Son, there was a vision when you were born.
464 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even if Claude is not the reincarnation of the Demon Star, he is definitely inextricably linked to the Demon Star.

If this were not the case, the two saint-level powerhouses in the City Lord's Mansion would not suddenly attack her.

No wonder the Divine Court and other supervisory agencies found nothing twenty years ago. If Demon Star was reincarnated as the son of Archduke Claude, who would dare say that Archduke Simon's child was the reincarnation of Demon Star before there was conclusive evidence?

She was in a bad situation now. She originally wanted to settle the revenge of being humiliated by Claude, who broke off the engagement five years ago. Unexpectedly, she accidentally discovered the secret that Claude might be the reincarnation of the Demon Star.

At this time, if she desperately tries to kill Claude here, even if she barely escapes, the Edward family will definitely be wiped out by the furious Archduke Claude.

She couldn't take the chance.

Moreover, although she speculated that Claude might be the reincarnation of the Demon Star, she could not easily kill Claude without conclusive evidence.

What to do in this situation now?

Caroline's head started to spin rapidly. If she didn't handle this incident well, it might put her in a crisis.

The two powerful auras in the city lord's mansion were already very close to her.

"Forget it; I don't care if you are a demon star or not, but you broke off the engagement and humiliated me five years ago. There must be an end between us!"

"Okay, I'm willing to be with you."

"I am the sword master, and you have no chance of defeating me. Claude, I will give you a chance. Now, as long as you propose to me and let all the people in Cordero City know about it, what would you do five years ago?" The matter of breaking off the engagement can be settled here and now."

After saying this, Caroline put away the frost sword. She said this because she had no choice but to do so to protect herself.

Letting Claude propose was not originally part of Caroline's plan, but after discovering that Claude might be the reincarnation of the Demon Star, all her original plans came to nothing.

She wanted to humiliate Claude with force, make him kneel in front of him and cry bitterly, and mock his incompetence with the cruelest and most ruthless words.

These are all the methods she once wanted to use to retaliate against Claude. Now, because Claude may be the reincarnation of the Demon Star, she can only change her original idea and find another way to retaliate against Claude and monitor him.

It would be a good idea to let him propose to her in public at the Square of the God of Storms. Doing so would make people mistakenly think that she was humiliating Claude in this way and would also prevent the two saint-level powerhouses from the City Lord's Mansion from attacking. she.

And she can also temporarily stay in the City Lord's Mansion to secretly investigate whether Claude is the reincarnation of the Demon Star. If so, then she must inform the master of this news as soon as possible and let the master take action on his own.

"Proposing to you?" Claude's 'Innate Energy' stagnated, and the solid purple-gold golden bell outside his body instantly dissipated. He was confused. What kind of operation was this?

Could this be her way of taking revenge on her for breaking off the engagement five years ago?

Propose to her. And then be rejected by her in public?

If this is the case, the mature and cold-looking Miss Caroline in front of me is too childish, right?

"Sorry, I refuse..."

"If you dare to refuse, I will break those legs of yours right now!"

Simon, who was wearing a black and gold robe, walked on the ice road to Claude's side with his hands behind his back. Behind Simon was Bob, the butler with slicked-back hair and a black tuxedo.

Claude's face turned dark immediately when he saw his father. Wouldn't he refuse? Could it be that his iron-faced father saw Miss Caroline become a swordsman and wanted him to marry Miss Caroline and give him a gifted grandson or granddaughter?

Over the years, he, a silly old man, has done this kind of thing a lot. The girls who have been engaged to him are all extremely outstanding in terms of appearance, figure, and talent.

However, now, compared with Caroline, those girls are far behind. After all, it only took Caroline five years to become a sword master. Her talent in swordsmanship can only be described as 'terrifying'.

"Back then, you came to break off the engagement behind my back, which already made me furious. Now, Caroline is willing to give you a chance to make up for your mistakes. If you dare to be stupid again, I will break your legs now."

Simon looked at Claude, his face having a dark look.

