Is this a proposal? Are you sure it’s not a vendetta?
405 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a good idea to sleep with Caroline in his arms, but Claude didn't have the courage to do it. To be precise, it wasn't that he didn't have the courage, but his conscience didn't allow him to do it.

Moreover, even if he had this idea, Caroline might not agree to it. The proposal was just a way for Caroline to take revenge on him or monitor him to get her to commit to him. The possibility was zero.

Claude, who was sitting under the grape trellis in the courtyard, sipped his black tea, smiled, and shook his head, throwing away the unrealistic fantasy in his mind.

He cared more about the words 'reincarnation of the devil star' than being revenged by Caroline.

He had also heard the words "Demon Star Destroys the World" a little bit. Before, he had always thought that the Demon Star's "Destroy the World" was just a rumor.

Now it seems that the rumor that the Demon Star will destroy the world may be true.

The rumors may be true, but Claude is not a demon star; the demon star is someone else.

In other words, he took the blame for the real Demon Star. Judging from what happened this morning, his father and mother probably both believed that he was the reincarnation of the Demon Star and even had a lot of backup plans for this.

And Caroline might also mistakenly believe that she is the reincarnation of the Demon Star.

It's a bit of nonsense.

If this misunderstanding is not resolved, when word spreads that he may be the reincarnation of the Demon Star, the powerful individuals on the entire Canglan continent will probably come to kill him. At that time, he must be allowed to fight against the entire Canglan continent on his own. The strong one?

Isn't this cheating?

He must get rid of the title of Demon Star Reincarnation as soon as possible; otherwise, he may really be wrongly accused of being the villain boss.

It's snowing in Cordero City in June. There is indeed a grievance.

His grievances were so great, and Claude Raiden was really not exaggerating at all.

Claude doesn't enjoy suffering and taking the blame for others. He doesn't feel good for the time being. However, just in case, he should practice more diligently.

After drinking all the black tea in the cup,Claude stood up and left to practice.

A day is spent practicing.

Vertical sun.

Bob appeared in Claude's bedroom, holding a well-tailored white and gold dress. "Master, today is the day you propose to Miss Caroline. I think the dress you usually wear is a bit inappropriate. What do you think?"

After sitting cross-legged on the bed and practicing all night, Claude opened his eyes, stretched his waist, got up and stretched his body, and nodded in agreement. "Bob, what you said makes sense."

Bob raised his eyebrows and smiled, holding the dress in both hands and handing it to Claude.

"Bob, from now on, just let others do this. There is no need for you to do this yourself for such a small matter."

"Haha, Master, I don't feel at ease when others serve you. I feel at ease when I do it myself."

Claude took the dress from Bob's hand, put it on the bed, and began to put it on one by one.

The dresses of nobles are more cumbersome, but now that it is summer, the dress Bob brought is actually similar to a suit.

Shirts, waistcoats, trousers, boots, ties, and windbreakers are all summer styles, but wearing this dress can't keep you cool.

After a while, Claude, who had put on his dress neatly, came to the mirror to tidy up, then turned to look at Bob. "How do I look, Bob? Is it okay?"

Bob raised his right thumb and praised, with a smile, "Your Majesty!"

The young master in formal dress is a true nobleman, with an outstanding temperament and appearance. No wonder the maids in the city lord's palace who have seen the young master in formal dress all regard the young master as Prince Charming.

With the young master's appearance, even the daughters of other nobles would be impressed by the young master's gentle smile.

"Yesterday, Miss Caroline asked me to go to the Square of the Storm God to propose to her, right?"

"Yes, Master."

"Well, I'll go after breakfast."

"Breakfast has been prepared for the young master. The young master can enjoy it at any time."

"Then, let's go."

After having breakfast in the restaurant, Claude left the City Lord's Mansion and walked towards the Square of the God of Storms. Behind him, in addition to several guards in civilian clothes, there were several doctors following him.

A young lord who goes out in a formal dress can easily make some nymphomaniac girls fall into a coma. Doctors exist to treat those nymphomaniac girls.

It is precisely because of this that Claude rarely goes out in formal clothes. He will only wear formal clothes when attending some important banquets.

Normally, he wears custom-made robes.

The City Lord's Mansion is not far from the Square of the God of Storms, and it only takes ten minutes by carriage.

The carriage, embroidered with a wreath of thorns, stopped at the Square of the Storm God. The powerful driver opened the curtain and reminded his young master that the Square of the Storm God had arrived.

Claude got out of the carriage and asked the coachman to drive back to the City Lord's Mansion first, while he himself walked towards the center of the Square of the God of Storms.

He had an intuition that Caroline, who was waiting for him to propose, was waiting for him under the Statue of the Storm God in the center of the Square of the Storm God.

The square is named after the God of Storms precisely because of the statue of the God of Storms in the center of the square.

At around nine o'clock in the morning, there were already many people walking in the square, including children, old people, young girls, and some teenagers practicing martial arts and fighting spirit in the square.

Full of energy.

The moment Claude, who looked handsome and wore a formal dress, appeared in the square, he immediately attracted the attention of many people. When some people in the square saw the golden thorn corolla embroidered on the left chest of Claude's dress, they all bowed and saluted.

The golden wreath of thorns is the flag of the Duke's Palace.

In addition, many people recognized Claude as the son of the Grand Duke. For a while, the people in the square saluted Claude.

Seeing this, Claude was a little helpless, but he still smiled and returned the greeting, "You don't have to be like this; you should continue to do what you should do; just pretend that I don't exist."

After speaking, he quickened his pace and walked towards the center of the square.

His eyesight was very good, and he could already vaguely see Caroline wearing silver armor standing under the statue of the Storm God, waiting for him.

Not long after, he appeared in front of Caroline.

"Miss Caroline, I kept you waiting."

When Caroline saw Claude in a dress, she nodded coldly and said, "It's not too late; propose."

Claude: "...."

Is it so simple and crude?

After complaining in his heart, Claude reached out his arms and said, "Miss Caroline, before I propose, I want to ask you one last time: are you sure you want me to do this?"

Caroline didn't reply. She stared at Claude coldly for a moment and said coldly, "You want to go back on your word?"

Okay, Claude smiled helplessly, took out the ring he had prepared, took a step back, put his left hand on his chest, bent down, and gave a knight salute to Caroline. "Miss Caroline, your beauty makes me think about you day and night. I can't sleep. Today, under the witness of the God of Storms, I, Raiden Claude, swear that I am willing to marry you, Miss Caroline. Will you marry me?"

Claude handed the box containing the engagement ring to Caroline.

"I do." Caroline accepted Claude's proposal coldly: "Put it on for me."

"..."

The people watching in the square felt so cold when they saw this scene. Is this really a proposal? Are they really a couple?

Why does this proposal give them a sense of vendetta?

Or is this their illusion?

To be continued...

14