Feel the humiliation I suffered back then
489 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two of them talked and walked to the restaurant. After breakfast, Claude and Bob walked slowly towards the door of the City Lord's Mansion.

It was only a little more than ten minutes' journey to the door of the City Lord's Mansion. When I arrived at the door of the City Lord's Mansion, I saw an ice road exuding cold air.

Caroline froze the road.

At the end of the ice road, a silver-haired girl wearing silver armor was looking at Claude coldly.

The ice blocked all the roads leading to the outside of the City Lord's Mansion, and Caroline, who had long silver-white hair, stood in the center of the door of the City Lord's Mansion, holding a snow-white sword in both hands and watching coldly. 

Her golden eyes were cold and sharp, and the chill on her body was visible to the naked eye. Her whole body was filled with coldness from the inside out.

Just standing there gave people the illusion that she was an ice sculpture.

It's too cold, and she's not as cute as she was five years ago. She's actually more beautiful and taller than she was five years ago.

Claude made a visual inspection and found that Caroline standing at the door was about 1.7 meters tall, which was shorter than him.

But the aura and momentum are very strong.

As expected of the destined daughter, who has the template of the protagonist, she became a sword master in just five years. This speed of training made his teeth itch.

After the housekeeper, Bob, brought his young master to the door, he left silently. The master asked him not to interfere in the junior's affairs, so he naturally did so.

This place is now left to my young master.

Claude glanced at the icy road under his feet and stepped forward.

Caroline looked at Claude, who was wearing fancy clothes, and her appearance from five years ago came to mind. This man was more handsome than five years ago, but no matter how beautiful his skin was, he couldn't hide his dirty heart. 

Looking at Claude walking towards her step by step, Caroline's eyes showed contempt. After her, this handsome man canceled the engagement of several girls in succession, and, most importantly, this bastard also Let someone kidnap the girl from the street and send her to his room!

For this kind of behavior, if he were not the son of the Grand Duke of the Empire, he would have been beaten to death long ago.

Thinking of what Claude had done over the years, the chill on Caroline's body became even more severe.

Click...click click click...

Claude's robes and feet were stained with a light layer of ice scum, and even his eyebrows and hair were stained with a layer of white frost.

The cold turned into aggressive ice slag. Is this the strength of a sword master?

As expected, he was domineering.

"Miss Caroline, I didn't expect that our reunion after a long separation would start in this way."

Claude came to Caroline. When he was still three steps away from Caroline, he stopped. He flicked his sleeves, and the ice slag and frost on his body melted instantly.

When Caroline saw this scene, a look of surprise appeared on her cold face, and she easily dispelled the cold power on her body. Is this guy still a warrior?

Didn't the rumor say that he couldn't practice fighting spirit?

So what happened just now?

Could it be that the strange clothes he was wearing were enchanted clothes?

Looking at Claude who was so close, the chill that surged through Caroline's body stopped at this moment, "Are you surprised? Didn't you expect today's ending five years ago?"

Claude spread his hands, "To be honest, I didn't expect it. Besides, Miss Caroline, I think there should be some misunderstandings between the two of us."

"Misunderstanding?" Caroline sneered, "So was it also a misunderstanding when you broke off our engagement?"

"Um... No, I broke off the engagement because I didn't want you and me to become victims of political marriage. I told you this when I broke off the engagement."

"The political marriage is just a cover. The real reason that makes you want to break off the engagement is that you felt that I was not good enough for you and played with my feelings. Then you announced your breakup in public on the day of your coming-of-age ceremony. Claude! Today, I also I want you to feel the humiliation I suffered back then."

The frost sword was raised by Caroline, and she pointed the sword at Claude. "You should have read the contents of the challenge yesterday. Now, I will give you a chance to defeat me. If you can defeat me, five years Let's end the matter of breaking off the engagement."

"Wait a minute! Miss Caroline, you said you broke off the engagement, and I accept it, but you said that I played with your feelings. Isn't that too much? When have I ever played with your feelings?"

Claude was a little confused, why didn't he remember that he had played with Caroline's feelings? Even if Caroline wanted to take revenge for breaking off the engagement, she couldn't just blame him randomly.

"Oh, you kissed me, hugged me, gave me gifts, invited me to your birthday party, and told me many times that I was the only object of fantasy in your heart. Have you forgotten all these things?"

Not forgotten.

Claude has not forgotten it, but the kiss that year was really an accident. Who knows how the flat bluestone floor would suddenly rise, tripping him and causing him to jump onto Caroline, who was walking towards him?

Then, the accident happened.

Sending gifts, inviting Caroline to the birthday party—all these things were done behind his back by his stubborn father and mother!

I am the only fantasy object in your heart. Yes, he said this to Caroline. As an Odin Empire native with a white-haired population, at that time, the fantasy object in his heart was really Caroline.

Can this be considered a love story?

cannot!

He wanted to defend himself, but when the words came to his lips, he didn't know what to say. Forcing him to explain would make Caroline think he was even more hypocritical.

At this time, a cold and biting sword energy erupted from the frost sword. Before Claude could react, the immortal golden sun bell he had cultivated buzzed softly and protected his body on its own.

The purple-gold bell appeared, and when it blocked the sword energy from the frost sword, it rang softly, shattering the cold and biting sword energy.

And between Claude's eyebrows, a purple-gold sun appeared.

The sword energy exploded, and the purple-gold bell appeared, shattering the sword energy. It seemed that it took a long time, but in fact, it only took a moment.

The sword's energy was shattered by the purple-gold bell, and a look of shock appeared in Caroline's cold golden pupils.

The Frost Sword is a semi-sacred weapon. Even if she just randomly inspired sword energy, its power is definitely not small, and it cannot be shattered by such a simple thing.

Artifact! 

Claude has an artifact on his body, but it is an enchanted artifact that can automatically protect him. If this is not the case, how to explain the purple-gold bell that covers Claude?

Caroline also noticed the purple-gold sun between Claude's eyebrows. She squinted her eyes and frowned. Why did a purple-gold sun suddenly appear between his eyebrows?

She was sure there was nothing there before!

What the hell is going on with this guy?

She could understand that there were enchanted artifacts that would automatically protect him. After all, his father was the Grand Duke of the Empire, so it was not difficult to buy an enchanted defensive artifact.

To be continued...

14