Chapter 8: Angry Caroline
368 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I don't think so."

Claude had a dark face and refused directly, without thinking. His father had gone crazy to have a grandson. He even dared to plot against the next queen of the empire. He was not afraid that the imperial family would be wary of the Claude family?

Although he didn't know much about some political affairs in the empire, he knew that among the three princes of the empire, his father had the largest power, the largest fiefdom, the largest army, and countless elite soldiers and generals under his command.

Not to mention that his father has been secretly cultivating powerful people over the years. If he hadn't known that his father was a fool, he might have mistakenly thought that his father wanted to rebel.

"This matter is not my intention, but your mother's. If you have any objections, you can go to your mother later."

"..."

"Dad, you are not only a fool but also a scoundrel. Don't you know what my mother means? In short, I am opposed to the marriage with the imperial princess."

"You object? OK, if you object, you won't have pocket money for half a year."

There was a hint of disdain in Claude's eyes. "Tsk, it sounds like you have a lot of pocket money. Who is in charge of the financial power of the City Lord's Mansion? Dad, don't you have an idea in your mind? By the way, if I remember correctly, you seem to have borrowed a large amount of money from me, right? Please pay me back as soon as possible."

Simon's face turned dark when he heard this, and he was immediately very angry. "Huh! Do I care about your little money, as you said? When your mother gives me pocket money next month, I will pay it back to you immediately. Now get out of my sight immediately."

Claude shrugged at the frustrated Simon and said with a smile, "Then please remember to return it as soon as possible."

"Go away!"

Claude turned around and left gracefully.

Bob looked at the angry master and snickered to the side, saying that the master was worse off than the young master.

The master's monthly pocket money is only one-third of the young master's, so when the master has no money, he occasionally asks the young master to borrow money.

His wife is not only good at raising children; she also has extraordinary talent in finance. 'Well, my wife is the same.'

"Master, Miss Caroline, there is really no need..."

Simon waved his hand and said, "No need; that little girl from the Edward family is a smart girl; she won't do stupid things."

"The master is right."

"Bob, what do you think about a marriage between Claude and the Imperial Princess?"

"Master, I'm not worried about the marriage. What I'm worried about is that you just negotiated with the imperial family, and the young master immediately came to break off the engagement... If this really happens, the empire will be embarrassed."

Simon was silent. After thinking about it, he felt that what Bob said made sense: "That's right. I'll discuss this matter with my wife before we discuss it."

Bob nodded.

_________________________________________

Square of the Storm God

After leaving the city lord's palace, Caroline carried the Frost Sword on her back and walked aimlessly in the square. Wherever she passed, the crowds dispersed, and even the birds did not dare to sing around her.

Some aristocratic princes and men who coveted Caroline's beauty were eager to try, but at the same time they were afraid.

The snow-white sword on Caroline's back and the cold air constantly escaping from her body intimidated them.

Especially Caroline's ruthless golden eyes, which made people even lack the courage to look into her eyes.

Walking in the Square of the God of Storms, Caroline's mind was filled with thunder. She was wondering whether Claude was the reincarnation of the demon star.

If it was, then she would definitely not watch Claude destroy the Canglan Continent. If not, then... the day Claude fell in love with her, it would be the time for her to take revenge on him.

Do you want to tell Master that Claude may be the reincarnation of the Demon Star?

Now that she is in Cordero City, it should be difficult to pass this news to her master, and Archduke Claude will not give her this opportunity.

She should have been able to come and go freely, but now she feels like she is behind bars.

There was also Claude. During this meeting, Claude's performance was not as bad as she imagined. He even faced her with ease and easily defused her various attacks.

His performance was not as bad as was rumored.

Moreover, when he asked him to defeat him, there was actually a fighting spirit in his blue eyes.

An aristocratic son who cannot practice fighting spirit or meditate can still be willing to fight when facing a sword master.

Is it because you don’t know how high the sky is? Or is he hiding his own strength?

If you can't practice fighting spirit and can't meditate, are you really a waste?

Caroline stopped, and her eyes flickered. She didn't know how to practice or meditate. If she were an ordinary person, she would be absolutely useless!

but! Claude is not!

If Claude is the reincarnation of the Demon Star, then he doesn't need to practice fighting spirit or meditate to possess extremely terrifying power.

As long as he awakens the ability of the Demon Star, then... his power will definitely be extremely terrifying!

Thinking of this, the image of Claude covered by the golden bell of the Great Sun emerged in Caroline's mind.

Artifact?

wrong!

That kind of energy was not fighting spirit or elemental energy at all; it was an energy she had never felt before!

Damn it!

He deceived everyone!

He is not a waste!

Rather, he is an insidious and cunning person who has awakened the power of the Demon Star!

Kakaka——

Under Caroline's feet, a series of ice spread out in all directions, with her as the center. The thought that Claude might have awakened the magic star ability made her shocked and angry.

What surprised her was that Claude was not a waste at all, but a hidden predator. What made her angry was that she actually believed those rumors and mistakenly thought that Claude was really just a noble son who couldn't practice and acted like a bastard.

'Damn, damn damn!'

He hides it too deeply!

I'm afraid that his previous performance was no different from a circus clown in his eyes. He was just cooperating with his performance!

Let him propose to me, probably as he expected,' Claude! You humiliated me once, five years ago. Five years later, I never thought I would be humiliated by you again!'

Caroline clenched her fists, and her golden eyes were colder than before.

good!

Claude, since you want to play, then I will play with you. I want to see who will end his life in defeat in the end.

I bet the name of the Frost Sword Master and my life to play with you!

Heavy snow fell over the God of Storms Square... The sight of snow in June once again made the people in the square exclaim.

At this time, in the City Lord's Mansion, in the courtyard where Claude lived.

Claude was sitting in the courtyard, thinking that after his proposal was successful tomorrow, would he let Caroline sleep in the same bedroom with him? Or sleep separately?

On a hot summer day, it would be nice to sleep with Caroline, a 'wife' that has its own cooling function.

To be continued...

13