Claude rolled his eyes in his heart. break his legs? The silly old man only dared to indulge in his mouth. If he really dared to break his legs, his mother would definitely dare to make this silly old man not go to bed for half a year.

Who are you trying to scare?

"Dad, this is my private matter. It is up to me to decide how to choose."

"It's not up to you this time. Besides, your mother also likes the child Caroline very much. She also hopes that you can propose to Caroline."

Simon looked at Claude and said it solemnly.

When Claude heard this, a look of suspicion appeared on his face. Would his mother have such thoughts? Growing up, his mother had never forced him to do anything, and he didn't believe it.

After staring at his father for a moment, Claude shifted his gaze and looked at Bob.

Bob wouldn't lie to him.

When Bob saw his young master looking at him, he smiled and nodded, with an expression on his face that said, "What the master said is true."

After getting the answer, Claude fell silent. His mother really wanted him to propose to Caroline?

If his mother really had this idea, then he really couldn't refuse it. After all, because of his cultivation of 'Innate Energy', his mother almost died in childbirth when she gave birth to him.

Although he survived, the root cause of his disease also fell. This was all caused by his practice of 'Innate Energy'.

Therefore, after so many years, the mother and father never wanted a second child because the mother's body did not allow her to have a second child.

Although he had been secretly using Chinese medicine and real energy to nurse his mother's body over the years, it was too difficult to replenish her original strength.

Fortunately, there are many magical things in this world. When his strength improves, he will leave the City Lord's Mansion to find those heavenly materials and earthly treasures for his mother.

His mother wanted him to propose to Caroline, so her wish would be fulfilled, and so was Caroline's wish—this marriage. They asked for it.

Although Caroline may break off the engagement after proposing, since her mother wants him to propose to Caroline, go ahead.

Anyway, for Caroline, it's not a big deal.

"Miss Caroline, you have to think clearly. I don't think the proposal should be used as a bargaining chip for you to take revenge on me."

Claude didn't mind the proposal being rejected by Caroline in public, but he felt that it was too childish to retaliate against him by proposing.

"You don't need to worry about this. You just need to do as I say. If you agree, you will propose to me in public at ten o'clock tomorrow morning in the Square of the God of Storms."

Caroline's face was cold, and her heart was unmoved. However, when Simon appeared next to Claude, she still saluted him.

Simon is the Grand Duke and an elder. Before Claude broke off the engagement, Simon treated her well. She had clear grudges and would not anger the entire city lord's palace because of Claude's behavior. From the beginning to the end, the only person she wanted to take revenge on was Claude.

Claude had a look of helplessness on his face, and his heart was blinded by hatred. Why would a young and beautiful swordsman use this method to retaliate against himself?

Could it be that she fell in love with himself, who was elegant, easy-going, and good-looking? Want to conquer yourself with great strength?

Is this possible?

_____________________________________

Claude touched his face; it seemed that this was not impossible.

"Miss Caroline, I hope you will not regret today's decision in the future."

"It's my business not to regret it later. Tell me your answer."

"I agree. My parents hope that I can propose to you."

"Okay, I'll wait for you at Storm God Square at ten o'clock tomorrow morning."

After speaking, Caroline swung the frost sword behind her and turned around to leave.

The moment she left, the ice at the door of the City Lord's Mansion melted away.

Watching Caroline leave, Simon, standing next to Claude, looked a little complicated. The secret of his useless son was finally discovered.

Caroline, a little girl from the Edward family, you are quite quick-witted.

"Master, do you want someone to secretly 'protect' Miss Caroline?"

Bob watched Caroline's back disappear at the end of the street and asked respectfully.

Hearing this, Simon pondered for a moment and then shook his head. "No need; the little girl from the Edward family is very smart and doesn't need our protection."

"You two have something to say. Tell me why you asked me to agree to propose to Caroline." Claude asked Simon and Bob.

Simon was silent for a while, then he said, "Because there was a vision in the sky when you were born, son... you may really be the reincarnation of the devil star."

Claude: "...."

To be continued...

__________________________________

T/L: Lol, even his family believes that he is a reincarnation of a demon.

9