 'and that gap is playing with the strings of my reason'

"By the way, Yukiria." I kept whispering "I'm the one who does the teasing~."

"What?" she asked confused

I got up from the bed and made my way to the door. I opened it and before "What? Were you expecting something else~?" I used the exact same words and expression as she did before.

Realization fell upon her as her face changed once more. A flush appeared, created from multiple emotions. She grabbed her pillow and threw it at my face with quite a bit of strength behind it. "Get out!"

I grabbed it, lightly returned it to her and quickly escaped outside "Goodnight" Then I closed the door. I heard something hit the door right after I closed it.

I entered the room where I was going to sleep. Once inside, I covered my face with my hands and sighed profoundly. I knew that what I did to Yukiria was wrong and should never, ever have done that even as a joke. Normally such act of seduction would not phase me, however, I was not right in the mind.

'Damn you Yukiria. Why did you have to awaken it?' Thanks to Yukiria, my reason lost a few strings to its rope but thankfully it still held on.

I've been in this world for almost three weeks and not once have I taken care of my body. Therefore, I was feeling quite… lustful and I did not have a place to release it. That is unless I find myself a corner in the forest and do it but my pride forbids me of such action. Therefore, I decided to bear with it until at least I could rent a room at an inn for one night so that I could go all out. However, although the number of minimum habitations to house the town's population has been reached, it has not increased that much from there. There are no vacancies. Not to mention, that there are those that are camping outside like me.

Perhaps, if everybody tackled the housing problem like in the beginning, this would be solved in no time. Except that there are tons of other problems that require immediate attention thus I can only wait.

I sighed once more and decided that I should apologize to Yukiria once I'm feeling more like myself. I looked at the bed intently and felt a heat in my abdomen. I shook my head to get rid of the thought. 'I should not do it in a friend's house'

However, no matter what I thought, the bed looked so inviting and not for its original purpose.

'This is going to a long night…'

22